Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Alexandra & Ensembles 3
Alexandra & Ensembles 4
Alexandra & Ensembles 5

Margot · Married on 10/11/2015

Alexandra was so great from the moment I first contacted her to play cello at my wedding. She was extremely responsive and professional over the entire course of wedding planning. While I didn't know which songs I wanted to have played when I first reached out to her, I was so excited once I made a final decision and everything came together. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Alexandra's team was incredible. The team was professional, was present two hours before the ceremony started and played everything we wanted to hear. They really created a beautiful ambiance to our cocktail hour and ceremony.

Sent on 11/14/2015

My favorite vendor at our wedding. We had a cello / guitar duet. The music was beautiful. Alexandra is very responsive and pleasant to deal with. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/20/2015

We hired two violinists and a cellist for the outdoor wedding ceremony and for the brunch reception at a restaurant afterwards. They somehow managed to be early for both events and greeted my guests with their music. It was magical! Compared to other local musicians in Brooklyn, I found them to be very reasonably priced, flexible, and very communicative. They were very professional and my guests and I were so impressed with them. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Christina · Married on 08/28/2015

We had Alexandra and her partner play at our ceremony (cello and violin) and they were amazing. Although it was a total blur of a day of me, everyone loved the music and how incredible they sounded. Many of my family members are musicians so it was important to me to find the right musicians. You will definitely get professionalism and nothing but beautiful, creative music. I will most definitely love to have Alex and her partners play at another event that I have.

Sent on 10/13/2015

robert · Married on 08/08/2015

she was extremely prompt, professional, and most important of all an excellent musician. she needed very little instruction and her and her colleague took it from there. definitely recommended. one of the few vendors during the wedding process i would consider a value.

Sent on 08/18/2015

We hired Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles to play at our cocktail hour. They sounded great and added a very elegant touch to our wedding. After the cocktail hour, we asked the quartet to move to our reception so they could play our special first dance song, Por Una Cabeza, a tango. Alexandra and team nailed it, they sounded exactly like the original recording. Our guests were very impressed and enjoyed the live music for cocktail hour and first dance. Thanks to Alexandra for her help!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Michele · event on 07/06/2015

I hired Alexandra last minute for a marriage proposal. I called her pretty late in the evening and just a couple days before the event. She was very accommodating and sent me a proposal that night. When the venue couldn't provide a chair she agreed to provide one. She also quickly provided us the insurance that the venue gave us one day to get together. Most importantly, my client was thrilled with every aspect of his proposal, music included. I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Angela · Married on 06/28/2015

Alexandra was so amazing. Very professional and accommodating. My guest really loved their music, and didn't stop talking about them.
    I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 07/11/2015

The music was fantastic! Very professional an easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Justin · Married on 06/21/2015

Alexandra was prompt and very professional and played excellent music throughout. Extremely easy to deal with and a pleasure to listen to. I would recommend Her to anybody!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Alexandra organized and performed in a quartet for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour on June 6th, 2015. Alexandra was extremely accommodating and responsive at every stage in the process.

My (now) wife and I were married at the Queens County Farm in Queens, NY - but live 3,000 miles away in Washington State; if you have ever planned an event remotely, you would know firsthand that it can be nerve-wracking and tedious. It was wonderful to work with someone like Alexandra - her online presence gave us tremendous confidence in her musical abilities, and her communication skills/accessibility were evident at first contact. Trust me, a stranger on the internet, Alexandra and her group fully deserve the 5 star rating!

The quartet sounded incredible and was extremely versatile; they preformed classical music at the ceremony (including a badass rendition of the Games of Thrones theme for the wedding procession!) and classic rock/alternative hits during cocktail hour. It was awesome to see groups of our friends posted up near them singing along and enjoying every minute of it. We must've had two dozen compliments before the end of the night.

Thanks Alexandra!!!! :)

-Alex and Jessica

Sent on 10/14/2015

It was a pleasure working with Alexandra. I highly recommend her. She was very responsive and professional in our emails before the wedding. The day of the wedding, the music was beautiful and we received many compliments. We booked a cello and guitar duo and they played everything exactly as we'd wanted. I only wish I'd had a chance to meet her! But you know, I was kind of busy getting married... Go with Alexandra, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Sharon · Married on 05/16/2015

We hired Alexandra and her team for our wedding and am so glad we did! We went with a cello, piano, and violin since we really love the sound of piano and strings together. Alexandra was very professional, and contacted us 2-3 months before the wedding to iron out the song selections for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Some of the songs we sent were not existing ones in her repertoire. We sent YouTube videos / linked to music and tried to describe what we were looking for. We honestly weren't sure how well it would turn out. But on our wedding day, she and her team did an AMAZING job. It couldn't have been any more perfect. They arrived early, set up, and somehow in the two months since we submitted our song selection, had arranged the new songs for the three instruments beautifully. I couldn't stop smiling hearing our songs play. I just wish we were less occupied during cocktail hour so that I could stand around and listen more. Thank you so much Alexandra! We heard great feedback from our guests as well.

