Alison Harper & Company Reviews

Alison Harper & Company 6
Alison Harper & Company 7

Selina W. · Getting married on 08/13/2022

Wonderful Makeup Experience

I had received an invitation to a wedding and was in dire need of a wedding makeup look. Luckily, a friend of mine had suggested this company and it was the best decision that I made! My makeup artist was Lily and she was phenomenal. She catered to what look I wanted to achieve and even suggested tips on how to enhance my look, which I truly admired. She was very welcoming, open, and all around a professional. Lily is truly the gold standard when it comes to achieving your dream look. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants to look and feel at their absolute best. Well done Lily and the Alison Harper & Company team!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Secret · Getting married on 06/30/2022

Everyone on the team was responsive, helpful, accommodating and very professional. I did a trial and loved my hair and makeup team! The best part was that they were able to accommodate a second hair trial closer to the wedding and adjust my hair, matching it perfectly to my inspiration photos. I wanted a boho, romantic, loose wave look and Caitlin delivered! They showed up early on the day of the wedding, timed everything perfectly while still letting us relax, and best of all, they let me use my own makeup because of my very sensitive skin and I ended up with very natural makeup that I loved!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Oh what a sweet testimonial! Thank you for taking your time to leave our future brides to be feedback on our process. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed working with our girls. Caitlin had so many lovely things to say about you and your ladies! Thank you for trusting us!!
    xA
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Z · Married on 01/20/2019

Wonderful from start to finish

I can't really say enough about working with Alison and her extremely talented team of artists. We had a complicated contract (some people in one place, other people in a different place) and Alison, Heather, and our stylists just went with the flow. From my hair and makeup trials in October to the day of the wedding, they were wonderful.

Cecelia was our hair stylist and Lorena did our makeup. Both women were extremely professional and fun to be around. Oh, and they also did amazing work! They went out of their way to make my mom feel especially beautiful and pampered. I felt beautiful and so did my bridesmaids.

Karla and Anita worked with my in-laws (at a separate location) and were wonderful as well. Everyone looked incredible and, most importantly, all of them felt special and pampered on a big day.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Hi Alexandra!
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a sweet testimonial! I'm so glad you, your family and bridesmaids had such a great experience working with Cecelia, Lorena, Anita and Karla. Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day! xA

Tyreesha Bolton · Married on 01/04/2019

Ah-ma-zing.

I was invited to a wedding of family members and my first thought was "They're going to take so many pictures, AH!" Makeup is not a skill I possess and I was in desperate need of assistance. A co-worker recommended Alison Harper & Co. and I will be forever grateful. My artist was Lily and I couldn't of been more satisfied. She took the time to cater to my crazy dry skin and ensure it would look fresh and hydrated all day and night long. She gave me super great tips for maintaining the look through such a hectic day. I really felt like I got everything I needed and more from her. Ten out of ten would recommend Lily and Alison Harper & Co. for any of your wedding beauty needs. Fabulous job, thank you guys!!!

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Maureen

Maureen · Married on 12/01/2018

Flawless experience!

I loved working with Alison Harper! It was so nice to have trials with the stylists I would be using the day of my wedding, and they were incredibly attentive to what I and my bridesmaids wanted. My stylists were Kara and Lily, but I also had additional stylists for bridesmaids and others - all of the stylists are excellent. I got the sense that they could handle any issues with kindness and professionalism. The day of my wedding, the team showed up early to set up, and everyone (9 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls, mothers of groom and bride, plus me!!!) were finished ahead of schedule. The entire experience was seamless, and I felt beautiful on my wedding day.

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Alison Harper & Company 8

Hi Maureen!

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed working with Kara and Lily. They had nothing but sweet things to say about you and your ladies. Thank you for letting us be apart of you special day! xA
  • Amelia

Amelia · Married on 12/01/2018

Styled to perfection

I'm so happy I hired Alison Harper and Co for my big day! What a team of professionals and artists! They were able to add an additional hair stylist to my reservation 48 hours before my big day because of a last minute schedule change and prevented me from having a massive panic attack on my wedding day. Everyone's hair and makeup came out BEAUTIFULLY. I've never felt so beautiful. It was flawless. Many times hair and makeup for weddings can come out too much like a prom look, and believe me- I've had my share of bad bridesmaids makeup. Our looks were the opposite of a bad prom date. Everyone was stunning. There is a reason why they consistently win awards in the DMV area. I'm very proud to have hired this team and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Alison Harper & Company 9
    Alison Harper & Company 10
    Alison Harper & Company 11

Hi Amelia!

