Alleycakes Bakery Reviews

67 | Neptune Beach, FL

67 Reviews for Alleycakes Bakery

Leah · Married on 09/25/2014

Ali is such a gem! Her made from scratch cakes, cake pops and everything else is phenomenal! She such a pleasure to plan with. She did exactly as I was wanting and it was perfect! And the quality is on point!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Alley Cakes made pie pops for my dessert table and provided other sweet treats for my bridal shower. They customize the treats and didn't initially have pie pops on the menu, but gave them a try and made it happen for my wedding. Tasty and a great value! Great bakery, lovely staff. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2014

AMAZING! DELICIOUS! This group of girls sure know how to make a cake. My guests have told me over and over how delish all my deserts were. We used a variety of flavors in the small cupcakes and could not have made a better choice. Thanks for making the end of the night the best part.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Precious · Married on 06/07/2014

Alley and her team were great to work with!! They were very friendly and very responsive. They were also accomodating to my wants. I had cakes and cake pops at my wedding and they all were so delicious. We literrally did not have any left. What I like most was that the cake was very affordable and the flavor was not lacking. I would recommend them over and over again for any baking needs.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/16/2014

Alleycakes catered a dessert buffet for our wedding and it was incredible. I got so many compliments and the desserts were all delicious (the chocolate covered bacon was a hit)! Not to mention, the setup they provided was beautiful. They worked with me on my special wedding cake (a product of Pinterest) and were always extremely responsive (apparently a rare trait among the caterers I looked into). My only regret.... not getting more! Would recommend to any and everyone. Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 05/22/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/26/2014

Alley and Hannah at Alley Cakes are amazing! These girls are awesome bakers, as friendly as can be and so generous. I'll be using them for everything I can moving forward. So happy to see a young business owner making it, you should definitely support them with your business.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Allison · Married on 04/12/2014

I am extremely happy that we hired Alleycakes for our wedding and groom's cake. She and her team did an excellent job. We ordered a three tier cake, groom's cake, chocolate covered bacon and macaroon wedding favors. Everything was so delicious and the presentation was absolutely beautiful. Their creativeness and vision is one of a kind. The prices were extremely reasonable. Highly recommend Alleycakes!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Cara · Married on 03/29/2014

Our wedding cake and desserts provided by Alleycakes were literally the best I have ever had. Not only did it taste amazing, the presentation matched our wedding absolutely perfectly. Tons of people came up to me after the cake was cut to ask me who made it. People are still talking about it! I have since hired Alleycakes for multiple events and she has never disappointed. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Ame · Married on 03/17/2013

I can not say enough great things about this bakery! It truly has the best desserts I have found in Jacksonville. Not only was our wedding cake beautiful, it was so moist and flavorful. All of their desserts are! We had cake pops, cookies, mini pies...you name it! Not a thing was left on the buffet table when we left! Thank you for delicious treats and an absolutely beautiful presentation.

Sent on 01/19/2015

ashley · Married on 10/01/2016

Absolutely the best! Our wedding cake was gorgeous!! I almost didn't want to eat it but we did and it was delicious!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Alley Cakes was an perfect choice for our wedding cake and mini desserts! We wanted to do a medium size cake and then have multiple mini desserts for our guests to enjoy and Alley Cakes did a wonderful job. Everything looked wonderful and tasted so great!

I would highly recommend Alley Cakes for your wedding or party desserts!
    Ps - You must try the dark chocolate covered bacon and the PB&N (peanut butter & nutella) Macaroons - SO GOOD!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Nichole · Married on 04/29/2017

Alley Cakes was great for our wedding. After tasting their cake pops and macaroons, we knew we had to go with them! We did a 2-tier cake, cake pops, and macaroons all on a display table and it was gorgeous. Everyone raved about the desserts, Alley cakes was a hit!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Chris · Married on 10/22/2016

Alleycakes Bakery...what a seriously enjoyable experience! From the start everyone was truly accommodating and helpful, including one of the owners, Ali! We had a changing number of guests and updated exactly what we wanted for the reception with no complaints. Everyone loved the wide variety of treats surrounding the actual cake. Super amazing and so tasty!! Highly suggest using this fantastic bakery!

