Alisa Tongg Reviews

186 | Stroudsburg, PA

186 Reviews for Alisa Tongg

Glenanne · Married on 09/17/2016

Alisa was INCREDIBLE!!! We absolutely loved our ceremony, it was so so personal. Our guests continued all night to compliment our ceremony, they all loved it. She was such a pleasure to work with!! Her involvement made our day truly truly special and I could not recommend her more strongly.

Sent on 09/19/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

Alisa was absolutely AMAZING and the BEST decision we made for our wedding. We drove out to meet her in person about a year before the wedding and she was immediately warm, genuine, and down-to-earth…we left our meeting and looked at each other and said “this is it…she is perfect!” Alisa was able to create a beautiful interfaith ceremony that celebrated the beautiful traditions we both wanted to incorporate into our day. When she arrived at the venue the morning of our wedding, she embraced our family with genuine warmth, one that our parents so appreciated. Our ceremony was breathtaking – everyone is still talking about how much they loved Alisa! We can’t even begin to thank Alisa for everything that she has done for us; she is an incredible and unique person, one that we wish we could keep in our lives!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/08/2016

This is going to be hard to capture in words. Every single guests made it a point to tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony. They all pointed out how customized it was to our story and our journey as a couple, it matched our personalities to a T. There was not one dry eye and there were tons of laughs that kept the ceremony engaging for all of our guests. Alisa captured our love story so perfectly, I cannot recommend her enough! If you are looking for a truly customized ceremony that provides a moment for your guests to feel the love between you two Alisa will do that and more! We had amazing touches like sage burning, a beautiful circle of love made of olive branches and flowers that our guests contributed too and a unity glass ceremony for the grooms children to be involved. When I think back on this day the ceremony is the first thing that comes to mind, we love reliving and rereading the beautiful words Alisa created.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jess · Married on 09/04/2016

Alisa deserves 5 stars in all categories. There are truly not enough amazing things I could say about her and the entire process. When I first spoke to her, I knew she would be great to work with and she would create a ceremony that was perfect for us. She got to know us, listened to our story, and perfectly put it into words. Not only did she create a great ceremony, but she was so captivating delivering it on the wedding day. So many of my guests said the ceremony was perfect and that they loved Alisa! I would recommend her to anyone looking for an unforgettable ceremony and perfect wedding day.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Tori · Married on 09/03/2016

Alisa is everything you could ever hope for when having a custom wedding ceremony. So personal, so detail oriented and so sweet. She made all my ceremony dreams come true. It felt so good to hear loved ones and friends tell us it was the best ceremony they have ever been to. Thank you thank you thank you Alisa. ??

Sent on 09/27/2016

Mackenzie · Married on 09/02/2016

Choosing Alisa to be your celebrant should be one of the easiest decisions you make in wedding planning. I found her consistently glowing reviews online and then watched some videos of her ceremonies and was so blown away by her presence that I never really considered anyone else. Our guests all told us how special they thought our ceremony was, and that they never knew a wedding ceremony could be so interesting and tailor-made for the couple. If you’re looking for a unique ceremony and want it to be a memorable part of your wedding day, you can find no one better than Alisa. The process of creating your ceremony is relatively easy and she’ll help you get whatever traditions you want included. She’s much better than having a friend be your celebrant because she’s a professional, and can provide unwavering support during the planning process and the day of (and also give honeymoon tips if you’re going to Hawaii). I would encourage everyone to at least schedule a time to talk with Alisa and I think you’ll find the decision to book her as your celebrant will be an easy one after you confirm that the amazing presence she has shines even on skype!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Kaylee · Married on 08/29/2016