Thank you so much for such a lovely review and for the pictures. You look stunning! I'm glad we were able to make all your wedding hair and makeup needs come true. xA
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2018

Wanna look better than you ever have? Call AH&Co

I cannot speak highly enough about the ladies from Alison Harper& Co! Caitlin did our hair and Jesseca did our makeup and they were both absolutely amazing to work with. Even when I called the audible the day of the wedding and wanted to change up my lip color a bit, Jesseca didn't even bat an eye and whipped up a custom color for me right on the spot. And Caitlin is not only a genius with a curling iron and hairspray, but that woman was amazing for my wedding day nervous jitters. If you want to look picture perfect for your wedding hair, with hair that can withstand 40mph wind and makeup that can hold to up to ugly crying during your vows, call these ladies NOW

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Alison Harper & Company 12
    Alison Harper & Company 13
    Alison Harper & Company 14
  • Maralee

Maralee Csellar · Married on 11/03/2018

Wonderful stylists

Alison Harper & Company gave me the flexibility to have all of our hair and makeup done in advance at home so that we had more time at the venue for photos and getting ready. The stylists are amazing. Worked with me throughout my trial to get the perfect fit. All of my bridesmaids and my mom looked like themselves on the day, just better versions of themselves.

Sent on 12/22/2018

Hi Maralee!
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so glad you had such an amazing experience with my team. Thank you for letting us be apart of your day! xA
  • K Esmonde

K Esmonde · Married on 10/27/2018

A happy wedding party

The five stylists that I worked with at Alison Harper did such a great job. I really appreciated that I was able to do a trial with the people that I would be working with the day of the wedding. They translated my vague ideas into a look that I was really happy with!

The day of the wedding, they showed up at 6:45 am for a long morning with me and a ton of bridesmaids, nieces, friends, and family members. They moved through a huge group of women at a great pace and we were all done early. In the end, we all looked great. I was very pleased with their work!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Sonia Owusuaa · Married on 10/20/2018

Nana Tiwaa is best!!!!

As a part of my made of honor duties I was in charge of handling the bridesmaids hair and bringing the vision of the bride to life! Nana Tiwaa did just that and MORE!! She was very professional from our initial contact to the day of the wedding! She even arrived before the time scheduled and made our hair absolutely beautiful (just like how the bride wanted it). I recommend her to everyone wanting one less thing to stress about and getting exactly what you want!!!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Katherine · Married on 10/20/2018

Kara is the best!

We had Kara do updos for me, my mom and mother-in-law and and my bridesmaids and she did an incredible job. I did a trial package, and each time Kara did exactly what I was looking for. On the day of, my hair was absolutely perfect and my bridesmaids all looked amazing. Kara was able to do exactly what they wanted having just looked at a few pictures. Not only is she talented, she was also a joy to have with us, arrived right on time, and stayed on schedule. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Ellen · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Hair and Makeup!!

I booked Alison Harper & Co. based on reviews alone. I didn't have my hair and makeup trial for a couple months after booking.

I am SO glad I went with their team. Anita did makeup for myself and bridesmaids. Caitlin did hair. Everyone felt so beautiful the day of my wedding! They even finished a little bit ahead of schedule (always nice). Caitlin put together the updo of my dreams. I think I showed her about 5 different braided/low bun styles and she basically combined them all into 1 look. Anita has perfected making you look like an enhanced version of yourself.

So happy with how everything turned out on our big day and 100% recommend this team to any brides!

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 10/13/2018

Sweet, talented and timely!

I had Caitlin and Melissa as my hair and make up team. They are so friendly and talented! They were punctual and quick but it didn't feel rushed and myself and all my bridesmaids loved our looks! There have been times where I have had my hair and makeup done and haven't felt like myself and this was not the case with Caitlin and Melissa. They really listened to what I said, read my notes and looked at my photos ahead of time. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly recommend!

