ALIVE Photo Studio Reviews

46 | Cancun, MX

46 Reviews for ALIVE Photo Studio

Victoria · Married on 08/09/2015

Perfect fit.

I booked them for my entire wedding along with my cenote shoot. The office and in field are great. Pictures were breath taking. Very talented team here. As a travel agent myself, I have very high standards and they met and exceeded them.

Sent on 03/17/2016

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Vic! We're so glad that you loved your pics and meet your expectations! Our customer's satisfaction is our first priority! Our best wishes for you and Ivan =)

Ramona · Married on 07/16/2015

I live in California and used the internet to find the perfect photographer for our honeymoon/family photo shoot. I was in contact with all the top photographers in the area. I was very close to making a decision but was having trouble getting a family shoot near ruins and a separate Trash the Dress shoot for my fiancé and I. At the last minute I stumbled upon Alive photography. I ended up speaking with Marion who was so compassionate and professional. She knew exactly what I was looking for and her attention to my very specific needs is what sold me. Her brother Nester is the photographer and she was able to convey our requests. They ended up doing a morning Trash the Dress shoot in the Cenotes and agreed to another shoot with the family that same evening. Ironically, I end up getting really sick literally during my Trash the Dress shoot. Nester and his assist were so sweet and helpful. They made me feel comfortable in a very embarrassing situation. But we continued on and got the photos that were intended. He offered to try and do the family shoot the next day or two after I was feeling better. The family was really sick and we ran out of time. I was SO disappointed that we weren't going to get those last pictures. Nester knew this and found a friend photographer in the ninth hour right before we were leaving to go home. We ended up getting amazing family pictures and it truly made my trip. This would have been a make it or break it for me and my vacation. It was bad enough that we got sick but to leave without the pictures would have been devastating. I would HIGHLY recommend Alive Photo Studio. The pictures came out beautiful, the service was exception and flexibility of this photographer was so appreciated by our family. Thank you again Nester and Marion. We hope to visit you again.

Sent on 08/19/2015

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thanks a lot Ramona for your kind words and this beatiful review!. We are really glad that we fullfilled all your expectations and accomplished your main goal which was doing your family photos and ttd. It was a real pleasure working with you and your family and we hope to see you again! :)

Rick · Married on 05/22/2015

Nestor was amazing. Our wedding coordinator at the Royal Hideaway in Playacar found Nestor for us, and he was better than we ever expected. He is passionate about his work and knows how to take memorable pictures. He's also very tech savvy and delivered everything and more as promised. The slideshow is absolutely amazing and highly recommend.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Kerry · Married on 05/19/2015

Where do I begin.....choosing ALIVE to capture our wedding was the best decision I ever made, next to saying "yes" to my husband :) Trying to plan a destination wedding can be a little scary with all of the unknowns, but Marian was amazing during the planning stages and put our minds at ease right away. She is a total sweetheart and responds to questions immediately, making your happiness her first priority. As for Nestor, I'm not even sure I can do him justice. He is an artist and catches moments, lighting and emotions that you didn't even know were happening until you see them in these gorgeous photos. Out of all the things that go into planning a wedding, the photos were the most important to us because you have those memories forever and there's no second chance to get it right. We are so happy that we put our trust in Nestor because our photos are more incredible than we could have ever imagined. I've been sharing my photo book with everyone this past week and the comments are consistent "Is that the real setting?!", "I've never seen wedding photos like this before...they are like art!" and "You had an awesome photographer!" Besides the final product being amazing, Nestor is just a genuinely quality guy who loves what he does and it shows. Everyone at our wedding said "I love your photographer!" He is so sweet and just makes you feel completely comfortable. Thank you ALIVE for giving us our dream wedding pictures!!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Dear Kerry and Brad:
    From A to Z your review absolutely moved our heart. Thank you vey much for such amazing words and support with our services. I can't describe how amazing was the time with you. You guys are great and I wish I can back the time just to be on your wedding again! THANKS A LOT!

