Alisa Tongg Reviews

174 | Stroudsburg, PA

174 Reviews for Alisa Tongg

Allison · Married on 06/04/2016

I can't say enough amazing things about Alisa. She went above and beyond to create the wedding ceremony of our dreams. We had compliment after compliment from our wedding guests on how personal and unique our ceremony was. Many guests said they had never heard anything like it before. Alisa took the time to learn about our relationship and our wishes for our wedding ceremony. She even reviewed our vows and helped to make suggestions to ensure they were perfect for our special day. I would recommend Alisa to any couple who is looking for a ceremony they will always remember!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Vi · Married on 05/20/2016

Where do I even begin! Amazingggg isn't even good enough to describe Alisa. She's absolutely the BEST person you could get if you want a memorable ceremony. Let's be honest, I always hear most people hate attending wedding ceremonies because they're boring. But isn't that a huge part of a wedding day? Of course the partying afterwards is fun, but the meaningful and emotional part of the day is the actual ceremony. After researching like crazy for someone to do our ceremony, I came across Alisa's reviews and website and the following morning I told my fiancé I had found the person. At the time, I didn't even know Alisa would do what she actually would do. I just read that it was personal and used details of the relationship, but I mean, never in a million years would I ever imagine she'd come up with the beautiful ceremony that she did! When we got our first draft we were blown away. We couldn't believe she wrote the way she wrote, included all the details she did, and made it something that seemed out of a fairy tale. She was so helpful in giving advice on what our ceremony needed or didn't need, knew what would make it more special, and even wanted to coordinate her outfit with our wedding colors. When we finally met her in person on the day of the wedding, I was so excited! I gave her a huge hug bc she truly felt like a close friend! I seriously love her! My fiancé didn't want me to read our drafts too much because he was afraid it would lose its meaning for the big day. I couldn't resist though, I read that thing probably at least 50 times in secret bc I loved it so much. And then on the big day, still got super emotional and loved every part bc her voice is calming but powerful. She really knows how to capture a room! She's gorgeous inside and out. Tears and laughs throughout! Book her!!! One of the best decisions we ever made while planning our special day!!!

Sent on 05/22/2016

We absolutely loved working with Alisa for our recent wedding! The process of actually creating the story for our ceremony was really fun & enjoyable. The ceremony itself was perfect, thanks to Alisa! She was able to make the ceremony so personal & sincere - many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony and appreciated the personal touches. Alisa was also kind enough to snap some photos of us before & after the ceremony and emailed them to us the next day, which we thought was so nice. Alisa was an absolute pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend her for other couples!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Katelyn · Married on 04/02/2016

All my husband and I wanted on our wedding day was to share our love story with our closest friends and family. We weren’t adding religious elements to the ceremony, and it was important to us that it felt personal and inclusive.

After our initial Skype meeting, we had no doubt that we wanted Alisa to tell our story. She is a true professional, incredibly responsive, and so very talented at what she does. She has a positive energy that makes her a delight to be around—in fact, though I ‘met’ her for the first time on the day of my wedding, she felt like an old friend joining in the fun!

The ceremony was PERFECT. If I may quote one of our guests…“there were grown men crying!” During the cocktail hour and reception, as we made our way around the room to greet our guests, countless friends and family members remarked on how “beautiful”, “romantic”, “emotional”, and “personal” the ceremony was. In fact, some of our guests are still gushing about Alisa and the ceremony.

After the ceremony, Alisa came into the bridal suite to congratulate us and spend a few private moments with us. She even helped my mom bustle my dress!

Alisa was a dream to work with and we could not be happier. She has our highest recommendation!!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Christine · Married on 01/15/2016

OMG, where do I begin? Alisa was AMAZING. Completely blew my expectations away. Alisa made my ceremony something my guests are still talking about. She took what myself and my husband said about each other, and crafted the most personalized, beautiful story of our love for us and our guests. So many people have complimented me on how perfect our ceremony was. Alisa is one of the sweetest women I've come in contact with. She responds immediately and suggests wonderful unique additions for you to add to create a more special ceremony. Her delivery was meaningful and flawless. If you are reading this, BOOK HER! You will not regret it. If anything, you will be sad she cannot remain in your life as a friend :)

We loved everything you did for us Alisa. The memories you created will last in our hearts forever. Thank you.

