113 Reviews for Alexandra & Ensembles

String-Trio (2)
Liability Insurance (2)
Music During Breaks (2)
Microphones (1)

I am so glad that I found Alexandra and her team! My husband and I were back and forth on if we should hire live music or just play a recording for our ceremony. One I spoke with Alexandra and listened to some of her recordings I was sold. The live music took our venue to the next level and our guests enjoyed hearing songs that they recognized.

Alexandra and her team were incredibly easy to book with and I could not recommend her services enough for your special day. Thanks again guys!

Best,
Brianne and Tom

Profile Picture Brianne, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Loved!! Hired cellist (Alexandra) and pianist for our wedding ceremony back in January. It was SUCH a nice touch, simply beautiful. They were on time and did such a wonderful job, even played my request "FloRida, Good Feeling" as our recessional song. Highly recommend for a classy touch =)

Profile Picture Danielle, 1/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We selected Alexandra from the website because of the reviews and she fit in our budget. We were so glad we did. She is very flexible because we weren't certain of the exact ceremony time in Central Park. The music was lovely and she let us select the songs and instruments we wanted. She was beyond our expectations!

Profile Picture Cathy, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cello, Violin, Instrumental-Duo

Alexandra and her fellow musicians were amazing! We hired Alexandra to play cello and she brought two violinists to complete the string trio. They played for our ceremony and our cocktail hour reception. The music sounded beautiful and they were incredibly professional. Alexandra was very quick to respond to my initial inquiries and to answer all of my questions. She has an extensive list of songs she performs and she agreed to play all the songs I requested. On the day of the wedding, it rained in the morning so they could no longer set up outdoors. They were very flexible and accommodating and everything worked out beautifully. I highly recommend Alexandra and her team!

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra & Ensembles were absolutely incredible! They played at the cocktail hour of our wedding in September, and were just amazing. The music was beautiful, and the team was absolutely top-notch professional. We received feedback from many of the wedding guests that the music was a phenomenal addition to cocktail hour. We would hire Alexandra & Ensembles again in a second for our next big event! Thanks again Alexandra & Ensembles!!

Profile Picture Frank, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra & Ensembles made our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour unforgettable! Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!!

Profile Picture Dawn, 8/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had a special song request for our ceremony since my husband is Scottish and she made it happen for us. We received so many compliments on her music. Do yourself a favor and don't look any further- book Alexandra!!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, String-Quartet, Cello, Violin

Amazing! I loved having Alexandra play at my wedding. I couldn't have been happier with the quality, look, and feel they provided on our special day.

Profile Picture Mary, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra and her quartet were fantastic! I played the violin through college and it was really important to me to have a really good string quartet that could play both modern and classical music. They executed it all so well! All of the guests were really getting into it, especially when familiar songs like the game of thrones theme song came on. Alexandra is also super responsive and easy to work with. We were so thankful to have them play at our wedding!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Cello, Viola, Violin

Alexandra and her pianist did a phenomenal job providing beautiful music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Alexandra was able to grant our wishes by playing current hits such as Ed Sheeran and Adele. Thank you so much for your wonderful talents and making our wedding so memorable!
-Stacey and Christopher

Profile Picture Stacey, 7/2/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I was lucky enough to have found Alexandra on wedding wire. My sister is obsessed with the cello and she convinced me to hire one early on in wedding planning, and I absolutely do not regret it! Alexandra was so patient with me, especially with my indecisiveness about song selections (we worked it out perfectly!) Alexandra and our piano player were perfect together! I wish I stayed around during cocktail hour to hear what other songs they played, but our guests informed me and my husband that they were absolutely amazing. I 100% recommend Alexandra & Ensembles for their services, you will not regret it.

Profile Picture Joanna, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Piano, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Duo

Alexandra was a dream to work with. She responds right away, is accommodating and reliable. She was able to arrange a song that meant a lot to my husband and I that was not in her listed repertoire. She is incredibly talented - the music sounded beautiful!

Profile Picture Amrita, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Guitar, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Instrumental-Duo

Alexandra & Ensembles were the perfect duo for our wedding! Their performance brought so much happiness and elegance to our ceremony. I already recommended their services to several friends, and recommend their services to anyone looking for QUALITY musicians to play their wedding!!!! Couldn't be happier to have had them play!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Guitar, Violin

I hired Alexandra and 2 other violinist from her company for my wedding, it was the best investment! Her prices are very fair for the phenomenal quality you receive. She responded to all of my emails promptly and professionally, every bride's dream! The team was punctual and played so beautifully, I feel so blessed having had them be a part of my big day. Thank you Alexandra soo much!!!

Profile Picture Maria, 4/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra is such a talented and kind individual who provides the highest quality service from beginning to end. She was responsive and easy to work with beforehand, took our requests into consideration, and did an amazing job on the day of. After seeing her sample videos I wanted her and only her for the perfect ambiance for our wedding weekend--- and I have no regrets! She is wonderful!