Sent on 06/09/2015
  • Yaritza

Yaritza · Married on 05/15/2015

I booked a duo (cello & violin) for my ceremony music. Alexandra was amazing from beginning to end- from her prompt replies when I first contacted her about her services, to helping me with my music selections to the day of the wedding! Her professionalism and talent were outstanding. Since the wedding we have had several of our guests comment on the wonderful music. Ladies, you only have ONE wedding day, so make it amazing and memorable. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Alicia · Married on 05/02/2015

The string quartet was a perfect touch to our wedding! Everyone raved about the group! Alexandria really assisted with facilitating the ensemble and Boris was amazing!!! We even had them stay to play our first song (rather then have a recorded song play) and it was so special. Before we were introduced, the quartet 'jammed' with the music that was playing to get the reception started! We highly highly recommend Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles you will not go wrong!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles were amazing. They played beautifully, they were on-time, very professional, all dressed very well i would highly recommend them to anyone considering to have Cellist and ensembles play at there wedding. We exchange e-mails back and forth often going over every detail right up to the day of the event. The audience was in tears after hearing them play it was a pleasure to have them there. If you looking to make your day even more memorable i would highly recommended hiring Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensemble at your wedding day or special event.

Sent on 05/11/2015
  • User4872264 · event on 03/07/2015

Alexandra and her team were a pleasure to work with - stuck with me moving the date and time and it all worked out fantastic. My now fiance was totally surprised and the violinist was the perfect touch.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Peter · event on 12/19/2014

Excellent-will definitely use her again.

Sent on 02/12/2015

jenny · Married on 11/29/2014

I booked a cello and violin duo for our wedding ceremony, as well as instrumental music for reception (we preferred instrumental over a loud band/DJ as we mainly wanted light background music during dinner so our guests can socialize without shouting over the music), and everything from my first email to Alexandra to the end of the evening went off without a hitch! It couldn't have been any better, and I would highly recommend Alexandra to anyone looking for great music from a vendor who is professionally responsive and flexible in accommodating special requests.The booking was simple (no crazy long contract terms and conditions), and the music was lovely, and I cannot mention enough how much I appreciate the special requests she accommodated with the playlist. Thank you so much for playing at our wedding Alexandra!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Christina · Married on 11/26/2014

Alexandra performed as the cellist during my cocktail hour and my wedding ceremony. She was excellent and the guests loved it! Her music provided a great background for the ceremony and made it very special. She arrived on time and was very easy to work with prior to the wedding. I could not be happier with her services during my wedding. It was a very stressful time for me, so her reliability and attention to detail was a huge stress reliever for me in the days leading up to the wedding.

Sent on 03/08/2015

Jessica · Married on 11/15/2014

Alexandra played for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and was a pleasure to work with. The music sounded amazing and we got so many compliments on it -- the guests especially loved how she played more contemporary songs during cocktail hour -- one guest told me that she loved hearing A Whole New World!

Alexandra was extremely professional and courteous and very responsive in the months leading up to the wedding. I would absolutely recommend her for other events!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Emily · Married on 11/09/2014

I absolutely loved working with Alexandra. She is incredibly talented and was very accommodating throughout the entire process. She was very quick with correspondence and went out of her way to make our wedding day memorable. She was gracious enough to learn our favorite song for the ceremony, and I was blown away with their performance. We had a cello + guitar duo for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and we received so many compliments from our guests throughout the night. An amazing talent for a great value. I did a ton of research looking for the right ceremony musicians and she exceeded every expectation.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Words don't do justice to how wonderful Alexandra is. She made our ceremony so elegant, beautiful and sentimental with her beautiful music. She and her colleague were there on time and played everything we requested and they played absolutely perfectly!! I also loved how presentable they were! In working with Alexandra on our selections, she was so accommodating and nice and never said no. She went with whatever I liked which was such a treat for me because planning a wedding is so hard! It turns out that with Alexandra, one of the most crucial parts of my wedding was also the easiest to plan thanks to her sweetness and professionalism. She's just wonderful and I will find an excuse to use her again for sure!!! Thanks SO much Alexandra for making our ceremony as beautiful as it was. We will appreciate it forever.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Tracy · Married on 10/18/2014

Alexandra and her violinist partner played at our wedding a week ago and they were amazing! They played at both the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Alexandra was very responsive any time we had any questions for her, responding within minutes of any email we sent her! She had a great selection of sample songs that helped us decide what our processional and recessional song should be. My husband and I loved that she had contemporary pop songs on her list that people could recognize. The music sounded great as I walked down the aisle. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/28/2014