Aloha Kelly Photography Reviews

48 | Saint Louis, MO

48 Reviews for Aloha Kelly Photography

Maureen · Married on 10/16/2015

My husband and I absolutely LOVED our entire experience with Aloha as our wedding/engagement photographer! Her work is amazing and she's so much fun to work with. Hiring her, Paul and Zack (the videographer) was the one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. The photos turned out AMAZING and our guests loved the photo booth at the reception. We absolutely love our wedding video as well. She was so sweet and professional throughout the entire process as well as the rest of her crew. We will definitely be hiring her again in the future and I recommend her to all of my family/friends! Thank you Aloha, Paul and Zack for the best photos and videos we could have ever dreamed of!

Sent on 05/02/2017
  • Joshua

Joshua Palmeri · Married on 10/16/2015

Best Photgrapher in St. Louis!

Aloha has done not only our engagement photos, but also wedding and now family photos. We get so many compliments on our pictures to this day. Her work is amazing! And she makes each session so easy and fun, we love that she doesn’t stick only with the “posey” type pictures, but let’s us do our own thing as well. It really captures the true happiness going on in each picture. We have recommended her to everyone, and now she has done all of my family’s wedding and engagement photos as well! My mother in law even calls her our “forever family photographer.” We will always continue to hire her again and again as our little family grows!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Jackie · Married on 10/03/2015

I used Aloha for my engagement & wedding photos, and I highly recommend her and her team!! I was recommended to Aloha by a friend. After viewing her online gallery, her pictures had the look I was after--and within my budget! I sent Aloha an email and received a reply almost immediately and had an appointment set up within the week. My (now) husband and I met Aloha and her colleague Paul and really liked how down-to-earth, friendly, and funny they both were. Two hours passed before we realized it! They made our engagement photo session fun, and they didn't mind when we asked if we could include our dog in the pictures. We had our amazing pictures back in enough time to order & send out our save the dates. Between then and the wedding, Aloha kept me updated on any info she needed and both her and Paul responded to my emails/texts/Facebook messages anytime I had questions. On the day of the wedding I could relax because I knew Aloha would capture all the photos I wanted, as well as those I didn't know I needed! My package included a photo booth that they brought & ran at the reception, which was a HUGE hit! My wedding was in October and before Christmas Aloha met with me personally and we designed a Christmas card I could send out to my family and friends. I am surprisingly pleased that the rest of my photos will be ready shortly--as they took thousands of pictures and had other weddings, engagement, & family photo sessions in the meantime! At the end of this, not only am I coming away with amazing pictures & memories, but new friends as well! I recommend Aloha to any bride and will definitely be using her in the future when my husband and I start a family!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Samantha · Married on 04/25/2015

Aloha and her crew were absolutely AMAZING! I would recommend her for any type of photography service needed. They were there from beginning to end, with nothing but motivation and dedication the whole time. It was a true blessing to have the world's most determined photographer on my wedding day. Through rain and shine we made the best of it! If it wasn't for Aloha I would not have pushed for my wedding to be outside like I had planned on it being. What a beautiful day it was! Thank you so much guys!! ~ The Tates

Sent on 04/29/2015

Hayley · Married on 02/15/2015

I had such a pleasant experience with Aloha Kelly Photography! Our photos were simply amazing and the photographer, Paul Dennis, was great to work with! I would highly recommend them for wedding photos or any other event. They did a wonderful job and we are so happy to have the captured memories from our wedding :)

Sent on 03/06/2015

Sarah · Married on 02/07/2015

Would highly recommend! For anyone who needs photos taken, I would suggest Aloha Kelly's service. Her photos are excellent and she has good vision for the right photos. Loved how my photo's turned out.

Sent on 02/14/2015

I cannot say enough how professional, loyal and in-tune Aloha Kelly photography was for me and my wedding. From our first initial meeting, Aloha was always in contact with me—answering to any of my questions or concerns. You can not ask for better customer service!! On the big day, Aloha made true that they were there to capture the whole day; I even had comments afterwards from family that they couldn't believe how long the photographers stayed. My wedding was small so there was a lot of interaction with my guest and Aloha's team. I was so pleased how courteous and friendly they were; they could easily have been family too! Thank you Aloha, Paul and Cash for capturing my special day and taking a HUGE chunk of your time to do so. From what I've see so far the photos look spectacular! You made the day so wonderful, relaxing and easy for this bride turned bridezilla by wedding day. Thanks for calming my nerves and doing what you do best! You're hard work is seen and appreciated!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Carrie · Married on 12/13/2014

Aloha was very accommodating to all of our requests and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera together. From the engagement shoots, picking out save the dates and thank yous, to being apart of our entire day of ceremony and reception; her staff was timely and professional all the while capturing us naturally. Our wedding party and family were both impressed by her talent and involvement through the whole process. Aloha and Paul are a great team and we absolutely love what they were able to capture. My wife and I truly had a fairytale wedding, and they captured the whole thing.

