143 Reviews for Alisa Tongg, Celebrant

Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Rehearsal (2)
No Denomination (2)
Earth-Based (1)

We are at a loss of words when it comes to explaining how amazing our experience was with Alisa! From day 1, she was so friendly and forth-coming. Always so communicative and ready to help with whatever we needed. We experienced a few changes in our wedding plans, and Alisa was on board through the entire planning process. And it's not just us that can't stop bragging, our family and friends cannot stop ranting and raving about how Alisa truly made the ceremony! She told our love story beautifully, there was not a dry eye in the room. From the minute she walked into the venue, her presence filled the entire room with happiness and joy. Not to mention her outfit was 100% on point! Before the ceremony, she made it a point to communicate between the both of us, and to all of our guests before the ceremony! She was eager to help with anything that anyone needed. We cannot recommend Alisa enough, and certainly cannot say enough about how amazing she truly is! We cannot wait to work with her again sometime soon!

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There are not enough words in the English language to say how amazing our experience with Alisa was. We didn't have a celebrant for most of our engagement, and finding Alisa was hands down our biggest blessing. We had no idea how to go about finding someone to marry us, because almost every wedding we had been to up to ours was in a church, or had a friend or judge marry them. After speaking with Alisa for the first time, we knew she would be perfect, and that's before the winter storm hit the afternoon of our wedding. She traveled most of the day to get to us, and was so professional and sweet about staying in contact with us all day to give updates. There is no other way either of us would have wished to get married. Her ceremony is beyond personal, and everyone in the room truly felt as if she had known us forever. Alisa, you were a dream come true for our wedding, and I could not sing your praises more! We love you!

Profile Picture Janae, 3/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Amazing experience with Alisa!!

Where do I start? We couldn't be happier that we hired Alisa to perform our ceremony! We aren't religious and didn't have any obvious choices on who could/would marry us. At first we weren't that worried about the ceremony (since a lot of times it's usually the part people want to get over with to get to the party), but then I found Alisa and cried while watching the videos she is in performing ceremonies. No one we found while searching could compare to her, and all of a sudden we realized just how important the ceremony is! It shouldn't be something you just rush through. It's the WHOLE point of everyone being there—The two of you getting married! Alisa made our ceremony so beautiful and every person we talked to at the wedding commented on how amazing and perfect it was. People cried happy tears and laughed at the tiny jokes and moments that perfect matched my husband and myself. That's how it should be! One of my friends described it as "so us!" and another one of my friend's said it was one of the few weddings he's attended where you could truly feel how in love we are. I guarantee part of that was because of Alisa and her telling our story so beautifully.

Do yourself a favor and hire her! The ceremony was truly my favorite part of our wedding (and our reception was pretty awesome if I do say so myself), because it was just so meaningful and personal. I'll remember it forever, and part of that is because we invested in Alisa and having something special that completely celebrated us getting married. It also makes the ceremony way more entertaining and meaningful to your guests! I promise you won't regret hiring this amazing lady (who also happens to have seriously awesome fashion sense). She's the best of the best and worth every penny!

Profile Picture Lauren, 2/23/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Alisa was an amazing celebrant! We were so happy with the beautiful ceremony she wrote for our wedding. We very much enjoyed the collaborative process, and the result was amazing - many of our guests commented on how moving our personalized ceremony was. Alisa went above and beyond to make sure our rehearsal ran smoothly, which made the day-of logistics much easier. Alisa also worked well with our wedding planner and other vendors, which we appreciated. We were so happy to work with her!

Profile Picture Harper, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I took a bit of a chance on requesting Alisa to perform our wedding ceremony at her private site based on the reviews that I read. What a great decision! AMAZING! Alisa was fantastic to work with, answering my many questions, and tolerating my fiance's procrastination with ease. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that met our request for something short, sweet, and funny, while including the necessary level of seriousness. She truly went above and beyond, helping fix our wedding cake and welcoming our children as if we were family-friends. I would (and already have) recommend Alisa to perform any ceremony you might need!

