155 Reviews for Alisa Tongg, Celebrant

No Denomination (3)
Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Rehearsal (2)
Earth-Based (1)

Wedding planning from across the country is anything but easy. However, Alisa made the most important part, the ceremony, more than we could have ever hoped for. Alisa spent her time between the groom and I before the ceremony and made sure our nerves were as calm as they could be. The ceremony expressed the story of our relationship as though she had experienced it with us. In our receiving line following the ceremony, members of both families approached and said they had never heard such a personal, lovely ceremony. They loved the emphasis on family and the special traditions we embedded. We are forever grateful to Alisa and her beautiful words!

Profile Picture Alissa, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I first need to say that Alisa is absolutely magical...and this is why...My husband and I were engaged on Thanksgiving Eve of 2017. As we entered the New Year we started discussing what we imagined our wedding to be. Although we dreamed of an intimate ceremony, our families desired a traditional wedding in a church setting. Originally, we wanted to satisfy both worlds - to elope before I started veterinary school and then have a traditional ceremony and reception the following Fall. On August 9th 2018, my husband and I drove to Promise Ridge with our siblings and closest friends. Butterflies danced around in my stomach as I was nervous of how our families would perceive the non-traditional route we chose. When we arrived, Alisa greeted us at the door and my anxiousness instantly vanished. Alisa has a comforting trait that makes you feel right at home. After our unique microwedding that perfectly captured our relationship, our families approached us with tear-filled eyes and were astonished by the amazing work Alisa had done. Everyone that attended felt that it was the most unique ceremony they were ever a part of. I was ecstatic to hear them say that we no longer should have a traditional ceremony next Fall as nothing will ever be able to replace that special night where our families were joined at Promise Ridge. Alisa - we sincerely thank you for everything you have done for us! We could never imagine our day any other way.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/9/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Alisa is truly amazing. My husband and I were absolutely blown away by Alisa's passion for what she does and her professionalism. We couldn't have asked for more when it came to our ceremony and would highly recommend Alisa if you're looking for a meaningful and simple wedding day. Words cannot express how amazing Alisa is or how perfect she made our day!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 7/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alisa went above and beyond to make us and our family comfortable with the extremely hot weather we had. Alisa is very professional, personable, and welcoming. By choosing a micro wedding we wanted a beautiful, stress free wedding day and that’s certainly what we got with Alisa. The venue is so stunning that all we had to do was show up. We knew we wanted to get married at Promise Ridge the first time we saw photos, but meeting Alisa made that decision even more reassuring. Her short and sweet ceremony was so beautiful, and included a ring blessing where our rings were passed around for our family to bless them. Her ceremony also included a beautiful remembrance to my husbands mother, who is now his guardian angel. Alisa is truly the best at what she does, and she exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We used Promise Ridge as our wedding location. The property is breathtaking, the views and intimacy complimented our day. Alisa was wonderful to work with her vibrant, open personality made us feel welcomed and relaxed. We are so happy we chose Alisa, the experience was beyond our expectations. Thank you.

Profile Picture Eneida, 6/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alisa created the most perfect wedding ceremony, and my husband and I are so happy we chose her as our celebrant. She was very easy to work with, patient, and quick with edits and email responses. Filling out her couples questionnaire was a very cathartic process and made the whole wedding ceremony planning so much more special and meaningful. Both my husband and myself had several religious family members in attendance who had previously made passive comments about not getting married in a church or by an ordained minister etc...and these guests were the first to offer sincere compliments on how much they loved and enjoyed our wedding ceremony. Alisa has a true gift of story telling and delivery, and made our wedding ceremony so memorable and the highlight of our wedding day. One of the main reasons we wanted to work with Alisa is that she crafts the wedding ceremony around the couple and their love story. The overall amount of compliments we received about Alisa was outstanding and several guests said it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever attended. I highly recommend Alisa as celebrant for any occasion. We hope to work with her again in the future to commemorate other life milestones.

