15 Reviews for Allegro Event Inc

Bilingual MC (1)
MC (1)
15 Allegro Event Inc Reviews

Jeannie and her team went above and beyond for our wedding day. We only had our venue, catering, and photography booked four months before our wedding, and needed some serious help. We reluctantly decided to put in a little extra for month-of wedding coordination services, and boy did that go a long way. Our wedding day was extremely smooth, and everything was perfect!
We booked Allegro for their MC/DJ, officiant, and month-of wedding coordination services. We were in a rush, and they went above and beyond to recommend us vendors in our budget, figure out what styles we wanted, and lend us gift boxes and random decorations. I am thoroughly impressed by all of Allegro's services and would have booked them first had I known the value they would provide. Jeannie's team is well organized, and made sure our timeline was executed perfectly. At the end of the day, all of our getting-ready items, clothing, decorations, etc. were packed up neatly into boxes and left in our hotel room at the end of the night.

Profile Picture Janet, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bilingual MC, MC

We booked Allegro Event for our wedding reception on 8/6/16 for the MC&DJ service and everything went smoothly!

*Pre-event:
Jeannie was actually referred to by our photographer since we needed an MC that spoke English and Cantonese fluently. We wanted someone who was organized and can create a great atmosphere so that both our guests and our families can have fun. We had a great impression of Jeannie even before we met her because she was extremely prompt in her communication and always answered things in completion. Also the quote she quoted us was flat, no taxes or service fees, everything was upfront and easy. We met twice before the actually event, one as a consultation and one to create a timeline of events. Both times Jeannie were on time and accommodated our location (we live down in OC). She also coordinated all the music selection for the DJ before the event.

*Event day:
Jeannie and Adrian (our DJ) both showed up early to the venue to set up and make sure everything would go smoothly.
MC- Jeannie was top notch, she knew exactly how to get the crowd going and break the ice. None of her jokes were corny and she remembered exactly everything that we asked her to announce. Our crowd loved her!!! Our friends thought she was a friend of ours because she blended in with the crowd (which is a GREAT thing) and never made herself the center of attention. When our parents realized she was Wasabi from 1430 their minds were blown, lol!
DJ- We didn't meet Adrian the day of but he had all the music we requested ready and everything played at times we asked. Everything went good but once the dance floor opened... it was even BETTER. Adrian kept the dance floor open for over an hour and played music that everyone was able to dance to without the songs being inappropriate. After Jeannie left, he even substitute as the MC and made a couple announcements for us.

If you are looking for affordable and professional entertainment for your reception, I will

Profile Picture Yin, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Allegro Events is experienced and provide very professional wedding services. They are honest and only recommend us the services they think we need and tell us what we do not need. They worked closely with us to stay within our budget, whether it was choosing wedding planning services, invitations, photographer, dj, lighting, down to the party favors, they always work around your budget. Jeannie has many industry friends and had great recommendations with prices that cannot be beat. She was very involved with the entire process and would meet with us as often as we want to ensure we were always on the same page. Jeannie was also our officiant for our ceremony in Malibu, CA on 6/12/14. She did a wonderful bilingual job and our Cantonese guests were wowed because she is a star from the AM1430 radio shows. Everyone else was really impressed with the bilingual service. Joanne was our day of coordinator and she was awesome. Throughout our planning she would always meet me for face to face updates and also attend meetings with vendors and go with me to dress alterations. On the day of, she was right by my side the entire day and it was the longest day ever. I was so happy everything was taken care of because there was not enough time for a bride to run around and make sure everything was in place. It was a great burden off our shoulders to have a team of reliable event coordinators put our needs first. Jeannie was unavailable to be our MC for the reception at the San Gabriel Hilton due to a previous appointment, but her good friend Howard Lee was our MC and was amazing. He was hilarious both Cantonese and English. Also, he is another star from AM1430 radio and the guests loved him. Our guests told us our wedding looked so amazing and was so much fun. We are so thankful for Jeannie and Joanne's help to make our special day so memorable. Overall, if you are looking for wedding planning services, Allegro will have your back.

Profile Picture Anna, 7/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

It was about a month and a half before my wedding and I still didn't have a DJ or MC. I wanted someone that can speak fluent English/Cantonese/Mandarin. I contacted Allegro Events. Unfortunately Jeannie wasn't available the weekend of my wedding but she recommended me a good friend of hers Howard Lee. She was really helpful on the phone and assured me that Howard would be a great MC and also he speaks all three of the languages I asked for. Turns out he is also a very popular Radio Host at a Chinese Station that my older sister LOVES to listen to. Howard was great, he entertained my guests. She also recommended Jonsen as the DJ. He was great. He had everything that was needed for the slideshow. He played all the right music. I have no complaints. Jeannie even stopped by during the end of the night to follow up on the event to see if everything went well. They're awesome.

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I were in need of a Chinese speaking emcee for our wedding this summer and was referred to Wasabi AKA Jeannie by a friend. After meeting with multiple emcee's we couldn't pass her charm up and attitude. When we had our face to face meeting she conducted business in a very professional manner. She is willing to work with you on your wedding schedule and ultimately has you decide on what you want on your wedding day. Wasabi was on time and ready to work on the day of. She was very responsive on all calls,texts and has a bubbly personality. Her Mandarin and English was perfect and I know she can speak multiple languages if you are looking for more. Everything worked out exactly as planned and we couldn't ask for a more perfect wedding!!! If you are looking for a MC, do yourself a favor and hire WASABI!! You will not regret this decision!!! Thanks Wasabi!!