Lorena and Kara were the ultimate professionals. They were so sweet and easy to work with. We had a wide range of styles and ages, and they accommodated everyone perfectly. They also were incredibly punctual and provided everything they needed on site. They also worked with me to create a timeline that worked for all of us. Thanks so much, ladies!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Alison Harper & Company 15

Hi Nicole!
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great experience with Lorena and Kara. Nothing makes us happier than to know our brides are happy on their big day! xA

Martha · Married on 09/29/2018

Dottie (Hair) and Jesseca (Makeup) of Alison Harper & Company LLC were amazing! Both are fabulous at what they do, and they really took my feedback about hair and makeup into account. On the wedding day, they were not only prompt and friendly, but also made me and my bridesmaids look amazing! They kept to the timeline and perfectly executed each bridesmaids' vision. When I decided to change my hairstyle from the trial, Dottie didn't bat an eye. Allison and her staff were very communicative throughout, and I really appreciated the running Google document where I could drop inspiration photos and notes for the day of. I highly recommend Alison Harper for DC-area brides!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Hi Martha!
    I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed working with Dottie and Jessica and they were able to make your wedding hair and makeup dreams come true. Thank you for letting us be apart of your special day! xA

Julia · Married on 09/29/2018

Loved my look!

Alison Harper & Co is amazing! I had a lot of women getting ready the day of my wedding (11) and Alison Harper sent 4 stylists - two for make up and two for hair. This was ESSENTIAL as we had a reasonable start time and there was never any frantic moments on the day of.
    The women at Alison Harper are professional and they are the best at what they do. They were extremely responsive and helpful - I was kind of a needy bride. ;)
    After your trial, the women at the salon (which is gorgeous) will take pics of your look. Then, you'll get the pics emailed to you in a Google doc so you can make comments about your likes and dislikes days or even weeks later.
    This is essential! After my trial, I decided to change a few things. I am so glad that I got the chance to see my day of look so that I knew what was working and what I wanted done differently.
    The women at Alison Harper & Co are amazing. Book them! They will make your day of look dreams come true!
    One more thing - the women who I invited to get ready with me on the day of were treated with the same amount of professionalism that I was. Their looks were perfect! Everyone was beautiful.
    If you want to work with experts who are flexible and courteous - these are the women to hire.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Julia! We really appreciate you taking the time to write us such a lovely testimonial. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed working with my team so much. Thank you for letting us be apart of your special day! xA

Tiffany · Married on 09/29/2018

Great experience!

Alison Harper & Co were so easy to work with and very reasonably priced for on-location hair/makeup. Morelia (hair) and Melissa (makeup) did an amazing job for me and my 3 bridesmaids! My hair didn't budge -- I even wore it to brunch the next day -- and my makeup looked natural and made me feel gorgeous. Studio is a little bit of a challenge to get to for a trial, but they have lots of availability.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Hi Tiffany!
    Thank your for taking the time to leave us a review, it means so much to us. I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable experience with Melissa and Morelia. Thank you for letting us be apart of your special day! xA

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Alison and her team are absolutely wonderful! I decided to go with Alison Harper given all the great reviews, competitive prices and their various options between their pro and partner services, which was a great decision. I will openly admit I was a picky bride, especially with my hair, because I truly had no idea what I wanted. I worked with one artist, Sara, and she was fantastic! I ended up doing three very different hair trials and each time Sara was patient, offered input and executed exactly what I requested.

On my wedding day, Sara and Cenithia did the all the hair styles and Lucero did all of the makeup. They are all so talented, plus arrived on time with great attitudes and with all necessary supplies. Everyone looked AMAZING and everyone's hair/makeup lasted all day and night.

In addition to the amazing stylists/artists, Alison and her assistants, Christina and Heather are awesome. I had to make changes related to the number of services, booked several trials, and needed help with planning a schedule for my wedding day due to my type-A personality. Alison and her assistants were extremely responsive, took time to answer my dozens of questions, and were very understanding/patient.

As stated above, all of the people I worked with were incredible. However, in addition to the incredible people, Alison Harper offers a lot of helpful features to make the hair/makeup process easier, such as shared Google Doc, FAQs, easy booking processes, and weekend trial time slots.

Overall, Alison Harper and her team are absolutely fantastic. My bridesmaids, both moms and I felt beautiful on my wedding day and it is largely due to Sara, Lucero and Cenithia plus with the help of Alison and her team during the wedding process. I am so glad I had you all by my side!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Katie! Thank you for taking the time to write us such an awesome review! Sara, Cenithia and Lucero had nothing but sweet things to say about your and your ladies. I'm so glad to hear you had an amazing experience working with my team from start to finish. Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day! xA

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2018

I cannot recommend this studio enough! They are 1) super responsive, 2) super talented, 3) reasonably priced for great results, and 4) just all around great to work with.