Photo for Alisa Tongg, Celebrant Review - Photo by Emily Wren Photography
Profile Picture caitlin, 6/1/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

I can't say enough amazing things about Alisa. She created a ceremony and an evening that we will cherish forever. My husband and I were married on May 24th, 2018 at Promise Ridge. We wanted a small ceremony that was personal and meaningful to the two of us, as well as our families. It was everything that we could have hoped for and more.
Alisa truly captured our personalities and created something perfectly unique to us. We are so lucky to have found her. She made our day so incredibly special.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alisa was a pleasure to work with! I have to say that I'm not "the wedding type"...I was much more interested in going to City Hall, but according to my family that wasn't an option. Alisa kept things simple, and I really got the sense that she is adaptable to many personalities, as anyone in the wedding industry must be. I would 1,0000% recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant. We also got many compliments about her ceremony from our guests.

Profile Picture Alice, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot think of enough great things to say about Alisa! My husband and I decided to not get married in a church and we didn't want a ceremony that was not true to us. Alisa came as a recommendation from our photographer and we are so THRILLED that we picked her! From the first moment we spoke on the phone, my husband and I both immediately knew she was PERFECT to perform our ceremony. She knew exactly what we wanted in a ceremony without even asking and made sure to focus exactly what was important for us and for our big day. I received so many compliments from our guests about how much they loved our ceremony and couldn't believe that we had just met Alisa that morning for the first time! She truly makes you feel as if she has known you for her whole life! She has such a way with words that created a beautiful atmosphere and engaged all our of guests with such emotion. She is a beautiful person both inside and out and made our day so special!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/11/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alisa was a delight to work with. She has a great process for information gathering from us to use in writing our personalized ceremony. She was very responsive and helpful- especially when I called 2 days before the wedding trying not to freak out about the forecasted rain. It did rain and she had a back up plan and was so helpful in making sure our evening was as special as it possibly could be. I honestly can't say enough great things about her.

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We learned about Alisa and Promise Ridge via a NY Times article and we couldn’t be happier. After our first phone call with Alisa, we knew she was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. Alisa was very warm and calming, and talked through creative solutions for incorporating Jewish/interfaith elements into our “mini wedding.” She worked collaboratively with us to build a memorable and meaningful ceremony that told our story in the most beautiful way, even honoring my husband’s grandfather and making our daughter an integral part of the day. She’s also extremely flexible and thoughtful, from helping us deal with the surprise rain to even changing into a beautiful dress that would compliment our chosen colors. If you want an intimate, thoughtful ceremony for your big day, call Alisa. I can’t even find words for how happy we were to work with her and how beautiful Promise Ridge is. The venue was everything we could have hoped for and more beautiful than we imagined — even/especially in the rain!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

We were looking for a place to elope for just the two of us. We wanted a beautiful and unique ceremony and we found it with Alisa at her space, Promise Ridge. I cannot say enough beautiful things! Alisa is amazing and so nice! She created such a unique ceremony for us and she really got a feel for who are and wrote the most timeless and intimate ceremony. It was just what we wanted and envisioned. Her elopement space was gorgeous and we felt like we were the only two people there.

Profile Picture Erin, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are at a loss of words when it comes to explaining how amazing our experience was with Alisa! From day 1, she was so friendly and forth-coming. Always so communicative and ready to help with whatever we needed. We experienced a few changes in our wedding plans, and Alisa was on board through the entire planning process. And it's not just us that can't stop bragging, our family and friends cannot stop ranting and raving about how Alisa truly made the ceremony! She told our love story beautifully, there was not a dry eye in the room. From the minute she walked into the venue, her presence filled the entire room with happiness and joy. Not to mention her outfit was 100% on point! Before the ceremony, she made it a point to communicate between the both of us, and to all of our guests before the ceremony! She was eager to help with anything that anyone needed. We cannot recommend Alisa enough, and certainly cannot say enough about how amazing she truly is! We cannot wait to work with her again sometime soon!