If your looking for someone to make your day beautiful and feel super personal look no further than Alisa!!
    I reached out and contacted her saying I was interested she almost immediately contacted me back giving me all her info. After begging my fiancé to let us have her and I'd make compromises on other wedding aspects he said yes.
    Through the next few month contact was easy Alisa doesn't make you wait.
    Alisa also doesn't just keep it business either. She wants to get to know you, keep in contact about your life even as far as social media (I love her Instagram ). Which is great because leading up to the moment you finally get to meet her in person it's like meeting up with an old friend.
    The day of the wedding she shows up ,on time,looking beautiful and gives the best hug. Before the ceremony she gets involved with everything. She talked to all the flower girls she helped my bridesmaids and the photographer out. If anything doesn't look right she is not afraid to get personal and help out.
    I will also say if you don't tell everyone all about her they will rant and rave about how wonderful she is. All my girls were complementing her like crazy. All you'll hear is how nice and helpful she is, how funny she is, and how fierce her hair looks haha!
    Jump to ceremony time, she makes sure that everyone knows where they need to be and when. She speaks eloquently and with great diction. When she speaks you can feel your story coming to life for all to see and feel. There are also a lot of mini ceremonies that you can incorporate into the wedding that Alisa will be happy to help with I chose a hand fasting and a certificate signing, they help add a personal touch to everything.

I honestly don't know what more to say !
    As Shia Labeouf and Nike would say "just do it !"
    You will not regret it at all !

Sent on 09/02/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2016

Alisa is the type of person who will give you the shoes off of her feet, literally. After our ceremony, my feet aching, Alisa ran to her car, gave me a pair of flip flops and basically saved the day. Ladies and Gents, this is the kind of person you want working with you on your wedding day. When my fiance and I first spoke with Alisa we ended the Skype call and immediately agreed that we needed to make it happen. This was the easiest wedding decision that we made. If you work with Alisa, you will have the most personalized, emotional and beautiful ceremony that your guests will ever hear. We've only been back for a few days, but we've gotten emails and calls from people asking who our officiant was and telling us how it's one of the best ceremonies they've heard. My advice to brides and grooms is to remember why you are all gathered, the ceremony. A lot of things didn't go exactly as planned with the flowers and the decorations and I won't remember any of that, but I will always, always remember our ceremony and looking at our guests and seeing them laugh and cry with us - those memories are priceless to me. To top it off, Alisa is about the sweetest, kindest person you will meet, you won't regret working with her!!! xox

Sent on 09/06/2016

From our very first Skype conversation with Alisa to our wedding day, Alisa was amazing. We were actually married in private five years before at the courthouse, so our ceremony was a very emotional moment for us as we shared with friends and family our happiness. We also had the added challenge of blending in a traditional Vietnamese tea ceremony with the modern elements, but Alisa took it on enthusiastically and offered ideas to seamlessly work them together. She really listened to who we are as a couple, what we wanted our ceremony to feel like, and was able to convey it in a beautiful ceremony.

Many guests shared with us after that it was the most beautiful ceremony they’d ever been to, and that it was in a word, elegant. My partner and I were running late for the day-of rehearsal, and when I was flustered, I almost gave into the demands of other people on where to stand. I appreciated that Alisa paused and affirmed that it was absolutely about what I wanted for my vision. She is genuine, kind, and truly the most professional person we worked with for our wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Dana · Married on 07/21/2016

Alisa was wonderful. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted for an elopement-style pop-up wedding. Even though it was a small wedding and a bit more casual, the professionalism and care that she put into making it special was amazing. She was a calming force on an almost-stressful day and truly made the moment about "celebrating". We cannot recommend her services enough. THANK YOU, Alisa.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Alisa wrote the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony for us. It was sacred without being religious and felt genuine through and through. We received a ton of comments from our guests, many said they have never paid such attention to a ceremony and were pulled in by the story Alisa wove for them. Alisa was available since booking for questions and got to know us so she could incorporate our story honestly. She reviewed our vows and offered comments. You can tell she takes her work very seriously and we can't say how much we appreciate the special and unique ceremony she put together for us.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Allison · Married on 06/04/2016

