Allison Davis Photography Reviews

98 | Plano, TX

98 Reviews for Allison Davis Photography

Deanna · Married on 04/07/2018

I am so grateful to have had Allison as our wedding photographer last month. We received our photos back from the wedding and they were absolutely stunning! Finding a photographer was definitely one of the most important decision I made for my wedding, and I definitely made the right one! She made me and my sometimes awkward husband feel so comfortable taking our engagements and wedding day photos. And as a bonus, she is AWESOME as a person. Highly recommend Allison!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Megan · Married on 12/02/2017

When it comes to weddings the best advice, I have ever been given is book the best photographer you can find. When we started looking around for our photographer, we came across Allison on the internet and loved her work. We completely trusted Allison with this important day and we were not disappointed. The photos are amazing. Her patience and understanding made our day less stressful and I could fully enjoy everything knowing that Allison was capturing special moments. She also gave excellent advice during the reception to help keep everyone engaged. Allison is amazing and one of the best choices I made for the wedding.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Kim · Married on 07/29/2017

Allison was an absolute JOY to work with! As a photographer that I'd found online years before our wedding, I was thrilled she was able to capture our special day. And that she did!!! She went above and beyond - and made sure to capture every beautiful moment of our wedding and reception. Allison is exceptionally talented at paying attention to all the little details, and her enthusiasm and passion of photography shines through in her work. Not only did she take the most gorgeous photos we could've ever imagined, but she is a true blessing to know! Guests and family are amazed at ALL our lovely wedding photos - ones we'll cherish for years to come! I highly recommend Allison Davis Photography! :)

Sent on 12/07/2017

Amy · Married on 03/19/2017

My husband and I LOVED working with Allison! We selected her for our wedding after reading all of her great reviews and we were not let down! Ever since the first day we contacted her, she has been extremely professional and easy to work with. Not only did we love her but we have heard nothing but great comments from our family and friends. She delivered our photos within a very short time frame and went above and beyond our expectations. She is the absolute BEST!! We highly recommend Allison Davis Photography for your photography needs!! THANK YOU SO MUCH ALLISON!!!!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/29/2016

All the rave reviews for Allison are on here for a reason: She is a wonderfully talented photographer and a lady with a heart of gold. As someone who gets a little awkward in front of the camera (what do I do with my hands?!??), Allison blew me away with her ability to set me and my fiance at ease with her bubbly personality, skillfully pose us, and capture relaxed and natural moments. For all our sessions so far, it has felt more like we have just been hanging out with a good friend, not doing a photoshoot. We were able to see our pictures in record time, and we were amazed at how good she made us look! Family and friends have not stopped raving about our pictures by her! She's not only talented, but also just a genuine, down-to-earth person who is wonderful to work with. I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 10/26/2016

John · Married on 10/29/2016

Allison is an incredibly talented photographer! There was never an awkward moment as she posed us for the portraits before and after the ceremony. In fact, she kept everything fun, simple and efficient! She truly captured every amazing moment of our big day and then some.
    Of course Allison is more than just an exceptional photographer. She is also a remarkable and honest person. We were beyond blessed to work with her and I would recommend Allison for any wedding without reservations!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2016

I can’t say enough good things about Allison and I’m so glad I was able to have her capture my wedding day! I must have talked to at least a dozen photographers in our quest for the perfect one, but I knew our search was over when we found Allison online. We were so impressed with her blog pictures that we hired her before even meeting her. We knew we had made the right decision from the moment we met her at our engagement picture session. She was super efficient, set up amazing shots, and even my husband (who hates taking pictures) enjoyed the session. She has such a fun personality and she’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. During the wedding day itself, Allison was just as perfect. She managed to capture every aspect of the wedding I thought was important. Even our guests and wedding party commented on how fun and efficient she was. Her turnaround time was incredible! I received links to my photos just over a week after the wedding. Communication after the wedding was just as great as it was before, and she was quick to edit and produce all my favorite photos. Our pictures look like they’re straight out of a magazine and I’m in love with every single photo she gave us! Our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING and it’s all because we had the wonderful Allison Davis as our photographer!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Kelli · Married on 10/08/2016

We loved her!!! She is an amazing photographer! Super sweet!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Ariel · Married on 05/21/2016

What a fantastic experience! Allison is so incredibly professional, witty and talented. She knew exactly how to coach us to get the best photos possible, yet we were ourselves. SHE GOT OUR PHOTOS BACK TO US IN A WEEK.. Unheard of!! Just amazing!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/07/2016

