Alisa Tongg Reviews

186 | Stroudsburg, PA

186 Reviews for Alisa Tongg

Paige · Married on 09/18/2015

Alisa is simply the best! It's hard to find the words to describe how wonderful Alisa is, both as a celebrant and a person! Working with Alisa was the best decision my (now!) husband and I made and I highly recommend Alisa to anyone! Alisa's ceremony was pure perfection and absolutely beautiful. Our guests are still calling it "the best ceremony they've ever been to!" Working with Alisa was easy and flawless. A few months before we had a skype meeting, followed by a bride and groom questionnaire (which was so much fun to fill out!). Then within a few days, Alisa sent back our first draft ceremony, which was PERFECTION! Closer to the wedding Alisa sent us a little surprise package (I won't spoil it for future brides and grooms!). The day of the wedding, she came to the ceremony early and took pictures of wedding party and us. Those pictures turned out to be the best photos of the wedding! We are so happy we chose Alisa to officiate our wedding! She is simply the best and we know you will be so happy if you chose her too! :)

Sent on 09/23/2015

Rebekah · Married on 08/28/2015

Our ceremony was perfect! Alisa did such a great job of getting to know us and incorporating little things into the ceremony. It was just perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Lisa · Married on 08/23/2015

We loved everything about our wedding and Alisa had a big part in it. From the very beginning, you can tell even from her e-mail correspondence that she has a real passion for what she does. We decided to have a very small wedding but still wanted it to feel special, so we decided to contact Alisa. Her customized ceremony was perfect and everyone who attended said "it was so you guys". I loved that she added little personalized details in the ceremony. We had a little fun and incorporated a German log sawing tradition which definitely made it memorable. Alisa was so professional, accommodating and kind - of course, I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Jen · Married on 08/01/2015

Alisa is an amazing officiant and I highly recommend her to anyone. From the beginning, when my husband and I started our wedding planning, Alisa was involved and helpful. She got to know our love story on a personal level and found ways to incorporate our two children into the ceremony. Alisa's ability to take 4 lives (my husband, our kids and myself) and turn it into a personal story to share with our family and friends is truly remarkable. Upon meeting Alisa in person her positive energy was infectious she went beyond her officiant duties by assisting me with putting on my shoes and entertaining friends/family. I can not explain in words how grateful I am to have found Alisa. She took on a integral role in our wedding and exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Jenny · Married on 07/17/2015

Our experience with Alisa has far exceeded what we imagined our wedding ceremony could be. Early on in the process, I asked Alisa if she would be comfortable planning a ceremony for us that would have an element of surprise- we wanted to wait until our wedding ceremony to hear our story along with family and friends. Alisa was extremely professional while still bringing her warm personality to the planning process. She patiently and quickly answered our all of questions, and fully engaged us so that the ceremony would be a true representation of us as individuals and as a couple.

In a word, our ceremony was magical. Many of our friends and family assumed that Alisa was a friend we had known for years, and I feel confident saying she brings this familiarity and warmth to every ceremony she creates. Of all of the pieces that made our wedding day special, I couldn’t imagine our day without the love, sincerity, and magic that Alisa brought. I would recommend her unconditionally to anyone who is looking for a ceremony that feels authentic and personal. She truly made our ceremony an experience we will always treasure.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Alisa was wonderful to work with. She was able to take our individual stories and make one cohesive one for our ceremony. She had lots of different ideas to involve the guests and to create a one-of-a-kind ceremony. Many of our guests commented that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they ever witnessed. She is a master storyteller!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Leah · Married on 07/11/2015

Alisa made our BIG day perfect! We got married in Stroudsburg, PA on 7/11/15 and Alisa helped tell our love story like it had never been told before. We wanted a ceremony that was US - and we got exactly that. There were tears, giggles and everything inbetween. The personalized process was amazing and we could not have asked for anything more. A number of our wedding guests said that it was the best ceremony they have attended and really appreciated the uniqueness!
    THANK YOU Alisa for making our BIG day a PERFECT day!! xoxo