Denise · Married on 03/30/2015

I used alive photo studio for my wedding in grand sirenis on 30.03.2015 . I am from the UK and each time I contacted Alive Photo Studio I found them to reply straight away and answered any questions I had clearly . I paid via PayPal and was given a contract from them , this was very re-assuring after paying a deposit to be given a contract especially when everything was done via email. On the day Nestor arrived at the hotel promptly , we found him professional. friendly and he really knew his job. We got pictures we never even thought about , he took some amazing shots . The following day we used him for trash the dress again all the photos were amazing. The slide show we purchased is perfect , the photos on this are fantastic , they tell our wedding day story along with great music picked by Nestor . I can 100% recommend this vendor , people in the UK have seen the photos and have commented they are the best they have ever seen and I have past the vendor details on to them . Nestor is professional, honest , friendly and a very talented photographer I would recommend him to be your photographer on your special day.

Sent on 05/05/2015

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thanks a lot Denise for a great experience being the "story-teller" of your wedding! I wish you and Roney long life together! CHEERS!

Tracy · Married on 01/16/2015

Amazing pictures ! Edits were fantastic ! And fast services !

Sent on 01/30/2015

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Tracy, thank you very much for your comments! We had a wonderful time at your wedding day! Cheers!
  • O

Olga · Married on 11/25/2014

Nester is such a gem! You will not regret it if you decide to do a photo session with him! I organized a beach wedding for my sister and was very worried that we were not going to get the best photos since it was a rainy day (rare in Mexico) and I felt like we were starting the ceremony a bit late (limited light). The photos came out amazing. Nestor's ability to work/play with light (he brings a set of professional lights to the photo shoot) is incredible. And all the photos were very original, authentic and really true to the company name - really ALIVE!! Nestor captured the story, all the emotions, all sentiments, feelings on the photos. When I look at the slide show - it's like I am re-living the wedding day again! The photos are of magazine quality and everyone I show them to say they look unbelievable! I live in New York and my friends are a bit spoilt ;))), but everyone says that these are the best photos they have seen.
    And after the session Nestor was very flexible and changed the photos and music in the slide show. Thank you Nestor for the great experience and making my sister's wedding so special!

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

OMG! thanks so much for this beautiful words! I truly gave all my heart on capturing your sister's wedding! I think every single moment was just amazing. Anna and Marat are a great couple and I had a great time with them an all of you! THANK YOU,THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
  • I

Ivan · Married on 11/15/2014

My pictures are worth 100,000 dollars ... Check them in the webpage I'm Ivan and Italia

Sent on 02/27/2015

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thanks a lot! I had a great time capturing your charming wedding! and the Trash the Dress turned out awesome! Long life together!

Mr. · Married on 06/07/2014

Many things worried us when we decided to have a destination wedding in Playa del Carmen, but the easiest (and best) decision was scheduling our photography services with Alive Photo Studio (APS). Photography was especially important to us because we knew it would serve as the record of our special day for the years ahead of us.

They did an excellent job keeping in touch with us months before our wedding and were always available to answer our phone calls when we needed questions answered. In retrospect, we probably asked too many questions, as any couple would, but it didn't matter because APS was always available to help us.

These guys exemplify how a professional photography company should operate. They understand the essentials of wedding photography, which is sad to say many photographer’s do not, and effortlessly take the perfect shot at the right time. Therefore, we spent very little time explaining what we wanted during our pre-wedding interview. They understood us very well, which made us feel very secure the day of our wedding.

The day of our wedding they showed up on time and performed exactly as we expected, they worked like ninjas as they maneuvered across the beach and garden taking our photos – absolutely seamless. No one, I mean no one, worked harder that hot summer day in June than the photographers. The best part is that they worked efficiently with our tight schedule and had us at our reception on time.

Their expertise in detail, lighting and positions was evident in the 300+ pictures we received from APS. We were very happy with the results! The pictures came out so perfect they make us cry each time we look at our wedding album. We received endless compliments from our friends and family regarding the quality of the photos. They offered several photo finish options without having to ask.