Sent on 01/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 12/12/2014

Aloha Kelly is the best. Look no further. This is the photographer you want for your event. She is wonderfully professional, extremely experienced, and creatively talented.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Angela · Married on 11/15/2014

Aloha, Paul, and Ginger were absolutely awesome. The first time we sat down and met with them I had a great feeling about them. They always promptly responded to emails and text messages. They were so easy to get a long with. Aloha even brought a personalized gift to me in the hotel while I was getting ready for the wedding. It was so sweet. Everyone loved them and thought they were great. Paul even took a scarf from one of my bridesmaids, put it on and had her take some pictures of him with his camera. Paul's motto is "whatever the girl in the white dress wants, she gets."

Sent on 11/18/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2014

We LOVED Aloha and her crew! She offered so much more than other photographers, her quality is better, and her prices are unbeatable!! We love our pictures! We did not give her an easy task either! Not only am I very critical of pictures of myself, but we also requested she photograph us with our TWO dogs! She has captured some of the best pictures of my little family & I couldn't be happier! All of the items we have ordered from her have been really high quality in addition to being reasonably prices. She is very fast to respond to emails, and so approachable! I was never afraid to talk to her about anything. If you went with Aloha you get a fantastic group of photographers and some once in a lifetime pictures!!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Kimberly · Married on 06/21/2014

If I could rate her higher that 5 stars I would! I can not say enough good things about Loa and her ability to capture all the right moments. She shot our wedding and I am in awe of the pictures she provided us. We have pictures of moments that I don't even remember happening and I am so very thankful for that! We had a huge wedding party and I couldn't think of all the pictures we wanted... thankfully she was on top of that too. She thought of everything!! During our reception, they were everywhere! Family members even said, "I don't know who will be more tired, you or your photographers!" We had such a great experience and we just love all our pictures from our wedding day!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Becky · Married on 05/26/2014

Aloha is literately the most amazing person, I’ve had a few different types of shoots with her. The first and most important thing is she is STELLAR photographer; her photos are impeccable and her editing is perfect! She was a model before becoming a photographer so she knows the best angles, positions that will flatter anyone, tricks to do with your lips or eyes that will make the photos turn out better, etc. This knowledge of being in front of the camera and behind it is priceless and something you won’t get from most other photographers. So, her photography is great but you probable already know that if you are reading this review; what stands out about Aloha is her personality!! She is so sweet and kind and encouraging and helpful! She somehow manages to get into really scary positions so that you have the perfect shot from the perfect angle!! She has become a personal friend of mine over the course of the almost 5 years I’ve known her and been getting photos taken because she is impossible not to like! I’ve always dreaded pictures but she has changed that for me, it’s so fun shooting with her that you forget about your nerves and then once you see the final product you are just totally blown away! I’ve had other photographer friends tell me how much they liked her use of lighting and that her photography is very skilled which means a lot coming from her peers! She makes things affordable because she wants everyone to be able to afford “boutique” quality photography. She is passionate about what she does because she loves helping people. If you are looking for a hidden gem in all of the high quality (usually high cost) photographers out there you have found it! Another thing I love about Aloha is how flexible she is, that’s rare to find especially in wedding photography. I would say if you love her work as much as everyone has stated they do, contact her and tell her what you are looking for; I’m positive that she can find a package that will work for you!

Sent on 05/19/2016

emanda · Married on 08/24/2013

Absolutely worth it!!! She was exceptional!!

Sent on 12/23/2013

I could not say enough good things about Aloha and her photography! She captured everything about our circus-themed City Museum wedding perfectly! She and her partners took pictures from all angles, followed us around the museum and caught lots of wonderful moments with the wedding party and guests. She was a pleasure to work with on a personal level and she was great at helping us feel natural. She got the pictures back to us very quickly and we are so very happy with the results.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Andrea · Married on 10/14/2017

Aloha and her team were great!!!! We got any and all photos we wanted. She will do anything in her power to get the photo you want in the places you want. She's fun to be around and is a pro at what she goes!!!!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Erica · Married on 09/03/2017

Aloha was our first choice for our wedding photographer. She was very flexible with setting up our engagement photos and making sure we picked the right location. The pictures turned out amazing and she was able to capture the funny side of my husband and we even incorporated our daughter who had some beautiful shots as well. We are so luck to have had her on the day of our wedding as well. She captures those special moments every bride wants on their big day. We would recommend Aloha for any photography needs. She truly a gem!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Amy · Married on 09/07/2013

Our pictures turned out great! We are not comfortable with having our picture taken and didn't even know the pictures were being taken thus making for some great candid shots.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Aloha was great! Her and my grandma communicated a lot before the wedding and I know they both enjoyed each-others friendliness. Aloha met with me to finalize things and even came to my rehearsal dinner for pics.
    She is good with posing, and helping you relax to get natural pictures. My husband and I aren't good at making our own pictures if that makes sense.
    We utilized her and a partner of hers to take pictures on the wedding day, and her fish eye photo-booth.
    The photo-booth was a big hit and it was nice to have 2 photographers all day with no time limit.
    A few times I would see her on her phone and wondered if that was taking her away from taking pics. But she is very busy and that's because she's popular and good at what she does!