Sent on 07/13/2015

Teddi · Married on 06/22/2015

After deciding to elope in a rather unconventional way, we had been struggling to find an officiant willing to go along with our crazy plan to hike four miles down a mountain, near a bunch of waterfalls, and get married along the way. Our photographers recommended Alisa, whom they had worked with in the past and held in extremely high regard. We were thrilled when we emailed her and she was up for the challenge! It’s not everywhere that you can find a celebrant to custom craft an extremely intimate and personal wedding ceremony, hike down a mountainside, and wade out into streams to marry you in front of waterfalls on a Monday evening. Alisa couldn’t have been more perfect! We weren’t sure exactly how the ceremony would work, but she brilliant wove it into our hike; we stopped at several magical places on the course of the four mile jaunt for bits and pieces of the ceremony, each more touchingly written and personal than the last. Alisa stood in rushing streams, climbed over rocks and logs, and was a huge help in every way, all with extreme grace, while wearing a glittering gown and hiking boots! She was also a huge help with little details on the day of the ceremony, willing to help fix up hair and makeup or to give a hand when hiking over rough terrain, or to help out with yet another blast of bug spray. I cannot recommend Alisa enough- whether you’re planning a more traditional wedding, or an out-of-the-box elopement, Alisa will craft your ceremony with the utmost care, fill it with your unique personalities, and leave you touched beyond words. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, from the originally email exchanges through the day of the event, she’s a truly wonderful and vibrant person that honestly wants you to have a most memorable and personalized wedding ceremony and will go to lengths to make sure your dreams of an absolutely perfect wedding day come true. I’ll be recommending her to everyone we know.

Sent on 06/27/2015

Stewart · Married on 06/14/2015

If you are looking for a memorable and unique ceremony that is universally lovable and poignant you must hire Alisa Tongg. Alisa made our ceremony the highlight of our big day by taking our guests on an emotional roller-coaster full of laughter, tears and even cheering! Her custom celebrations will wow you, and your partner. Your guests will all tell you your ceremony was by far the most beautiful and memorable wedding they've ever attended. From our friendly Skype chats, questionnaires and email exchanges she crafted a personalized ceremony for us that celebrated our love story. She was always quick to respond to our questions, was extremely professional and always available. Not to mention the fact that she is by far the best-dressed option you can pick for your special day. :-)

When we finally met Alisa in person a couple of hours before our ceremony started it felt like we had already known her for years. In fact the ceremony was so personal and full of anecdotes that our guests were wondering after the fact if she was a long time friend. She was also such a sweetheart that (without being asked) she took a ton of pictures with her iPhone and became the unofficial second shooter of our wedding day :)

Please do not underestimate the role the officiant plays in your wedding day (if you think about it your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding event, and not the choice of entree etc.) and never question Alisa's ability to make your wedding ceremony perfect. I am so earnest and heartfelt about my recommendation of Alisa that if she happens to already be booked on your day, it is worth seriously considering switching your date :)

xo
    Stewart & Eduardo

Eduardo · Married on 06/14/2015

xo
    Stewart & Eduardo

Emily · Married on 06/05/2015

On June 5, Alisa conducted my wedding ceremony against the beautiful backdrop of Ka'anapali Beach on Maui. Because I was engaged to her brother, I was treated to the added intimacy of being married by family. I might be a bit biased, but I had several friends (even the stoic types you would never expect to shed a tear) tell me tearfully afterwards that it really was the most perfect ceremony they had ever attended.

Alisa struck a wonderful balance between traditional and non-traditional elements, poignancy and humor. The fact that she can so deeply personalize the experience in a way that makes it simple and streamlined really impressed me. This is a celebrant who respects the fact you might be overwhelmed and bogged down with the details, so she really makes the most of the time and energy you can commit. Her poise and delivery are impeccable, and her whole persona radiates a genuine appreciation of everything that new couples are celebrating. This is someone whose love of her job is infectious. Alisa enriched every element of our special day that she touched.

Sent on 07/10/2015

James · Married on 05/30/2015

We are so lucky to have found Alisa and truly believe that our wedding would not have been so perfect without her. Alisa Tongg is the Celebrant who makes dream ceremonies come to life. She asks the questions that allow you to share your deepest feelings for your future husband or wife and then creates a ceremony that gets more beautiful each time you hear it.

