62 Reviews for MINISTER ALAN, Officiant

No Denomination (6)
Non-religious (5)
Single Religion (2)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)

My wife (thanks Alan! :)) and I were looking for a non-denominational minister to conduct our ceremony and spoke to several before choosing Alan. What made our decision so easy was the immediate professionalism and care he put into the whole process. We live in Seattle and decided to hold our wedding back home in NY. What impressed us right off the bat was how accommodating Alan was with Skype. He reviewed the entire process with us and made a real effort to understand our relationship.

We were dreading picking an officiant for our wedding because most we found were a bit too casual for us. We wanted someone who we connected with and could trust would be more than capable of personalizing the experience in a professional way. We also wanted the pomp and circumstance of a religious wedding minus the religion, and Alan delivered in spades. He worked with us for two months to get our vows in place, determine a meaningful ritual (we decided to have a hand-fastening) and even went out of his way to meet with us in person during one of our weekend planning trips to the area.

On wedding day, he was prompt and took care of all the setup needed. He calmed our nerves when they needed calming and truly felt like a friend by the end of the day. We highly recommend Alan and will certainly reach out to him to renew our vows in the future!

Profile Picture George, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Non-religious

We got married in June and I cannot tell you how amazing Minister Alan was! From the moment my husband and I met with him, we both knew he was who we wanted to marry us! He was super easy to work with and made the marriage process much less complicated than my husband or I had thought it might be. The entire night of our wedding, we kept getting compliments on how amazing his ceremony was! I highly recommend Minister Alan to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Single Religion, Customized Vows

Minister Alan was thoroughly kind and professional from the moment we met him all the way through our wedding day ceremony. We are so happy to have had him as a part of our wedding.

Profile Picture David, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Very easy to speak with and is willing to listen to different ideas. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture kristina, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Minister Alan performed such a beautiful ceremony for me and my husband on November 4th, 2017. From start to finish, he was a pleasure to work with. Any time I had questions about the ceremony, the readings, our vows or any changes to be made, he responded right away and made that part of the wedding planning process seem like a breeze. All of our guests also told us how beautifully worded our ceremony was and I couldn’t have been happier. At the end of our ceremony I was so happy to be given the entire written version of our ceremony- it’s a great keepsake if you’re into that kind of stuff and he puts it in a really nice folder with your names on it. I’d highly recommend Minister Alan to anyone who is looking for an officiant, religious or non-religious because he really takes the time to understand what it is YOU want as a couple which is very important.

Profile Picture Natalie, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I would highly recommend Minister Alan to all couples. He was professional, responsive, and willing to create a ceremony for us that fit our vision. I was raised Catholic and my husband is Jewish; it was important to both of us to have our cultures represented without the wedding being overly religious. Alan co-officiated our ceremony with my husband's uncle who never performed a ceremony before. We were confident in this arrangement given Alan's expertise, organization, and can-do attitude. So many guests approached me at the reception and remarked on how beautiful the ceremony was, which was truly all because of Alan. Minister Alan was an absolute pleasure to work with, and if I had to do it over again, he would be my first phone call!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Minister Alan was so incredible from the moment we reached out for a first meeting all the way up to our "I DO's"! He was very on top of everything, always sending reminders and super helpful when it came to writing our own vows. We would highly recommend his services as you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We loved working with Minister Alan through the entire process up to the day of our wedding. He was so helpful editing our vows, writing our ceremony, coaching us through the preparation process. He was the right officiant for us with his tone and words. We were looking for a spiritual ceremony that was custom-made for us and he gave us that. Thank you MInister Alan.
Nathalie & Woodley.

Profile Picture Nathalie, 9/3/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination

I am so happy we found Minister Alan. My (now) Hubby and I needed a fast, quick and easy ceremony to be done now and next year, we will be doing the big fancy wedding. I literally emailed Alan late at night and that next day, we were able to coordinate and arrange a time and place to get married. He was so quick with his responses and so accommodating. I couldn't believe he was willing to meet us within hours of reaching out to him. The place he recommended was also so beautiful. It was just perfect timing, perfect place and will definitely be keeping him in mind for next years big wedding. Thank you again Minister Alan!

Profile Picture User7019877, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

Minister Alan was amazing! He was so helpful throughout the process. I strongly suggest utilizing his services for your wedding!

Profile Picture Mer, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination

Very professional and flexible, will guide you through your ceremony with tips from his experience.
Highly Recommended

Profile Picture Katherine, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Minister Alan was very professional, organized and helpful. He sent us samples of vows and explained everything we needed to get our marriage license. He ran our rehearsal which was really helpful and did an excellent job officiating on our big day. He has a good clear speaking voice and everything about our ceremony went very smoothly. He even gave us a really nice binder of our vows, and all of the readings, and our marriage certificate after the ceremony was over which is such a nice keepsake. We found his price to be reasonable as well. Thank you Minister Alan we couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Minister Alan was easy to work with, we instantly felt comfortable with him. He gave us advice regarding our vows, ceremony readings, and how to prepare for our marriage license. It was a seamless experience.

Profile Picture Veronica, 5/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Choosing a Minister is no easy task but my husband and I could not have been happier with our decision! Minister Alan was professional, prompt, organized and an absolute joy to work with (I believe he even moved a plant that was off center to make everything look better). We have received so many wonderful comments about how beautiful our ceremony was. It was a perfect day and we are so very thankful Minister Alan was a part of it. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a Minister, you will be very happy! Thank you again for a fantastic day!