I can't wait to see my pics!! I have seen one sneak peek and everyone loves it!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Aloha Kelly Photography's reply:

Hi Kala! Thanks for the great review. I believe the moment on my phone your were referring to was during the issues with the photobooth that I was communicating with the other photographer in the event tent. Being the primary - and having two assistants below me, I have to be the one in charge and that typically means some sort of outside communication. We like to make sure that any issues we have are kept underwraps as not to take away from the happiness and special moments of the day. Looking forward to showing you more images. They turned out amazing!!

Joannah · Married on 04/22/2015

Very easy going and the photos came out just amazing. My husband is very particular about style and editing and not easily pleased. We both we quite impressed!!! We will be hiring again.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 12/12/2014

Aloha Kelly photography was a splendid discovery as we were searching for a photographer service for our small wedding ceremony. Very outgoing and available as well as the sincere desire to go above and beyond in regards to every detail. The cost for the services provided was extremely reasonable for our moderate budget. Very friendly and creative. Highly recommended..

Sent on 12/29/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/21/2015

3.6
      2.0

What you get for the price is amazing!! It's very rare that you get 2 photographers for only 1200 dollars. There was lack of communication before the wedding, a lot of phone tag happening. Never really got to sit down and go over what pictures i wanted caputred for my big day and in turn really felt like I missed out on some pictures. I will say, when I wanted a certain picture taken, they were totally for it. I love that they stay with you the whole day, they did not leave till the reception was over. I have only seen 1 picture so far so I couldn't really give a great rating on finished product. I do wish it didn't take 8 weeks to get your pictures. And if you are waiting 8 weeks maybe more than 1 sneak peek would be great. Overall, if you get the time to tell them what you want captured for your big day, you will be very happy with them.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Hi Amanda,

I apologize for any lack of communication. I believe the period of time we were trying to get in touch with each other was during my Maryland 'Wedding Wire' Convention and the service there was horrible (plus the event and travel time was rigid). I did email you a couple weeks prior to the wedding about setting up a meeting, but I realize that things get super busy during that last month, although this is the typical time for us to narrow down a timeline, and offered a phone call instead.

I think we got some excellent images from the day and so glad we were able to make it to the location of your choice and still stay on schedule for the reception. I am sorry for any miscommunication on the ideas you may have had. We try to do everything we can to capture the best of the day in the time allowed.

In our contract it states digital delivery at 6-8 weeks. During the busy season, sometimes we don't even get a chance to post sneak peeks - but do our best to post something as soon as possible on social media. Sometimes if our workflow is on task, we get things done earlier. As soon as the images are ready, I will be in touch. I can't wait to share them with you. :)

1.4
      1.0

will never use Aloha Kelly Photography again.
    Great photos, horrible business.
    I was an August bride and I am still waiting on product I paid in full for, before the wedding (over $2000)
    Something very tragic did happen in Aloha's life..however I did not receive a single email/text/call stating my images would be late.

Upon contacting her I have received nothing but lies on the dates images/products would come to me. For example Nov. 11th "USBs are going out next week"...I'm still waiting for the USB (Dec. 23rd). She calls this "necessary extensions."

I have left voicemails and texts and will never receive a reply for over a week after reaching out 2-3 times. Her "assistants" are handling communication. I have received 1 email regarding my order since my wedding. However if you're a new bride/want her business she'll reply within minutes.

If you are really patient and don't mind the amount of time it will take to see photos/product then you will be happy with the end result.
    I will never use them again because of the lack of customer service and professionalism she displays .

Sent on 12/23/2015

Aloha Kelly Photography's reply:

I'm so sorry about all this Kala. There was communication after the death. I informed everyone, or my associates did. You have your images and you had them in the extended timeframe given through the online gallery. Back orders on the custom USB's during the holiday season is something I can't control. On top of that, my associates had taken over my business after the death of my husband. I appreciate your patience and understand your frustration. We did communicate, and I apologize that we had many brides before and after you also waiting on things. Life doesn't go as planned, small businesses do the best they can in the face of tragedies. I'm sorry you feel this way. I've communicated with you on the status of the USB's and when they are in, they'll be sent out and you'll be notified.