Allegro Quartet Reviews

32 | Zion, IL

32 Reviews for Allegro Quartet

Joanne · Married on 06/26/2010

Ron Arden provided the perfect touch of elegance to my daughter's wedding. He provided ceremony music that we requested, along with some suggestions of his own. He gracefully filled in when the girls took a little longer than planned to get themselves to the ceremony site. It couldn't have worked out nicer!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Alice · Married on 05/22/2016

We had a trio play for our wedding for approximately 4-5 hours since we decided to forego a DJ. Ron was our main contact person and was willing to meet beforehand to go over specific music as well as the general type of music we like. They were very responsive and accommodating to our requests. We were very pleased with the professionalism of the trio and thought it was worth every penny :)

Sent on 06/28/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

3.5

Ron and his Allegro team were very easy to work with and did an amazing job performing for our ceremony.
    We received many compliments from our guests.

Lauren

Sent on 07/10/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

3.5

Very professional and great to work with! My husband and I live in La Grange and getting up to Zion was going to be very difficult with our jobs and schedules. Ron was great and we were able to meet with him via skype and hear and choose our music from home. They did a wonderful job at our wedding at both ceremony strings and a pianist during cocktail hour. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Kim · Married on 07/16/2016

3.5

Very knowledgeable. Ron gives good advice.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Richard · Married on 05/17/2008

4.2
      3.5

Service was good and musicians were very accomodating to our personal requests.

Sent on 06/28/2008
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/06/2019

2.0

I hate to say I feel very let down

I meticulously searched for a string quartet to play at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on 5/25/19. I found Ron Arden and was very impressed with his background, quick responses and his price was very reasonable compared to other quotes. Ron was always prompt to respond, very flexible and I booked him almost a year in advance. Ron was my only contact throughout the entire process and as our wedding approached we drove almost an hour away to meet him in Zion. Ron was a very pleasant gentleman and his love of music is undeniable. He explained when each song choice would be played and i learned a lot from him in terms of Ceremony music. I honestly hate to leave negative feedback but I heavily relied on feedback from other brides and I feel it’s my duty to post my experience for other soon to be brides. Fast forward to the morning of my wedding- it’s extremely hectic and full of pressure. You have a bunch of girls in a suite getting hair and makeup done, getting dressed and having pictures taken left and right. I was extremely nervous about how the day and night would play out and all I could do was pray that all my hard work planning would pan out. I was very upset when I received an email from Ron Arden saying that he would not be able to make it to my wedding, and that “another job came up”. He said he would be sending his wife Cynthia and 3 other players. I never doubted the ability of the people he would send as I know Ron has many connections in the music world, but I didn’t couldn’t believe i was told “another job came up” and “as a freelancer this is how he makes his money”. I understand we all need to make money but i booked him almost a year prior and put a deposit down so that another job wouldn’t just come up. You don’t send an email like this to a bride the morning of their wedding and i think looking back Ron would have to agree that he made a mistake. The string quartet was lovely overall; however, there was an awkward instance where the music stopped as my father and grandmother walked down the aisle and when I reached out to Ron about this I was blamed for changing the order of the bridal party (which was NEVER changed). My bridal party was the same from day one and if someone is walking down the aisle there should be music. The coordinator was also blamed for giving an incorrect signal. I was surprised by Ron’s responses to me and had he not blamed me I probably wouldn’t have even written this review. I wouldn’t tell anyone not to hire him but i would definetly make sure, in advance, if he plans to attend your wedding or send others. Had I conversed with his wife at some point prior to the day of I would have been ok with Ron not showing up; however, I would never recommend he email a bride the morning of her wedding to let them know another job came up and he wouldn’t be able to make it. It is unnessesary. Everyone liked their music and the song after my husband broke the glass was amazing and i will never forget the feeling I had once the song I picked to exit the ceremony started. It was spectacular. Also the quartet arrived on time and they were dressed professionally. Just make sure to overcommunicate your expectations.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Allegro Quartet's reply:

I appreciate all reviews! Great to hear people's responses and concerns. The Allegro Quartet is a highly sought and professional ensemble and I will not argue the critical points made here. As they say, we will have to "agree to disagree". Perspective is everything - and so are contracts. We amply filled the requirements agreed on in writing - but the musicians also faced uncertain obstacles at the event to the best of their ability. No one is perfect - but I stand by the services we gave and I wish this bride and groom all the best for a bright and happy future. It was a pleasure to have your business. Ron Arden