Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Alexandra & Ensembles 3
Alexandra & Ensembles 4
Alexandra & Ensembles 5

Angela · Married on 06/28/2015

Alexandra was so amazing. Very professional and accommodating. My guest really loved their music, and didn't stop talking about them.
    I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 07/11/2015

The music was fantastic! Very professional an easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Justin · Married on 06/21/2015

Alexandra was prompt and very professional and played excellent music throughout. Extremely easy to deal with and a pleasure to listen to. I would recommend Her to anybody!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Alexandra organized and performed in a quartet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on June 6th, 2015. Alexandra was extremely accommodating and responsive at every stage in the process.

My (now) wife and I were married at the Queens County Farm in Queens, NY - but live 3,000 miles away in Washington State; if you have ever planned an event remotely, you would know firsthand that it can be nerve-wracking and tedious. It was wonderful to work with someone like Alexandra - her online presence gave us tremendous confidence in her musical abilities, and her communication skills/accessibility were evident at first contact. Trust me, a stranger on the internet, Alexandra and her group fully deserve the 5 star rating!

The quartet sounded incredible and was extremely versatile; they preformed classical music at the ceremony (including a badass rendition of the Games of Thrones theme for the wedding procession!) and classic rock/alternative hits during cocktail hour. It was awesome to see groups of our friends posted up near them singing along and enjoying every minute of it. We must've had two dozen compliments before the end of the night.

Thanks Alexandra!!!! :)

-Alex and Jessica

Sent on 10/14/2015

It was a pleasure working with Alexandra. I highly recommend her. She was very responsive and professional in our emails before the wedding. The day of the wedding, the music was beautiful and we received many compliments. We booked a cello and guitar duo and they played everything exactly as we'd wanted. I only wish I'd had a chance to meet her! But you know, I was kind of busy getting married... Go with Alexandra, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Sharon · Married on 05/16/2015

We hired Alexandra and her team for our wedding and am so glad we did! We went with a cello, piano, and violin since we really love the sound of piano and strings together. Alexandra was very professional, and contacted us 2-3 months before the wedding to iron out the song selections for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Some of the songs we sent were not existing ones in her repertoire. We sent YouTube videos / linked to music and tried to describe what we were looking for. We honestly weren't sure how well it would turn out. But on our wedding day, she and her team did an AMAZING job. It couldn't have been any more perfect. They arrived early, set up, and somehow in the two months since we submitted our song selection, had arranged the new songs for the three instruments beautifully. I couldn't stop smiling hearing our songs play. I just wish we were less occupied during cocktail hour so that I could stand around and listen more. Thank you so much Alexandra! We heard great feedback from our guests as well.

Sent on 06/09/2015
  • Yaritza

Yaritza · Married on 05/15/2015

I booked a duo (cello & violin) for my ceremony music. Alexandra was amazing from beginning to end- from her prompt replies when I first contacted her about her services, to helping me with my music selections to the day of the wedding! Her professionalism and talent were outstanding. Since the wedding we have had several of our guests comment on the wonderful music. Ladies, you only have ONE wedding day, so make it amazing and memorable. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Alicia · Married on 05/02/2015

The string quartet was a perfect touch to our wedding! Everyone raved about the group! Alexandria really assisted with facilitating the ensemble and Boris was amazing!!! We even had them stay to play our first song (rather then have a recorded song play) and it was so special. Before we were introduced, the quartet 'jammed' with the music that was playing to get the reception started! We highly highly recommend Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles you will not go wrong!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles were amazing. They played beautifully, they were on-time, very professional, all dressed very well i would highly recommend them to anyone considering to have Cellist and ensembles play at there wedding. We exchange e-mails back and forth often going over every detail right up to the day of the event. The audience was in tears after hearing them play it was a pleasure to have them there. If you looking to make your day even more memorable i would highly recommended hiring Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensemble at your wedding day or special event.

Sent on 05/11/2015

jenny · Married on 11/29/2014

I booked a cello and violin duo for our wedding ceremony, as well as instrumental music for reception (we preferred instrumental over a loud band/DJ as we mainly wanted light background music during dinner so our guests can socialize without shouting over the music), and everything from my first email to Alexandra to the end of the evening went off without a hitch! It couldn't have been any better, and I would highly recommend Alexandra to anyone looking for great music from a vendor who is professionally responsive and flexible in accommodating special requests.The booking was simple (no crazy long contract terms and conditions), and the music was lovely, and I cannot mention enough how much I appreciate the special requests she accommodated with the playlist. Thank you so much for playing at our wedding Alexandra!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Christina · Married on 11/26/2014

Alexandra performed as the cellist during my cocktail hour and my wedding ceremony. She was excellent and the guests loved it! Her music provided a great background for the ceremony and made it very special. She arrived on time and was very easy to work with prior to the wedding. I could not be happier with her services during my wedding. It was a very stressful time for me, so her reliability and attention to detail was a huge stress reliever for me in the days leading up to the wedding.

Sent on 03/08/2015

Jessica · Married on 11/15/2014

Alexandra played for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and was a pleasure to work with. The music sounded amazing and we got so many compliments on it -- the guests especially loved how she played more contemporary songs during cocktail hour -- one guest told me that she loved hearing A Whole New World!