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There are not enough words in the English language to say how amazing our experience with Alisa was. We didn't have a celebrant for most of our engagement, and finding Alisa was hands down our biggest blessing. We had no idea how to go about finding someone to marry us, because almost every wedding we had been to up to ours was in a church, or had a friend or judge marry them. After speaking with Alisa for the first time, we knew she would be perfect, and that's before the winter storm hit the afternoon of our wedding. She traveled most of the day to get to us, and was so professional and sweet about staying in contact with us all day to give updates. There is no other way either of us would have wished to get married. Her ceremony is beyond personal, and everyone in the room truly felt as if she had known us forever. Alisa, you were a dream come true for our wedding, and I could not sing your praises more! We love you!

Profile Picture Janae, 3/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Amazing experience with Alisa!!

Where do I start? We couldn't be happier that we hired Alisa to perform our ceremony! We aren't religious and didn't have any obvious choices on who could/would marry us. At first we weren't that worried about the ceremony (since a lot of times it's usually the part people want to get over with to get to the party), but then I found Alisa and cried while watching the videos she is in performing ceremonies. No one we found while searching could compare to her, and all of a sudden we realized just how important the ceremony is! It shouldn't be something you just rush through. It's the WHOLE point of everyone being there—The two of you getting married! Alisa made our ceremony so beautiful and every person we talked to at the wedding commented on how amazing and perfect it was. People cried happy tears and laughed at the tiny jokes and moments that perfect matched my husband and myself. That's how it should be! One of my friends described it as "so us!" and another one of my friend's said it was one of the few weddings he's attended where you could truly feel how in love we are. I guarantee part of that was because of Alisa and her telling our story so beautifully.

Do yourself a favor and hire her! The ceremony was truly my favorite part of our wedding (and our reception was pretty awesome if I do say so myself), because it was just so meaningful and personal. I'll remember it forever, and part of that is because we invested in Alisa and having something special that completely celebrated us getting married. It also makes the ceremony way more entertaining and meaningful to your guests! I promise you won't regret hiring this amazing lady (who also happens to have seriously awesome fashion sense). She's the best of the best and worth every penny!

Profile Picture Lauren, 2/23/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Alisa was an amazing celebrant! We were so happy with the beautiful ceremony she wrote for our wedding. We very much enjoyed the collaborative process, and the result was amazing - many of our guests commented on how moving our personalized ceremony was. Alisa went above and beyond to make sure our rehearsal ran smoothly, which made the day-of logistics much easier. Alisa also worked well with our wedding planner and other vendors, which we appreciated. We were so happy to work with her!

Profile Picture Harper, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I took a bit of a chance on requesting Alisa to perform our wedding ceremony at her private site based on the reviews that I read. What a great decision! AMAZING! Alisa was fantastic to work with, answering my many questions, and tolerating my fiance's procrastination with ease. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that met our request for something short, sweet, and funny, while including the necessary level of seriousness. She truly went above and beyond, helping fix our wedding cake and welcoming our children as if we were family-friends. I would (and already have) recommend Alisa to perform any ceremony you might need!

Profile Picture Heidi, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alisa was absolutely incredible. She was a part of our love story and ceremony just as much as we were. She included our guests, spoke from the heart and delivered what many have told us the most unique, thoughtful and emotional ceremony they had ever heard. We cannot put into words the feelings experienced during the ceremony and the hours there after. An incredible night which began with an incredible love story told by Alisa, who took the time and energy to get to know us as much as possible. Thank You!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alisa is AMAZING! I will be the first to admit that I did not appreciate what an important role the celebrant/officiant plays in a wedding until we met Alisa. My (now) husband was really into the idea of having a personalized ceremony and I went along with it (but kind of thought that all ceremonies are created equal). Boy was I wrong! We were planning to interview a few different people but as soon as we talked to Alisa on the phone we engaged her on the spot! She takes a wedding ceremony to an entirely new level. She gave us really detailed questionnaires to fill out and was really able to capture the essence of our relationship and what made us "us". When we read the first draft we were completely blown away - it was like she'd known us for years and we hadn't even met her in person! We had a "micro wedding" (a term we learned from Alisa) and she was also instrumental in coming up with special ways to get everyone in attendance involved in the ceremony itself - she even helped me figure out where our ceremony should be located and what time of day in order to make sure the candle lighting portion had the desired effect! Way above and beyond. The minute she arrived on our wedding day we felt like we'd known her for years - she jumped right in fixing boutonnieres and rearranging the ceremony chairs! She even let me pick what she was going to wear! Additionally, she gave us a transcript of the ceremony which is a very meaningful keepsake. I would HIGHLY recommend Alisa - no matter what type of wedding you are having, she will be amazing. Don't think twice!

