All-Inclusive DJ & Photography by El Folio Entertainment Reviews

123 | Montpelier, VT

123 Reviews for All-Inclusive DJ & Photography by El Folio Entertainment

Evan Foley is absolutely amazing! He was our wedding dj this past July 6. We had a wedding of about 200 people and I was nervous that it would be tough to please people with varying ages in terms of the music played. Evan was totally awesome - not only did he play the best music and kept the dance floor alive all night, but he also was an excellent host. He was so professional, extremely friendly and approachable to all guests. He announced our wedding party, the speeches, the dances and reminded guests throughout about our guest book (which was a huge canvass print of one of our engagement photos). My husband mentioned several times how great of a job he did and what an excellent host - he has the perfect radio host voice if you know what I mean. Not only is he low price - but he will travel to the location at no extra cost. I have absolutely no idea why he is so much less than most djs (my guess is he is able to keep his price low because he is always booked and busy). Either way it is totally a steal for the service he provided.

He kept the dance floor alive from 6-12! Long time to keep things going and he also played a little bit of everything and the classics. If you want - you can make a playlist yourself and send it to him and he will play that (which is a nice option too). All and all I couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job.

I would 100% book him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/29/2013

A lot of folks were skeptical that our DJ would be "good" since he was very affordable but Evan did an amazing job and we couldn't have been happier. He also saved the day by helping us make the decision last minute to move the ceremony inside and good thing because a torrential downpour with thunder and lightening started at the same time as I walked down the aisle. Music has been an important part of my husband's life as well as our relationship so it was crucial that the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception capture the vibes we were going for. We were "that couple" who gave Evan several CDs and a script to follow, but Evan understood our groove and provided a great selection that my family is talking about how much fun they had dancing!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Debbie · Married on 05/18/2013

I live in Ga and my wedding was near my home town in VT. So finding a dj is not an easy task. I found El Folio entertainment on line. It is a scary proposition to hire a dj without recommendation and not knowing his work. I have to say Evan was well worth the risk! We had a few questions and contact him on line. He was quick to respond and gave great advice.

I made several last minute request of Evan on the day of the wedding. One of the requests involved playing a snippet of the little Mermaid's go on and kiss the girl. I wanted JUST the phrase "Go on and kiss the girl" played for THE KISS. He was able to make it happen.

After the wedding I have had several people tell me what a great party it was. I would love to take all the credit but i have that it is all up to the dj. The dj makes or breaks the party and in this case he was great. There was never a moment when the floor was empty. The light show was good.

I highly recommend Evan for any party. He gets the party started and keeps it going!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Ellen · Married on 03/11/2013

Working with Evan from El Folio was great - I loved the online planner that let me organize my music for the ceremony & reception at my pace and didn't leave out any details. Evan was quick to respond to questions and I was confident that the music was going to be great. He was very professional which was extremely appreciated! Value was great. I had pretty specific requests for the ceremony music and he worked with our wedding coordinator and officiant - turned out perfectly.

Sent on 03/29/2013

Heather · Married on 02/16/2013

Both Evan and Diana arrived early. They were amazing!!
    As far as Diana goes, we did not even notice she was there, but the photos were amazing. Evan kept the party going the entire time, and unfortunately I did not really have time to set up a playlist but he did an excellent job of judging the crowd and knowing what to play to keep it fun and upbeat. We recieved our first CD within a week and a half and the slideshow within 3 weeks. I would highly reccomend the pair to anyone.

BTW, our outdoor pics of the snowcovered mountain with the color drops were amazing, I am so glad I decided to pay the tiny extra fee for them.

Heather and Christopher
    Jay Peak Vermont (February)

Sent on 04/02/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/22/2012

Great DJ, he played all of our favorite songs. We would highly recommend Evan.

Christine · Married on 09/15/2012

My husband and I were very pleased with the service we were provided. The photography was great, the music kept everyone dancing, and everything was very well spaced out from the first dance to the very last. We couldn't have made a better selection than El Folio Entertainment.

Sent on 12/04/2012

Evan and Diana were amazing for both DJ and photography. Our pictures turned out awesome and Evan had everyone dancing all night. And one of the best parts of all was their amazing price! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Brooke · Married on 06/09/2012

Evan was absolutely amazing. He was there every step of the way including our ceremony and for most of the pictures. He did a fabulous job at feeling our group friends and picking the best songs for the occasion. There was never a dull moment! He had all of the songs ready for the guests who requested songs. No matter how old or how new the song was, he had it.

