Alpen Rose Restaurant Reviews

Holland, MI
Rating 4.4 out of 5, 19 Reviews
View more information

Margaret Married on 12/17/2016
    Fantastic wedding venue! The manager Jerry worked with us to plan our reception and everything was great. This is a really good option of you don't want to coordinate numerous vendors, because they take care of your room set up, dinner, bar, cake, and more! The restaurant has a wonderful theme, and was setup beautifully during Christmastime. It really is a beautiful venue and the price was reasonable. I shopped around a lot and decided to go with Alpen Rose because there was a lot of value there for the price. Especially because it saved me a lot of time planning and coordinating. I was a busy grad student at the time and did not want to stress about planning my wedding. So happy we found a "turn key" option.
  • User2521965 2+ years ago
    The food was incredible and they were very accommodating and went above and beyond to make sure everyone at the reception was happy. They even plated someone's food who brought outside food! Who does that???? This place is top notch.
    Caira Married on 07/04/2015
    My husband and I had our wedding reception here on July 4th, 2015, and had the most amazing night! First, many thanks to a staff that is very professional, polite, and courteous. Planning a wedding 3 hours away from where we live in Ferndale, MI wasn't easy. Jerry, the GM at Alpen Rose, helped us out tremendously with his experience and knowledge. No joke, he's the best! Our guests were extremely pleased with their dinner plates, drinks, and cake. I highly recommend checking this place out! Thank you Alpen Rose for making our wedding night so enjoyable with many memories!
    Nate Married on 05/25/2015
    When we decided to have our wedding on Memorial Day (May 25th) we knew our options for certain venues would be limited on a holiday, so we began looking around because we wanted a reception location to be nearby our ceremony site at Morningside Park (small, but beautiful ceremony venue) so people from out of town could easily locate our reception site. We looked around for different places, but many hiked their prices up for being open on a holiday. Then we discovered Alpen Rose Restaurant in downtown Holland. We got in touch with their GM, Jerry Hill, and we had a wonderful experience from the very beginning! Jerry and his staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and never hesitated to get in touch with us about any aspect of our reception, food, setup, wait staff, wedding cake, or bar menu options. Mind you we had to plan the majority of this wedding and reception from Arizona and the patience Jerry and Alpen Rose had with all our questions made us instantly feel at ease with with us not being there face to face to check things out. We also found for the price with the wedding cake, food, and bar options we could afford all the things we wanted on a tight budget of less than $10,000 for everything wedding related. Alpen Rose worked with us and even volunteered to offer their venue as an emergency backup for our ceremony if weather was bad with little to no advanced warning. Sitting down to taste test for our cake and our reception dinner went so smooth as the staff was warm and very helpful in giving us tips on what we were looking for. Everything went incredibly smooth on the big event day as their wait staff were great and timely with serving everyone. We felt completely at ease through this whole process and would highly recommend Alpen Rose Restaurant to anyone as they are a top notch business for anything wedding related!
  • User1246742 2+ years ago
    We met with Jerry and he was very accomodating and helpful. I designed m cake and brought in the supplies and it was perfect. We even were able to use my husband's grandmother cake pedestal. It was delicious we got raspberry preserves and raspberry mousse filling with vanilla cake. Wonderful place!
  • User1843803 2+ years ago
    Amazing! We had our reception there & everything was awesome!! They were super flexible and very accommodating. I had 2 friends that had recently had babies, and they provided them with private nursing rooms. My friends told me about this later, & I was so grateful! Highly recommend!!
  • F
    Caroline Married on 12/20/2008
    Gorgeous cake as I expected from them. Delicious and perfect.
    Kate Married on 10/27/2007
    We met with the pastry chef, tried samples, looked at photos and brought a photo in of what we wanted and she made it happen exactly as we hoped! They were able to also work with us on our multi-cultural wedding cake wishes.
    Olga Married on 05/20/2006
    I loved it, the food was amazing, the room is perfect for a small wedding and is lovely, and the attention and service great, they also provided the cake which was delicious.
    Amanda Married on 06/25/2016
    We are using the Alpen Rose for our rehearsal dinner. As we have worked with them, they have been wonderful.
    Nicole Married on 12/23/2016
    This is the BEST place to have your reception. It's so beautiful that decorations aren't even needed to make things pretty, decorations are just to make things a little more your style. Jerry, the manager, is incredible with customer service. He wanted to make sure that you are not surprised by any charges or fees that you will be paying at the end of your reception. Part of the package that you are paying for is a food tasting, which was a great experience. The chef even came out to talk with us about the food to make sure it was to our liking. Jerry really knew what works well for flows in the reception and walked us through how a reception flows traditionally, and helped us change things to our style.
    The food was the best food someone could ask for! It was such a high class feeling to have food served in such a beautiful atmosphere.
    Gwenalyn Married on 06/07/2008
    This place was wonderful. They have beautiful facilities, great staff, great food, the cake was beautiful, there are lovely parks and alleys all around for pictures. We only had a couple of mishaps. There were some scheduling mistakes and they never put my topper on the cake, never gave it back either... but considering everything they did I can't really complain. Fantastic place! They are top notch!
    Katie Married on 06/04/2011
    We were extremely pleased with our decision to hold our reception at Alpenrose. We were drawn to them because they do not charge a room fee - just for the actual food and drinks. Everything is a per person charge, even the bar packages and the cake, and they were extremely accommodating with things like a large head table, an adjusted bar rate for kids, strict vegetarian meals, and gluten free diets. During the event, the service was great and set up was just what we'd hoped for. The only two complaints we heard from guests was that one side of the room was significantly colder than the other, and that the music was louder on that same side of the room (we had no DJ, but hooked up a laptop through their sound system for no charge). All in all, a great venue!
  • X
    Kristie Married on 06/06/2009
    The Alpen Rose really is experienced with hosting and catering receptions, and the decorating they did for ours was amazing! There was really nothing to worry about at the reception which was definitely a plus. My only complaint was that they have two people who work on wedding receptions and the one we were assigned to was sick - but we were never informed about it. We didn't get to do as much advanced planning as we wanted because we kept calling our original person and not hearing back. I heard that he was sick from another bride-to-be who was having her reception there, too. I didn't mind that he was sick, but we were never told by Alpen Rose and had to wait to coordinate food, seating, etc. until 4 months before the wedding when we were already stressed with other wedding planning.
    Laurel Married on 08/06/2016
    I don't know anything about the responsiveness and value, because my mother-in-law paid for it all, but WW won't let me not respond to those.

However, on things I do know about: the food was decent and the atmosphere was very nice. It was a great place to have the rehearsal dinner - plenty of room for everyone and very quiet. The mike wasn't quite loud enough, but other than that, everything went well.
  • User2526042 2+ years ago
    They were great! We were able to have things arraigned how we wanted, and they had many things available for us to use like table numbers, mirrors (as centerpieces), candles, and lighted tables. It all looked beautiful.
    The M. Married on 07/06/2008
    This is a lovely venue for weddings around 150 people. Good food, fun little town, has a very Scandinavian feel.
    Jennifer Married on 06/30/2007
    I would definitely not recommend Alpen Rose for wedding cakes. The dinner there was fine but it's unfortunate that you are forced to have the cake from there as well. The cake I got on my wedding day was not decorated the way I had expected and their were gaps between the layers that were not decorated properly with frosting. It still makes me sad every time I show the wedding pictures of my cake and people ask "what happened?" because it is so obvious in the pictures.
    Anna M. Married on 07/19/2008
    Our cake was not decorated as we asked even though we had taken the time to go over what we wanted twice. Much more expensive than any other place in town.