All Around Photography, Video & Sound Reviews

104 | Buffalo, NY

104 Reviews for All Around Photography, Video & Sound

My daughter's wedding was in Aug. 2012. It was a pleasure working with Kim Hart who is now the owner of All Around Photo and Sound. The photographer and videotaper did show up on time and stayed with us throughout the day. The photographer did a very good job getting the large grouop of us organized and focused. And it was on a day that was extremely hot. The videographer worked well with the photographer and got all the necessary videos recorded. I was pleased with the company. Even after the wedding was over, Kim stood by us and continued to help us out. We submitted part of an order at a time that was way past the wedding date. That was our mistake and not the company's I am sure that other businesses would have ignored us. But Kim fulfilled that part of the order even though it was submitted very late by us. She is very helpful and keeps her word. That is something that you don't often experience with companies.

Sent on 10/16/2013

All Around Photography, Video & Sound's reply:

Thank you John. Not only do we appreciate you for having us at your daughter's wedding, but also for your patience during the ownership crossover. It means a lot to me that you understood and embraced all the changes that we have undergone. I can't thank you enough for the reassurance this gives me for taking over the business.

Thank you!!

Melissa · Married on 10/02/2010

I love the photos!!! They turned out amazing. The photographer was about 20 minutes late to my house and then a little late to the sight for after the ceremony, but beyond that, the pictures turned out beautiful! I cannot wait to get my albums back!

Sent on 12/02/2010

All Around Photography, Video & Sound's reply:

Thanks Melissa! We sincerely apologize for any delays on your wedding day, but are so happy to hear that you love your photos!!

Kim was wonderful! She took amazing photographs and was so easy to work with. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/25/2015

We worked with Kim at All Around Sound and Photography to setup both photo and DJ services for our wedding. It was nice to find a place that had both of these services available under one affordable package for us. John, the photographer was absolutely terrific. He remembered everyone's names in the wedding party, was up for any type of photo we wanted to take and took over 1200 beautiful photos of our big day. He was a lot of fun to work with and we finished up our wedding party photos a little ahead of time so we didn't keep our guests waiting too long. Roy was our DJ and he did a great job of keeping people on the dance floor all night. Overall, our experience with All Around was positive and easy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Ryan · Married on 10/15/2011

All Around was excellent. Our Photographer did a great job, especially with the difficult business of wrangling family and friends.

Sent on 11/09/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/11/2015

We utilized them for photography and dj. My pictures turned out great and we received several compliments on our dj turning it out all night!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Brianna · Married on 06/23/2017

Easy to work with. Loved all of our pictures. Extremely reasonable pricing.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/16/2016

They help clear up any questions you have, very helpful. Good pictures, digital album was very nice and had good quality. The video wasn't perfect but I'm not picky. They put in the songs we wanted but you couldn't hear us talk in the video at the ceremony. I had a friend make us another video and he had my husband wear a microphone under his suit during the ceremony. You could hear us well in his. But remember nicer videos may cost you more of your time on your wedding day. They were late 3/4 times I met with them. Overall good price for what you get.

Sent on 01/05/2017

Natalie · Married on 05/17/2014

I really loved my pictures. They captured all the right moments. The prices are very reasonable and they did a wonderful job.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Kristen · Married on 03/23/2013

I was happy with my photography. My only issue was some confusion before the wedding when there was a transfer of management an I could not get ahold of anyone. But overall good.

Sent on 11/04/2013

All Around Photography, Video & Sound's reply:

Thanks Kristen! Sorry for the confusion and slow response time, but we are very happy that you loved your photos!

Jennie · Married on 09/16/2017

3.5

We were very happy with the service we received, Kim was excellent to work with as she is so down to earth and real! We had 2 photographers, Alex and Mark - both were very different from each other which was great because they were able to capture our special day from different perspectives which gives us a variety of styles to choose from. We were in love with our videographer, Matt, who we are sure was having JUST as much fun as we were!! We have have no received he video yet which understandably takes much longer to edit. Our DJ was Erich who overall did a great job providing the music and really stayed on time with everything (although my husband and I got slightly behind when taking pictures during cocktail hour!). Erich made sure to play all of our requests, work with a not-so-standard setup in regards to the reception, and gave direction to the guests as needed (i.e. starting the cake cutting, directing people to go to the dance floor which was in a different area than the dinner tables). Overall, we are pleased with the service we received. We are just starting to go through our 2,000 photos to figure out which ones we'd like further edited.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Kelli Grazen · Married on 01/19/2019