Diana captured ALL of the special moments. She never missed a beat. I loved the fact that I went home thinking "Gees, I never really saw Diana that much.", but when I looked at our pictures, that were posted just three days after our event, everything was there. She never got in our way or interfered with the moment.

After the wedding, one of our friends wanted a group shot of all of us on her camera. I did not think that Diana was able to get the shot, since the wedding was over and it happened so quickly. When I looked through our pictures, it was there! SO glad she was able to capture it, even after the night was over.

I feel so lucky to have found these two, and to feel confident that my guests went home happy and fulfilled.

Thank you so much Evan and Diana, you guys were sensational!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Kristina · Married on 12/30/2011

AMAZING PHOTOS! EXCELLENT DJ! Diana arrived at the Church early and popped in to take my getting ready pictures at the perfect time. In fact, she even sat and gave us a preview of the photos at the end of the reception. When we got home from our honeymoon less than a week after the wedding, the photo cds were already in our mailbox! That was faster than the marriage certificate! Diana's husband Evan was our DJ and they both spent a good amount of time with us taking portrait shots at the reception without being intrusive at all - plus they thought of great shots that we never thought of and are very happy to have now. They had the timing down great! Diana's pictures are phenomenal! She even got amazing shots of our 9-month old niece who was wiggling around the whole night! Diana literally captured every single highlight from the entire wedding - ceremony, reception and in-between! We are very happy that we chose El Folio as our photographer and DJ!!! As far as the music, we were also so thrilled and extremely comfortable. My husband and I don't normally dance, but we danced all night. Evan even made sure to time out songs that we dedicated to specific people. He had a great variety of music and kept everyone happy the whole night!

Sent on 01/22/2012

Corinne · Married on 11/20/2011

DJ Evan provided music for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We are so happy that we chose El Folio entertainment because everything was absolutely perfect!!! We got so many comments about him being the best DJ ever from our guests! One of them even asked for his business card in hopes of booking them for their special day! All of our guests had a wonderful time and our dance floor was the fullest I've ever seen at a wedding!!! Thanks again Evan!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Stephanie · Married on 11/12/2011

Evan and Diana were amazing people to work with. They really accommodated all my requests and then some. They made great suggestions for photo opts, and song choices. Diana was so easy going and had a keen eye for photos, and Evan had everybody on the dance floor the entire night. So many of our guests were so impressed with both Evan and Diana. I highly suggest Evan and Diana for whatever occasion you have.

Stephanie and Travis 11/12/11

Sent on 11/15/2011

Kate · Married on 08/19/2011

When we started planning our wedding on a very tight budget, I was concerned that we would have a hard time finding a DJ or a photographer to fit the bill. We came across Evan and Diana via the web and were so glad we did! Of the many DJs and photographers we contacted, they were the first to reply. That great service started with that first reply email and continued on through the whole experience. On wedding day, Evan kept everybody dancing all night! It's pretty impressive when a DJ is able to keep everyone dancing... From the youngest guest to the oldest! Diana was incredible as well. My mom kept referring to Diana as the stealth photographer because you rarely saw her once our formal pictures were done. Despite that we ended up with hundreds of great pictures, and she was able to capture some really special moments for us. Now, two years later, we still get compliments from guests on how much fun the wedding was. We owe so much of that to Evan and Diana. I recommend them to anyone I know getting married in VT and NH.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Paige · Married on 07/30/2011

Evan was able to keep the dancing going the entire night by reading the crowd. We got so many compliments after the wedding about how wonderful the music was and how impressed everyone was by his skill as well as professionalism. I also really appreciated him collaborating with our photographer and the wedding coordinator so we could get some of the larger group pictures. He was very helpful in making sure the entire night went on without any issues, which was more than we could have asked for. I would recommend El Folio Entertainment to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or any other event.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Danielle · Married on 07/03/2011

Pictures and video were great. Some awkward moments in the videos when the photographer was blocking the view, but not a big deal. I wished she had suggested more poses. I feel like I had to ask for those. DJ was great. They played all the music we asked for. Overall 5 stars out of 5.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Kristen · Married on 06/24/2011

Kept our guests dancing, good wedding choice

Sent on 04/04/2012

Anya · Married on 06/19/2011

I used Evan and Diana for my dj and photography and I am so happy with both. Diana did a great job getting photos of everyone while also getting plenty of me and my husband.