Thank you, Alive Photo Studio, you made us look like royalty on the beach. We will forever be thankful for dedication to your craft.

Sent on 05/21/2015

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thank you , thank you, thank you!
    This is for sure one of the most beautiful and emotive reviews we have ever received! Of course coming from a very special couple. Is always a pleasure to work with amazing people like you guys! Long live Together!

lucy · Married on 05/29/2014

Where do we start?! Nestor did the most amazing trash the dress shoot for us after our wedding. We were restricted in that we had to use our hotel photographer for our wedding but loved his work so decided on a shoot at the cenote. We had such a wonderful day! Nestor put us at ease straight away and we had a lot of fun with the shoot. The results were stunning, so beautiful that an English wedding magazine published his work. Nestors work really is unique and it was the perfect way to remember the amazing time we had. Would strongly recommend him to anyone especially those concerned about booking abroad. A very talented photographer and a lovely gentleman with it as well!!

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thanks a lot for trusting our vision for such an important memories! With all pleasure and fun, shooting your TTD was one of the most significant events on 2014. Thanks a lot!

Sheida · Married on 05/09/2014

Nestor is an amazing photographer. We are super happy with our wedding pictures. Nestor was very responsive before the wedding when we had many questions and we also provided him with sample pictures of what we wanted for our wedding pictures. He met with us when we arrived in Mexico and went through all the details of the wedding. He was great at our wedding by giving us clues as to how to pose. He also captured many natural moments between us and the guests. We highly recommend him.

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Sheida, I just hace to tell you that I LOVED Being at your wedding. It was so fun, elegant, beautiful... Thanks a lot for letting me be part of that amazing day.

kelly · Married on 04/10/2014

We got married on 10/04/14 in the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya. Nestor Meneses was our photographer for our wedding day and also we had a trash the dress photo session with him . He was very professional and made us feel so at ease. Nestor captured every special moment we could only ever have imagined, even down to my husbands tears on our wedding day .The trash the dress photo session was so much fun and so relaxing where Nestor once again made us feel so at ease and took some fantastic pictures . I cannot recommend him enough, all our pictures are beautiful , everyone who has seen them has commented at how beautiful they are and everytime we look at them they bring back so many happy memories for us . Booking from the UK was a big concern for us but Nestor replied to every email quickly. 100 % I would recommend you use him. He is an amazing photographer and you will not be disappointed with any of his work.

Andrew and Kelly Stephens

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Kelly, your wedding day was exactly the kind of weddings I love the most: all full of emotions and joy! It was a real pleasure to be part of this. Thank you very much for everything
  • F

Felicia · Married on 04/06/2014

Amazing work and easy to work with! nothing but good things to say <3

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thank you very much Felicia! I enjoyed a lot capturing your wedding and was one of my favorites on 2014!

Lynn · Married on 11/30/2013

Nestor was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!! 5 stars all the way! He was super friendly, very professional, a joy to work with! He was constantly taking photos and knew exactly what the best shots were. He made the whole experience a lot of fun. He was completely open to suggestions and never said no. Everybody loved him and I couldn't imagine having anyone else be our wedding photographer. He exceeded our every expectation! If we ever need a photographer in the future there will be no hesitation in reaching out to the man who made our perfect day even more perfect! We love you Nestor!!!

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Thank you very much Lynn for such a nice review!! I had a wonderful experience working with you. Wish you all the best!

Nicole · Married on 01/30/2013

My Husband, Matt and I got married on January 30, 2013 at the Barcelo Maya Palace Resort in the Mayan Riviera. Nestor Meneses was our photographer for our wedding day. We believe Nestor was able to capture our love and relationship beautifully within the photos he took. We have received endless compliments on our wedding photos and video he made for us. Nestor made us feel at ease and was able to capture some raw, beautiful and funny moments throughout our wedding day. Our wedding party enjoyed spending time with him as he is fun and outgoing and made the experience enjoyable. He is well organized, isn't afraid to get dirty (kneeling in sand and water :P) in order to capture the best moment and stands by his commitment to take amazing photos with prompt delivery.