We and our family and friends cannot say enough great things about her. She gave us a personalized ceremony that touched everyone's hearts. Multiple guests said that they would love to have Alisa do their wedding when it is their turn to get married.

Thank you so much Alisa for giving us a ceremony that we will want to replay over and over again!

Forever Grateful,
    Jayne and James Lisi

Sent on 06/07/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/29/2015

Alisa Tongg is absolutely amazing, and working with her was such a wonderful experience!! She created a handcrafted ceremony that reflected perfectly our unique story, and the love that we share for each other! She made the wedding feel intimate, and our families and guests feel included. It by far surpassed our expectations! So many of our guest commented on how great she was, and mentioned how much better they feel like they know us as a couple, after hearing our story told through her words. I cannot say enough good things about her!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Alisa was nothing short of amazing! She put together the most wonderful, unique ceremony for us. We had guests telling us all night how beautiful it was and different from anything they had seen before. We are SO thrilled with how the ceremony turned out, and all due to Alisa! I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Robert · Married on 05/22/2015

I have not read the other reviews here about Alisa. I don't have to, I know they are fantastic. (I was right, wasn't I?) What a great experience it was getting to tell our story and share our marriage vow through a wonderful celebrant, who truly sees the big picture and can make others see it as well. To allow someone to preside over such a moment requires a certain amount of trust. Alisa proved fully worthy of that trust. (Crying a little bit right now!) Alisa facilitated a great sharing of mutual support and love and joy for everyone at our wedding. Thank you, Alisa!

• Javier

Javier · Married on 05/22/2015

Dear Alisa, we’d like to say a sincere and heartfelt thank you for helping us create the most beautiful and memorable day in our lives. You made the ceremony truly special and unique, you connected with people and they listened to your every word. We specially appreciated how you adapted to the flow… like when our dog Bodhi was crying, you talked to him and everyone laugh, or when folks continued to hug and kiss during the “PASSING OF THE PEACE” part of the ceremony, you said that was the longest “PASSING OF THE PEACE” you had ever seen, we saw people so moved, that they both laugh and cried. You are an awesome Celebrant & Story Teller. Thank You for being there for us and telling our story.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Alisa is absolutely amazing! She took all of the hopes and dreams my husband and I had for our wedding ceremony (that it would be about us, our love story, and our hopes and plans for the future) and made it a beautiful reality. There really wasn't a dry eye- our photographer and his assistant even cried! When my husband and I went table to table to greet our guests, every single person I spoke with said how absolutely beautiful, personal and touching our ceremony was. Multiple men admitted that they cried- and that they never cry. So many people said it was the best ceremony they've ever witnessed. It was exactly how Jon and I envisioned our wedding and Alisa made it all possible. She is professional, personable, really took the time to get to know Jon and I and obviously put a lot of time and energy into telling our love story. I honestly cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

S · Married on 12/28/2014

Alisa did an amazing job crafting the most memorable ceremony for our wedding! From our first Skype conversation we knew that Alisa would be attentive, detail oriented and thoughtful in her process- it was very clear that she is passionate about her craft! She seamlessly incorporated all of our requests and helped guide us through the oftentimes stressful planning process of preparing for a wedding. Alisa always possessed a calming presence and was very flexible and open minded to our needs. She even helped our families organize themselves during our photo session! She was the best celebrant a bride could ask for on her wedding day!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Carly · Married on 11/15/2014