Evan was awesome and my guests loved the music. Also, when my terrible wedding planner was over two hours late, Evan was there helping set up. I am so grateful for that.

Just in general, they are such an adorable couple. So adorable in fact that my 13 year old niece (not knowing they were married) told me that she thought the dj and the photographer should date!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Alida · Married on 06/18/2011

Evan & Diana were amazing from Day One! Their online form is thorough and so helpful. We had requested a lot of Spanish music, even some fairly obscure songs, and Evan got the exact versions of every song we wanted!
    Our wedding was delayed almost an hour because of rain and Evan & Diana were 100% accommodating to the changes and the music kept the dance floor crowded all night! We got our photos in less than two weeks and they were so much better than we could have imagined. We recommend them highly-- you would be so lucky to get them!

Sent on 07/01/2011

After much fruitless searching around the NY Capital Region we had decided to go with Evan and Diana. They arrived from out of town far in advance and well prepared. We started the day with very nice photos of the ceremony, family, and friends. We even did quite a few candids and poses that we would have never thought of (very fun). As Diana continued shooting throughout the night, Evan provided the entertainment. Evan was fun and friendly while still being very professional. He expertly juggled the music list, sticking to our favorites and style while not giving in to too much of the silly request songs. He knew how to keep everyone dancing and he knew when was the right time to be assertive and move the party along. Very flexible to your needs. Would go with El Folio again.

Joshua · Married on 05/16/2011

DJ Evan and his wife Diana were absolutely great to have at our wedding. Evan was always more than willing to help me out over the phone or meeting in person to discuss any questions I had. For the day of the wedding, Diana showed up at the hotel exactly when we asked to get some really nice pictures of the girls getting ready, and she traveled to the church early to capture some great moments of the guys. Her presence during the ceremony and reception was incredible because she took hundreds of incredible photos without disturbing anyone else's pictures. Her candid shots are simply amazing; they're our favorite. DJ Evan was also an awesome Master of Ceremonies. He was very professional, friendly, and easy to work with, even during the reception when he was very busy. If we are ever in need of a DJ or photographer again, we will definitely call this fantastic couple!

Sent on 06/19/2011

Lindsay · Married on 04/28/2011

Evan was professional, reliable and an extremely good DJ. He read the crowd well and played one good song after another. Requests were handled extremely well and everyone had a good time. My 85 year old grandmother even got up and danced. He played older music that everyone loves (Build me up buttercup etc)and other hits like Bon Jovi, electric slide, Black eyed peas and so much more. He didn't talk very much, which was awesome because that can be quite intrusive an ruin the whole flow. I would HIGHLY recommend Evan's DJ services to any bride.

Sent on 04/30/2011

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2010

Evan was great to work with. He made our day fantastic and fun! I would highly recommend Evan's services.

Sent on 05/04/2011

Martin · Married on 09/17/2010

I'm a wedding photographer and met Evan at an event we were both working. I've seen many DJ's at work and liked Evan's performance and style the best (and that is compared to all the big and small companies in VT, NY and NH). When it came to hiring a DJ for my wedding I only had one name in mind; Evan was the only DJ I wanted to hire and the only one I called, and he didn't disappoint. Evan was on time, professional and flexible with our schedule. My wife and I highly recommend El Foli Entertainment. Our wedding was a huge success, and I believe that Evan’s MCing played a big roll in it.

Sent on 05/08/2011

Robert · Married on 08/28/2010

We had both the Evan and his wife Diana for our event. Not only was the combined pricing wallet saver but they both did an excellent job. Very courteous took plenty of pictures and even with our tiny event they made it shine!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Lisa · Married on 07/31/2010

Evan and Diana did an excellant job at our wedding. Due to some unfortunate circumstances only 25 of my 100 guests ended up being able to make it and I was so stressed out and down about this. But Evan and Diana made it a memorable day and I was so happy with his DJ service and am treasuring our photo album and photos of the day, they are so beautiful! I would recommend them to anyone, they are reasonably priced and provide above and beyond service!

Sent on 01/28/2012