Profile Picture Heidi, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alisa was absolutely incredible. She was a part of our love story and ceremony just as much as we were. She included our guests, spoke from the heart and delivered what many have told us the most unique, thoughtful and emotional ceremony they had ever heard. We cannot put into words the feelings experienced during the ceremony and the hours there after. An incredible night which began with an incredible love story told by Alisa, who took the time and energy to get to know us as much as possible. Thank You!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alisa is AMAZING! I will be the first to admit that I did not appreciate what an important role the celebrant/officiant plays in a wedding until we met Alisa. My (now) husband was really into the idea of having a personalized ceremony and I went along with it (but kind of thought that all ceremonies are created equal). Boy was I wrong! We were planning to interview a few different people but as soon as we talked to Alisa on the phone we engaged her on the spot! She takes a wedding ceremony to an entirely new level. She gave us really detailed questionnaires to fill out and was really able to capture the essence of our relationship and what made us "us". When we read the first draft we were completely blown away - it was like she'd known us for years and we hadn't even met her in person! We had a "micro wedding" (a term we learned from Alisa) and she was also instrumental in coming up with special ways to get everyone in attendance involved in the ceremony itself - she even helped me figure out where our ceremony should be located and what time of day in order to make sure the candle lighting portion had the desired effect! Way above and beyond. The minute she arrived on our wedding day we felt like we'd known her for years - she jumped right in fixing boutonnieres and rearranging the ceremony chairs! She even let me pick what she was going to wear! Additionally, she gave us a transcript of the ceremony which is a very meaningful keepsake. I would HIGHLY recommend Alisa - no matter what type of wedding you are having, she will be amazing. Don't think twice!

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When I first met Alisa at a wedding expo (Lovesick expo), my now husband and I were captivated. Not only by her radiating/joyous glow, but by her experience and compassion. We skyped with Alisa various times before the wedding and filled out a lengthy questionnaire in order for her to get to truly know us. She incorporated all of that information into our wedding in such a special "love story you only see in the movies" type of way. When we met with Alisa, we discussed that we would like our wedding to be non-denominational, but with Jewish customs and traditions. We also requested that we wanted our ceremony to be very personal, as we wanted the guests to understand our story. Alisa really came through with all of our requests. There was not a dry eye in the house (all happy tears)! After the ceremony, each guest went up to me and told me how unbelievable the ceremony was and it was the best ceremony they witnessed. One guest said, "Your officiant was able to get into the hearts of every guest and make them believe in love again". I can't thank Alisa enough for everything she has done for us. She made our wedding unforgettable.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were referred to Alisa from a co-worker as someone who would tell your story as if you've known her your entire life. We couldn't be more happier with her preparation and execution. From the initial download to Q&A, script refinement to the big day, Alisa brings a level of professionalism that accentuated the experience. A careful listener and story teller, she was able to weave our different histories and experiences into a ceremony that felt very individualized and personal.
Would certainly recommend to anyone looking for a unique and memorable experience.

Profile Picture Brian, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are 5 months post wedding and we STILL are talking about Alisa. The story she tells is what weddings should be about- the couple, the people they love, the past and the present. It was almost like she floated in like a fairy God Mother and with such grace she took on pinning our nephews boutenieres on, and took care of little details that were so important in the scheme of things. Alisa was a presence you didn’t realize you needed. She was the glue that made our ceremony stick with our guests and was insanely eloquent in deliving our story. From the first meeting with Alisa we knew this was going to be magical and it was nothing short of that. We can’t thank you enough Alisa, we are so happy you were such an integral part of our big day.

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I first met Alisa a year before my wedding when she was the officiant at my best friend’s wedding. I couldn’t stop thinking about how perfect their ceremony was weeks/months afterward. I knew I had to have her at mine as well. My husband (who isn’t fazed by anything) agreed that Alisa would be the PERFECT fit for our wedding day. We wanted something personal, a story written about our love and our life. And that is exactly what Alisa did. She worked with us from the very beginning on our ceremony. It was actually really fun to fill out the questionnaire she sent us because it allowed us to dig deeper and really think about our relationship. Our big day finally arrived and I remember seeing Alisa appear out of nowhere while we were taking pictures. She had a huge smile on her face and she was walking around scoping out the ceremony space. She hung around and chatted for a bit and then went inside to hang with the bridal party. Finally, it was ceremony time. Alisa handles herself with such grace and poise. She is a true professional and you can clearly see how much she loves what she does. Alisa brought so much joy, happiness, tears and laughter to our ceremony. It was better than I could’ve ever imagined. It’s now over a month since our wedding day and I am still having people tell me what an amazing, unique, personalized ceremony it was. Everyone said they have never been to a wedding ceremony like that before and they left learning so much about us as a couple. We can’t thank Alisa enough for her role in our big day. She made it so memorable for us. Alisa, you are one of the most down to earth, genuine human beings I have ever come across and I want to get married again (to the same husband :) ) and have you there doing your thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything.

