Alison Harper & Company Reviews

Alison Harper & Company 5
Alison Harper & Company 6
Alison Harper & Company 7

Secret · Getting married on 06/30/2022

Everyone on the team was responsive, helpful, accommodating and very professional. I did a trial and loved my hair and makeup team! The best part was that they were able to accommodate a second hair trial closer to the wedding and adjust my hair, matching it perfectly to my inspiration photos. I wanted a boho, romantic, loose wave look and Caitlin delivered! They showed up early on the day of the wedding, timed everything perfectly while still letting us relax, and best of all, they let me use my own makeup because of my very sensitive skin and I ended up with very natural makeup that I loved!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Oh what a sweet testimonial! Thank you for taking your time to leave our future brides to be feedback on our process. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with our girls. Caitlin had so many lovely things to say about you and your ladies! Thank you for trusting us!! xA

Sonia Owusuaa · Married on 10/20/2018

Nana Tiwaa is best!!!!

As a part of my made of honor duties I was in charge of handling the bridesmaids hair and bringing the vision of the bride to life! Nana Tiwaa did just that and MORE!! She was very professional from our initial contact to the day of the wedding! She even arrived before the time scheduled and made our hair absolutely beautiful (just like how the bride wanted it). I recommend her to everyone wanting one less thing to stress about and getting exactly what you want!!!

Katherine · Married on 10/20/2018

Kara is the best!

We had Kara do updos for me, my mom and mother-in-law and and my bridesmaids and she did an incredible job. I did a trial package, and each time Kara did exactly what I was looking for. On the day of, my hair was absolutely perfect and my bridesmaids all looked amazing. Kara was able to do exactly what they wanted having just looked at a few pictures. Not only is she talented, she was also a joy to have with us, arrived right on time, and stayed on schedule. Would highly recommend!!

Ellen · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Hair and Makeup!!

I booked Alison Harper & Co. based on reviews alone. I didn't have my hair and makeup trial for a couple months after booking.

I am SO glad I went with their team. Anita did makeup for myself and bridesmaids. Caitlin did hair. Everyone felt so beautiful the day of my wedding! They even finished a little bit ahead of schedule (always nice). Caitlin put together the updo of my dreams. I think I showed her about 5 different braided/low bun styles and she basically combined them all into 1 look. Anita has perfected making you look like an enhanced version of yourself.

So happy with how everything turned out on our big day and 100% recommend this team to any brides!

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly recommend!

Lorena and Kara were the ultimate professionals. They were so sweet and easy to work with. We had a wide range of styles and ages, and they accommodated everyone perfectly. They also were incredibly punctual and provided everything they needed on site. They also worked with me to create a timeline that worked for all of us. Thanks so much, ladies!

Alison Harper & Company 8

Martha · Married on 09/29/2018

Dottie (Hair) and Jesseca (Makeup) of Alison Harper & Company LLC were amazing! Both are fabulous at what they do, and they really took my feedback about hair and makeup into account. On the wedding day, they were not only prompt and friendly, but also made me and my bridesmaids look amazing! They kept to the timeline and perfectly executed each bridesmaids' vision. When I decided to change my hairstyle from the trial, Dottie didn't bat an eye. Allison and her staff were very communicative throughout, and I really appreciated the running Google document where I could drop inspiration photos and notes for the day of. I highly recommend Alison Harper for DC-area brides!

Julia · Married on 09/29/2018

Loved my look!

Alison Harper & Co is amazing! I had a lot of women getting ready the day of my wedding (11) and Alison Harper sent 4 stylists - two for make up and two for hair. This was ESSENTIAL as we had a reasonable start time and there was never any frantic moments on the day of.
    The women at Alison Harper are professional and they are the best at what they do. They were extremely responsive and helpful - I was kind of a needy bride. ;)
    After your trial, the women at the salon (which is gorgeous) will take pics of your look. Then, you'll get the pics emailed to you in a Google doc so you can make comments about your likes and dislikes days or even weeks later.
    This is essential! After my trial, I decided to change a few things. I am so glad that I got the chance to see my day of look so that I knew what was working and what I wanted done differently.
    The women at Alison Harper & Co are amazing. Book them! They will make your day of look dreams come true!
    One more thing - the women who I invited to get ready with me on the day of were treated with the same amount of professionalism that I was. Their looks were perfect! Everyone was beautiful.
    If you want to work with experts who are flexible and courteous - these are the women to hire.

Tiffany · Married on 09/29/2018

Great experience!