Such an amazing day

Kim was very easy to work with and a lot of fun! She made us feel really comfortable. She was such a trooper, taking all our winter shots out in the snow and cold. The pictures turned out incredible.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Emily · Married on 06/10/2017

3.5

Very flexible and accommodating! We had an engagement shoot and 2 photographers for the whole wedding day. We gave them a schedule and they stuck with it. Communication before, during, and after the wedding was great! Photos turned out nice and clean, not over-edited so that they look fake. Only downside was we didn't get to choose our 2nd photographer so we didn't know who we were going to get. Overall a good experience!

Sent on 07/16/2017

April · Married on 10/12/2013

4.2

Our photographer, Darryl, was very professional and great to work with! He was very helpful and flexible in planning with me before the wedding, as far as time of arrival, photo options, and suggestions, and followed-through in meeting our requests.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Randy · Married on 06/18/2011

3.0

We had some trouble with our actual DJ but the company itself was very responsive to our concerns. Just be more picky with what "kind" of DJ you want. Ours was too old school for us, but was very professional and good (for the older folks in the reception).

Sent on 08/09/2011

Kathryn · Married on 06/19/2015

3.6
      3.0

Good

Sent on 07/29/2015

Kaileen · Married on 04/22/2017

1.8
      2.5
      2.5

I would not recommend the videographer. Kim was very organized and in control.However, the picture editing was not ideal. None of the photos are edited. You just received the raw photos.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Kathryn · Married on 09/19/2015

1.8
      1.0

The Photographer was wearing a jean jacket and jeans which was very unprofessional the day of my wedding. About 80% of my photos colors were off. My dress was white and looked yellow and more than half of my photos were blurry ...I DO NOT recommend this company unless you want photos looking like a 8 yr old took them...

Sent on 09/12/2016

All Around Photography, Video & Sound's reply:

Hello future brides - I appreciate you taking the time to read my response. I hope our other reviews have you doubting the validity of this complaint. I would like to offer the option to view her photos on our online gallery site at https://all-aroundphoto.smugmug.com/Weddings/The-Heller-Wedding/ I truly believe her images speak for themselves. We do enforce a dress code as well. Please be sure to look over our other reviews and galleries to see the full extent of our work and positive reviews.

Kathryn -
    Please contact us, and we'd be happy to see if we can find a way to improve your experience. I am confused and disappointed with your opinion of your pictures; others and your husband agreed we did great. We wish you well moving forward.

Keri · Married on 09/17/2016

1.4
      1.5
      1.5
      2.0

Choose someone else. Not impressed. As someone who is knowledgeable about photography, computer graphics, and their position, but not in the business myself, I thought there would be better pictures and photographers. There were 65 days that it took for them to send out the photos (as per envelope post-marked day) on a CD that came in the envelope with a broken case. There were 2 photographers at my wedding and the CD only had 762 pictures on it. None of the photos were edited. There were even 6 or more photos that weren't rotated. No edits on lighting, glare, cropping, and many photos were diagonal! They didn't take pictures of all the grandparents, and none with the bride and groom with the grandparents. There was only one picture of the bouquets, no picture of the dress before I tried it on. They never encouraged the bridesmaids or flower girls to look at them, smile, and all of them look like they have their eyes closed! There is no picture of the entire wedding ceremony from the back of the yard. There were only two pictures from my Pinterest page that I sent them that I wanted. One was missing and the other wasn't properly executed and looks terrible (There is a photoframe that was supposed to be held by the wedding party and frame the bride and groom inside the frame). Worst of all, there is no closeup of the first kiss. My head is completely covered by the grooms hat. As for the reception, they never got a picture of the bride feeding the groom a piece of cake. Never took a picture at each table as to get a picture of all the guests. The majority of the pictures were of the flower girls dancing on the dance floor. For almost paying nearly $1000 for this, I expected better quality overall. I am going to be requesting at least some of my money back!
    Sincerely,
    A pissed off Bride.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/21/2018

1.2

Worse than I could imagine

I understand the terms you get what you paid for, and in this instance we went with a cheaper photographer/videographer, however...cheaper doesn't mean that you take pictures of the air and ground and video of a wall, I can hear nothing but heavy breathing from the photographer during our vows, during the live parts (speeches, cake cutting, garter removal) you hear nothing but static, the video chops in and out. I have 1,300 photos and like maybe 15 of them. The photos I have from my DJ's photo booth came out better. I am so disappointed with this service. I have emailed Kim the manager/owner whatever, without hearing back from her for months at this point I have given up. It is so unfortunate, bc I can never relive this day and that is what they're meant to capture.