Profile Picture samantha, 9/15/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Alisa - Thank you for making our wedding ceremony so special. You captured our feelings for each other so beautifully. Your knowledge of both Christian and Jewish traditions helped us blend our cultures and make both families feel included in a way we never could have imagined!!! You have a true gift Alisa, you translated the love we feel into words. You knocked it out of the park and we are so grateful we found you on Instagram!! To all of the engaged couples reading this - book Alisa NOW. Best decision we made.

Xx
Leigh and Steve

Profile Picture Leigh, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

There truly are no words to describe just how wonderful Alisa is! My husband and I were married on September 8th, 2017 in New Hope, PA, and were looking for a celebrant who would provide a non-religious ceremony that was both personal and beautiful. Enter Alisa. From the moment my then-fiance and I chatted with Alisa via Skype to discuss our vision for the day, we knew that we were in good hands with her. She is an incredibly warm person with a calm energy that really helped to relax my nerves on the big day. Alisa tailored the ceremony to us and our love story, and brought the guests to tears. When I was feeling a little lightheaded during the ceremony, I whispered "I need water" to Alisa, and just like magic, she was able to seamlessly make that happen without causing any interruptions. Most of the guests did not even notice this exchange! My husband and I had guests coming up to us throughout the rest of the night raving about the ceremony, saying how much they loved how personal and intimate it felt. We heard quite a few "best ceremony I've ever seen"s as well! Overall, we cannot recommend or thank Alisa enough after giving us the wedding of our dreams. Thank you, Alisa!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alisa is simply the best. She crafted our ceremony just for us according to our wants and needs, made it personal, and made everyone laugh. My mom later said that she was surprised at herself by how moved she was. We had our ceremony at Alisa's property, Promise Ridge. The backdrop was completely stunning. The weather was perfect, and the lovingly adorned Living Wall was just absolutely gorgeous. The ceremony was simple and perfect, and so us. Alisa also was there for us 100% leading up to the wedding - she is a veritable fount of information when it comes to area vendors, and helped us choose a dinner location that you would not find on Google. It was my dream wedding!

Profile Picture Aviva, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Okay, I have to admit, when I was first looking for an officiant, I was scared off by how much booking Alisa would cost. However, as I went down my list of final contenders and spoke on the phone with each of them, there was no one else who was as clearly passionate about wedding ceremonies and excited about writing one JUST for me, and no one else who I connected with right away on a personal level like I did with Alisa. We worked with Alisa long-distance, but she was always available and very responsive via email and phone.

My husband and I got SO MANY compliments on how beautiful and uniquely *us* our ceremony was. Alisa made people laugh without being too lighthearted -- and she really took to heart my concern about not wanting throwaway one-liners or jokes to take away from the gravitas of the occasion -- and she made them cry without being corny or cliche. One of the guests who had never been to a secular wedding before told us how impressed she was by how it was still incredibly special and reverent, and affirming of the serious and spiritual commitment that marriage is, without once mentioning any deity or higher power or anything religious. If you're hemming and hawing about booking Alisa because of the cost, but the ceremony is really important to you, let me tell you that it really is worth every penny!

Profile Picture Teresa, 8/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Agnostic, No Denomination, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Alisa was incredibly amazing in every aspect possible! We found her because of The Knot and instantly knew she was the celebrant for us based on her website. After our first Skype conversation, we knew she had to be our celebrant! We chose to get married at her elopement site, Promise Ridge, and she offered us the best recommendations for other vendors. Our wedding exceeded our expectations and I truly feel that a large portion of that was due to the amazing recommendations (photographer and reception site) from Alisa.