Allison was a delight to work with. Not only were the pictures wonderful, but bridesmaids/groomsmen/guests/family all loved her! It was so fun to have her at the wedding and she captured so many beautiful moments. From the posed pictures, to the details, to the candid ones we will forever hold dear. She makes you feel relaxed and comfortable in her experience and knowledge. She can snap wonderful photos quickly to capture the perfect moment, light, or just to keep the groomsmen from complaining about too many pictures (haha). Overall such a wonderful final product & a joy to work with.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Morgan · Married on 04/16/2016

My wedding planner recommended Allison, among a few other photographers for our engagement, my bridal and our wedding photos. The second we met Allison, I knew I wanted to hire her. She's kind, funny, easy to get along with and makes you feel super comfortable while taking photos.

We just got our wedding photos back and could not be happier! I believe the photographer is the most important vendor as they are the one's that actually capture the memories that last a lifetime. I'd hire Allison over and over again to capture the most important day of our lives thus far.

Beautiful photos and a beautiful person to match!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Jaime · Married on 03/05/2016

Allison Davis helped to make our entire engagement and wedding experience that much sweeter! She took BEAUTIFUL sneaky pictures of my husband proposing to me, and was flexible to the proposal - following us around and hiding in the park we were in to make sure it stayed a surprise. The pictures were perfect! When it came down to the wedding, she gave fantastic advice on how to make sure we had plenty of time for photos, and didn't miss out on a single moment of celebrating with our friends and family (a big concern for us)! Allison is professional, talented, and most of all, she is passionate and caring of all her clients! I could not recommend her more. Thanks Allison for making our day so fantastic!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Michelle · Married on 07/11/2015

We could not be happier with the whole experience Allison provided for us. As two people who aren't the most comfortable in front of the camera, Allison made it so easy! Not only did she make the experience of taking pictures a breeze, she also provided us with pictures to last a lifetime. We received so many comments on the quality of shots she took for both our engagement and wedding. Don't hesitate to use Allison!

Sent on 11/28/2015
  • User5119906 · 2+ years ago

Allison is absolutely wonderful. You can see the joy and passion for her work in the way she interacts with her clients. I have always felt I look 'awkward' on camera so I was nervous going into our first shoot. Allison gave great direction and walked us through every pose. We felt at ease the whole time and the photos look so natural! She was always available to answer questions and we received our pictures quickly. She even went above and beyond and sent other goodies along with the photos. We loved working with her and highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Allison Davis is a friend of mine from school. I have watched her grow as a skilled photographer over the years. When I became engaged, I told my parents, "Ok, now we need to contact Allison." Literally, she was my 'non-negotiable' for my wedding day. I told my parents it was her and only her for my photography. You may actually be wondering why. Well, I waited until my 30's to meet my husband and I absolutely loved how she literally could capture the love between a couple in every image. I didn't know how she did it, but I was excited to have her as my engagement, bridal, and wedding day photographer. Fast-forward to 3 months before the wedding. I had stepped in a hole, and couldn't walk. She gets this email from me "we need to wait until I can walk." Yes, I was devastated. Her response? "Not to worry, I have taken pics of a bride and edited two days before her wedding!" I was instantly relieved. Fast-forward to late October, one month before my wedding and we did my engagement shoot. She waited patiently as I took my boot off and hobbled around and she took pics with me not applying weight on my ankle. Amazingly, you would never even know about this! Then, I get strep and the wedding is approaching! I took another half-day off of work... the week of my wedding... and we took my pics. The bridals were stunning, and perfect. My wedding images... oh my goodness. They were beyond anything I could have ever hoped for! We had just her shooting the wedding, and she was fun, professional, and took pictures my guests now use as their profile pics because she is just that talented. Oh, and did I mention that she had my engagement and bridals edited and printed FOR the wedding?? The week OF the wedding... no extra charge? My parents loved that she had a contract, followed through on everything we discussed, and payment was super easy. I would recommend her to EVERY bride over and over again! You will be thankful you chose her! Just like I am!!!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Courtney · Married on 11/16/2014

Allison is just fabulous! She takes time to get to know her clients. Because of this, she effortlessly captures true personalities through her camera. She is just all around wonderful and I would recommend her to ANYONE!

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • AmandaJane

AmandaJane · Married on 10/05/2014

Allison is an unbelievable photographer!

