16 Reviews for Alexandra Abuza Floral & Garden

Corsages (2)
Non-Floral (2)
Chuppah Decor (1)
16 Alexandra Abuza Floral & Garden Reviews

Alex was incredible throughout my entire wedding planning process. I got married in October 2017 in NYC and after securing the venue, Alex was my second call! It was a true collaboration - she listened to all my ideas, my vision for the night and completely brought it to life. She always gave her honest opinion and made sure to be at every meeting. She was such a lovely person to communicate with and I can't wait to plan another event so I can hire her again!

Profile Picture Taylor, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Alex Abuza made all my floral dreams come true, and she'll do the same for you! Her work transformed my wedding into a beautiful landscape that, months later, I'm still getting compliments on from friends & relatives. I'm also a wedding planner by trade, and I've trusted Alex & her reliable team to make my clients' weddings beautiful for a number of years now-- she ALWAYS DELIVERS (and makes me look good!), so I've seen first hand the wide range of styles she can pull off with grace and ease.

When it came time to get married myself, I had a very unique vision for the wedding and I knew Alex was the perfect person to tackle floral. She took our Purple Rain inspiration and created a magnificent flower wall ceremony backdrop that looked EXACTLY like the back of the album cover. We were stunned by its beauty upon entering the space, so much so that when I saw how fabulous the wall was, I asked that we use it as the backdrop for our GIF Booth as well! While hiding out waiting for the ceremony to start, I heard comments and audible gasps from entering guests about how special the wall was. As if that weren't enough, she also made me the most gorgeous overflowing bouquet studded with bright pops of color that photographed like a dream against my dress and matched my untraditional affair perfectly.

I have had the pleasure of working with Alex both as a client and as a planner for other clients, and I can say with certainty you won't find a vendor who is a better listener, is easier to work with, or has greater vision than Alex Abuza. Your search for a florist stops here!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Alexandra was one of the most incredibly talented people we have ever worked with. When we first got engaged, we knew that we wanted to have a very intimate and family-focused fall wedding but with 200 people, we weren't sure exactly how to go about making it feel intimate and cozy. We found Alexandra's work on pinterest and met with her at a coffee shop in Brooklyn. We spent over an hour discussing our ideas with her and she was extremely patient, creative, and thoughtful. We knew from that minute on we had to work with her. During our venue walkthru, she brought samples of the flowers that were absolutely spectacular and we had no comments or changes whatsoever - she just had such an amazing grasp of the style we were going through and went above and beyond.

I didn't think the flowers could be better than the samples until our wedding day when I saw my bouquet - I have literally never seen anything like it and it is still one of my favorite details from the day. In addition to the florals, Alexandra was an invaluable creative asset and day of, even helped us style homemade pieces of art and pottery from our family members in addition to the florals. She also made specialty pieces such as two garlands for us celebrate my dad's indian heritage.

Our guests told us that they were the most amazing florals they had ever seen and even now as we are showing people wedding photos, they aren't even focused on us but rather the flowers :) If you are considering any other florists, stop and hire Alexandra instead. She completely transformed our venue and we are so grateful to have worked with her to make our wedding stunning.

Profile Picture Nina, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

We had a wonderful experience with Alex Abuza as our florist for the ceremony and reception. Alex put together a chuppah that was absolutely stunning, and with a limited budget she also made centerpiece arrangements that were warm and welcoming. And she did it all just a few weeks after having a baby!

Profile Picture John, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Alex was the florist for our wedding and she did a truly phenomenal job! Alex made sure that our flowers reflected the rustic theme that we wanted including several details that were difficult to execute. Alex is extremely personable and professional and many of our guests commented on how beautiful the bridal bouquets, chuppah, and reception design looked. We cannot speak highly enough about Alex and strongly recommend her for anyone planning their wedding. She is wonderful!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Please do yourself a favor and work with Alex - you will be so happy that you did! She was a joy to collaborate with: has a lovely personality, is incredibly approachable, sensitive to staying within a budget and above all, she is an incredible talent. Inspired by the fact that my husband and I met working on a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Alex designed our indoor ceremony venue to look like a hidden bower in the woods, filling the room with greenery, autumn foliage and a floral canopy to float above our heads. Walking down the aisle felt like walking into a fairy tale or fable - she completely transformed the space.

Another major highlight were the "living runners" she created for our communal dinner tables. Those ran the full length of our tables and were composed of green deer moss, autumnal fruit, bittersweet, sprigs of flowers, blue gourds, etc. I still have friends and family raving to me about how magical that dinner felt - like they were dining in the forest in the middle of Brooklyn.