Promise Ridge looked even better than in the pictures, if that's even possible and the ceremony that she wrote for us was phenomenal. She made our love story come alive for our guests and it felt as though I was reliving our entire relationship as she spoke. The ceremony was heartfelt and personal and our guests raved about it the entire night. I would recommend Alisa to anyone in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

If there is one word to describe Alisa, both as a person and as a celebrant, that would be "Amazing". She is so inspirational and is full of positive energy. She was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable from the very start. Not only did she make our day extra special for us, but for our guests as well. All of our guests, including ourselves, were blown away by the set up at Promise Ridge. She crafted our ceremony perfectly and made it very intimate and personal, and also added some humor in there as well. Working with Alisa was truly a great experience and we hope to work with her again in the future. We recommend Alisa 110%!!!

Profile Picture N&D, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If I could give Alisa Tongg a ten star rating I would. As soon as I met her it felt like I've known her for years! She officiated my vow renewal at her beautiful location Promise Ridge (which is completely indescribable and surpassed all of my expectations for an outdoor elopement/vow renewal) She told our story so beautifully. The atmosphere that she created for us made me feel like I was in a different world or dreaming!

Profile Picture Kailer, 7/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alisa is amazing. She crafted a secular ceremony that had weight and meaning and was just the right amount of personal. It was, without question, the best part of my wedding day—and it buoyed me with a sense of pure joy that carried me through the rest of the night. And everyone who witnessed it felt the same way; we’ve received so many heartfelt compliments on the celebration she curated. Working with Alisa is incredibly special, and I highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Julia, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From start to finish, our experience with Alisa has been ah-mazing! We were looking for a non-traditional, non-religious ceremony that told our love story and that was personable ... boy did she deliver! Everyone could not stop raving about our ceremony! I would recommend Alisa 1000x over in a heart beat! Having her officiate our ceremony was the best decision we made!

Profile Picture Connie, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alisa was amazing! From our first meeting we knew she was the perfect person to tell our love story! She easily put into words our love we could not find the words to describe. She made our family and friends part of the ceremony which we will treasure forever! She made our special day even more amazing than we could have ever imagined! Thank you Alisa! We will highly recommend you to all and everyone !

Profile Picture Denise, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alisa has such incredible talent and elegance that anyone who interacts with her will see immediately. My husband and I had the privilege of having Alisa write our love story from the time we were in high school up until present day. I could not have asked for a more perfect rendition filled with multi-cultural details. She is very accommodating and filled with brilliant ideas. It certainly does't hurt that she is gorgeous as well. Anyone considering a celebrant, look no further. Guests have given me so much feedback on how lovely and unique that they thought our ceremony was, and it wouldn't have been as perfect if it weren't for Alisa!

Profile Picture Corinne, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The most important part of any wedding day is the ceremony- its the reason everyone is there! As such, if you want the most perfect ceremony, hire Alisa! She will make everyone laugh and cry. She creates YOUR ceremony from YOUR own love story, making it unique, beautiful and intimate. I cannot recommend her enough. And if you are looking for a small intimate wedding, look into getting married at her elopement location "Promise Ridge". It is the most perfect location if you are looking for a romantic and dreamy ceremony location. Thank you Alisa for making our day perfect.

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I can not say enough amazing things about Alisa. I knew I wanted our ceremony to be meaningful.... an expression of our love and for it to be personal. I came across Alisa's page by searching for non religious officiants. From the moment I first connected with her, I knew she was just the vibe we were going for. She was warm and sweet and had a calming way about her.
She sent me and my fiancé questionnaires to fill out and send back, not knowing what each other had written. From there, Alisa wrote the most beautiful and touching ceremony. We went back and forth a few times on edits, and in the end, I knew we had something really special.
At the ceremony, Alisa was dressed so beautifully! She really made an effort to fit in with our theme and I really appreciated it. I loved listening to her tell our love story, her voice was so calming and assuring. Even though I'd read our final draft of the ceremony, it sounded so lovely coming from her.
We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Many people said they had never heard anything like it and that they loved hearing our story. Overall, it felt so intimate and personal and I was thrilled to have chosen Alisa as our officiant.
She is a remarkable person and did an amazing job.
Book her ASAP for a beautiful, personalized and special ceremony built around the love between you and your partner. She is the best!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 3/25/17, 1 Review