Aloha Bridal Connections Reviews

Aloha Bridal Connections 5
Aloha Bridal Connections 6
Aloha Bridal Connections 7

Sujin · Married on 06/20/2014

We are so grateful to Lauren and her amazing team at Aloha Bridal Connections! Because of these incredible ladies, our destination wedding in Hawaii was truly an amazing experience for us, our friends, and our families.

Eric and I were both so excited, but a little nervous about planning our dream wedding all the way from San Francisco. Our lovely photographer recommended Day of Coordination with Aloha Bridal Connections to us and we are so thankful that she did! From the moment that we first contacted Lauren about five weeks prior to our wedding day, it was evident that she was extremely organized, professional, and always responsive. She was prompt in getting our wedding contracts in order, preparing our timelines with vendors, and working with our DJ/Emcee just days before the wedding to prepare the final wedding timeline. By the day of the rehearsal, our minds were completely at ease and we were confident that our wedding day was going to be just perfect!

The day of our wedding was indeed perfect and went flawlessly thanks to Lauren and her team. We honestly didn’t have to worry about a thing—she had everything (every little detail you could possible imagine) under control! We can’t thank her and her team enough for their hard work and efforts in making it the most magical day of our lives. We highly recommend Aloha Bridal Connections!

Sujin & Eric

Sent on 06/09/2015

Leila · Married on 05/24/2014

I am a bit of a control freak, and started planning my own wedding 18 months out. After things started to get a bit overwhelming, I found Alauren at Aloha Bridal Connections and retained her swrvices for day of coordination. BEST DECISION I could gave made. 6 weeks out she took everything off my hands, communication was impecable, and she had amazing ideas I had not thought of. They coordinated the rehearsal and took over communication with the vendors.
    The day of I was told the weather was going be really bad, and I had planned an outdoor event. Lauren took control and I tristed her and her team to still make my vision a reality even though I was nervous. Let me tell you, they DID AN AMAZING JOB! My wedding and reception couldnt habe been any more perfect! I have gotten so many compliments on everything, and am so grateful for Lauren and her team!!
    Do your self a favor if your getting married, and HIRE ALOHA BRIDAL CONNECTIONS!!! You wont be sorry!!!

Sent on 06/16/2014

LAUREN SAVED OUR WEDDING. We had our destination wedding in April 2014 at North Shore, and at the last minute I was too stressed out to give a crap anymore about the finer details that my cousin helped me find Lauren. Booking Lauren was the smartest move I made throughout the whole entire wedding process, seriously. I was thoroughly impressed with her detail-orientation and her ability to respond to my 50 random emails in the middle of the night and text messages days leading up to the wedding. She managed to gather a team of 3 assistants to help coordinate the wedding. She was the first one there and the last one to leave the wedding, which was really relieving knowing that someone was there to help you in the thick of it all (the set up and break down the equipment, coordinating with the DJ/emcee, officiant, caterer, cake, etc.). She even helped me run the rehearsal the day before the wedding. I highly recommend Lauren and her services. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Shiloh · Married on 03/22/2014

I am a very budget aware person and planning my wedding was no exception. I was originally not planning on having a wedding coordinator, thinking that there was nothing that a coordinator would do that I would not be able to do myself and I would save the money for other things for the wedding. But, then I began to think about more than just the immediate cost of the coordinator services and more of the overall benefits. In the past, there were plenty of times when I was doing more labor for the weddings of friends and family, rather than being able to concentrate on just celebrating the couple and the event. I had also witnessed several of my bride friends have varying levels of meltdowns or details fall through the cracks as they attempted to coordinate and participate in their wedding at the same time. I didn't want my entire wedding day to be consumed with keeping track of the details instead of enjoying being in the moment. I ultimately decided to hire Lauren and I am so glad that I did!

Lauren and her colleagues arrived early as I was getting ready, maintained a timeline for the entire day, and ensured that things were being taken care of along the way. I was able to just participate in my wedding and not worry about the little things. It was also a large burden lifted from my family, friends, and wedding party. We all were able to celebrate being in the moment while Lauren took care of running the day. Prior to the wedding day, Lauren was a huge resource for finding great vendors and planning the details. I saved a bunch of time not having to search around for great vendors thanks to Lauren's recommendations. This also led me to get better prices for services than I believe I would have otherwise been able to get on my own. My guests continue to describe my wedding day as beautiful, enjoyable, and relaxing. My wedding day was such a special day that I was thoroughly able to enjoy (instead of spending the day worrying) thanks to Lauren! Money well spent!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Trisha · Married on 03/08/2014

My then-fiancée and I were planning our Honolulu-based wedding from 2,500 miles away in Los Angeles, so we knew we’d need someone on the island who could handle our long-distance needs. From our first in-person meeting five months before our big day, Lauren Ellis proved that she was perfect for us. It was one of those meetings where you walk away and say, “We HAVE to hire her!”