Christine & Steve

Sent on 02/20/2016

Connie · Married on 12/19/2015

Selecting Alisa for our ceremony was the best decision we made. From the day she invited us into her home to begin talking about our vision, we knew that we had found the person that we wanted standing with us on the day of our wedding. She provided so many wonderful, fresh ideas, wrote an incredibly touching script and was receptive to all of our requests and thoughts during the process. We saw family members alternating between laughter and tears during the ceremony, having learned intimate details about our relationship that we had not even shared with them. Our audience literally hung on every word, and after the ceremony, one question kept coming our way: "Who is that woman and where did you find her? She is FANTASTIC!" Many assumed she was a close friend, and by the end of the planning process, she was. You've made it this far, so you're halfway home. If you are planning a wedding today, tomorrow or anytime in the future, make sure it is Alisa standing with you on that date. We promise, it will be the best decision you can make! -- Bryan & Connie, 12/19/15

Sent on 12/22/2015

Laura · Married on 11/15/2015

I cannot say enough about how excellent Alisa is. We knew as soon as we met her that she was the perfect person to steer us on the journey we were on. From offering ideas to listening to every wish we had, she exceeded in every way. She was initially someone we wanted to perform our wedding but became so much more. Now we consider her a close friend, and we can't imagine our experience could have been any better. Alisa we can't say enough about how awesome you are !! xxoo

Sent on 12/07/2015

Stacey · Married on 11/15/2015

Thank you Alisa for such an amazing experience. Happy tears and sad tears combined to make a very memorable day, and you were an important part of it. So easy to work with, a great listener and and now a true friend. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough, but please know how important you are to us and we can't say enough about the journey we were on together...
    Love L & S :-)

Sent on 12/07/2015

Andrew · Married on 10/24/2015

Alisa was incredible! We are an interfaith couple, but not particularly religious. My wife was raised celebrating the Jewish Holidays and I was on the Christmas & Easter Church plan. We were looking for someone that would tell our story, and what was special about our relationship. And that's EXACTLY what Alisa did.
    We met Alisa via skype, and instantly felt comfortable with her. She spent the time to truly get to know us, finding out what drew us to each other and why we chose each other as partners. We answered a questionnaire she had prepared, and shortly after we received a rough draft of our customized ceremony. I cried when I read it. How she could have nailed, so perfectly, our story after only knowing us for a short time was truly remarkable.
    The ceremony was perfect. Her timing and delivery was spot on! Our guests couldn’t believe she wasn’t a longtime friend that we had chosen, but rather a professional we had met only a month or so prior. As an added bonus, she’s great at handling curveballs. We made an adjustment to our ceremony just minutes before the event went off, and without a hiccup, Alisa took it in stride.
    I truly can’t say enough good things about Alisa and her craft. We would pick her a hundred times over, and if we ever renew our vows, I’m sure she’ll be receiving a call.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Erin · Married on 10/23/2015

If you are looking for a gorgeous, unique, personalized and truly memorable ceremony, Alisa is your officiant! My husband and I had been lucky enough, when were first dating to see her in action at our friends wedding. We knew she would be our first call once we were engaged, and she was. My husband and I got engaged in Napa, and I was sending her an email from the airport on our way home only a day later. She is the BEST decision we made during the entire wedding planning process.

