Alden Castle: A Longwood Venue Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
    Michael T. Married on 10/19/2019

Great experience having our wedding at Alden Castle!

My wife and I had our wedding at Alden Castle and could not be happier with the experience that we had. From the start, we worked with Candice from Longwood Venues to plan and coordinate the big day. Candice was extremely helpful in making sure that all details big and small were accounted for. She was incredibly patient with us as we went through the process and worked to understand our dream wedding vision and helped us execute our vision perfectly. The venue itself and the rest of the Longwood staff were equally incredible. We did not need to worry about a thing day of as the staff took care of everything and made sure nothing was missed. Chef Roberto, also from Alden Castle, was responsible for all of our meals and we couldn't be happier with how all of the food turned out. Between the venue, the support staff, and the food, we cannot recommend Alden Castle enough!

Alden Castle: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Michael! We are thrilled that Candice, Chef Roberto, and the entire team at Alden Castle were able to make your wedding and planning process enjoyable. We would like to wish you a lifetime of love and happiness. Please stay in touch.
  • John
    John Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing Venue and Staff

Alden was incredible to work with. Our coordinator Carolyn was beyond helpful every step of the way- from floor planning, to our tasting, to day of coordination. Nothing was too crazy to ask, and everything we wanted (including a pre-ceremony granola bar for a very hungry bride) was tracked down and provided! Nothing slipped through the cracks and she and her team made sure we had the wedding of our dreams. I wish I could do it all over again just to work with them again!

Alden Castle: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, John! We are thrilled that our team was able to make sure you had the wedding of your dreams and that no one got hangry on their wedding day.
  • Haya
    Haya Married on 04/06/2019

The Perfect Venue & Vendor!

Alden Castle is a beautiful and elegant venue. From the moment we stepped in to see the Vintage Ballroom we were in love. Amanda P. helped us envision our wedding and we knew then we were in great hands. She also gave is great recommendations on what we needed, vendors she recommended as well as ideas on what to think about as we planned the wedding.

On our wedding day, the staff was amazing and went above and beyond to ensure that we were taken cared of throughout the whole day. My husband and I were in awe to the attention to detail and service we received. We've received compliments all night about the food, service and overall flow of the wedding and it was all due to our amazing coordinator Candice K. She was great throughout the whole process and coordinated with our vendors. I couldn't have asked for a better team to work with to make our day extra special.

A million thanks!

Alden Castle: A Longwood Venue's reply:

Thank you, Haya! A lot of love and hard work goes into the events we host at Alden Castle so we are glad you enjoyed the experience. Clients like you help to further our passion.
    J. Married on 06/17/2017
    Stay away!! We had our wedding here at Alden Castle in the summer of 2017, for about 130 guests. Long story short the air conditioning broke the day of our wedding and the staff did not tell us, lied to our guests about it, and did nothing to make guests comfortable or fix the situation. Bartenders were rude to our guests (I don't blame them as they were hot as hell and shouldn't have had to work in those conditions). All of our guests were very uncomfortable and we had people leave early.

I thought how dissapointed/mad/upset we were about the whole thing would fade with time, but it hasn't. Looking back at our wedding photos and seeing people clearly sweating makes us upset to this day and always will. Still feel embarrassed for all of our guests, almost all traveled very far to be there.

Would not recommend this venue or any other Longwood Venues location. Stay away unless you are going to spend $100,000 (then maybe they won't let something like that happen).

A real shame because the physical space is beautiful, and food was great as well. Head chef very friendly too.

Dear J,

We are very heavy hearted to read your review notes after our conversations in July. We believe that together we addressed your concerns and agreed on a fair resolution. Feedback is something we take very seriously. Alden Castle is a very special place that holds countless memories for many. We hope that you leave with a few fond moments to cherish.
    We wish you all the best in your lives together as husband and wife.

Sincerely,
    The Longwood Venues Team

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 06/25/2016
    I cannot express how AMAZING the staff at Alden was throughout the entire process planning our wedding. Their professionalism, enthusiasm, and dedication really made it effortless and stress free. Amanda and Michelle were incredible and we formed a friendship with everyone we encountered. They were all genuine and held our hands the whole way. Our wedding day was nothing short of incredible. Eliza was overwhelmingly helpful as our private concierge.

The venues beauty speaks for itself. Minimal decor the ballroom is breathtaking!! Our guests are still talking about the food! The presentation was amazing and the hardest part was choosing what to serve as it was all exceptional!!

