Albemarle Limousine Reviews

33 | Charlottesville, VA

33 Reviews for Albemarle Limousine

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2017

Beautiful car and great for photos! They were very accommodating with our plans for the car and the driver was so friendly. We had a very positive experience with this company and couldn't have imagined a better "get-away" on our big day. :)

Sent on 06/28/2017
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/23/2015

Folks at Albemarle Limo were very helpful in working through some complex transportation arrangements. In the end, everything went absolutely smooth and according to plan. Thanks for making my new daughter's and my son's wedding much less stressful!

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 05/04/2019

One bus for multiple locations

We booked Albemarle Limo for our guest transportation from two hotels in Charlottesville to our venue (James Monroe's Highland). They were able to change the bus from a 47 pass to a 55 pass a few days before due to more people being at the hotels than we thought. They were very responsive to emails and questions, especially when I got an email for an incorrect charge on the morning of the wedding (and induced a major freak out on my part)- they were very fast at rectifying that and finding out what happened (an error in their system). From what our guests said- they bus was on time and the driver was fantastic!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Katelyn · Married on 09/09/2017

We used a 24 person "party limo" type shuttle for our wedding in Orange, VA. We had two guests staying at two different locations and Albemarle was excellent about making sure that all guests arrived on time. My friends also let me know that the driver, Gillie was a lot of fun, made an extra stop for refreshments and let them play whatever music they wanted. It was a great way to help our friends get the party started early, and keep it going once the reception was over. There were a few extra fees associated with a pick up outside of Charlottesville, but in the end, the service and safety of our guests were worth the price.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Ed · Married on 10/10/2015

A first-class operation with a professional staff. Remember to adjust your needs of transportation based on your wedding attendance. October has become a very popular month and the availability of equipment (buses/limos) may be an issue. I suggest planning ahead and understand your time constraints. If you originally plan on 150 people and your exact count is reduced to 100, you need to adjust your equipment needs within X days based on your contract or you will incur the cost of the equipment needs for your original plan. Jennifer, the co-ordinator, was excellent.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Albemarle Limousine's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you and your family Ed! October is now our craziest wedding month and with 10.10.15 this year that made the day super popular! We are glad that we were there for your transportation needs.

Courtney · Married on 10/22/2016

3.0

We rented a 32 passenger van planning on most of our guests staying across town at the Oakhurst Inn...however our reception location became much more affordable and most of our guests stayed directly at the Boars Head Inn. This meant three weeks before the wedding we were stuck with a 32 passenger van for five people. Albemarle was nice enough to move us into a 14 passenger, however it really was a waste. Unfortunately only 4 guests took the transportation and we were out $1200.

Sent on 02/18/2017
  • Patti

Patti · Married on 10/19/2013

3.8
      3.0

Our limo driver was on-time and provided a smooth ride home, but actually got a little lost and would have driven by the house if we hadn't pointed it out to him.

Sent on 11/12/2013

1.0
      1.0

HORRIBLE experience. I have used this company twice now and not had a wonderful experience either time. The second encounter and the one which was a much worse experience was for our wedding. We hired numerous of their buses to provide transportation to and from our guests houses to our venue. My mom had talked to them about making a trip out the area to do a test run but they said it was not necessary. Then, a few days before the wedding they decided "hey maybe that would be a good idea since you all are paying us all this money and we have never been there." They came down and determined that most of the houses they couldnt get their smaller passenger buses to and guests would have to drive to another location and get picked up there. WHY are we hiring you to then make our guests drive anyway?? Most of the roads were really not that hard to get into at all and we didnt ask them to go into any driveways (just the road it was on) - I truly think I could have done it myself. The company was being difficult and lazy in my opinion and needless to say we were very unhappy with their services. We had to inform many of our guests a day before the wedding that they would have to drive to get the bus after we told them prior that transportation would be provided. Many people ended up just driving themselves to the wedding because they were being told to drive somewhat anyway. This lead to having much more bus space than was needed - one 48 passenger bus showed up with 12 people on it. So we paid for services that didnt end up being used and then to top it all off, they charged us extra because they said they thought service ended at 12 not that pickup was at 12. I would not recommend this company to anyone and most definitely will not use them in the future!

Sent on 06/27/2013