We booked Lauren for the “Day-Of” service, but we were able to correspond via e-mail and Skype starting a month out. During that time she got our vendor contracts in order, helped write the Emcee script, and laid the groundwork for the most important document of all: The Wedding Timeline.

The wedding ceremony went off without a hitch, but what we had really been working toward with Lauren was the reception. By the time the bridal party arrived at the Waikiki Aquarium, every single item was where it needed to be. On top of getting everything ready for our arrival, Lauren and her team made quick, informed decisions on our behalf, and were beyond amazing at keeping the reception on schedule. That's no easy task!

The reception ran smoothly, with the teams splitting up their responsibilities to balance the several spinning plates (and our spinning heads). She task-mastered the food distribution, guest photos, the bar, the toasts, dancing, and most importantly - making sure all the guests were happy. The night was truly one that my wife and I will never forget, and we will definitely never forget that we couldn't have done it without Lauren and her team at Aloha Bridal Connections.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Sheri · Married on 01/04/2014

Any bride who is looking to handle things herself or DIY, needs to at least consider getting Aloha Bridal Connections' "day of" coordination package, which is what I got since I had most of my vendors and plans set when I met Lauren. I was hesitant on getting a coordinator mainly because I wanted to handle everything myself and partly because of costs. But I am so glad we decided to go with Lauren.

During the planning process, Lauren was very helpful and answered all my questions. Her calm demeanor helped to alleviate my stress, and also left a good impression on my husband and maid of honor.

The actual day was so much smoother than I expected and it was due in big part to Lauren and her team, who went way above my expectations. She arrived early to help sort last minute details with me, helped the guys get ready when location and timing got messed up, and assisted in making sure I had everything I needed ready. I tried to do a lot of DIY things with the wedding, but if it wasn't for Lauren and her team there's no way it would have gone so smoothly. (My groom decided that he wanted to add flowers he got that day to the cake, which of course he wouldn't have had time to do, but Lauren made sure it got done and her assistant even came in early to decorate it for us!) Honestly, I am so thankful for Lauren and her assistants because without them my wedding day would have been so stressful, but she managed any problems efficiently and consulted me only if it was necessary.

I would definitely recommend Aloha Bridal Connections to my friends and family. (In fact, my mom was really impressed with Lauren and her team that she asked for a bunch of her cards for people she knows.)

Sent on 04/17/2014

Erin · Married on 05/03/2013

I had the joy of working with the Aloha Bridal Connections team under the name of "Tropical Hawaii Weddings," and I highly, highly recommend them!

I'll be honest: at the beginning of our wedding planning journey, I wasn't that keen on the idea of getting a wedding coordinator. Weddings are so expensive already, and I didn't see how the extra cost would be worth it. As the date got closer and the number of details we needed to keep straight got larger and larger, we started to realize that at the very least, we needed a day-of coordinator. Our photographer friend referred us to Lauren, and choosing her to be our day-of wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions we made in ensuring that we had the wedding of our dreams.

Communication before the wedding was easy via email and the occasional phone "meeting," and it was never a problem getting in touch with Lauren. She was always supportive and really listened to what our vision was while also bringing up details that we hadn't even thought of prior to her mentioning it. She helped create a timeline for us, coordinated our wedding rehearsal, and helped to make the last few days as stress-free as possible by stepping in on a lot of the responsibilities.

On the day of our wedding, we had to deal with a last-minute change in ceremony venue thanks to a sudden blessing of rain. A lot of scrambling was involved, but Lauren and her team made magic happen. The ceremony was beautiful, and the rest of the evening continued without a hitch.

We've gotten so much positive feedback from our friends and family about our big day, and my husband and I were so pleased with how amazing everything turned out. It was a perfect wedding, and a large part of that was thanks to Lauren and her ability to coordinate all our amazing vendors and bring our vision to life.

In short: if you're looking for someone who's easy to work with that will help you coordinate the wedding of your dreams, contact Lauren and her team!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't shout the praise for Lauren and her team loud enough. The packages she offers are perfect - love the economical options b/c I was happy to handle the upfront planning and vendors myself to save money. During that process, Lauren helped provide input, recommendations on vendors, etc. Then when she came in just before the wedding, everything came to life; they executed perfectly on my vision and solved any and all issues. Beyond ensuring every detail was handled seamlessly, I loved that I could be removed from the process and trust her team to take care of things. There's enough stress around weddings and I really don't know what I would've done without them. They went so far as to go to a store to purchase rose wine b/c our reception vendor didn't have rose as promised.

Don't think twice about booking ABC for your wedding. You won't regret it - it's the best money we spent!