I can't say enough amazing things about Alisa. She went above and beyond to create the wedding ceremony of our dreams. We had compliment after compliment from our wedding guests on how personal and unique our ceremony was. Many guests said they had never heard anything like it before. Alisa took the time to learn about our relationship and our wishes for our wedding ceremony. She even reviewed our vows and helped to make suggestions to ensure they were perfect for our special day. I would recommend Alisa to any couple who is looking for a ceremony they will always remember!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Vi · Married on 05/20/2016

Where do I even begin! Amazingggg isn't even good enough to describe Alisa. She's absolutely the BEST person you could get if you want a memorable ceremony. Let's be honest, I always hear most people hate attending wedding ceremonies because they're boring. But isn't that a huge part of a wedding day? Of course the partying afterwards is fun, but the meaningful and emotional part of the day is the actual ceremony. After researching like crazy for someone to do our ceremony, I came across Alisa's reviews and website and the following morning I told my fiancé I had found the person. At the time, I didn't even know Alisa would do what she actually would do. I just read that it was personal and used details of the relationship, but I mean, never in a million years would I ever imagine she'd come up with the beautiful ceremony that she did! When we got our first draft we were blown away. We couldn't believe she wrote the way she wrote, included all the details she did, and made it something that seemed out of a fairy tale. She was so helpful in giving advice on what our ceremony needed or didn't need, knew what would make it more special, and even wanted to coordinate her outfit with our wedding colors. When we finally met her in person on the day of the wedding, I was so excited! I gave her a huge hug bc she truly felt like a close friend! I seriously love her! My fiancé didn't want me to read our drafts too much because he was afraid it would lose its meaning for the big day. I couldn't resist though, I read that thing probably at least 50 times in secret bc I loved it so much. And then on the big day, still got super emotional and loved every part bc her voice is calming but powerful. She really knows how to capture a room! She's gorgeous inside and out. Tears and laughs throughout! Book her!!! One of the best decisions we ever made while planning our special day!!!

Sent on 05/22/2016

We absolutely loved working with Alisa for our recent wedding! The process of actually creating the story for our ceremony was really fun & enjoyable. The ceremony itself was perfect, thanks to Alisa! She was able to make the ceremony so personal & sincere - many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony and appreciated the personal touches. Alisa was also kind enough to snap some photos of us before & after the ceremony and emailed them to us the next day, which we thought was so nice. Alisa was an absolute pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend her for other couples!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Katelyn · Married on 04/02/2016

All my husband and I wanted on our wedding day was to share our love story with our closest friends and family. We weren’t adding religious elements to the ceremony, and it was important to us that it felt personal and inclusive.

After our initial Skype meeting, we had no doubt that we wanted Alisa to tell our story. She is a true professional, incredibly responsive, and so very talented at what she does. She has a positive energy that makes her a delight to be around—in fact, though I ‘met’ her for the first time on the day of my wedding, she felt like an old friend joining in the fun!

The ceremony was PERFECT. If I may quote one of our guests…“there were grown men crying!” During the cocktail hour and reception, as we made our way around the room to greet our guests, countless friends and family members remarked on how “beautiful”, “romantic”, “emotional”, and “personal” the ceremony was. In fact, some of our guests are still gushing about Alisa and the ceremony.

After the ceremony, Alisa came into the bridal suite to congratulate us and spend a few private moments with us. She even helped my mom bustle my dress!

Alisa was a dream to work with and we could not be happier. She has our highest recommendation!!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Christine · Married on 01/15/2016

OMG, where do I begin? Alisa was AMAZING. Completely blew my expectations away. Alisa made my ceremony something my guests are still talking about. She took what myself and my husband said about each other, and crafted the most personalized, beautiful story of our love for us and our guests. So many people have complimented me on how perfect our ceremony was. Alisa is one of the sweetest women I've come in contact with. She responds immediately and suggests wonderful unique additions for you to add to create a more special ceremony. Her delivery was meaningful and flawless. If you are reading this, BOOK HER! You will not regret it. If anything, you will be sad she cannot remain in your life as a friend :)

We loved everything you did for us Alisa. The memories you created will last in our hearts forever. Thank you.