My husband and I were married 11/15/14 in Philadelphia and hired Alisa to perform our wedding ceremony. From our initial skype meeting. through the entire planning process, Alisa was full of energy and truly listened and got to know us. She created an extremely personal ceremony, that wasn't only memorable for Branden and I, but left quite an impression on our guests. Family and friends walked away with their hearts full of love and quite a few tears of joy. Alisa uses her talents to weave a couple's story into the traditional aspects of a wedding ceremony. This is done in the tone of the couple, whether that be romantic, witty, poignant, you name it. She allowed us to play an active role in creating our story and selecting moments of our lives together to hightlght. We were encouraged to invite family and friends to be part of the ceremony in many different ways! We chose a handfasting ritual and passing of the peace (similar to "peace be with you" in a catholic service).
    On a more technical level, Alisa was incredibly professional. She confidently guided us through the process, responded to messages very quickly, was organized, clear with her thoughts and presentation. On our wedding day she arrived early and greeted us at Vie with a BIG smile. During the ceremony she spoke with a carefully rehearsed articulation so all guests could hear and feel equally included throughout. She was warm and polite to our parents, bridal parties (children included!) and venue staff. I am confident Alisa will put as much care and consideration into planning your wedding as she did for ours!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Heather · Married on 10/25/2014

All of our vendors were amazing and Alisa was no different. She created a completely unique, personal and intimate ceremony for us. We had so many compliments about how personal the ceremony was and it was exactly what we were going for.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Bee · Married on 10/04/2014

My husband and I got married on 10-4-14. We decided not to do a church wedding, but I also was not content with a judge or mayor marrying us. We wanted something special, personal and spiritual. Alisa could not have provided more of a unique, personal ceremony for us. From day 1, which was a FaceTime intro, she made me feel calm and relaxed. We did not meet until the night before the wedding, but I felt like I knew her for the entire time. She asked us to fill out a questionnaire separately and based our "love story" portion of our ceremony off of our answers. She nailed it. Alisa was able to summarize our love and journey in eloquent words and passion. We received SO many compliment on how great our ceremony was and were told numerous times we had the "most beautiful ceremony" people have ever seen. So, don't hesitate-- if you're looking for someone to make your ceremony the most special part of your wedding, go with Alisa.. We're so happy we did!!! She's awesome! :)

Sent on 10/21/2014

Jill · Married on 10/03/2014

If you want a personal and meaningful ceremony, you must contact Alisa! She's amazing!!!:) All of our guests raved about our ceremony. She puts her heart into writing the perfect ceremony for you! We feel very fortunate to have found her!!!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Denise · Married on 09/27/2014

When we got engaged, my now husband and I wanted a ceremony that would focus on our relationship and who we were as a couple and individuals. We were so lucky to find Alisa as she captured what we were looking for. From the first call to the final steps towards the altar, she was engaged and informative. She answered all of our questions in a timely manner and made sure to check with us before our ceremony to keep us informed. Her excitement for our marriage showed throughout the whole planning and it made us happy and comfortable to have someone share the same sentiment.

The ceremony was beyond beautiful and captured who were were and our love story perfectly. We received so many compliments from our guests about how personal and beautiful it was. Our guests felt like they were a part of the moment and loved how it captured the essence of what a wedding was. Alisa listened to us and what we wanted and turned it into such a beautiful memory for us to have for our new life together.

Alisa, thank you so much for making our ceremony beautiful beyond words. It was such a pleasure working with you and having you be a part of our special day. We could not be any happier. You are amazing at what you do!

Love, the Lees <3

Sent on 09/29/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/20/2014

Alisa did a great job with our wedding. Finding an officiant was probably one of the most difficult things for my Husband and I when planning our wedding. When I first talked to Alisa I knew I'd love her right off the bat. She was professional, detail oriented, and on time. What she did with our ceremony and the beautiful speech she prepared was just amazing. I was nervous we'd never find an officiant we'd love but Alisa exceeded our expectations. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Alex · Married on 09/20/2014

Alisa made our wedding. We did not set out to find such a creatively involved celebrant but after chatting with some of the standard ministers that offer secular ceremonies we quickly understood that we needed something more. Alisa dug deep into our stories and created a ceremony that truly reflected who we are and why we decided to become a family. Many close friends and family members later told us that they loved learning new things about my and my husband’s history together. At no point did we feel like we were doing something just because that’s what people do at weddings or that our names were just plugged into some script. We had a blast and are so glad we found Alisa to make the ceremony our own. One of my aunts insists that Alisa will officiate her daughter’s wedding even though she’s not getting married any time soon. We recommend Alisa 110%.

Sent on 11/23/2014