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When I first met Alisa at a wedding expo (Lovesick expo), my now husband and I were captivated. Not only by her radiating/joyous glow, but by her experience and compassion. We skyped with Alisa various times before the wedding and filled out a lengthy questionnaire in order for her to get to truly know us. She incorporated all of that information into our wedding in such a special "love story you only see in the movies" type of way. When we met with Alisa, we discussed that we would like our wedding to be non-denominational, but with Jewish customs and traditions. We also requested that we wanted our ceremony to be very personal, as we wanted the guests to understand our story. Alisa really came through with all of our requests. There was not a dry eye in the house (all happy tears)! After the ceremony, each guest went up to me and told me how unbelievable the ceremony was and it was the best ceremony they witnessed. One guest said, "Your officiant was able to get into the hearts of every guest and make them believe in love again". I can't thank Alisa enough for everything she has done for us. She made our wedding unforgettable.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were referred to Alisa from a co-worker as someone who would tell your story as if you've known her your entire life. We couldn't be more happier with her preparation and execution. From the initial download to Q&A, script refinement to the big day, Alisa brings a level of professionalism that accentuated the experience. A careful listener and story teller, she was able to weave our different histories and experiences into a ceremony that felt very individualized and personal.
Would certainly recommend to anyone looking for a unique and memorable experience.

Profile Picture Brian, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are 5 months post wedding and we STILL are talking about Alisa. The story she tells is what weddings should be about- the couple, the people they love, the past and the present. It was almost like she floated in like a fairy God Mother and with such grace she took on pinning our nephews boutenieres on, and took care of little details that were so important in the scheme of things. Alisa was a presence you didn’t realize you needed. She was the glue that made our ceremony stick with our guests and was insanely eloquent in deliving our story. From the first meeting with Alisa we knew this was going to be magical and it was nothing short of that. We can’t thank you enough Alisa, we are so happy you were such an integral part of our big day.

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I first met Alisa a year before my wedding when she was the officiant at my best friend’s wedding. I couldn’t stop thinking about how perfect their ceremony was weeks/months afterward. I knew I had to have her at mine as well. My husband (who isn’t fazed by anything) agreed that Alisa would be the PERFECT fit for our wedding day. We wanted something personal, a story written about our love and our life. And that is exactly what Alisa did. She worked with us from the very beginning on our ceremony. It was actually really fun to fill out the questionnaire she sent us because it allowed us to dig deeper and really think about our relationship. Our big day finally arrived and I remember seeing Alisa appear out of nowhere while we were taking pictures. She had a huge smile on her face and she was walking around scoping out the ceremony space. She hung around and chatted for a bit and then went inside to hang with the bridal party. Finally, it was ceremony time. Alisa handles herself with such grace and poise. She is a true professional and you can clearly see how much she loves what she does. Alisa brought so much joy, happiness, tears and laughter to our ceremony. It was better than I could’ve ever imagined. It’s now over a month since our wedding day and I am still having people tell me what an amazing, unique, personalized ceremony it was. Everyone said they have never been to a wedding ceremony like that before and they left learning so much about us as a couple. We can’t thank Alisa enough for her role in our big day. She made it so memorable for us. Alisa, you are one of the most down to earth, genuine human beings I have ever come across and I want to get married again (to the same husband :) ) and have you there doing your thing. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything.

Profile Picture samantha, 9/15/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Alisa - Thank you for making our wedding ceremony so special. You captured our feelings for each other so beautifully. Your knowledge of both Christian and Jewish traditions helped us blend our cultures and make both families feel included in a way we never could have imagined!!! You have a true gift Alisa, you translated the love we feel into words. You knocked it out of the park and we are so grateful we found you on Instagram!! To all of the engaged couples reading this - book Alisa NOW. Best decision we made.

Xx