Christine & Steve

Sent on 02/20/2016

Connie · Married on 12/19/2015

Selecting Alisa for our ceremony was the best decision we made. From the day she invited us into her home to begin talking about our vision, we knew that we had found the person that we wanted standing with us on the day of our wedding. She provided so many wonderful, fresh ideas, wrote an incredibly touching script and was receptive to all of our requests and thoughts during the process. We saw family members alternating between laughter and tears during the ceremony, having learned intimate details about our relationship that we had not even shared with them. Our audience literally hung on every word, and after the ceremony, one question kept coming our way: "Who is that woman and where did you find her? She is FANTASTIC!" Many assumed she was a close friend, and by the end of the planning process, she was. You've made it this far, so you're halfway home. If you are planning a wedding today, tomorrow or anytime in the future, make sure it is Alisa standing with you on that date. We promise, it will be the best decision you can make! -- Bryan & Connie, 12/19/15

Sent on 12/22/2015

Laura · Married on 11/15/2015

I cannot say enough about how excellent Alisa is. We knew as soon as we met her that she was the perfect person to steer us on the journey we were on. From offering ideas to listening to every wish we had, she exceeded in every way. She was initially someone we wanted to perform our wedding but became so much more. Now we consider her a close friend, and we can't imagine our experience could have been any better. Alisa we can't say enough about how awesome you are !! xxoo

Sent on 12/07/2015

Stacey · Married on 11/15/2015

Thank you Alisa for such an amazing experience. Happy tears and sad tears combined to make a very memorable day, and you were an important part of it. So easy to work with, a great listener and and now a true friend. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough, but please know how important you are to us and we can't say enough about the journey we were on together...
    Love L & S :-)

Sent on 12/07/2015

Andrew · Married on 10/24/2015

Alisa was incredible! We are an interfaith couple, but not particularly religious. My wife was raised celebrating the Jewish Holidays and I was on the Christmas & Easter Church plan. We were looking for someone that would tell our story, and what was special about our relationship. And that's EXACTLY what Alisa did.
    We met Alisa via skype, and instantly felt comfortable with her. She spent the time to truly get to know us, finding out what drew us to each other and why we chose each other as partners. We answered a questionnaire she had prepared, and shortly after we received a rough draft of our customized ceremony. I cried when I read it. How she could have nailed, so perfectly, our story after only knowing us for a short time was truly remarkable.
    The ceremony was perfect. Her timing and delivery was spot on! Our guests couldn’t believe she wasn’t a longtime friend that we had chosen, but rather a professional we had met only a month or so prior. As an added bonus, she’s great at handling curveballs. We made an adjustment to our ceremony just minutes before the event went off, and without a hiccup, Alisa took it in stride.
    I truly can’t say enough good things about Alisa and her craft. We would pick her a hundred times over, and if we ever renew our vows, I’m sure she’ll be receiving a call.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Erin · Married on 10/23/2015

If you are looking for a gorgeous, unique, personalized and truly memorable ceremony, Alisa is your officiant! My husband and I had been lucky enough, when were first dating to see her in action at our friends wedding. We knew she would be our first call once we were engaged, and she was. My husband and I got engaged in Napa, and I was sending her an email from the airport on our way home only a day later. She is the BEST decision we made during the entire wedding planning process.

