Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Alexandra & Ensembles 2
Alexandra & Ensembles 3
Alexandra & Ensembles 4

Andrew · Married on 07/16/2016

Alexandra was so easy to communicate with. She provided suggestions, worked with the church and my wedding planner to ensure a beautiful ceremony. She did an amazing job.

Sent on 08/08/2016

alicia · Married on 07/16/2016

They were amazing. They played up to date music for us as well as classics. Made our day even more special.

Sent on 06/07/2017
  • F

Fangfei · Married on 06/25/2016

As my father and I are both former violinists, we were both particular about the quality of the string quartet we were going to hire for my wedding. Based on Alexandra's repertoire online, we decided that she'd be a good fit. Alexandra was very easy to work with -- all communications prior to the wedding were done through prompt and clear emails. I didn't get a chance to talk to her during the wedding, but she and her colleagues were definitely good-humored enough to let my father conduct the string quartet for fun.

The quartet did a fantastic job playing music for our ceremony and our cocktail hour. They played both classical pieces and string arrangements of popular music. On an amusing note, they played the Game of Thrones theme as the wedding party entrance song and also agreed to play the Rains of Castamere during cocktail hour (under our request, of course). Thank you Alexandra and company for a fantastic performance!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Jaime · Married on 06/24/2016

We just celebrated our anniversary party in the Hampton's and we had the privilege to experience Alexandra's and Boris's talent playing the cello and violin. All or friends ... -an eclectic, cultured and sophisticated group of talented people themselves- all loved the performance. The repertoire played was varied, all excellent choices and their ability to perform with feeling towards the moment, the place and the guests was fantastic ... we are already planning the next event so we can share these moments with them again ... and again!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Diandra · Married on 06/05/2016

My wedding was on June 5th, and they were amazing. Originally, I was going to just have a DJ play for the ceremony, but my mom said that I NEED an ensemble. After walking down the aisle to Alexandra Cellist and Ensembles, I knew my mom was correct. I was blown away with how beautiful they sounded. I was a bit nervous about not rehearsing with them, but they are so professional and everything just fell into place. I will also like to thank them for playing Amazing Grace as a memorial for my father. It was a pleasure to work with you, and I suggest that if anyone if looking for an affordable, professional and very talented ensemble, look no further. Thank you guys!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Jane · Married on 06/04/2016

We hired a trio (cello, violin, keyboard) through Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles- and they were fantastic. They came early, dressed up professionally, and played beautifully. Alexandra is very responsive via email and the process of booking was simple and easy. It was a breeze working with them. We gave them a hard recessional song ("you make my dreams come true" - hall & oates) but they absolutely nailed it. My husband and I loved their performance and would highly recommend Alexandra & co.!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2016

Wonderful music. Many people said afterwards how perfectly the music set the tone.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Charlene · Married on 05/21/2016

Alexandra provided beautiful music during our wedding ceremony! We had wanted a couple of songs played that weren't on her list of choices and she was able to learn them for us! It was really appreciated and made the ceremony everything we dreamed it'd be. Thank you, Alexandra! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Sacha · Married on 05/13/2016

I wanted some strings for my ceremony. A friend had suggested the person she used but they were incredibly expensive given they insisted on two hours and i really only needed them for an hour max. I found this company through wedding wire. They were super quick to respond and to answer all my questions. Prices are very reasonable. I had a cello and a guitar for the ceremony. Everything went just as planned. While i can barely remember the music, I was told it was very nice :)

Sent on 06/03/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/16/2016

It was just perfect!!! They have played very beautifully, They were on time, polite and courteous. I am very happy with your services. I hope we could do business in the near future.
    Best regards,

Sent on 04/27/2016

Alexandra and her colleague played at our recent wedding the Montauk Club in Brooklyn. From the start, Alexandra was great to work with. She immediately got back to us when we requested information. We selected a cello and violin duo for our ceremony. Alexandra's website was great and really help guide us in picking out our ceremony music.

On the day of, Alexandra and her colleague showed up exactly on time. They played beautifully during our ceremony. We loved working with them and give them our highest recommendation.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/02/2016

Alexandra and her ensemble performed at my ceremony and cocktail hour. They played beautifully and were so professional! They even learned a new song to play during the ceremony for me (my friend sang a French aria) I'm so happy with them and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Alexandra and the pianist who worked with her at our wedding were phenomenal and just flawless. In addition to being very easy to work with and book (via email), her rates were reasonable and they were a big hit at our wedding. We had guests tell us all night how terrific they sounded during the ceremony and cocktail hour and one guest even got their card and is recommending them for a friend's wedding! I wish I had been a guest at our wedding so I had the chance to listen to more of their music. We had our wedding at Battery Gardens and they arrived early and setup quickly - I didn't have to worry about a thing. I highly recommend Alexandra and her team and can't wait for another opportunity to work with them again!

Sent on 01/07/2016

RAJEN · Married on 11/28/2015

Alexandra was a HIT!!!! Not only she performed flawlessly during the cocktail hour but she was MAGNIFICENT on our first dance song (All of me-John Legend). She and her team was very professional and went above and behind to provide a night to remember. I can't thank her enough.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Abie · Married on 11/13/2015

Everything was amazing and the music added an amazing ambiance to the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were extremely professional and responded quickly to any questions I had leading up to the event. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Davmek · Married on 11/07/2015

We highly recommend Alexandra NYC Cellist & Ensembles! Alexandra was very responsive and professional. She arrived on time and the music was fantastic. She has a wide repertoire of music, both classical and contemporary, and is very helpful in helping you make good selections. We hired her to play during our wedding ceremony and would hire her again.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Margot · Married on 10/11/2015

Alexandra was so great from the moment I first contacted her to play cello at my wedding. She was extremely responsive and professional over the entire course of wedding planning. While I didn't know which songs I wanted to have played when I first reached out to her, I was so excited once I made a final decision and everything came together. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Alexandra's team was incredible. The team was professional, was present two hours before the ceremony started and played everything we wanted to hear. They really created a beautiful ambiance to our cocktail hour and ceremony.

Sent on 11/14/2015

My favorite vendor at our wedding. We had a cello / guitar duet. The music was beautiful. Alexandra is very responsive and pleasant to deal with. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/20/2015

We hired two violinists and a cellist for the outdoor wedding ceremony and for the brunch reception at a restaurant afterwards. They somehow managed to be early for both events and greeted my guests with their music. It was magical! Compared to other local musicians in Brooklyn, I found them to be very reasonably priced, flexible, and very communicative. They were very professional and my guests and I were so impressed with them. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Christina · Married on 08/28/2015

We had Alexandra and her partner play at our ceremony (cello and violin) and they were amazing. Although it was a total blur of a day of me, everyone loved the music and how incredible they sounded. Many of my family members are musicians so it was important to me to find the right musicians. You will definitely get professionalism and nothing but beautiful, creative music. I will most definitely love to have Alex and her partners play at another event that I have.

Sent on 10/13/2015

robert · Married on 08/08/2015

she was extremely prompt, professional, and most important of all an excellent musician. she needed very little instruction and her and her colleague took it from there. definitely recommended. one of the few vendors during the wedding process i would consider a value.

Sent on 08/18/2015

We hired Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles to play at our cocktail hour. They sounded great and added a very elegant touch to our wedding. After the cocktail hour, we asked the quartet to move to our reception so they could play our special first dance song, Por Una Cabeza, a tango. Alexandra and team nailed it, they sounded exactly like the original recording. Our guests were very impressed and enjoyed the live music for cocktail hour and first dance. Thanks to Alexandra for her help!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Angela · Married on 06/28/2015

Alexandra was so amazing. Very professional and accommodating. My guest really loved their music, and didn't stop talking about them.
    I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 07/11/2015

The music was fantastic! Very professional an easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/06/2015