Profile Picture Jason, 6/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Howard is extremely funny and professional. He was on top of everything and was quick to respond to everything that went on during the reception. Everyone couldn't stop raving about him.

Profile Picture User3286052, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was looking for a fluent Cantonese/English speaking MC for my dinner reception in the San Gabriel Valley area. I would have gone with a westernize MC but both my wife and I were trying to accommodate our parents' wishes and traditional values. We finally came across Allegro Event Inc and luckily they were available for our wedding date. We setup a face-to-face meeting to make sure that Allegro was exactly was we were looking for. After my (husband) first meeting with Jeannie, I was impress with her work ethic and operation. Jeannie was very detail in her work and laid out me an initial timeline of the dinner reception. Given the amount of things we covered from this first meeting, I immediately ask her for to send the contract so we can book her to MC our dinner reception. Jeannie accommodated our needs without any questions asked and provided suggestion to make it a fun and memorable dinner reception event. She's very responsive to email and text messages and provide me an update to any changes to her schedule. About a month before our wedding, Jeannie informed me that see was required to travel overseas for permanent job and can't MC our wedding. We were disappointed but she assured us that her replacement Howard (also with Allergo) will do an excellent MC job for our wedding since Howard was her wedding MC. Howard did a wonderful MC job at our wedding and make it a memorable night and kept the crowd entertained. A few of my parent's guest recognize Howard's voice since the is the radio talk host for AM 1430. Overall if anyone is looking for a Cantonese/English MC, Allergo Event Inc is the crew you need. Thanks again Jeannie and Howard.

Profile Picture Long, 4/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Entertainer

Howard runs my western ceremony for us on Mar 23, 2013. He hosted it exactly the same way we want, romantic, chessy, funny and unforgettable. He leaded us to bring out our emotion and make our own version of vows. Thank you for your good work.

Profile Picture june, 3/23/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Howard and Jennie are AWESOME~!!!!! Me and my wife got marry on 9/22 of last year. They are very professional and very easy to work with~!!!! To me, the wedding atmosphere is very important, and Howard did a really fantastic job~!!! Love the way they do things, they really care about the wedding and in every details, not only they will consult with you on how you want things done, but they will also give you input and things that might happen and things to avoid etc..... I would highly recommend Howard and Jennie~!!!

Profile Picture Dominic , 9/22/12, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeannie was our MC for our traditional Chinese-style reception that included over 300 guests. She presided in both English and Mandarin. My then-fiance and I envisioned a fun reception that would keep all our guests entertained, but we had no ideas on how to set the timeline or what types of activities we should have. Jeannie created a timeline for us and suggested the activities that we ultimately used. She's very familiar with Chinese weddings and worked with our Wedding Coordinator to ensure things ran smoothly. We met in person a few times before the event to iron out the details and from there, everything was set in motion. We didn't really have to do much other than give her the names of guests and songs we wanted to include in the activities/games. Having her take the reins took away the stress I could have experienced for this aspect of the reception. She kept everyone entertained and the evening flowing. The night was a total success due in large part to Jeannie and her charismatic personality.

Profile Picture User2464319, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Great services, awesome games kept the wedding lively and moving. Would def. use them for any type of future events.

Profile Picture Moses, 3/3/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Excellent services. Got the party going and made the wedding a huge success!

Profile Picture Karen, 2/25/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This review is for Jeannie Wong (aka Wasabi). She was an amazing emcee for my wedding. Not only was she able to work the crowd with enthusiasm and charisma, but she was also trilingual. My parents and their friends speak mandarin while my husband's family and friends spoke cantonese and finally my friends all spoke english. It wasn't difficult to imagine the reason for my anxiety. How was I supposed to satisfy so many different language requirements? The solution: Jeannie! She was PERFECT! She spoke a good mix of chinese and english so that everyone felt involved and had fun. She repeated important parts of speeches in all languages without making the atmosphere awkward. I was amazed by what a great job she did speaking and making everyone comfortable. She was able to work with my DJ whom she had only met briefly during a lunch meeting I had organized. The integration was flawless and she was able to bring about effects I had never realized I wanted until they were presented to me. In short, she made my wedding awesome. I later received comments complimenting on finding a great emcee and "this is one wedding I didn't want to blow my brains out". I assure all brides out there that a charismatic emcee/dj are a must at all wedding receptions. The last thing you want is dead silence or awkward joke telling. Jeannie's rates are extremely reasonable given her talent and capabilities. She has also got many connections to other vendors and can often make great recommendations if you just ask for them. Last I know, she was booked for the majority of this year and probably the beginning of next year as well. If you're still on the market for an amazing emcee, I suggest you write down her number and contact her immediately to reserve your date. She is quite popular and there's good reason for it! :)

Profile Picture Tina, 1/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you for hosting my wedding, it's was so much fun that I still have this big smie on me every time when I think about it. Thank you again.

Profile Picture Jimmy, 11/12/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We searched for months trying to find a Master of Ceremony for our wedding reception, until we met Wasabi. She was amazing. As a professional photographer I've worked with a lot of DJ's and MC's; Wasabi, hands down is the best in the business. She had our guest either laughing or dancing; she directed the flow of the entire evening and kept everything on schedule. I cannot say enough good things about Wasabi. My wife and I both love her and highly recommend her for your wedding.

Profile Picture Michael, 10/1/11, 1 Review