Alexandra was extremely professional and courteous and very responsive in the months leading up to the wedding. I would absolutely recommend her for other events!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Emily · Married on 11/09/2014

I absolutely loved working with Alexandra. She is incredibly talented and was very accommodating throughout the entire process. She was very quick with correspondence and went out of her way to make our wedding day memorable. She was gracious enough to learn our favorite song for the ceremony, and I was blown away with their performance. We had a cello + guitar duo for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and we received so many compliments from our guests throughout the night. An amazing talent for a great value. I did a ton of research looking for the right ceremony musicians and she exceeded every expectation.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Words don't do justice to how wonderful Alexandra is. She made our ceremony so elegant, beautiful and sentimental with her beautiful music. She and her colleague were there on time and played everything we requested and they played absolutely perfectly!! I also loved how presentable they were! In working with Alexandra on our selections, she was so accommodating and nice and never said no. She went with whatever I liked which was such a treat for me because planning a wedding is so hard! It turns out that with Alexandra, one of the most crucial parts of my wedding was also the easiest to plan thanks to her sweetness and professionalism. She's just wonderful and I will find an excuse to use her again for sure!!! Thanks SO much Alexandra for making our ceremony as beautiful as it was. We will appreciate it forever.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Tracy · Married on 10/18/2014

Alexandra and her violinist partner played at our wedding a week ago and they were amazing! They played at both the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Alexandra was very responsive any time we had any questions for her, responding within minutes of any email we sent her! She had a great selection of sample songs that helped us decide what our processional and recessional song should be. My husband and I loved that she had contemporary pop songs on her list that people could recognize. The music sounded great as I walked down the aisle. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Janelle · Married on 10/16/2014

Alexandra was so easy to work with from the moment I found her on Gigmaster. She arrived early to my wedding and played such beautiful music my guests were raving about her. She was extremely professional and I would recommend her to anyone. Thank you so much Alexandra for making my wedding day magical!

Sent on 11/12/2014

John · Married on 10/04/2014

Alexandra and the string trio were amazing! Very professional, easy to work with and they sounded amazing! They made our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour significantly better. We had many compliments. Their rates were a good deal and worth every penny. I would work with them again, and recommend to anyone.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Courtney · Married on 09/13/2014

We could not have asked for a better musician to play for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Alexandra (and ensemble) are so talented and matched our wedding vision perfectly. Throughout the cocktail hour and even days after the wedding, I received so many compliments about Alexandra, pertaining to how beautifully she played. She was even willing to play a song that was not in her repertoire without a problem. When I asked, she gave her opinion about music that I chose to ensure I had selected appropriate music that would fit our wedding vision. The love she has for music and her talent is more than apparent in the expression with which she plays. We booked Alexandra about 9 months prior to our wedding and throughout that 9 months, she responded to my emails and correspondence less than 24 hours after receiving them. By the time our wedding came, I was so excited to meet her because of her pleasantness and professionalism through email. I would recommend Alexandra to anyone. Her talent, combined with her professionalism and willingness to offer her expertise makes her a perfect compliment to any celebration. This may have been the absolute best choice that we made when it came to all of our wedding decisions. If I have another event that requires this service, I will book her, no questions asked. Look no further!!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Alexandra & Ensembles's reply:

Thank you Courtney for a fabulous feedback! That means a lot for our team. Our pleasure to make our clients happy!

Alexandra and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with. They arrived on time, were excellently prepared with all of our requested songs, and helped to make our ceremony sophisticated and fun. Thanks team!

Sent on 09/12/2014

Rosemarie · Married on 08/31/2014

Alexandra and her partner were wonderful, professional and flexible. Their beautiful music truly helped to create a serene, elegant and magical feeling at our ceremony. I was very pleased with their services and highly recommend them for other weddings and events.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Alexandra was awesome! Her trio learned beautiful arrangements for brand new top 40 hits per our request. We called her on her cell phone during the weekend - no problem. Times changed a little for start time - no problem. She arrived early, ready to go. Alexandra, thank you so much for making the ceremony more magical.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Alexandra and her pianist played our wedding at The Madison Hotel in Morristown New Jersey and was simply perfect! The music was beautifully performed, they arrived on time and really set the mood for our event. Communications were always answered promptly and I have no hesitation in saying you should hire Alexandra!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Michelle · Married on 07/20/2014

Theu were amazing. Very easy to comminicate with before wedding and did a great job during wedding. All my guests loved their music theu made the ceremony a dream come true! Will definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/02/2014

I had Alexandra and a violinist play at my wedding. The music was so beautiful - their timing was perfect. It really made the ceremony. Plus - it was so easy to book Alexandra and coordinate what music we wanted to hear. I highly recommend! Thanks Alexandra!!!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Carolina · Married on 06/27/2014

Alexandra was great! We are so happy that we found her on weddingwire and that her services were within our budget. She answered all of our questions and was very straightforward throughout the entire process. We loved that the process of hiring her was so seamless. She scanned the contract, we printed, signed, and emailed back. And we loved that she uses Chase QuickPay which allowed for a quicker transaction. She arrived on time for our wedding ceremony and played the music we requested. She came to look for me before leaving to congratulate us, which I thought was very sweet considering I hadn't met her yet! Had we not been working with a limited budget we would've totally hired her to also play at the reception. Definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 07/16/2014