Alisa Tongg Reviews

174 | Stroudsburg, PA

174 Reviews for Alisa Tongg

James · Married on 05/30/2015

We are so lucky to have found Alisa and truly believe that our wedding would not have been so perfect without her. Alisa Tongg is the Celebrant who makes dream ceremonies come to life. She asks the questions that allow you to share your deepest feelings for your future husband or wife and then creates a ceremony that gets more beautiful each time you hear it.

We and our family and friends cannot say enough great things about her. She gave us a personalized ceremony that touched everyone's hearts. Multiple guests said that they would love to have Alisa do their wedding when it is their turn to get married.

Thank you so much Alisa for giving us a ceremony that we will want to replay over and over again!

Forever Grateful,
    Jayne and James Lisi

Sent on 06/07/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/29/2015

Alisa Tongg is absolutely amazing, and working with her was such a wonderful experience!! She created a handcrafted ceremony that reflected perfectly our unique story, and the love that we share for each other! She made the wedding feel intimate, and our families and guests feel included. It by far surpassed our expectations! So many of our guest commented on how great she was, and mentioned how much better they feel like they know us as a couple, after hearing our story told through her words. I cannot say enough good things about her!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Alisa was nothing short of amazing! She put together the most wonderful, unique ceremony for us. We had guests telling us all night how beautiful it was and different from anything they had seen before. We are SO thrilled with how the ceremony turned out, and all due to Alisa! I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Robert · Married on 05/22/2015

I have not read the other reviews here about Alisa. I don't have to, I know they are fantastic. (I was right, wasn't I?) What a great experience it was getting to tell our story and share our marriage vow through a wonderful celebrant, who truly sees the big picture and can make others see it as well. To allow someone to preside over such a moment requires a certain amount of trust. Alisa proved fully worthy of that trust. (Crying a little bit right now!) Alisa facilitated a great sharing of mutual support and love and joy for everyone at our wedding. Thank you, Alisa!

• Javier

Javier · Married on 05/22/2015

Dear Alisa, we’d like to say a sincere and heartfelt thank you for helping us create the most beautiful and memorable day in our lives. You made the ceremony truly special and unique, you connected with people and they listened to your every word. We specially appreciated how you adapted to the flow… like when our dog Bodhi was crying, you talked to him and everyone laugh, or when folks continued to hug and kiss during the “PASSING OF THE PEACE” part of the ceremony, you said that was the longest “PASSING OF THE PEACE” you had ever seen, we saw people so moved, that they both laugh and cried. You are an awesome Celebrant & Story Teller. Thank You for being there for us and telling our story.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Alisa is absolutely amazing! She took all of the hopes and dreams my husband and I had for our wedding ceremony (that it would be about us, our love story, and our hopes and plans for the future) and made it a beautiful reality. There really wasn't a dry eye- our photographer and his assistant even cried! When my husband and I went table to table to greet our guests, every single person I spoke with said how absolutely beautiful, personal and touching our ceremony was. Multiple men admitted that they cried- and that they never cry. So many people said it was the best ceremony they've ever witnessed. It was exactly how Jon and I envisioned our wedding and Alisa made it all possible. She is professional, personable, really took the time to get to know Jon and I and obviously put a lot of time and energy into telling our love story. I honestly cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

S · Married on 12/28/2014

Alisa did an amazing job crafting the most memorable ceremony for our wedding! From our first Skype conversation we knew that Alisa would be attentive, detail oriented and thoughtful in her process- it was very clear that she is passionate about her craft! She seamlessly incorporated all of our requests and helped guide us through the oftentimes stressful planning process of preparing for a wedding. Alisa always possessed a calming presence and was very flexible and open minded to our needs. She even helped our families organize themselves during our photo session! She was the best celebrant a bride could ask for on her wedding day!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Carly · Married on 11/15/2014