From the very beginning, she is engaged, genuine and enthusiastic. She is balancing so many ceremonies, yet you are always her priority. Matt and I filled out our couples questionnaire and eagerly awaited the first draft of our ceremony. When we received it, we were on vacation with friends and on our way out to dinner. I though I would read just a bit - BIG mistake, I was a weepy mess. It was the most beautiful love story I had ever heard, and it was ours. Alisa is so tremendously gifted - she is able to take your story, what you love about your partner and what makes you two so perfect for one another and weave it all together magically into a fairytale for all your guests to enjoy. We knew our ceremony was going to be the most important part of our day and it was seamless and beautiful thanks for Alisa. She goes the extra mile and the best part? We still keep in touch! Long after you've said 'I do,' you'll hear from Alisa. We were lucky enough to have a videographer and I've watched our ceremony at least 10,000 time already. There wasn't a dry eye there that day! Alisa is so gifted, even our servers and bartenders were crying. The best decision you will ever make is working with Alisa - she is simply amazing.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Amber · Married on 10/17/2015

Alisa was amazing! My simple advice is to book her, do not stress over every review like I did! Alisa was amazing and made us feel comfortable through the entire process. She was a huge help when we decided to write our own vows and made our ceremony so personal, everyone was asking if she was a family member or long time friend. Guests will RAVE about her ceremony, in a way i have never heard guests go on about the ceremony. If you are reading this, you are already juggling so much. Alisa is an easy choice, book her. She is fabulous. :)

Sent on 10/17/2015
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

Alisa gave us the most perfect start to our marriage. She created a wedding ceremony from our questionnaires that transformed our words into that of a true love story. Leading up to the wedding she was so incredibly responsive and professional in all the emails we sent back and forth.

When we finally met on the wedding day she did not feel like a stranger, the warmth of her presence made it feel like we had known each for some time. Alisa went above and beyond for us on the day of our wedding and not just with her deliverance in our ceremony. She was there to help us in any way she possibly could from helping us tidy up our room a bit, full of photo and video suggestions, ensuring that I had eaten something, and being there with calming words when my mother had ripped her dress.

Once our ceremony began her beautiful soft voice began to share our unique love story to all those who were present, all my nerves melted away. The way she brings your story to life with her words and her voice is simply magical. We received so so many compliments and inquiries about Alisa. Most of our guests told us they had never heard such a unique ceremony and truly appreciated hearing our story.

Honestly, we could go on for days about Alisa and how truly happy she made us. There could not have been a better person to tell our story and thus leave us with the most beautiful memory of our wedding day. Thank you again Alisa!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Katelyn · Married on 10/10/2015

While planning our wedding, we knew we wanted our ceremony to be meaningful and different. We are both non-religious people and wanted our ceremony to celebrate each other, our love and the love our friends and family have for us and we have for them. Alisa was the perfect celebrant, story-teller and all-around loveliest person for the job! From our first conversation via email, then phone, then a Sunday afternoon meeting around her dining room table we knew we had made the right choice. Alisa gave us the most beautiful gift of a meaningful ceremony with the most thoughtful details (circle of love, ring blessings, wine box love letters and seven steps into the sunset) that made the entire room swell with love. Our guests truly felt like they had a part in marrying us (my goal all along)! Thank you Alisa for our "best day ever!" YAY! xoxo, Katelyn & Lee

Sent on 11/28/2015

Christine · Married on 09/26/2015

We just had our wedding ceremony last weekend and were fortunate enough to have Alisa Tongg as our celebrant. Out of all of the bits and pieces and vendors that needed to be worked out for our rather large wedding, Alisa was by far the most congenial. She is punctual, friendly, and very organized. A true professional. She took us on with pretty short notice considering how thoroughly she captured our story. I really do mean captured. I asked her to help our guests get to know us if they didn’t already and she did that and more. We got to work with her on drafts of our ceremony which was worded very eloquently. She gave us questionnaires and then used that information to make a very cohesive story of our relationship up to the day of our wedding. When the big day came she arrived in a lovely dress that complimented our colors and was incredibly helpful in wrangling our myriad of guests. She even helped me out in the minutes before our ceremony by steaming my veil. We could not have dreamt up a better person to be our celebrant. Thank you again Alisa for all of your help!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Paige · Married on 09/18/2015