Profile Picture Nishi, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra was simply amazing! We had her play at our ceremony and at our cocktail hour. We got married at a church and she worked with the church's piano player to put together a great ceremony. She arrived 45 minutes early to practice with him so that they would be in sync. That is just amazing! She goes above and beyond and it doesn't go unnoticed. We got so many compliments on our ceremony and cocktail and a lot had to do with her. Can't say enough, if you want a Cello at your wedding choose Alexandra!!!

Profile Picture Mike, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired a cello/violin duo for our church wedding last month and are SO happy we did. The Catholic church only allows prelude music, processional and recessional to be played by outside musicians but I wish we could have had more! Alexandra made the process incredibly easy - she was very responsive, answered all of our questions, and had no problem playing the music we asked for. One of our songs was pretty standard I think but I'm fairly certain they had to learn the other one for my processional and it was better than I could have ever hoped for. The duo also had to sit up in the 'balcony' area with the church organist so I'm not even sure they could see us but they never missed a cue! Everything was seamless. Alexandra always seemed happy to speak with us over email and couldn't have been nicer on the day of the wedding. This was one of the few vendors we feel was well worth the (very reasonable) cost. We are thrilled with our choice and would highly recommend Alexandra!

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/21/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Cello, Violin, Ceremony, Learn New Songs

I book Alexandra & Ensembles as a trio (cellist, violinist, and pianist) for my wedding ceremony on 1/7/17. Due to a snow storm, the limo delayed the bridal party's arrival. Luckily, the trio kept my guests entertained while waiting. They arrived early (even in inclement weather), played beautifully, looked professional, and seamlessly stayed beyond the booked time frame (the overtime cost was completely worth it). I am still receiving compliments on the talented musicians who made my ceremony timeless.

Profile Picture Adia, 1/7/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Piano, Violin, Instrumental-Trio, Ceremony

My husband and I got married last month and we hired Alexandra and Cello NYC to do our ceremony music. We knew live music could be very hit or miss at weddings, so we wanted to be very careful in our selection. I'm happy to say we definitely made the right choice! Alexandra and her accompanying pianist were on time, dressed professionally, and very obviously prepared. They played beautifully, and we received multiple compliments on their music, from our peers and our parents' friends alike! Everybody loved the music!

It was easy to make everyone happy with the wide variety of songs she offers!

Profile Picture Cere, 11/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra NYC Cellist & Ensembles were wonderful! Great and easy to communicate with! They played The Rains of Castamere and GoT theme song for our ceremony (as well as many others). Our guests complimented their playing and said that it was a classy touch to our wedding as well as also fun figuring out which songs they were playing! A great mix of classical with new songs! I would recommend them to any friends and family who are planning a wedding! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Alexandra and her string quartet provided music for our ceremony and cocktail hour for our October wedding and they were nothing short of absolutely fantastic.

Alexandra was my quickest responding vendor. Whenever I emailed her, I would often get a response within hours and it was always cheerful and helpful.

We wanted our wedding party to walk down the aisle to a song that wasn't in Alexandra's repertoire. At first she said she'd contact her arranger and let me know how much it would cost. A few days later she came back and said "I found an arrangement online - so no need to worry, it's free of charge!"

The actual music on the day of our wedding was beautiful and it was exactly what we wanted. Our guests especially loved the Game of Thrones theme.

If you're looking for a string quartet - this is a no-brainer. Alexandra is affordable, a pleasure to coordinate with, and truly talented and professional.

Profile Picture Chris, 10/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: String-Quartet, Cello, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs

We worked with Alexandra this past October to create our pre-ceremony and ceremony music for our wedding (cello and violin). She was so friendly, organized, professional, and easy to work with. Rates were very reasonable and the music was just beautiful. Many guests commented afterward on how lovely the music had been, and were wondering where I located such gems! Look no further - with so many moving parts to worry about during the big day, it was such a relief to have Alexandra in charge of creating the atmosphere for the ceremony. An amazing and talented musician!

Profile Picture Julia, 10/13/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Cello, Violin, Ceremony

What I love most about Alexandra's services is her website -- she has lots of clips of herself and her ensembles playing, so it's easy to get a sense of their talents just by browsing. She also is incredibly responsive and professional via email, such that I felt totally comfortable booking her "sight unseen". She and the violinist arrived early on the day of, worked amazingly well with our venue coordinator, and played beautifully. All of our guests were impressed. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/2/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Cello, Violin, Ceremony

After searching for an amazing cellist, I finally found Alexandra! I went to Berklee School of Music, so having someone who was modern yet unique in her classical approach, was very important to me. I honestly could not stop listening to the demos on her music page because they were so beautiful so I knew that I had to have her and either a guitar or piano accompaniment for our wedding. She was so accommodating as well because we only needed her for while the guests were arriving and the ceremony and she really worked with us because I told her that I had to have her!! We would definitely recommend her for any wedding, party, etc!!!

Profile Picture Kristian, 9/30/16, 1 Review