My husband and I were married 11/15/14 in Philadelphia and hired Alisa to perform our wedding ceremony. From our initial skype meeting. through the entire planning process, Alisa was full of energy and truly listened and got to know us. She created an extremely personal ceremony, that wasn't only memorable for Branden and I, but left quite an impression on our guests. Family and friends walked away with their hearts full of love and quite a few tears of joy. Alisa uses her talents to weave a couple's story into the traditional aspects of a wedding ceremony. This is done in the tone of the couple, whether that be romantic, witty, poignant, you name it. She allowed us to play an active role in creating our story and selecting moments of our lives together to hightlght. We were encouraged to invite family and friends to be part of the ceremony in many different ways! We chose a handfasting ritual and passing of the peace (similar to "peace be with you" in a catholic service).
    On a more technical level, Alisa was incredibly professional. She confidently guided us through the process, responded to messages very quickly, was organized, clear with her thoughts and presentation. On our wedding day she arrived early and greeted us at Vie with a BIG smile. During the ceremony she spoke with a carefully rehearsed articulation so all guests could hear and feel equally included throughout. She was warm and polite to our parents, bridal parties (children included!) and venue staff. I am confident Alisa will put as much care and consideration into planning your wedding as she did for ours!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Heather · Married on 10/25/2014

All of our vendors were amazing and Alisa was no different. She created a completely unique, personal and intimate ceremony for us. We had so many compliments about how personal the ceremony was and it was exactly what we were going for.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Bee · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I got married on 10-4-14. We decided not to do a church wedding, but I also was not content with a judge or mayor marrying us. We wanted something special, personal and spiritual. Alisa could not have provided more of a unique, personal ceremony for us. From day 1, which was a FaceTime intro, she made me feel calm and relaxed. We did not meet until the night before the wedding, but I felt like I knew her for the entire time. She asked us to fill out a questionnaire separately and based our "love story" portion of our ceremony off of our answers. She nailed it. Alisa was able to summarize our love and journey in eloquent words and passion. We received SO many compliment on how great our ceremony was and were told numerous times we had the "most beautiful ceremony" people have ever seen. So, don't hesitate-- if you're looking for someone to make your ceremony the most special part of your wedding, go with Alisa.. We're so happy we did!!! She's awesome! :)

Sent on 10/21/2014

Jill · Married on 10/03/2014

If you want a personal and meaningful ceremony, you must contact Alisa! She's amazing!!!:) All of our guests raved about our ceremony. She puts her heart into writing the perfect ceremony for you! We feel very fortunate to have found her!!!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Denise · Married on 09/27/2014

When we got engaged, my now husband and I wanted a ceremony that would focus on our relationship and who we were as a couple and individuals. We were so lucky to find Alisa as she captured what we were looking for. From the first call to the final steps towards the altar, she was engaged and informative. She answered all of our questions in a timely manner and made sure to check with us before our ceremony to keep us informed. Her excitement for our marriage showed throughout the whole planning and it made us happy and comfortable to have someone share the same sentiment.

The ceremony was beyond beautiful and captured who were were and our love story perfectly. We received so many compliments from our guests about how personal and beautiful it was. Our guests felt like they were a part of the moment and loved how it captured the essence of what a wedding was. Alisa listened to us and what we wanted and turned it into such a beautiful memory for us to have for our new life together.

Alisa, thank you so much for making our ceremony beautiful beyond words. It was such a pleasure working with you and having you be a part of our special day. We could not be any happier. You are amazing at what you do!

Love, the Lees <3

Sent on 09/29/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/20/2014

Alisa did a great job with our wedding. Finding an officiant was probably one of the most difficult things for my Husband and I when planning our wedding. When I first talked to Alisa I knew I'd love her right off the bat. She was professional, detail oriented, and on time. What she did with our ceremony and the beautiful speech she prepared was just amazing. I was nervous we'd never find an officiant we'd love but Alisa exceeded our expectations. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Alex · Married on 09/20/2014

Alisa made our wedding. We did not set out to find such a creatively involved celebrant but after chatting with some of the standard ministers that offer secular ceremonies we quickly understood that we needed something more. Alisa dug deep into our stories and created a ceremony that truly reflected who we are and why we decided to become a family. Many close friends and family members later told us that they loved learning new things about my and my husband’s history together. At no point did we feel like we were doing something just because that’s what people do at weddings or that our names were just plugged into some script. We had a blast and are so glad we found Alisa to make the ceremony our own. One of my aunts insists that Alisa will officiate her daughter’s wedding even though she’s not getting married any time soon. We recommend Alisa 110%.