Profile Picture Leigh Anne, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Minister Alan was great. Very professional, walked us through the process. We felt very comfortable and happy with Minister Alan's services. I highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Julio, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Do not hesitate in booking Minister Alan! He was well worth every penny we spent. He was professional, very easy to work with, helpful in editing our vows to ensure they were similar in tone and length, and performed an amazing ceremony that set the tone for our entire evening. Through out our wedding reception, our family and friends were raving about how beautiful the ceremony was. We are still getting compliments on it months later!

Profile Picture Kierstin , 3/31/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Single Religion

Minister Alan was amazing and made our ceremony truly magical. We were really concerned about not having any religious items incorporated in the ceremony, but he worked with us to make sure it was very special and meaningful. He was also very open to our suggestions and edits-- taking the time to listen to our needs and adding personal touches that helped tell our love story. I would highly recommend him for any couple!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Minister Allan was the best! He wrote a gorgeous ceremony and was extremely professional and made our day so special. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Renee, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We chose Minister Alan after speaking with several officiants, and we are very glad we went with him. He was very professional and adept in customizing the ceremony to our needs, even making a valiant effort to speak some words in another language! Minister Alan was always responsive to all of our questions, and his empathy and attention to detail were exactly what we needed from him. In addition, several of our guests came up to us after the ceremony and mentioned that Minister Alan did a great job in striking the right tone for the setting and delivering his words in a way that really resonated with the guests. We are grateful for his role in our wedding, and we would highly recommend him to any couple.

Profile Picture Jae, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I cannot express how happy I am with choosing Minister Alan as our officiant. The amount of people that came up to us after the ceremony to tell us how beautiful the words were that Minister Alan chose to use was overwhelming. Aside from the actual ceremony, working with Minister Alan was a great pleasure. We started with a very informative Skype call on a Sunday nonetheless to accommodate my husband and I's crazy schedule. He then walked us through selecting the perfect personal and ring vows by presenting us with various options. On the day of he was calm and reviewed everything with us both and really stood by my husbands side to guide him through the crowd as they walked to the ceremony location, which my husband still talks about how appreciative he was of that so that he could have a few minutes of solitude without guests continuously coming up to him. Overall I would highly recommend Minister Alan, he was one of our best choices in wedding vendors. Thank you for a great ceremony!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Minister Alan was great and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding. Preparing for the ceremony started months ahead and Minister Alan helped walk us through the process and was quick to respond to any questions we had. Day of ceremony he kept our anxiety to a minimum and the ceremony couldn't have ran any smoother. Everyone raved how much they loved it!

Profile Picture Josh, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Wedding planning can seem strenuous, at times overwhelming… It can feel the entire day weighs solely on any one small detail. Luckily, we had Minister Alan on our side. Minister Alan understands these anxieties and manages his clients’ nerves better than one can ever hope for. Going far above and beyond the expected duties of an ordained minister, he offered us a level of confidence and provided us a sense of ease from start to finish. Leading up to our wedding Minister Alan guided us and spoke with us frequently. He helped compose our vows, then made sure they were perfectly executed. He helped select readings, then made sure the readers were confident. Minister Alan not only took the time to shape our ceremony, but he became immersed in our entire day. He quickly familiarized himself with our families, got to know our wedding parties, and most unexpected of all, he helped coordinate all vendors associated with the ceremony upon his arrival. As the ceremony took shape, and the 185 guests were eagerly listening, Minister Alan spoke like that of a true professional. He demanded attention, while still allowing all eyes on my wife and I. Although it was short, at our request, it felt like the most perfectly crafted twenty minutes. For all that went into it, Minister Alan made sure every second of the event had its purpose.

Minister Alan showed himself to be a man of few words, but somehow, very naturally, offered endless comfort. We may not have known him long before June 17th, but on that day, we felt he was truly there not just with his words, but also his heart.

Profile Picture Gregory + Alexandra, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Minister Alan was wonderful! At our initial meeting, he was extremely organized and prepared. He listened to our ideas for our ceremony and gave us many helpful suggestions along the way. When it came time for my husband and I to write our vows, Alan provided us with many great samples that we were able to look to for inspiration. Within a week of our first meeting, he sent us a draft of our ceremony and worked with us until every detail was perfect. He ran a smooth rehearsal and performed our ceremony on our wedding day without a hiccup. I received numerous compliments from our wedding guests about how great he was. I would definitely recommend Minister Alan to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows

Minister Alan is FANTASTIC. We called several officiants before we found him and he was the most flexible and professional officiant we had talked to in our search, and so we met. Our meeting was at Panera Bread where we ate lunch and he got to know us. He was incredibly warm and easy to speak with. He was very detailed, explained all of our choices, what the process looked like, and the importance of the ceremony to us and our guests. Within a week, he had emailed us the draft of the ceremony in full detail for us to review, change, etc. He also provided the proper information for the legal process of getting the marriage license, changing the name, and filing for the marriage certificate.
Minister Alan also provided us with our rehearsal which we asked for rather late, but he did not hesitate to come to the venue and run through the process with ourselves and our families.
On the day of the wedding, we couldn't be happier with the ceremony. His voice is strong and he spoke to our guests with poise. My husband and I clung to his words, and while we had read it all before, hearing him say it was just beautiful. At the end of the ceremony, he gave us a bound hard copy of the ceremony that was read for us as a keepsake. When the wedding weekend was over, I received an email reminding me how to go about filing for the marriage certificate and who to contact. Above and beyond.
Minister Alan is one of the most kind and professional people I have worked with. I would recommend him for any type of ceremony, this man truly has a gift to make your day feel extra special.

Profile Picture Veronica, 11/13/15, 1 Review