Sent on 11/03/2017
    Aloha Bridal Connections 8

Chelsey · Married on 09/16/2017

Lauren was extremely helpful as we planned our destination wedding from New Zealand. The whole process was enjoyable and the wedding day was perfect. We were able to enjoy every second without having to worry about a thing. The venue turned out exactly as I imagined. Thanks again Lauren!!!

Sent on 12/27/2017
  • Joyce

Joyce · Married on 06/08/2019

Stressless wedding thanks to Lauren!

I could not have had a stressless wedding without Lauren. That was the main goal of our wedding day... to be stressless and have fun. Having her there with her team definitely helped with the flow of the evening. She kept our schedule on time, and even assisted with our layout, guest check-in table, and little things such as fixing my hair when it was crazy from dancing, grabbing me water and drinks, and extra food during the reception. The only negative thing I would have to say is that response to e-mails were a little on the long side... but that is what we found with many of our Hawaiian wedding vendors.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Sheryl · Married on 10/08/2016

We hired ABC as our day-of wedding co-ordinators for our wedding in October 2016. Natalie was lovely to work with. She gave us an excellent start a year before the wedding with various spreadsheets and details to think about. Despite living on the other side of the world in England, Natalie kept in touch regularly throughout our planning via e-mails and video calls. In the last two weeks she took over all communication with our vendors, and really helped to pull everything together. For example, 3 days before the wedding she resolved issues with our lighting rental vendor when they became very difficult and unresponsive. We got to the point where we were going to give up and forego our plans, but Natalie encouraged us not to give up on our design and in the end she secured the look we wanted. Without her our wedding wouldn't have lived up to our vision! On the wedding day Natalie and her team did an incredible job, especially with all of our DIY details like setting up our 1000 origami paper cranes and packing them all away again at the end of the day. Thank you ABC!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Anna · Married on 07/02/2016

I cannot thank Natalie and her team enough for their help in the weeks leading up to my wedding and the day of. Natalie was able to answer all my questions and respond to my seemingly-endless emails and CC's with my vendors. I was really stressed out trying to plan a destination wedding, but once I handed the reins over to Natalie at the 2-wk mark, it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. My wedding day was gorgeous, and I actually got to enjoy it! Thank you so much to the ABC team!!!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/14/2018

We selected the partial wedding coordination plan and our wedding went so smoothly. I contacted ABC and Lauren, co-owner, was very happy to explain how the business works. After signing the agreement, we were introduced to Josie, our wedding planner. She was delightful and so easy to work with. She made sure she kept in touch and answered any questions that we had. We were given a list of vendors and Josie was instrumental in making sure our vendors were on task once selected. On the wedding day, Josie made sure we were taken care of and we were completely at ease. No task was too big or too small, Josie came through for us and we appreciate how fabulous our wedding turned out! We also want to thank Jade, wedding designer and set-up coordinator. Jade and Josie helped put together our table decorations and that made our day so much more special! Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/24/2018
    Aloha Bridal Connections 9

Belle · Married on 10/27/2016

Lauren and her team at ABC were lifesavers at my daughter's destination wedding in Waikiki. They were professional, organized, and kept everything running smoothly! Thank you ABC for helping to create a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 11/10/2016

vanessa · Married on 05/24/2015

We were planning our wedding from California, so we definitely needed a day of coordinator. Their reviews looked good and pricing was on par with similar vendors so we went with them. Lauren quickly responded to my emails and we had a great in-person meeting a couple days before the wedding.

We used a mix of vendors recommended by ABC and vendors I found on my own. Though you do get a discount with the recommended vendors, they were still on the high end of what we budgeted. Things went a lot smoother with the vendors ABC recommended, but the other vendors we used were still good. We also used a venue and hotel most of our vendors, including the coordinator, weren't familiar with - which caused some confusion.

I'm usually very detailed oriented but there were a lot of things I let slip through the cracks. I forgot to note on the inventory list about the coloring books to be set out for the kids and they weren't put out. Also, I forgot to let the DJ know to make an announcement/game for people to take the centerpieces home - though we did note on the coordinator's spreadsheet. The groom also forgot to take my wedding gift to him (a watch) the night before and I gave it to the coordinator the day of to give to him, but they apologized as they forgot until the end of the night. It would have been nice if he got to wear it, but that was minor.

The coordinators did a good job of having everything run smoothly. I didn't even realize there were issues until after the wedding. Some of the plates/glasses were dirty and the coordinators took care of this without me knowing. They do a good job of not worrying the bride and taking care of things. There were many things that came up and the coordinator's took care of without consulting me, for the most part good. The decor of the reception area looked better than I thought it would. We would have been a mess without them. There were so many things that they did that we wouldn't have even thought of.

Sent on 08/01/2015