I hired them to get 6 ladies and myself ready for my wedding- both hair and makeup. It's really nice that you can hire both hair and makeup from the same place- and it helps since the makeup artists and hairstylists know each other and really work well together.
    Sara (hair) and Lily (makeup) were AWESOME! After a trial run at the studio, they came to my house the day of- in DC- which is great because it was super relaxing and easy for everyone. They showed up exactly on time (well actually a few minutes early, which is exactly what you want on the day of ;)) and had everything they needed to set up and get to work.

All of my bridesmaids, and both sets of moms, were thrilled with the results and the hair and makeup. Everyone had different types of skin/hair and they had no problems making everyone look amazing. They did touchups as needed, were super responsive to any adjustments people wanted (which to be honest, not many were even needed!) .
    Most importantly- all of our styles and makeup stayed put all day- we started getting ready at 8:30 and went till 2pm. The wedding itself was at 5- then we danced like fools all night and everyone still looked awesome (unlike our dance moves;))

I was a little nervous hiring a team a little further outside the DC radius/area and traveling to them for the trial was a bit of a lift (1 hr plus with DC traffic), but they were amazing and SO WORTH IT.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a great experience with Alison Harper & Co! They were very flexible with some last minute changes to my order (numbers and styles) and everyone was extremely pleased with their hair styles and makeup. My hair also held all day in DC's humidity in a hot day in December. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Kat · Married on 09/01/2018

Alison Harper & Co. has a stylist for everyone!

The Alison Harper & Co women were amazing! My bridesmaids & I each had our own personal style and they were able to to do everyone's hair and make up just the way they wanted - from beautiful natural looks to gorgeous braids and updos. I was picky about how much make up I would be wearing and Anita was able to give me the perfect natural look, making it look like I had flawless skin with no noticeable foundation. She is truly an artist. My eye make up was perfection. She was also fun to talk to while sitting in the chair. Christa did my hair and was also just as fun and amazing! I wore my hair down and wanted a natural wave. I got married on the Shenandoah River and wanted to look just as natural as the surroundings and she made it happen! We also worked with Cenithia and Lucero, and the bridesmaids looked unreal. Somehow we each had our own styles, but they all blended together amazingly. I will add that I also did a trial at the Alison Harper & Co. salon. It is a beautiful space and everyone that helped us was so nice. Alison Harper & Co. seems to have a stylist for anyone's taste! I would recommend working with them to anyone that needs their hair and makeup done.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Hi Kat!
    Nothing makes us happier than to hear our brides enjoyed working with our team. I'm so glad we could make all your wedding hair and makeup dreams come true! xA

Vanessa · Married on 08/25/2018

The recommendation to use Alison Harper & Co from one of my friends was the best recommendation I've ever gotten. From my initial email reaching out to the trial to the day of, I was made to feel comfortable and confident in my decision to move forward with this group. Alison Harper herself is sweet, her staff is patient and supportive, and her artists are just that, artists. Caitlin (hair) and Jesseca (make up) made me and my bridesmaids feel and look STUNNING. I've never felt so gorgeous in my life than I did on my wedding day because of the two of them. Not only are they phenomenal in their trade but they were fun to spend 5 hours with - we laughed and joked and sang and danced around the hotel suite together. If you choose Alison Harper & Co, you'll have the day of your dreams!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Alison Harper & Company 16
    Alison Harper & Company 17
    Alison Harper & Company 18

Alison Harper & Company's reply:

Hi Vanessa! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely testimonial about our team. I'm so happy you enjoyed working with Caitlin and Jesseca and had the day of your dreams!! xA

Kara · Married on 08/12/2018

I had a fabulous experience with Alison Harper and Company! I used Sara, Lily and and Ali for both hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids and my mother-in-law to get ready for my wedding. After a successful and helpful trial, I felt confident that they understood the look I was going for, and they did an excellent job. My girls were thrilled with their looks, too! We had them provide the services onsite in my hotel room, which was super convenient; they brought chairs and all the equipment we needed, so all there was for us to do was sit back, relax and enjoy! They are awesome with scheduling and were able to provide the hair, makeup and touchups well within the scheduled timeframe. Their prices are very reasonable, too, which is great. I would highly recommend booking them for any event!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Hi Kara!
    Thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad you had such a great experience working with my team. Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day! xA

Kenya · Married on 08/04/2018

True professionals and sugggest this for any bride with a larger bridal group. They are patient and creative with the styles they offer. This by far was the best service ever received for hair services. All the bridesmaids loved their up-do's.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Hi Kenya!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. I'm so glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience with my team! xA