Allison Pynn Reviews

107 | Phoenix, AZ

107 Reviews for Allison Pynn

Allison was amazing - she and Antoinette, her assistant, did hair and makeup for myself and my whole bridal party (10 ladies, including 1 cranky grandma). She also did my hair and makeup for my engagement photo shoot. I will begin this by saying that I am incredibly, incredibly not photogenic. I look like my dead fat grandmother - I have one of those big chins that just photographs terribly. But we got back some of the proofs, and I looked amazing! I look like me - but not the dead fat grandmother version! The makeup was not over the top (think anti-Jersey Shore). It just made me look like me, just better. The hair was great too, very beautiful and elegant. I chose a down-do, and I danced a lot all night long. A LOT. By the end of 8 hours, my hair was definitely a little messy, but all things considered, not too bad (this is why I gave 4.5 stars instead of 5). I think down do may not have been the best choice for lasting a long time, but it was really flattering. Allison is also just the nicest person. Seriously, really lovely and great to work with. She'll do what you want, and she's INCREDIBLY CLEAN. Even my aunt, who's an infectious disease doctor and generally refuses any type of beauty assistance for fear of catching something, decided to get a little bit done. Overall, huge fan. Very, very appreciative and couldn't recommend highly enough.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Krisha · Married on 11/13/2010

I am so happy I hired Allison to do my hair and makeup! She is amazing, a true artist. At first I thought she was pricey, and she IS more expensive than other makeup artists, however if you want to look your best she is the person to hire. Her services are worth every penny. I looked amazing in my pictures. But don't delay in booking her! Her appointments fill up very fast!

Sent on 11/30/2010

Carina · Married on 04/18/2010

If you love beautiful makeup and natural (modern) up-dos (and who doesn't!?) you will adore Allison! 5 minutes into my trial I knew she was the one. Allison is sweet, professional, flexible (I threw a few changes at her the day before my wedding), and quick. She is a natural at her job and all of my bridesmaids looked amazing (no tiight, pulled and slicked back hair at my wedding). I'd hire her again in a heartbeat. LOVE her!

Sent on 05/08/2010
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2009

Allison provided wonderful hair and makeup services for my wedding! My mom, sister, bridesmaid and the groom's mother all used her and we all looked fantastic! The makeup lasted all evening without looking overdone. I wanted a very natural, fresh look and Allison did just the perfect job. My hair stayed put all night (even through some unfortunate rain) and didn't look hairsprayed one bit! She took in what I told her I wanted and couldn't have done a more perfect hairstyle. She is very easy to work with and is so friendly with everybody! If you have even a remote idea of what you want, Allison will create the perfect wedding day look for you! I highly recommend this vendor, particularly since she comes on location (one less thing to have to worry about on the wedding day). If I could do it all again, I would still pick her for my hair and makeup services. She's great, and so easy to work with.

Sent on 05/30/2009

Kelsey S. · Married on 04/20/2019

Wedding Hair and Make up

Allison and her assistant were amazing. I would highly recommend them to any bride or bridal party considering using them. She is great to work with and was able to create hair and make up styles to meet mine and my bridal party's needs.

Sent on 06/16/2019

A · Married on 10/01/2011

Allison was fantastic in every way! She made me look more gorgeous than I have ever looked in my life. She took my ideas, and made them better than I expected. Allison is professional and personable. She got along with my whole bridal party and was punctual. After it all, she gave me a list of all the products she used so I can try the look again. She was great with the hair extensions I wanted and was totally worth every penny. The only reason she gets a 4 in flexibility is because she is in HIGH DEMAND. Allison has a tight schedule, so if you want to book, do it early because she'll be taken fast.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Julie · Married on 05/09/2009

3.0

Allison did such a great job not only for myself but my Mother, and my Maid of Honor. She rocks, and my trial run was the best experience next to the wedding day! I would call her again for other events! She is very friendly, and makes the experience great!

Sent on 05/13/2009