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/21/2018

This company is a scam!

Kim is so unprofessional. She did not show up for our wedding and did not even call or apologize. She sent someone else. He was late and she sent the videographer to the wrong place. We got married in July of 2018 and we STILL HAVE NOT received our wedding album, video, or prints. She just ignores our calls and emails. I have read on google about a few other people that she is doing this too. Her company is the cheapest in the Buffalo area because the quality of the pictures and video are terrible. I am devastated that I hired her and that we won’t have wonderful memories from our wedding. PLEASE DO NOT HIRE HER COMPANY FOR YOUR WEDDING! You will regret it.

Sent on 06/13/2019

David Urban · Married on 07/18/2018

1.0

Amateur, terrible product and service

We hired Kim from All Around for our wedding in July 2018. It took her until Christmas to provide our wedding video and upon receipt, the video is of very poor quality for the $1,000+ that we paid for it. Kim will not respond to email and we sent a certified letter to her outlining the issues with the video and requesting a refund on December 26th. Kim has still not signed for this letter as of today, February 21st. The overall service from the business was terrible, Kim showed up unprepared for our wedding, never brought the list of pictures that we wanted taken at the wedding and in fact, never took a picture of us with my wife's parents. Absolutely terrible service and product. As communicated to Kim regarding the video: On the main video page, not only are our names not centered, but the word “Play” is blurred and appears to be two words on top of each other. • The video was taken by someone who clearly does not have a steady hand, an amateur such as myself, could have taken a much steadier video. • The camera appears to be totally out of focus throughout much of the entire video. • Numerous scenes including inside the house and most importantly, during our vows, were videoed with Kim in the picture including videoing her back side as we were taking our vows. • The video of my Best Man and I placing boutonnieres on each other, totally cut off our heads, you can’t even tell that it was us in the video. • The sound quality during the ceremony is absolutely awful and clearly shows that Kim and her team did not use a high quality video camera with a noise filter. Throughout most of the ceremony, you hear rustling and breathing noises from the Videographer. • During the tribute that was done by the Bride's friend during the ceremony, the Videographer did not video the person who was speaking until after several minutes and all we can hear is the Videographer breathing. • At numerous times throughout the video, the video appears to be distorted. • Kim was instructed that during the Bride's dance with her Father and her Best Friend, to use the music in the video that was being played during each dance, instead, she used the music that the bride and I danced to. • The scenes with our friends being asked questions have several issues: First, for many of the responses, there is so much background noise that you can’t hear what our guests are saying. Second and most importantly, the Videographer did not ask the questions that were provided to Kim in her “Wedding Reception Planner”. • The Videographer never recorded my Bride and I being introduced at the start of the reception. • The video ends with my Bride and I standing together…..there is no closing music, no narrative such as “David & Michelle. July 18, 2018”, no ending whatsoever. It simply leaves you hanging.

Best advice I can give........stay away!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Mike H · Married on 10/21/2017

Doesn't care about customers

I really wanted to write a positive review of All Around, as I wrote very positive reviews for our other wedding vendors, but it is important that future brides and grooms know the truth and avoid making the same mistake as I did, which was the biggest mistake of our entire wedding.