Sent on 11/23/2014
  • GRana

Ganga · Married on 08/23/2014

"Absolutely Perfect!" The words that both my husband and I,and ALL of our guests used to describe our wedding ceremony. It truly was the most unique, personal and absolutely beautiful ceremony ever, and it happened to be ours! We owe it all to Alisa- what a wonderful person. Such a smart,kind, caring and attentive person...with an enormous talent!
    It was important to my husband and I that we incorporated both of our Catholic and Sri Lankan Buddhist cultures for our ceremony. Alisa surprised me with her wealth of knowledge about Sri lankan ceremonies! She knew exactly what we envisioned and created a masterpiece. Alisa orchestrated our ceremony with such grace, care and love. We really could not hold back the happy tears from flowing throughout the ceremony!

I had given my now husband one wedding planning task... to find our officiant- and he gets an A++! :)

Thank you Alisa! For coordinating such a phenomenal ceremony for us, one that still brings tears to my eyes as I type this review. You are the best!!! Xoxo

Sent on 08/27/2014

Valerie · Married on 08/16/2014

THE BEST CEREMONY EVER! Alisa really took the time to create a ceremony that was unique to us. It was perfect, and our guests could not believe how personalized to us it was. She had guests laughing, crying, and constantly engaged. Her passion for creating a memorable ceremony is obvious, we could not imagine it being any better. Thank you for making the first moments as husband and wife so special and beautiful!! xo!

Sent on 08/23/2014

We can not express how much we appreciate your attention to detail for the most important day of our lives. You listened to every story, reaction, feeling, and emotion, and you were able to capture it all in a beautiful ceremony. It was breath taking, and everyone could not stop commenting on how unique and sentimental it was. You were able to embody the quirks of our relationship and our amazing love story. The pictures that you sent of our day were so precious. We wanted you to know that you have a special gift that does not go unnoticed. You are so wonderful ~ Mr. & Mrs. Scioli

Sent on 08/11/2014

Alex · Married on 08/02/2014

We cannot say enough good things about Alisa. It is a second marriage for both of us and we were looking for a personal yet casual touch for our outdoor/house wedding. Alisa takes the time to get to know you both, learns your story and incorporates it into a beautiful personal tale. We were looking to add some structure to our ceremony but also some romance. She provided both! Alisa makes sure all the important people in your life are part of your ceremony or remembered. She has a beautiful soothing voice that calms you on your day and makes for a lovely officiant for the ceremony. We spoke and communicated many times over a 2 month period. This is one decision you won't have to sweat. You will love her!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Erica · Married on 07/26/2014

Alisa truly exceeded any and all of our expectations. We can't overemphasize how important it is to have a meaningful wedding ceremony. Alisa created the most unique and heartfelt ceremony that any attendee has ever seen. We continue to receive daily compliments on how sincere, personal, and unique our ceremony was.
    From the moment we first spoke with her, we knew Alisa was the perfect fit for our wedding. She is professional, experienced, and just delightful to talk to. My husband and I really only had a few things we knew that we wanted in the ceremony, and had no idea what else was even involved. Alisa took the time to talk to us and get to know us personally. From there, she was able to provide not only suggestions, but multiple options for many parts of the ceremony. She took the time to find out what would be perfect for each part of our wedding. As a result, she was able to come up with a beautiful ceremony incorporating the requests we had sent with other elements that perfectly fit our wedding and our personalities. It was built for us... which made all the difference in the world.
    Aside from creating the perfect ceremony, Alisa is a pleasure to work with. We simply cannot say enough good things about her! Choosing Alisa as our officiant was the best decision we could have made. Our ceremony was hands down the most memorable part of our wedding day!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Alisa was absolutely amazing! She made our ceremony completely tailored to how we wanted it, a love story and celebration of our love and that's exactly what she delivered. We received so many compliments on how beautiful it was! Definitely recommend :) Alisa is the best around!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Robert · Married on 07/05/2014

I am the father of a bride that was married on July 5th at Blue Mountain. Alisa did a truly wonderful way of telling their "love" story and integrating a number of unique ways of blessing and officiating their marriage. Alisa was very deliberate (not rushed) and very warm and we received excellent comments from all that experienced this special event. It was the most warm and unique wedding ceremony that I have ever attended and would recommend Alisa for your special occassion.