To tell you how much we enjoyed Nestor and his talent behind the camera. This past Christmas (December 28, 2014), My Husband and I and our very close friends met up with him again to do a 'Lifestyle' photo session throughout downtown Playa del Carmen. Nestor scoped out everything that we suggested we like to do in the photos and exceeded our expectations.

For these two reasons, we would highly recommend Nestor and Alive Photo Studio to anyone planning a destination wedding in the beautiful Mayan Riviera. We are glad to have met Nestor and have found a great friend in him.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Juliana · Married on 06/23/2012

Excelentes y hermosas fotos! Nos encantaron e hicieron de nuestra fecha especial un día aún más inolvidable. Las fotos que nos hicieron reflejan el amor de nuestro matrimonio y nuestra luna de miel. Estamos súper felices con el trabajo tan divino que hicieron ! Muchísimas gracias. Los recomendamos 100%!

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Gracias Juliana por dejarme ser parte de tu magnífico día! Un abrazo grande desde Riviera Maya

Rebeca · Married on 02/14/2012

I first found the photographer Nestor will on vaca and my husband proposed. We went ahead and did engagement photos while there because we felt so comfortable with him. They turned out fabulous.
    Upon choosing Cancun for the wedding, there was no other choice for capturing my special day then Nestor and his team. He and I stayed in constant communication and went over the details of the wedding . I had no worries the day of the wedding, he was professional and very thorough. His attention to detail was able to capture our perfect day incredibly. We also did the trash the dress in a cenote and got magical photos.
    We just celebrated our anniversary and look back and love our photos.

please feel free to look me up on facebook , i'd love to connect with you and share my photos and help in anyway get you ready for your special day.

Find me by my email Rebeca_steele@yahoo.com or name Rebeca Steele

Thanks and just remember choose Nestor and his team and you will be amazed at their work :)

Sent on 02/28/2015

ALIVE Photo Studio's reply:

Rebeca, once again I THANK YOU with all my heart!. You have always been extra-supportive and thanks to your constant comments and reviews you have helped me and my dream grow in so many ways. You and Jim are very special friends to me and I wish you guys a long life together full of joy and happiness. CHEERS!

Last summer for our anniversary, I wanted to have some family pictures taken on the beach. Nestor did a wonderful job at capturing my kids personalities, as well as some beautiful romantic photos of my husband and I. I loved how he directed the shoot without being pushy. He had a great energy all around that made the pictures flow very naturally and it really shows on the results. I don't mean to brag, but the pictures are seriously magazine worthy! I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Sent on 02/26/2015

Deanna · Married on 04/30/2017

Alive Photo Studio captured my wedding day like nobody else would! Amazing, gorgeous, professional and very natural images. Nestor and his assistant were very professional. I didn't even notice them while they were photographing every moment.

My experience with Alive began with Marian. She is handling the agreements. Customer service is great, quick response and available to speak to you over the phone at any time.

When we arrived to Cancun we asked if Nestor can meet us to discuss the details the day prior to our wedding and he did. He is very positive and energetic... He knows how to get you in that "SUPERSTAR" mood!!! I am very pleased with their work and customer service.

I received my pictures in 4 weeks as promised. Additionally Nestor made a slide show with our songs for us.
    This company is great at following up and making sure you are happy with their services. I would recommend them to everyone.
    Thank you Nestor and Marian! You guys are the best!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Tusche · Married on 05/02/2015

We booked ALIVE for our wedding in Playa del Carmen and it was definitely the best decision. We have have really incredible pictures and everyone who has seen our photobook or our CD is just amazed by the beautiful moments Nestor was able to capture with his cam! The pictures are simply perfect...the light, the positions, the zoom but as I said before, the right moment!
    I fully recommend ALIVE and encourage everyone to book them if you are having a precious event, like a wedding. Thanks ALIVE for your incredible work!

Sent on 09/24/2015

S · Married on 04/09/2014

Wedding photos were everything we had hope for and more! Would definitely recommend Nestor.

Sent on 03/17/2015