1. It took FOURTEEN (14!) months to receive the video.
    2. Wedding was in October 2017. All Around's owner said the video would be done in March 2018, then May 2018, but didn't deliver.
    3. From June 2018 to December 2018, I sent 8 emails and my wife and I called a total of over 12 times. The owner didn't respond to any of those. Being ignored for 7 months caused us great stress and anxiety, as we thought that we would never receive the video. Ignoring customers' emails is also very disrespectful.
    4. We needed to involve an attorney, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and a news station. Fearing them, the owner Finally provided the video, but without any apology. Again, disrespectful.
    5. I had provided specific instructions to provide the full ceremony unedited. The owner ignored those instructions and cut out key parts.
    6. The sound quality of both the ceremony and reception is horrible and erratic. I can't hear the readers in the ceremony at all and can't hear parts of the maid of honor/best man speeches. We have requested and are waiting to receive the raw footage, so that hopefully, we can have another editor fix the issues.
    7. Owner/photographer walked in front of video twice during vows.
    8. Owner was late to every pre-wedding meeting (had to call her while standing outside of her locked office for 15+ minutes) and was late to bridal party getting ready wedding morning.
    9. There have been 5 complaints against All Around to the BBB in 2018 alone. Refer to the BBB website. Also, read Wedding Wire reviews by Greg (married 6/10/2017) and Cassandra (married 8/26/2017) and read the Google review by Lisa DiMartino (December 2018). You will see many others had the same experience as ours. The owner always has excuses, but as bride and groom, do you want a quality product timely or do you want excuses?
    10. Before owner stopped communicating, owner gave excuse that she had twins, which would be valid,
    except she had 3 months from our wedding to the birth to edit our video, so she had plenty of time before their birth but procrastinated.

This is the biggest day of your lives and already has enough stress, so I recommend choosing a vendor who will provide great quality products in a timely manner, respond to emails and calls promptly, and not cause additional stress.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Megan · Married on 10/14/2017

Awful videography, Small Claims Court, No Payment

Does not even deserve 1 star. Audio you can't hear unless its turned up all the way. Shots of the ceiling, can hear the clicking of trying to zoom in and out on a shot, blurry then comes into focus, cut off names of my wedding party being announced, filmed in "night vison" while people are dancing(my guest have glowing eyes). Transitions horrible, shots of the grass and the videographers boots walking (that was the 2nd editing btw). The camera used to film was nothing high tech but a cheap model you have laying around your house somewhere. You could buy for less than $100.00 at Wal-Mart. Does not return phone calls or emails. Had to fake a new customer apt to get a hold of Kim when after 7months of waiting for my video. Had to take her to small claims court to get my "re-edited" version which was just as bad as the 1st. Was awarded money back by the judge cause she even agreed it was garbage after watching them both. Kim refuses to pay me. Even told me she was going to pay me and to come to her office via text message knowing full well she moved her office. So she sent me on a wild goose chase with no intentions of paying me. Save yourself the hassle and stay away at all costs. I will never get that day back or the money spent on this. It's been almost a year and a half of pure nonsense. I have never dealt with someone so unprofessional in my life. Most business want to make it right and make their clients happy (within reason). That is not what you will find here. She will tell you she was sick at the time of my wedding and hired others to do it for her. But does not understand she is still responsible for the work coming out of her business. Even BBB states the business has a D rating. You can do your homework and look for yourself. I was hopefully she would honor her judgment and pay me. So out of courtesy I had not left a review hoping it would be an even trade. But that is no longer the case. Now I can not speak for there photos cause thank God I had someone else do them I can only speak for there videos they produce. If anyone would like to see the type of product they produce please let me know I will gladly show you.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/29/2016

0.8
      0.5

On a recommendation, we chose all around for our wedding pictures. What sold us was the fact that there was no time limit on how long we’d have our photographer for the day especially since we planned on taking a majority of our pictures at other locations around buffalo before our actual ceremony, for options. Kim was extremely helpful coming up with venues to take pictures, and all our meetings leading up to our wedding day seemed to go well. But since getting our pictures back, that I have probably looked over 1,000 times now, my husband & I are extremely disappointed in them. After planning our wedding for a year and half, our pictures were something I thought I'd have forever but I honestly only have a handful that are good enough to even keep/display. The DAY OF our wedding, Kim came onto my limo and informed me that she had eye surgery the day before, something she said wasn’t planned. Whether it was or not I don’t know, but her knowing she had our wedding booked, we should have been informed before the actual day of our wedding and given the chance to explore our options, not be thrown the information ON OUR WEDDING DAY and have no other choice but to move forward as nothing was wrong. A majority of our pictures are blurry, have major shadows, and the lighting is horrible. Any decent pictures we do have, I’ve had to edit myself. For someone who has been doing this for years, she didn’t leave us with many options either. All our pictures are the same poses and same angles at every location we went too, no diversity or creativity at all. To us, she seemed more click happy (she took over 1,000 pictures) than giving us quality pictures. And take this into consideration if you thinking about hiring them…..the one picture I do have framed in my house, my FAVORITE picture from our wedding day, was taken by one of my bridesmaids not my photographer.

Sent on 03/21/2017