Bob of Michigan

Sent on 07/09/2014

Amber · Married on 07/05/2014

Alisa married us on July 5, and she (and the ceremony she wrote) was fantastic! We wanted a secular ceremony that was meaningful, yet we also wanted our families--who are used to Catholic ceremonies--to feel comfortable. When we spoke with Alisa for the first time over Skype, we knew she was the one to help us with this goal. She completely understood our wishes, had lots of experience with similar situations, and quickly came up with a lot of wonderful ideas. Over the next months, she worked with us to craft a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted. On the day of the wedding, she showed up looking beautiful, excited, and yet very composed. She was very organized, and made sure everyone involved in the ceremony knew what they needed to do. During the ceremony itself, she was wonderful! She spoke clearly, and at a perfect pace. She was also very attentive to details, clearly demonstrating her professionalism. For instance, during our vows, she turned away from the microphone, so that the guests only heard my husband and I speaking into the microphone and saying the vows to each other. The ceremony was an incredibly wonderful, emotional, and fun experience, and it was exactly what we were hoping for! Many of our family members and friends commented to me afterwards about how much they enjoyed the ceremony. Even better, each person identified a different part or aspect of the ceremony as their favorite moment, but everyone thought it was meaningful. I would recommend Alisa without hesitation. You'll be able to rest assured that she will listen to what you want for the ceremony, and deliver something even better.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/28/2014

Beautiful weather, 120 of our amazing family and friends, coupled with a personalized ceremony created by the one and only Alisa Tongg made for the most perfect wedding Steve and I could have ever imagined.

After contacting Alisa and talking with her through Skype she had us both fill out a couple's questionnaire. We had so much fun answering all the questions and reminiscing about our 12 year relationship. Having to write out our story was not only information for Alisa but it was an unexpected part of the process that really allowed us to examine ourselves and our relationship in a new and beautiful way.

From these questionnaires Alisa swiftly created the first draft of our ceremony. As soon as Alisa emailed it to us we sat down together and read through it. She magically captured our personalities and combined our stories and memories in a way that simply brought tears to our eyes. It was heartwarming, humorous, and lighthearted and centered around meaningful themes and rituals that Alisa suggested and helped us choose. Each ritual made sense for us as a couple and it was important to us that our story gave context to all that we said and did throughout our ceremony.

Fast forward to our wedding day! Alisa delivered the ceremony with professionalism and graceful excitement. Our guests laughed, they cried, and were truly engaged. So many guests were touched by how personal and unique it was and especially impressed with Alisa's talent and passion for officiating. A few guests went as far as saying that it was the best ceremony they ever attended!

It is without a doubt that being a wedding celebrant is one of Alisa's many gifts. She is beautiful, authentic, and loves what she does. Steve and I are so so happy to have had Alisa create our ceremony because it was certainly an amazing and awesome experience that we will never forget. Thank you Alisa!! xoxo

Sent on 07/19/2014

Kate · Married on 06/14/2014

Wow! I've only been to one of the weddings Alisa has coordinated, and that was mine. However, it was the best wedding ceremony I have ever attended! From start to finish, we felt like she really knew us and we didn't even meet until the rehearsal! She is warm and kind, I felt so relaxed and confident that we made the right choice every time I spoke with her. Since we live in San Francisco, we worked with her over the phone and through e-mail. We wanted a ceremony that involved our family, was light hearted, and represented us as a couple. There were so many unique elements of our ceremony that made it so special. Alisa has great ideas and composed a beautiful ceremony for us. I am looking forward to our vow renewal (because it was all just so perfect) and having her be a part of it!!!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Courtney · Married on 06/07/2014

Alisa is just outstanding! Her authentic nature, genuine interest in getting to know myself and groom, and overall sense of elegance and grace captured the beauty and authenticity of our love and ceremony. Love her!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Alisa Tongg's reply:

Thanks Courtney! Here's my favorite line from your ceremony: "Steve recognized too, that there was something special about their immediate connection early in that first date, and when he found out that Courtney had other first dates “pending”, he did what any newly found soul mate would do—“I told her” Steve confesses, “I hope that goes terribly.”...