We used her for our engagement and wedding photos and felt so well taken care of throughout the entire process. Every photo she took was beautiful and so well positioned -- she is excellent at gently coaching you along to get the best possible shots. You will absolutely fall in love with her -- she's the real deal!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Allison is amazing to work with and the pictures turned out even more beautiful than we could have imagined! We ended up doing our engagement pictures just a few days before the wedding and she was so flexible and went straight home to edit them so we could have prints for our wedding day! I really can't say enough about how the engagement pictures and wedding pictures turned out! While she is a bit pricier than other photographers I looked at I figured good pictures last a lifetime, especially when hearing horror stories from friends wedding photographers! Man was she worth the splurge! Plus she is just a sweetheart and makes you feel totally comfortable in front of the camera!!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Mimi · Married on 08/30/2014

LOOK NO FURTHER - BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER!

Michael and I got married on August 30th at SMU Perkins Chapel and Dallas Crescent. When it came to prioritizing the most important things for our wedding day, I insisted on wedding photography. I researched a ton of photographers from Houston to Dallas and finally found Allison's website.

Her photos are just beautiful and she has a TON OF EXPERIENCE. It was super important for me to get beautiful engagement and wedding photos and I couldn't be HAPPIER. She is super easy going and when you meet her, you just feel like you have been friends with her for a long time. She helps make you feel BEAUTIFUL and has experience shooting in the most beautiful places in Dallas. She captures the natural light JUST PERFECTLY.

Also, she does a great job shooting inside the ballroom, which was another concern since sometimes it can be difficult to shoot in dim light. She also was able to capture photos of everyone during the wedding. She got great group photos of people, which I really appreciated since the day went by so fast, I was able to look back at the photos and remember conversations with people.

Here is a link to our wedding blog - enjoy!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Morgan · Married on 06/16/2014

We could not have picked a more perfect photographer!!! Allison was beyond phenomenal. Her pictures are absolutely gorgeous, but she was also a blast to work with! She made us feel super relaxed and comfortable during engagement pictures--my husband is not a fan of taking pictures, but even he had a great time. Super personable, friendly, bubbly, and just an overall joy to be around. You can tell how truly passionate she is about her profession and this reflects in all of her pictures. I can't tell you how many positive things we've heard from people looking at our pictures--and how many times they've made people cry! She's great at capturing all of the sweet and sentimental moments. I would for sure choose Allison again and recommend her to anyone hands down. She's the best!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Kelly · Married on 05/17/2014

We absolutely loved Allison! She is so sweet and made us feel so comfortable. We are so impressed with her work on both our engagements and wedding pictures. We have received tons of compliments and I have already recommended her to any newly engaged couples. She is fantastic to work with and so charming. You will be so happy if you choose her! Thanks Allison!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Christine · Married on 05/10/2014

Allison Davis did an amazing job not just on our wedding photographs, but our engagement ones as well! She is extremely professional; she is great at knowing exactly the right backgrounds, poses, etc. for achieving a beautiful photo and she makes you feel so at ease throughout the whole session. I had several guests comment about how nice she was at our wedding and that they really enjoyed having her there. I also appreciate how organized she is and she makes sure everything runs smoothly and on track.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Mandy · Married on 10/26/2013

Okay, listen. The invitations and programs get thrown away. The flowers die and get thrown away. The food gets eaten and goes away. The dress is worn once and put away. The venues are visited, then you drive away.

The pictures from your wedding are precious gifts you'll eventually share with your children, your grandchildren, and they'll stay around until well after you're gone. If this is one of the single most important days of your life, why wouldn't you want someone who knows what she's doing capture all the important moments so that you can remember them and be remembered?

Allison is an outstanding photographer, and she's a rock-steady encourager during one of the most stressful times in a bride's life. My family absolutely loved her, and my family's full of judgmental, untrusting people. (just kidding... kinda)

If you don't ask Allison Davis to photograph your wedding, you're risking your photos. Sure, there are other professional photographers out there, but they're not as much fun as she is. She's a blast. We asked her to shoot my sister's wedding, and we'll ask her to shoot my wedding, whenever I decide to finally, y'know, go down that path.

Amazing photographer, honest businesswoman, fantastic woman. Call her. Do it. Or email. Smoke signals might work, but not in this wind. But yeah. Ask Allison Davis to be your photographer. You won't regret it.

Sent on 02/27/2014

Holly · Married on 09/28/2013

Allison is so talented and I loved how she positioned everyone so nobody looked out of place or awkward. And she was so nice about everything, too! Her work is second to none!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • F

Flannery · Married on 09/21/2013

Allison was amazing. She captured our whole wedding day beautifully, which wasn't easy since we got married right in front of the super bright setting sun. Everyone was so happy with how quickly the formal portraits went, and they turned out great. We chose to have her do both our wedding and our engagement pics and it was worth every penny.

Sent on 10/17/2013