I could not have been happier with the work Alex did for us and will recommend her to anyone that will listen! Please, again, do yourself a favor and contact her!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

Working with Alexandra was so great. She was sensitive and responsive, a great listener, and tremendously creative. She really made our fall wedding look majestic. I couldn't have been happier with the whole experience of working with her and how she made everything come together. Truly amazing. Actually my whole family was so happy with her that she ended up working with my sister several months later for my sister's wedding. And my sister couldn't have been happier either! She kept saying how Alexandra made the room look like a forest, which was exactly the look my sister was going for in the dead of winter. Couldn't recommend her more!

Profile Picture Diana, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

From our first conversation, emails and phone calls back and forth, and finally the big day, Alex was a complete joy to work with. She completely understood our slightly unorthodox aesthetic and came up with something beautiful and classic, but also vibrant and festive. Our venue was a large open space, and Alex made the room feel warm, lush, and incredibly personal. She uses creative elements, such as fruit (mini pineapples!!!) bold and bright textiles, and obviously the most gorgeous flowers I have ever seen. I never imagined something so beautiful. My husband and I were in shock when we entered the venue, and friends and family definitely felt the same way - as they were fighting for the centerpieces at the end of the night.

Profile Picture Grace, 6/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Out of all the wonderful details about my wedding day, what sticks out the most in my mind are the flowers and decor that Alex executed. She took every idea or thought that I had and made it better than I could have imagined without losing any of the integrity of the original thought. My wedding was about a month ago, and I am still hearing from friends and family who were blown away by the flowers, centerpieces, and tiny details that Alex and her team put together. Throughout the entire year leading up to our wedding, Alex was accessible and available, and always made us feel like a priority. She is not only lovely to be around, but is also brilliant at what she does and I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Alex was incredible from start to finish! After our first meeting I knew we were a perfect match and I loved her approach to brainstorming and concepting the vision for all the flowers and centerpieces. She worked within our budget and still made the arrangements look like a million bucks. The flowers were perfect and I appreciated her attention to detail, her beautiful eye for gorgeous blooms and her creativity. I would use Alex again in a heartbeat for any of my flower needs in the future! Thank you Alex!

Profile Picture Araminta, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Anyone who has planned a wedding now knows that there are tricky logistics to figure out once you have nailed down the general idea of what you want. Both my wife and I are from New Hampshire and wanted a small, intimate wedding with our immediate families and close friends. We wanted to strike a balance of beauty and elegance with refinement and understatement. One of the important ways we achieved this was through Alexandra Abuza Floral. In our conversations we felt Alex immediately understood what we were searching for, and sample photos she forwarded us bore this out. She helped us work through color selection, size and design, even down to the smaller details such as choice of vase. In the end, we never once worried about how our wedding flowers and bouquets would turn out. We had great trust in Alex and were very happy and pleased with the services she provided.

Profile Picture Sasha, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I have to admit it Alex was the easiest person we worked with during our wedding, we started off with just a flower arrangements nothing crazy and kept adding on. I think we changed up the bridesmaids and mother flowers twice but somehow she was always on top of it. We had a set budget and actually stayed within it unlike everything else, we were planning everything via email and phone which she did a great job at with sending us picture.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I was beyond pleased with Alexandra's work. She always listened carefully, communicated clearly and was responsive to all of my billion questions about colors, choices, deadlines, rates, schedules. She provided plenty of examples and images for inspirations when I wasn't sure what I wanted and guided me gently through the decision-making process. Very hard to do with brides! In the end, my bouquet, tables and boutonnieres were elegant, fresh and beautifully composed.

Profile Picture Leah, 4/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I Just want to say that Alex is an angel on this earth, and she is more than I could ever want for my wedding flowers and decoration. She is not just professional, but she is an amazing person to work with and put all your trust on your wedding day. She not just understood everything I showed her on my pinterest, but she gave it a twist on her own way but making it more beautiful and lovely. I was Brazil, sending her emails and talking about everything that I dreamed of on my wedding day. She made it look so beautiful, that nobody in the event could ever believe it. Also I had a tight budget, but she made a miracle with it. You will not only be blown away with her work, but with her as a person to have on your side during a very stressful moment of your life. I'm so glad I found her, and I could never thank her enough for the meaningful job she did. So delicate, vintage, earthy and beautiful. I loved her vision, and she made me cry but of happiness. Thank you so much Alex for everything.

Profile Picture Tathiana, 4/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Alexandra really put together beautiful arrangements for my bridal party and me...her attention to detail and quality of work was awesome and she was such a pleasure to work with. She worked within my budget and gave me exactly what I wanted. I would recommend her to anyone. Thank you, Alex!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews