Alexandra & Ensembles Reviews

Alexandra & Ensembles 3
Alexandra & Ensembles 4
Alexandra & Ensembles 5

Kristian · Married on 09/30/2016

After searching for an amazing cellist, I finally found Alexandra! I went to Berklee School of Music, so having someone who was modern yet unique in her classical approach, was very important to me. I honestly could not stop listening to the demos on her music page because they were so beautiful so I knew that I had to have her and either a guitar or piano accompaniment for our wedding. She was so accommodating as well because we only needed her for while the guests were arriving and the ceremony and she really worked with us because I told her that I had to have her!! We would definitely recommend her for any wedding, party, etc!!!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Laura · Married on 09/10/2016

Alexandra played the music for our ceremony and was very responsive and professional. We gave her several songs not on her usual repertoire and she played them beautifully. I think her playing made quite the impression on my friend's children who were imitating her the whole week after the wedding! Would definitely recommend hiring Alexandra if you're looking for a musician who needs very little guidance and is very responsive.

Sent on 10/03/2016

shirley · Married on 09/03/2016

Alexandra was very responsive for all the questions I had when I was planing the wedding. She was very responsible and punctual. All guests said they played very wonderful and beautiful music. I highly recommenced them.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Lisa · Married on 07/30/2016

We booked a string trio to play during the cocktail hour of our wedding. They allow you to choose a selection of songs. They played beautifully. It was everything we had hoped for.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/30/2016

Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles did an amazing job at my wedding this summer! They arrived on time and were thoroughly prepared. They were also very flexible in being able to move their position when it started to rain a little (this was an outdoor wedding). They were talented and everything we could have asked for. Many guests at my wedding actually asked about where I found them because they were so impressed with their music. Again, could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2016

We are so happy that we chose Alexandra and Ensemble for our wedding on 7/22/16. From the very beginning she and her staff were so professional, accommodating, and responsive. I lucked out and found her online when searching for a cellist and knew immediately from the samples on the site she was a truly talented professional. My husband had a list of contemporary and rock songs he thought would be cool to hear on a cello, even some that were not on the sample list, and she was very accommodating. She arrived with ample time to familiarize herself with the venue and get her and her pianist situated as needed (we had an outdoor courtyard ceremony followed by an indoor cocktail hour). Everyone is still talking about how gifted she is! I even found out later that a close friend had used her in his wedding as well and loved her. You cannot go wrong choosing Alexandra and Ensemble. Hands down the highlight of our event. Thank you, Alexandra!!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Andrew · Married on 07/16/2016

Alexandra was so easy to communicate with. She provided suggestions, worked with the church and my wedding planner to ensure a beautiful ceremony. She did an amazing job.

Sent on 08/08/2016

alicia · Married on 07/16/2016

They were amazing. They played up to date music for us as well as classics. Made our day even more special.

Sent on 06/07/2017
  • F

Fangfei · Married on 06/25/2016

As my father and I are both former violinists, we were both particular about the quality of the string quartet we were going to hire for my wedding. Based on Alexandra's repertoire online, we decided that she'd be a good fit. Alexandra was very easy to work with -- all communications prior to the wedding were done through prompt and clear emails. I didn't get a chance to talk to her during the wedding, but she and her colleagues were definitely good-humored enough to let my father conduct the string quartet for fun.

The quartet did a fantastic job playing music for our ceremony and our cocktail hour. They played both classical pieces and string arrangements of popular music. On an amusing note, they played the Game of Thrones theme as the wedding party entrance song and also agreed to play the Rains of Castamere during cocktail hour (under our request, of course). Thank you Alexandra and company for a fantastic performance!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Jaime · Married on 06/24/2016

We just celebrated our anniversary party in the Hampton's and we had the privilege to experience Alexandra's and Boris's talent playing the cello and violin. All or friends ... -an eclectic, cultured and sophisticated group of talented people themselves- all loved the performance. The repertoire played was varied, all excellent choices and their ability to perform with feeling towards the moment, the place and the guests was fantastic ... we are already planning the next event so we can share these moments with them again ... and again!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Diandra · Married on 06/05/2016