Alison Harper & Co were so easy to work with and very reasonably priced for on-location hair/makeup. Morelia (hair) and Melissa (makeup) did an amazing job for me and my 3 bridesmaids! My hair didn't budge -- I even wore it to brunch the next day -- and my makeup looked natural and made me feel gorgeous. Studio is a little bit of a challenge to get to for a trial, but they have lots of availability.

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Alison and her team are absolutely wonderful! I decided to go with Alison Harper given all the great reviews, competitive prices and their various options between their pro and partner services, which was a great decision. I will openly admit I was a picky bride, especially with my hair, because I truly had no idea what I wanted. I worked with one artist, Sara, and she was fantastic! I ended up doing three very different hair trials and each time Sara was patient, offered input and executed exactly what I requested.

On my wedding day, Sara and Cenithia did the all the hair styles and Lucero did all of the makeup. They are all so talented, plus arrived on time with great attitudes and with all necessary supplies. Everyone looked AMAZING and everyone's hair/makeup lasted all day and night.

In addition to the amazing stylists/artists, Alison and her assistants, Christina and Heather are awesome. I had to make changes related to the number of services, booked several trials, and needed help with planning a schedule for my wedding day due to my type-A personality. Alison and her assistants were extremely responsive, took time to answer my dozens of questions, and were very understanding/patient.

As stated above, all of the people I worked with were incredible. However, in addition to the incredible people, Alison Harper offers a lot of helpful features to make the hair/makeup process easier, such as shared Google Doc, FAQs, easy booking processes, and weekend trial time slots.

Overall, Alison Harper and her team are absolutely fantastic. My bridesmaids, both moms and I felt beautiful on my wedding day and it is largely due to Sara, Lucero and Cenithia plus with the help of Alison and her team during the wedding process. I am so glad I had you all by my side!

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2018

I cannot recommend this studio enough! They are 1) super responsive, 2) super talented, 3) reasonably priced for great results, and 4) just all around great to work with.

I hired them to get 6 ladies and myself ready for my wedding- both hair and makeup. It's really nice that you can hire both hair and makeup from the same place- and it helps since the makeup artists and hairstylists know each other and really work well together.
    Sara (hair) and Lily (makeup) were AWESOME! After a trial run at the studio, they came to my house the day of- in DC- which is great because it was super relaxing and easy for everyone. They showed up exactly on time (well actually a few minutes early, which is exactly what you want on the day of ;)) and had everything they needed to set up and get to work.

All of my bridesmaids, and both sets of moms, were thrilled with the results and the hair and makeup. Everyone had different types of skin/hair and they had no problems making everyone look amazing. They did touchups as needed, were super responsive to any adjustments people wanted (which to be honest, not many were even needed!) .
    Most importantly- all of our styles and makeup stayed put all day- we started getting ready at 8:30 and went till 2pm. The wedding itself was at 5- then we danced like fools all night and everyone still looked awesome (unlike our dance moves;))

I was a little nervous hiring a team a little further outside the DC radius/area and traveling to them for the trial was a bit of a lift (1 hr plus with DC traffic), but they were amazing and SO WORTH IT.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a great experience with Alison Harper & Co! They were very flexible with some last minute changes to my order (numbers and styles) and everyone was extremely pleased with their hair styles and makeup. My hair also held all day in DC's humidity in a hot day in December. I would highly recommend them!

Kat · Married on 09/01/2018

Alison Harper & Co. has a stylist for everyone!

The Alison Harper & Co women were amazing! My bridesmaids & I each had our own personal style and they were able to to do everyone's hair and make up just the way they wanted - from beautiful natural looks to gorgeous braids and updos. I was picky about how much make up I would be wearing and Anita was able to give me the perfect natural look, making it look like I had flawless skin with no noticeable foundation. She is truly an artist. My eye make up was perfection. She was also fun to talk to while sitting in the chair. Christa did my hair and was also just as fun and amazing! I wore my hair down and wanted a natural wave. I got married on the Shenandoah River and wanted to look just as natural as the surroundings and she made it happen! We also worked with Cenithia and Lucero, and the bridesmaids looked unreal. Somehow we each had our own styles, but they all blended together amazingly. I will add that I also did a trial at the Alison Harper & Co. salon. It is a beautiful space and everyone that helped us was so nice. Alison Harper & Co. seems to have a stylist for anyone's taste! I would recommend working with them to anyone that needs their hair and makeup done.