From the very beginning, she is engaged, genuine and enthusiastic. She is balancing so many ceremonies, yet you are always her priority. Matt and I filled out our couples questionnaire and eagerly awaited the first draft of our ceremony. When we received it, we were on vacation with friends and on our way out to dinner. I though I would read just a bit - BIG mistake, I was a weepy mess. It was the most beautiful love story I had ever heard, and it was ours. Alisa is so tremendously gifted - she is able to take your story, what you love about your partner and what makes you two so perfect for one another and weave it all together magically into a fairytale for all your guests to enjoy. We knew our ceremony was going to be the most important part of our day and it was seamless and beautiful thanks for Alisa. She goes the extra mile and the best part? We still keep in touch! Long after you've said 'I do,' you'll hear from Alisa. We were lucky enough to have a videographer and I've watched our ceremony at least 10,000 time already. There wasn't a dry eye there that day! Alisa is so gifted, even our servers and bartenders were crying. The best decision you will ever make is working with Alisa - she is simply amazing.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Amber · Married on 10/17/2015

Alisa was amazing! My simple advice is to book her, do not stress over every review like I did! Alisa was amazing and made us feel comfortable through the entire process. She was a huge help when we decided to write our own vows and made our ceremony so personal, everyone was asking if she was a family member or long time friend. Guests will RAVE about her ceremony, in a way i have never heard guests go on about the ceremony. If you are reading this, you are already juggling so much. Alisa is an easy choice, book her. She is fabulous. :)

Sent on 10/17/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

Alisa gave us the most perfect start to our marriage. She created a wedding ceremony from our questionnaires that transformed our words into that of a true love story. Leading up to the wedding she was so incredibly responsive and professional in all the emails we sent back and forth.

When we finally met on the wedding day she did not feel like a stranger, the warmth of her presence made it feel like we had known each for some time. Alisa went above and beyond for us on the day of our wedding and not just with her deliverance in our ceremony. She was there to help us in any way she possibly could from helping us tidy up our room a bit, full of photo and video suggestions, ensuring that I had eaten something, and being there with calming words when my mother had ripped her dress.

Once our ceremony began her beautiful soft voice began to share our unique love story to all those who were present, all my nerves melted away. The way she brings your story to life with her words and her voice is simply magical. We received so so many compliments and inquiries about Alisa. Most of our guests told us they had never heard such a unique ceremony and truly appreciated hearing our story.

Honestly, we could go on for days about Alisa and how truly happy she made us. There could not have been a better person to tell our story and thus leave us with the most beautiful memory of our wedding day. Thank you again Alisa!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Katelyn · Married on 10/10/2015

While planning our wedding, we knew we wanted our ceremony to be meaningful and different. We are both non-religious people and wanted our ceremony to celebrate each other, our love and the love our friends and family have for us and we have for them. Alisa was the perfect celebrant, story-teller and all-around loveliest person for the job! From our first conversation via email, then phone, then a Sunday afternoon meeting around her dining room table we knew we had made the right choice. Alisa gave us the most beautiful gift of a meaningful ceremony with the most thoughtful details (circle of love, ring blessings, wine box love letters and seven steps into the sunset) that made the entire room swell with love. Our guests truly felt like they had a part in marrying us (my goal all along)! Thank you Alisa for our "best day ever!" YAY! xoxo, Katelyn & Lee

Sent on 11/28/2015

Christine · Married on 09/26/2015

We just had our wedding ceremony last weekend and were fortunate enough to have Alisa Tongg as our celebrant. Out of all of the bits and pieces and vendors that needed to be worked out for our rather large wedding, Alisa was by far the most congenial. She is punctual, friendly, and very organized. A true professional. She took us on with pretty short notice considering how thoroughly she captured our story. I really do mean captured. I asked her to help our guests get to know us if they didn’t already and she did that and more. We got to work with her on drafts of our ceremony which was worded very eloquently. She gave us questionnaires and then used that information to make a very cohesive story of our relationship up to the day of our wedding. When the big day came she arrived in a lovely dress that complimented our colors and was incredibly helpful in wrangling our myriad of guests. She even helped me out in the minutes before our ceremony by steaming my veil. We could not have dreamt up a better person to be our celebrant. Thank you again Alisa for all of your help!

Sent on 10/02/2015