If you are even considering using Alden as your vendor I more than HIGHLY recommend, I insist that you meet with them and fall in love instantly the way we did!!
    Danielle Married on 09/19/2015
    I cannot begin to say enough great things about Alden Castle. From the moment my husband and I booked well over two years ago until our wedding this past weekend, Alden Castle has been amazing.

We originally viewed Alden Castle first and immediately fell in love. The vintage ballroom is stunning and the neutral colors go with everything. Michelle told us everything we needed to know on this initial visit and even encouraged us to look at our venues so that we were confident. A quick tour at venues around Boston told us that Alden Castle was hands down one of the best.

After our wedding, I can honestly say that booking Alden Castle was one of the best decisions that we made. The staff was unbelievably helpful and grabbed anything that we could have possibly needed. Our bridal attendant even got my husband and I a tray of appetizers for us to enjoy after running around taking pictures...needless to say we were blown away from the start of our reception!

Alden Castle is 100% first class service. Our guests couldn't stop commenting how wonderful the wedding was, how amazing the venue was, and most importantly that the food was phenomenal. The food came out warm (which is surprisingly hard to do according to our guests) and tasted like restaurant quality.

Do yourself a favor and check out Alden Castle. I promise you that you won't regret it!

• User2245773 2+ years ago
    Kristin was amazing and I don't know what I would have done without her. Everything was perfect!!
    Mary B. Married on 07/26/2014
    My husband and I chose Alden Castle as our reception venue for our July 26, 2014 wedding. We reserved Alden Castle almost exactly a year prior to the wedding and from the time between reserving the date to the wedding, everything was perfect. We worked with Michelle Sagi to view the venue and reserve the date. She was extremely nice, professional and took the time to answer all of our questions in booking. After we reserved the date, we worked with Cindy Goodman for the year up to the wedding. My husband and I live in NYC and we thought it would be more challenging to plan a wedding in Boston, but Cindy went above and beyond to be accommodating and responsive. She even met with my parents and sister to show them the venue and answer their questions while my husband and I were in NYC. She promptly answered every email and phone call and also reminded us of when we should be booking other vendors and also provided us with recommendations. When you choose Alden Castle as your venue, you are also getting a wedding planner (Cindy) because she is so thorough. The actual wedding reception was everything we could have hoped for. The space is so beautiful and the staff did an AMAZING job. Everyone was so professional and the food was delicious. Our guests are still raving about the food. I would highly recommend Alden Castle !
  • User1758605 2+ years ago
    Everyone we worked with at Alden Castle from start to finish was absolutely amazing! Every questioned I asked was always answered and in a timely manner. I can not begin to explain how grateful I am for all the work that every one did, especially Cindy, to make our wedding extra special. The day was seamless and so fun! Thank you for everything!
    Sarah Married on 06/21/2014
    Alden Castle was a great venue for our reception! We booked it close to a year in advance and Cindy, our event planner, stayed in touch with us throughout the year. She kept us on a great timeline so everything felt very organized and stress free. She took care of all the little details so that our day was very well run and relaxing for us. She even made sure we had some quiet time and got some food and a beverage with our bridal party before we went to the cocktail hour. Very attentive! It's a beautiful space with very professional staff. And the food was great!! We got so many compliments on what a yummy meal it was.
    Rebecca Married on 06/07/2014
    Thank you, thank you to Michelle and Cindy for making our wedding an amazing and memorable day! The venue is beautiful, the staff is accommodating and responsive to any changes that you want. Anything is possible! This is not an inexpensive venue, however you absolutely receive what you pay for and Cindy listens closely to every concern you have and works with you every step of the way. I could not have asked for a better event coordinator to help bring our vision together. We will miss working with you!
    Melina Married on 05/30/2014
    We were one of the unfortunate couples who were to be married 7 weeks before our wedding venue burned down (Lakeview Pavillion, Foxboro, MA) However, our dreams came true when we stumbled upon the Alden Castle. From the first phone call they were nothing but the best, most empathetic, and kind people we have ever met. They accommodated us in every single way possible, and made sure that those last 7 weeks would be stress free. They were not kidding, and they made it so easy to feel like if we had picked them right from the beginning. We completely forgot that we had just gone through a really stressful moment, it was unreal to feel that way in a week given the circumstances. Besides the fact that their entire staff were professional sweethearts, their venue is absolutely breathtaking. Simply gorgeous!!! The food was absolutely incredible!!! our guests still talk about it!! We thank the stars above for letting us find this wonderful venue and such beautiful humans running it!! We recommend that everyone choose this place for such a momentous occasion in your life, you will not be disappointed. You will know your dream will have come true. Thank you for everything Amy, Cindy, and Michelle... We are forever thankful and blessed to have met you!!! (sorry for the late post)