Alisa is simply the best! It's hard to find the words to describe how wonderful Alisa is, both as a celebrant and a person! Working with Alisa was the best decision my (now!) husband and I made and I highly recommend Alisa to anyone! Alisa's ceremony was pure perfection and absolutely beautiful. Our guests are still calling it "the best ceremony they've ever been to!" Working with Alisa was easy and flawless. A few months before we had a skype meeting, followed by a bride and groom questionnaire (which was so much fun to fill out!). Then within a few days, Alisa sent back our first draft ceremony, which was PERFECTION! Closer to the wedding Alisa sent us a little surprise package (I won't spoil it for future brides and grooms!). The day of the wedding, she came to the ceremony early and took pictures of wedding party and us. Those pictures turned out to be the best photos of the wedding! We are so happy we chose Alisa to officiate our wedding! She is simply the best and we know you will be so happy if you chose her too! :)

Sent on 09/23/2015

Rebekah · Married on 08/28/2015

Our ceremony was perfect! Alisa did such a great job of getting to know us and incorporating little things into the ceremony. It was just perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Lisa · Married on 08/23/2015

We loved everything about our wedding and Alisa had a big part in it. From the very beginning, you can tell even from her e-mail correspondence that she has a real passion for what she does. We decided to have a very small wedding but still wanted it to feel special, so we decided to contact Alisa. Her customized ceremony was perfect and everyone who attended said "it was so you guys". I loved that she added little personalized details in the ceremony. We had a little fun and incorporated a German log sawing tradition which definitely made it memorable. Alisa was so professional, accommodating and kind - of course, I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Jen · Married on 08/01/2015

Alisa is an amazing officiant and I highly recommend her to anyone. From the beginning, when my husband and I started our wedding planning, Alisa was involved and helpful. She got to know our love story on a personal level and found ways to incorporate our two children into the ceremony. Alisa's ability to take 4 lives (my husband, our kids and myself) and turn it into a personal story to share with our family and friends is truly remarkable. Upon meeting Alisa in person her positive energy was infectious she went beyond her officiant duties by assisting me with putting on my shoes and entertaining friends/family. I can not explain in words how grateful I am to have found Alisa. She took on a integral role in our wedding and exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Jenny · Married on 07/17/2015

Our experience with Alisa has far exceeded what we imagined our wedding ceremony could be. Early on in the process, I asked Alisa if she would be comfortable planning a ceremony for us that would have an element of surprise- we wanted to wait until our wedding ceremony to hear our story along with family and friends. Alisa was extremely professional while still bringing her warm personality to the planning process. She patiently and quickly answered our all of questions, and fully engaged us so that the ceremony would be a true representation of us as individuals and as a couple.

In a word, our ceremony was magical. Many of our friends and family assumed that Alisa was a friend we had known for years, and I feel confident saying she brings this familiarity and warmth to every ceremony she creates. Of all of the pieces that made our wedding day special, I couldn’t imagine our day without the love, sincerity, and magic that Alisa brought. I would recommend her unconditionally to anyone who is looking for a ceremony that feels authentic and personal. She truly made our ceremony an experience we will always treasure.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Alisa was wonderful to work with. She was able to take our individual stories and make one cohesive one for our ceremony. She had lots of different ideas to involve the guests and to create a one-of-a-kind ceremony. Many of our guests commented that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they ever witnessed. She is a master storyteller!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Leah · Married on 07/11/2015

Alisa made our BIG day perfect! We got married in Stroudsburg, PA on 7/11/15 and Alisa helped tell our love story like it had never been told before. We wanted a ceremony that was US - and we got exactly that. There were tears, giggles and everything inbetween. The personalized process was amazing and we could not have asked for anything more. A number of our wedding guests said that it was the best ceremony they have attended and really appreciated the uniqueness!
    THANK YOU Alisa for making our BIG day a PERFECT day!! xoxo

Sent on 07/13/2015

Teddi · Married on 06/22/2015

After deciding to elope in a rather unconventional way, we had been struggling to find an officiant willing to go along with our crazy plan to hike four miles down a mountain, near a bunch of waterfalls, and get married along the way. Our photographers recommended Alisa, whom they had worked with in the past and held in extremely high regard. We were thrilled when we emailed her and she was up for the challenge! It’s not everywhere that you can find a celebrant to custom craft an extremely intimate and personal wedding ceremony, hike down a mountainside, and wade out into streams to marry you in front of waterfalls on a Monday evening. Alisa couldn’t have been more perfect! We weren’t sure exactly how the ceremony would work, but she brilliant wove it into our hike; we stopped at several magical places on the course of the four mile jaunt for bits and pieces of the ceremony, each more touchingly written and personal than the last. Alisa stood in rushing streams, climbed over rocks and logs, and was a huge help in every way, all with extreme grace, while wearing a glittering gown and hiking boots! She was also a huge help with little details on the day of the ceremony, willing to help fix up hair and makeup or to give a hand when hiking over rough terrain, or to help out with yet another blast of bug spray. I cannot recommend Alisa enough- whether you’re planning a more traditional wedding, or an out-of-the-box elopement, Alisa will craft your ceremony with the utmost care, fill it with your unique personalities, and leave you touched beyond words. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, from the originally email exchanges through the day of the event, she’s a truly wonderful and vibrant person that honestly wants you to have a most memorable and personalized wedding ceremony and will go to lengths to make sure your dreams of an absolutely perfect wedding day come true. I’ll be recommending her to everyone we know.

Sent on 06/27/2015

Stewart · Married on 06/14/2015

If you are looking for a memorable and unique ceremony that is universally lovable and poignant you must hire Alisa Tongg. Alisa made our ceremony the highlight of our big day by taking our guests on an emotional roller-coaster full of laughter, tears and even cheering! Her custom celebrations will wow you, and your partner. Your guests will all tell you your ceremony was by far the most beautiful and memorable wedding they've ever attended. From our friendly Skype chats, questionnaires and email exchanges she crafted a personalized ceremony for us that celebrated our love story. She was always quick to respond to our questions, was extremely professional and always available. Not to mention the fact that she is by far the best-dressed option you can pick for your special day. :-)

When we finally met Alisa in person a couple of hours before our ceremony started it felt like we had already known her for years. In fact the ceremony was so personal and full of anecdotes that our guests were wondering after the fact if she was a long time friend. She was also such a sweetheart that (without being asked) she took a ton of pictures with her iPhone and became the unofficial second shooter of our wedding day :)

Please do not underestimate the role the officiant plays in your wedding day (if you think about it your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding event, and not the choice of entree etc.) and never question Alisa's ability to make your wedding ceremony perfect. I am so earnest and heartfelt about my recommendation of Alisa that if she happens to already be booked on your day, it is worth seriously considering switching your date :)

xo
    Stewart & Eduardo

Sent on 06/16/2015

Eduardo · Married on 06/14/2015

xo
    Stewart & Eduardo

Sent on 06/16/2015

Emily · Married on 06/05/2015

On June 5, Alisa conducted my wedding ceremony against the beautiful backdrop of Ka'anapali Beach on Maui. Because I was engaged to her brother, I was treated to the added intimacy of being married by family. I might be a bit biased, but I had several friends (even the stoic types you would never expect to shed a tear) tell me tearfully afterwards that it really was the most perfect ceremony they had ever attended.

Alisa struck a wonderful balance between traditional and non-traditional elements, poignancy and humor. The fact that she can so deeply personalize the experience in a way that makes it simple and streamlined really impressed me. This is a celebrant who respects the fact you might be overwhelmed and bogged down with the details, so she really makes the most of the time and energy you can commit. Her poise and delivery are impeccable, and her whole persona radiates a genuine appreciation of everything that new couples are celebrating. This is someone whose love of her job is infectious. Alisa enriched every element of our special day that she touched.

Sent on 07/10/2015