My wedding was on June 5th, and they were amazing. Originally, I was going to just have a DJ play for the ceremony, but my mom said that I NEED an ensemble. After walking down the aisle to Alexandra Cellist and Ensembles, I knew my mom was correct. I was blown away with how beautiful they sounded. I was a bit nervous about not rehearsing with them, but they are so professional and everything just fell into place. I will also like to thank them for playing Amazing Grace as a memorial for my father. It was a pleasure to work with you, and I suggest that if anyone if looking for an affordable, professional and very talented ensemble, look no further. Thank you guys!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Jane · Married on 06/04/2016

We hired a trio (cello, violin, keyboard) through Alexandra NYC Cellist and Ensembles- and they were fantastic. They came early, dressed up professionally, and played beautifully. Alexandra is very responsive via email and the process of booking was simple and easy. It was a breeze working with them. We gave them a hard recessional song ("you make my dreams come true" - hall & oates) but they absolutely nailed it. My husband and I loved their performance and would highly recommend Alexandra & co.!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2016

Wonderful music. Many people said afterwards how perfectly the music set the tone.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Charlene · Married on 05/21/2016

Alexandra provided beautiful music during our wedding ceremony! We had wanted a couple of songs played that weren't on her list of choices and she was able to learn them for us! It was really appreciated and made the ceremony everything we dreamed it'd be. Thank you, Alexandra! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Sacha · Married on 05/13/2016

I wanted some strings for my ceremony. A friend had suggested the person she used but they were incredibly expensive given they insisted on two hours and i really only needed them for an hour max. I found this company through wedding wire. They were super quick to respond and to answer all my questions. Prices are very reasonable. I had a cello and a guitar for the ceremony. Everything went just as planned. While i can barely remember the music, I was told it was very nice :)

Sent on 06/03/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/16/2016

It was just perfect!!! They have played very beautifully, They were on time, polite and courteous. I am very happy with your services. I hope we could do business in the near future.
    Best regards,

Sent on 04/27/2016

Alexandra and her colleague played at our recent wedding the Montauk Club in Brooklyn. From the start, Alexandra was great to work with. She immediately got back to us when we requested information. We selected a cello and violin duo for our ceremony. Alexandra's website was great and really help guide us in picking out our ceremony music.

On the day of, Alexandra and her colleague showed up exactly on time. They played beautifully during our ceremony. We loved working with them and give them our highest recommendation.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/02/2016

Alexandra and her ensemble performed at my ceremony and cocktail hour. They played beautifully and were so professional! They even learned a new song to play during the ceremony for me (my friend sang a French aria) I'm so happy with them and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Alexandra and the pianist who worked with her at our wedding were phenomenal and just flawless. In addition to being very easy to work with and book (via email), her rates were reasonable and they were a big hit at our wedding. We had guests tell us all night how terrific they sounded during the ceremony and cocktail hour and one guest even got their card and is recommending them for a friend's wedding! I wish I had been a guest at our wedding so I had the chance to listen to more of their music. We had our wedding at Battery Gardens and they arrived early and setup quickly - I didn't have to worry about a thing. I highly recommend Alexandra and her team and can't wait for another opportunity to work with them again!

Sent on 01/07/2016

RAJEN · Married on 11/28/2015

Alexandra was a HIT!!!! Not only she performed flawlessly during the cocktail hour but she was MAGNIFICENT on our first dance song (All of me-John Legend). She and her team was very professional and went above and behind to provide a night to remember. I can't thank her enough.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Debra · event on 11/28/2015

I can't say enough about Alexandra!!! She performed at my daughter's engagement party, and we loved the music she played, including some more modern pieces that I requested. Alexandra was very professional: she always responded promptly to my calls and emails and came early on the day of the party to set up. I feel very comfortable recommending Alexandra!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Abie · Married on 11/13/2015

Everything was amazing and the music added an amazing ambiance to the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were extremely professional and responded quickly to any questions I had leading up to the event. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Davmek · Married on 11/07/2015

We highly recommend Alexandra NYC Cellist & Ensembles! Alexandra was very responsive and professional. She arrived on time and the music was fantastic. She has a wide repertoire of music, both classical and contemporary, and is very helpful in helping you make good selections. We hired her to play during our wedding ceremony and would hire her again.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Paul · event on 10/17/2015

Super talented artist.. It was great having them part of our day. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Margot · Married on 10/11/2015

Alexandra was so great from the moment I first contacted her to play cello at my wedding. She was extremely responsive and professional over the entire course of wedding planning. While I didn't know which songs I wanted to have played when I first reached out to her, I was so excited once I made a final decision and everything came together. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/13/2015