  • User1696751 2+ years ago
    I would highly recommend anyone get married at Alden Castle. The staff is amazingly responsive and helpful, and will listen to your individual needs and vision for your wedding and go above and beyond to make it happen. Cindy was our coordinator and she made so much of the planning process stress free. It was so nice I have someone who called all other vendors the week before the wedding and confirm dates and times. If anything went wrong, I don't even know about, because the Alden castle staff did such an amazing job we were completely shielded from issues. And the food! Our guests still rave about it!
  • User1627889 2+ years ago
    We had a wonderful experience with Alden Castle. Cindy was extremely helpful and professional. She guided us throughout the entire wedding planning process. Cindy is a master at her trade and did not miss a beat. We felt completely confident in her hands. The Wedding was a huge success! Gorgeous venue! Amazing service! Excellent food! We would highly recommend this venue for any Boston wedding!
  • User1634302 2+ years ago
    It wouldn't be possible to say enough phenomenal things about Cindy Goodman, our Alden Castle coordinator, or the Alden Castle team in general. So many of our guests have commented on how professionally and smoothly everything was handled by the venue. When we arrived, we found a tray of our cocktail hour appetizers waiting for us and two glasses of champagne. All of the food was phenomenal, and our wedding went off without a hitch!
  • User1622856 2+ years ago
    I have only positive things to say about Alden Castle... they were amazing. From the first interaction with them, when we met with Michelle, throughout our entire planning process with Cindy, everyone has just been so kind, thorough and organized. Cindy is extremely attentive and responds to emails almost immediately. We did not have a worry at all on the day because we knew she was on top of everything. We had our reception there on April 26, 2014. We had 100 guests in the club room, which fit perfectly. We did plated dinners of filet mignon and chicken and the food was delicious, even better than our tasting. The cake was also amazing. The service was impeccable the entire night as well. Definitely recommend!!!
    A, Married on 12/07/2013
    Gorgeous venue, five-star food, extremely professional staff and absolutely perfect service. Hands down best decision we made for our wedding.
    Justine Married on 10/25/2013
    Absolutely amazing, I can’t say enough good things about the Longwood event group. Cindy Goodman, the event coordinator, was fantastic. Very hands on, always responsive to e-mails and phone calls, and really on top of everything. She was almost like a part wedding planner as she provided suggestions, let me know how certain things are done (ie when do I send out invitations?) She took all of my decorations and handled them perfectly on the day. The venue itself is gorgeous (you really do feel like you’re in a castle ballroom). Alden also upgraded my cocktail hour to the club room which was very spacious. The food is amazing, all the guests were commenting on it. The staff were extremely professional, and several guests came up to after to say so, commenting on things like how every waiter comes to eat place setting and sets everyone’s food down at the same time. Waiters came up to guests at tables asking if they could get them a drink, even though we didn’t pay for tableside wine service or anything. I was very well taken care of myself, with a bridal assistant who made sure I always had what I needed, whether it be a drink or a piece of every flavor cake! Can’t recommend Alden enough!
    Julie Married on 10/19/2013
    Alden Castle and its staff are, in a word, incredible. I could not have been happier with this venue or the service provided by the Alden Castle team. Michelle Sagi and Cindy Goodman were an incredible resource and they made everything so much easier for me, my husband and my whole family. They provided us with great references for vendors from the florist to our hotel room block. I cannot imagine what planning our wedding would have been like without them! They made every effort to get to know my husband and me so that our event would reflect everything that we wanted. They provided honest and candid advice when we asked for their opinions, which was invaluable and made decision making a breeze. They always responded to my barrage of daily emails in a timely manner and made sure to reach out and check in on me throughout the entire planning process. The service you receive when you host an event at Alden Castle is beyond compare and I have recommended the venue to friends and family for their future events without hesitation. The space is classic and timeless and completely took my breath away from the moment that I first visited. I look forward to hosting future events at Alden Castle and will always regard Cindy and Michelle as dear friends.
  • O
    Ola Married on 08/31/2013
    "Our wedding of about 75 people was held in the Modern Club at Alden Castle. The space itself is heaven. The hardwood floors, the gold leafed ceiling, and the glass chandeliers were just some of the space highlights. I didn't want the same old hotel ballroom and this fit our vision perfectly. It was just the right mix of vintage chic and elegance.