Vanessa · Married on 08/25/2018

The recommendation to use Alison Harper & Co from one of my friends was the best recommendation I've ever gotten. From my initial email reaching out to the trial to the day of, I was made to feel comfortable and confident in my decision to move forward with this group. Alison Harper herself is sweet, her staff is patient and supportive, and her artists are just that, artists. Caitlin (hair) and Jesseca (make up) made me and my bridesmaids feel and look STUNNING. I've never felt so gorgeous in my life than I did on my wedding day because of the two of them. Not only are they phenomenal in their trade but they were fun to spend 5 hours with - we laughed and joked and sang and danced around the hotel suite together. If you choose Alison Harper & Co, you'll have the day of your dreams!

Alison Harper & Company 9
    Alison Harper & Company 10
    Alison Harper & Company 11

Kara · Married on 08/12/2018

I had a fabulous experience with Alison Harper and Company! I used Sara, Lily and and Ali for both hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids and my mother-in-law to get ready for my wedding. After a successful and helpful trial, I felt confident that they understood the look I was going for, and they did an excellent job. My girls were thrilled with their looks, too! We had them provide the services onsite in my hotel room, which was super convenient; they brought chairs and all the equipment we needed, so all there was for us to do was sit back, relax and enjoy! They are awesome with scheduling and were able to provide the hair, makeup and touchups well within the scheduled timeframe. Their prices are very reasonable, too, which is great. I would highly recommend booking them for any event!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Kara! Thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad you had such a great experience working with my team. Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day! xA

Kenya · Married on 08/04/2018

True professionals and sugggest this for any bride with a larger bridal group. They are patient and creative with the styles they offer. This by far was the best service ever received for hair services. All the bridesmaids loved their up-do's.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Kenya! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. I'm so glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience with my team! xA
  • Norman

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2018

My hair was perfect all night

We used Alison Harper for my bridal hair and makeup, as well as for hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, and the moms. They are wonderful. Both the hair stylist and make up artist were named Kaitlyn (I think different spellings, but I can't remember which!) and I would HIGHLY recommend them. Hairstylist Kaitlyn was able to look at my inspiration photos, ask me questions, and then design a hair style that was even better than the inspiration photos. They sent a team of two hair stylists and two make up artists, which was the perfect amount to handle the number of people we had. They actually finished earlier than the expected finish time, and agreed to wait until the videographer arrived so he could get "getting ready" video. My hair literally did not move the whole night and looked perfect even in our sparkler send off photos! The makeup was great and not overpowering, I opted for the airbrush makeup which I would recommend. I would say they are a bit pricier but you get what you pay for. They did my hair and makeup when I was a bridesmaid and now again as a bride and both times everything has been wonderful.

• Maggie

Maggie · Married on 06/09/2018

I booked Allison Harper Co. to style hair for myself and my wedding party and am so happy with my decision! Kara was our stylist and she did an absolutely amazing job! I was so pleased with how my hair looked and photographed and how it held up through an unseasonably hot June night. My wedding party looked beautiful - there was a mix of updos, down dos, and half up dos that all looked unique but had the soft, romantic look I was hoping for. Kara arrived promptly and stayed on track all day long - it was such a relief for me to not have to worry about timing!

I also really liked the way the trials were set up in their studio - I was able to make an appointment online during normal salon business hours. I had a change of heart after my first trial so I went back for a second and Kara was so supportive and asked all the right questions to make sure we were on the same page. I cried once she put my veil on because I looked exactly as I hoped I would on my wedding day! 100% would recommend working with Alison and her team!

Sent on 08/20/2018
    Alison Harper & Company 12
    Alison Harper & Company 13
    Alison Harper & Company 14
    Alison Harper & Company 15

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Maggie! Thank you for leaving such a lovely testimonial. I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed working with Kara! She had nothing but lovely things to say about you and your ladies. You all looked absolutely gorgeous! xA

Tiffany · Married on 06/03/2018

Alison Harper’s team of brilliant, funny, charismatic hair stylists and makeup artists were a real treat to work with! My bridesmaids, moms, and I LOVED and ENJOYED every minute of getting dolled up at the stunning and comfortable Let’s Prep Salon in Laurel, MD, before my wedding. We brought champagne and orange juice (to make mimosas, of course!) as well as breakfast to eat while we were getting our hair and makeup done. Alison’s salon is super flexible, kind, responsive, and attentive. All the stylists and artists that worked on my bridal party not only made us look gorgeous, but they also kept us moving along. Thank you to Alison and her team for making me feel like a million bucks on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Tiffany! Thank you so much for leaving such an awesome review. I'm so thrilled to hear you had an amazing experience working with my team and we were able to meet all your wedding hair and makeup needs! xA

Celia · Married on 06/02/2018

Really happy with Alison Harper! Lucero did the makeup for me, my bridesmaids, my mom, and my husband's mom, and she was fabulous. My mom looked ten years younger! Lucero is really flexible, very sweet, and did an awesome job on everyone. Would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Celia! I'm so glad to hear you had such a great experience working with Lucero. She had nothing but nice things to say about you are your ladies! Thank you for letting us be apart of your special day! xA

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

The whole Alison Harper & Co team were great! They answered all my questions and emails quickly and paired me with the perfect hair stylist and makeup artist. On the day, both girls worked super quickly, all of my bridesmaids were thrilled with how they were styled, even the pickiest of my friends! and one friend decided that day to add makeup (she was planning to do just hair) and the artists worked quickly to fit her in AND to help my sister make a change to her makeup after she saw someone else's and wanted to copy it. I loved how I looked, and they made everything stress free and easy on my big day. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Rebecca! Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice review! I'm so glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience working with my team for your big day. xA

Becca · Married on 05/26/2018

After a very bad trial with another salon, I frantically emailed Alison a month and half before our wedding. Alison hooked me up immediately. She answered my million emails, questions, concerns and I was so impressed with how the trials were done. A special shout-out to Sara Barr who gave me exactly the look I was going for on such short notice (I changed my look the weekend before the wedding) and Jovandra who did my makeup. It stayed on ALL NIGHT and I got so many compliments. Also, Kara who was our second stylist for bridesmaids. My bridesmaids and mom loved their hair and makeup and they looked beautiful. 10/10 customer service - I loved working with Alison Harper & Co.!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so happy we were able to work with you and your family and friends. I'm thrilled to hear that Kara and Sara were able to make your hair and makeup dreams come true for your big day! They loved working with you too. xA

Katherine · Married on 05/25/2018

Alison Harper & Co were excellent from the first correspondence all the way through my wedding day. They were responsive, asked for great feedback after the trial, helped schedule each bridesmaid's appointment, and were very flexible and accommodating when we added hair and makeup appointments at the last minute. Their space to visit for my hair and makeup trial is clean and chic. It was a very enjoyable experience. Morelia and Lorena were fantastic and enjoyable to work with. They are both talented artists who listened to exactly the type of look I wanted and then worked with my hair and makeup along the way to get every strand of hair and every shade of makeup exactly right. The day of the wedding, they arrived on time, brought all of their own equipment (including lighting and makeup chairs), and worked with my bridesmaids and family members to get the looks they wanted. Everyone was stunning! I can't imagine better service from start to finish.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Katherine! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great experience working with Lorena and Morelia. Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your big day! xA

Alexandra · Married on 05/19/2018

Using Alison Harper & Co was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. From an easy bridal consultation via email to an effortless hair and makeup trial, and finally amazing support and service on wedding day, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Dottie did my hair, and she was so helpful. Her calming attitude made me feel so relaxed, and she was extra patient with a bridesmaid that wanted to change her style--twice! Evonna did my makeup, and she took my oily skin and made a miracle happen-- the makeup survived ALL.DAY.LONG (even after all of the happy tears and all of the dancing). All of my bridesmaids said that they'd never had better professional makeup done. Dottie, Evonna, and Alison's team in their studio in Laurel are amazing professional women who know how to get shit done. They will make your wedding hair and makeup process so easy and so affordable, and I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Alison Harper & Company 16
    Alison Harper & Company 17
    Alison Harper & Company 18

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Alexandra! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review. I'm so happy to hear you had such an amazing experience with my entire team. You looked absolutely stunning on your big day! xA

Julia Robidoux · Married on 05/11/2018

beautiful hair and makeup

I am so glad I went with this company for my wedding party hair and makeup. We had both services done on my 4 bridesmaids, me (the bride), and my mom. The team (one hairdresser and one makeup artist) arrived at my parents home early, and set up their equipment quickly. They worked so smoothly and made us all look stunning! I really appreciated how they listened to what each of us wanted as far as hair/makeup and offered helpful suggestions. As a bride, I do not wear makeup on a daily basis and they made me look flawless and still like myself. I was also so impressed with their hairstylist who made my thick, heavy hair look beautiful. She was able to handle a variety of hair types and make us all look so put-together. They also did last minute touchups prior to us leaving for the ceremony. I have already recommended them to a friend who is using their company for her wedding. I worked with the hairstylist Kara and makeup artist Lucero. I would recommend them for anyone's wedding.
    The company also responded quickly to emails, they were upfront about their pricing, and I was very happy with their services.

Alison Harper & Company 19