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 02/24/2017

3.0

We loved our wedding cake from Alleycakes! Their flavors are amazing and delicious, the decorating is seriously beautiful and on trend, and the value is really good. Their wedding contact is very helpful and quick to respond. The only thing that surprised me is when we went in to place our order, the girl at the counter who took our order was not professional and not listening to our requests. We chose to order a smaller wedding cake as our venue had other options for guests, and although we told her what size cake we wanted, she continued to ask why we were not getting a larger cake for our number of guests. We had 3 cake options at our wedding and although we explained this, she didn't write this information down, wrote that we needed a larger cake then we asked for, and did not listen to what we were saying. When my fiance picked the cake up, they let him know we get a cake on our first year anniversary, which is really nice, but followed with a backhanded comment of "even though we ordered a small cake". They also continued to make comments like "oh are you having a backyard wedding?" although we had our wedding at The White Room. Overall the cakes are great but the girls who work at the store need to listen to their brides and treat each customer like they are valued, regardless of what size order they place. It was jarring how stuck up they acted and treated us like we were insignificant although we had a black tie, white room wedding..we just wanted a smaller cake!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Alleycakes Bakery's reply:

Well we are so happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the flavor & decor of the cake we provided but we are sad to hear that you did not enjoy the customer service part of the process as much as the cake itself! We pride ourselves as much on our customer experience as we do on our made from scratch cakes. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your likes and dislikes with us and for your candid review of our service. At the same time we feel that there may have been a miscommunication following the initial order placed in the bakery. It is our policy to contact all couples to verify details of their wedding orders (flavors, details and cake size etc...) this is never meant to put pressure on the client to change / increase their order but rather to verify their order, answer questions and ensure that we are 100% on the same page before we create and deliver the cake. We apologize if this came across as pressure or displeasure with your cake order - that was certainly not our intention! As for the off hand comment when your husband ordered the anniversary cake - another misunderstanding as we did not have the full wedding details sheet attached to the anniversary order and were simply making small talk while the cake was being packaged - never our intention to appear snobby or ungrateful for your business! Again we appreciate your honest review and will use this as a teaching tool for ourselves and employees going forward. We wish you and your husband the very best and sincerely hope that you will come visit us again! xoxo - the girls of Alleycakes
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/07/2018

3.0

Our cake tasted great and looked great too! It's exactly what we asked for.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Emily · Married on 10/21/2017

Our cupcakes and cake were delicious! We did a pick up order since our wedding was in Palm Coast. My only reason to not give it 5 stars all the way is there was an issue with the order (the cake had not been made yet) when we came to pick it up, but they quickly made one for me and was ready within 20 minutes or so. People raved about the flavors! I'm so glad we did cupcakes instead of a giant cake, I think our guests really enjoyed the smaller bites!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hey Emily!

I am so sorry for the delay in pick up! It was a bit of a hectic weekend for the shop. I ended up being rushed to the ER on Friday night and have been out since. I am so sorry to hear about the delay in your cake but so glad you enjoyed everything! Hope you had the best day ever! Remember when you celebrate your one year, to call in your anniversary cake or to call it in and have it prepared to be frozen for the year! Hope to work with you more in the future! Thank you for the feedback! -Ali

Dannielle · Married on 03/05/2016

3.4
      2.5

Alley cakes were a great choice for me because I wanted other treats along with my cakes. He cake pops and cake was amazing. The staff was very responsive. Only slight negative was they did not set up my labels to corespond with my treats. Luckily my bridesmaid caught it before the reception. Also, remember it is your responsibility to return the platters if you rent them. I signed my contract about 4 months prior to my wedding and forgot. They called me the day they were due to remind me.

Sent on 04/22/2016

Alleycakes Bakery's reply:

Danielle - thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and for making a note of our return policy for platters. We do our very best to remind brides and their planners of this responsibility when they sign the rental contract with us as well as on the day of the wedding and always provide a convenient plastic bin to make your return that much easier.. Congrats again on your wedding and we wish you the very best of luck in the future!