My experience with the staff was excellent. From the moment I met Michelle (the Dir. who showed me the space), to Cindy, our fabulous and super organized wedding coordinator, right down to the entire staff during the wedding and the following day at our farewell brunch. My bridal attendant was an angel in disguise and was by my side whenever I needed anything - even ensuring I took a minute to eat something (b/c let's face it, eating is the last thing on a bride's mind when she wants to connect with everyone) My husband and I both felt that the staff went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. They excel at customer service!

The food was superb, every dish was cooked to perfection. I don't think there was one guest who didn't praise the excellence.

We truly could not have asked for anything better. I wouldn't hesitate whatsoever to recommend this venue to anyone getting married.”
    Alyssa Married on 03/16/2013
    A++++++++
    GREAT service, amazing venue, one of a kind, worth every penny.
    Drew Married on 06/02/2012
    We received ridiculous personal care and attention at Alden Castle. It seemed like we were their only clients, and that should be taken as the highest of compliments. There were some moments of frustration regarding the venue and the changes that the management made during our preparation, but I will say that they were handled professionally and creatively, and in the end, the final results ended up exceeding our expectations. Cindy (and Michelle) went above and beyond to solve our problems, which only added to our overall satisfaction and experience. Anyway, I'm confident that Alden Castle is behind those issues now with the renovations complete.

Needless to say, both my wife and I are thoroughly impressed with the venue and the staff. We knew people would have fun, and we were confident that there would be compliments flying our way days following the event about the music, ceremony, and other personal touches. What we didn't expect was that guests would rave about how attentive the servers were. Countless individuals told me that everyone working there was so polite and so organized. There was no aimless wandering, puzzled looks, or strange downtime, which I am learning is quite common at these types of events. There was food everywhere during the cocktail hour, and the champagne toast worked perfectly. Everyone was ready to go when the big moment came. Oh, and I have heard over and over again that the food was insanely good (which we already knew). I know the feedback is genuine because it's usually led with something like, "usually the food at weddings is ok at best, but..." Words I've heard to describe the food following that sentiment include, "moist," "delicious," "fluffy," "tasty," and, my favorite, "warm." I guess people aren't used to their food arriving at an edible temperature at weddings!

Whenever my wife and I talk about how smoothly everything went, which seems to be at least once an hour, the discussion always ends with us confirming how lucky we were to have our event there, and that we made the perfect decision when it came to choosing our wedding venue. And we thank Alden Castle one last time for making it possible. We are truly riding a high just over a month after the event, as are our many friends that shared the evening with us. We will be recommending Alden Castle whenever possible.
    Joanne Married on 06/25/2011
    I am not sure how to express the perfection provided by Veronique for our daughter's wedding. The staff treated us like royalty. The wedding plans were overseen by one of the most organized, pleasant and available people we have ever worked with. This was not our first rodeo, but our second event at Veronique. It is a treasure of old world, continental beauty. It is well laid out and the food is restaurant quality. I think the royal family missed the mark and should have chosen Veronique. We are so very glad we did!
    Aitza Married on 09/07/2008
    Our wedding at Veronique was amazing. The food was unbelievable. We definetly overfed our guests but that was very important for us. The venue itself is so breathtaking. The night was magical. All the guests were very impressed with the food, the venue and the staff. I cant reccomend this place enough. I know that it is not right in Boston as some would like but it has the benefit of being close to the city and it also was more affordable than a lot of places we saw. Our wedding cake ... I couldnt have asked for anything better. We should them a picture of what we wanted and also they were able to take some details from our wedding invitation and implement them into the cake. Unbelievable and so delicious.
    Brianne Married on 04/12/2008
    Our wedding was simply amazing. Every guest we have spoken to has said it was one of the best they had been to. The food alone has received so many compliments. While Veronique is pricey, they really do an incredible job with every detail. Gourmet food, exceptional service, gorgeous room. They even give you a "bridal assistant" for the day; she never hovered, but somehow was always there when I needed something - including changing shoes! The year it took us to plan our wedding was so easy, because they helped with every little thing! I only saw two reception sites, and booked Veronique within 24 hours of visiting them!