AK Brides - Wedding Planning Services Reviews

51 | Birmingham, AL

51 Reviews for AK Brides - Wedding Planning Services

Trisha · Married on 03/22/2014

Anita is amazing!! I can not imagine planning a wedding without her. She is on top of everything, organized and very quick to respond. She was such a big help with my daughter's wedding especially since I live out of town and could not always make it to the vendor meetings. Anita has such a calming personality and whenever we would start to worry about something we just said " Anita will take care of it" and she always did! Anita is very conscious of budget concerns and worked very hard to keep us without our budget. On the home from the wedding, my husband said that he thought the best money we spent was on Anita. We were able to enjoy the wedding weekend without having to worry about any details. Thank you so much Anita!!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/05/2013

Anita is an amazing planner and consultant. Her knowledge and experience (and calming personality because I most definitely needed it some days) helped to plan and bring to reality our vision of our DREAM wedding! She is very thorough and supportive in all areas of the planning process. I felt completely confident with placing our wedding in her hands. I am so very thankful to have worked with Anita! She truly is an expert at what she does :)

Sincerely,
    Lisa Dove Smith

Sent on 10/17/2013

Maureen · Married on 07/27/2013

Anita was wonderful! She made everything run smoothly and was very organized. She was also sweet and made me feel calm which was exactly what I needed on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/16/2013

In the beginning, I was opposed to using a wedding planner. Too expensive and not necessary were my thoughts, although my opinions came primarily from what I had seen on TV and Movies. My daughter convinced me to just look into it, so I googled "Wedding Planners Birmingham", and found Anita Kanellis. I showed my daughter the site, and we both got so excited because what we saw on the AK Brides website just fit our personality so beautifully. Anita seemed so genuine, humble and appeared to really care. We both fell in love from her the minute we met her, and the experience just got better as time passed. Anita was comforting to me as a mother, full of wonderful information and ideas, and put together a top-notch team for us. She ALWAYS returned my phone calls and her work ethic and follow up was impeccable. As I'm typing, it feels really odd to say that we felt truly loved and cared for by the team of vendors, but that is the way we felt, and my daughters wedding day was everything she had dreamed of and more. I would highly recommend Anita Kanellis / AK Brides!!!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Anita was amazing!!! She was happy to do anything I asked and would even meet with me for 4-6 hours at a time when we needed to! She always made me feel welcome to call or email and never made me feel like a burden. She was always calm and collected. She was truly a blessing to entire wedding!!

Sent on 05/29/2013

jeanne · Married on 09/15/2012

Anita is WONDERFUL!!!!! She is everything thing you want in a wedding planner ..organized ,creative and caring. She took the time to get to know what my daughter and her fiance wanted and planned a BEAUTIFUL MAGICAL day. She thought of details that simply MADE the reception. There are so many vendors to find the photographer, cake, caterer etc. it can be overwhelming and a wrong decision can be disastrous. No worries if Anita is your planner. She will find you the BEST people and then work with them to make sure you dreams come true. I also appreciate the fact that she returned my calls promptly.I can not recommend her enough. I had very high expectations and not only did Anita exceed them but she made the whole planning process fun. She is simply the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Anita is a stellar wedding planner! She repeatedly went above and beyond the call of duty in making sure my needs/wishes were met. Also, she's so awesome we would have invited her to the wedding anyway.

Sent on 08/03/2012

Christina · Married on 07/14/2012

Ohhh goodness, what would I do without Anita!?! Hiring Anita was one of my best decisions I made during my wedding planning process. Our wedding went PERFECTLY, and it's obvious that's the goal for Anita in every wedding she plans. An important quality I was looking for in a wedding planner was responsiveness and communication. Anita answered my questions and concerns very efficiently and promptly. As a bride planning a extensive wedding, this meant everything to me. She allowed me to explore options and ideas, and then helped me execute for the wedding I always dreamed of. If you want the perfect wedding, you must have Anita!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Trameika · Married on 03/24/2012

Anita is my celebrity planner! She is great and has a super personality for her career!! I am a very organize person but she made my wedding plans much easier. She has become a good friend of mine also. She put me in touch with all the right vendors, even from travel planner for honeymoon! She is very professional and I adore her along with the rest of the wedding team that my husband and I chose! My day was perfect and relaxing! Anita is the best!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Cindy · Married on 11/05/2011

Anita is a pleasure to work with and goes over and beyond what it takes
    to make your wedding a memorable and exciting occasion!

Sent on 12/07/2011

evelyn · Married on 01/15/2011

in all your expenditures please consider a wedding coordinator if not a wedding planner. I did all the planning however the person who ties everything together and ensures that the wedding day runs smoothly, should not be the mother of the bride or the bride. There is no way you can enjoy this momentous dayif you're worried about what comes next and when. Give yourself a treat and spend the money - you're spending it on everybody else. you may regret other things but you'll never regret spending this money.

Sent on 02/11/2011

Alexis · Married on 01/15/2011

Anita was professional but also personable and caring. I could talk to her like a friend and knew she had my best interests in mind throughout the whole planning process. I would recommend her to any and everyone I know. My best friend is using her for her upcoming wedding! Anita definitely made my life this year so much easier and stress free. Thanks so much for making our wedding absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 02/12/2011

L · Married on 06/05/2010

Anita was very professional during the wedding planning & on the wedding day. Knowing she would handle any issue that would arise (& there were a couple on the big day) made my day the way any bride's day should be - perfect!

Lauren · Married on 01/16/2010

I am actually a very organized person or so I thought until I hired Anita Kanellis to assist me in my daughter's wedding. Not only did she thoroughly cover every detail way beyond my expectations, she went the extra mile to deal with any unexpected events that might raise their head during the festivities.
    I would not even consider planning another wedding without her help. She is my first hire from here on out. In the long run she actually saved us several hundred dollars as she kept us from making mistakes along the way. I cant say enough praises about her skillset as well as her kind and concerned personality.

Vicki · Married on 10/13/2009

Anita Kanellis is a fabulous wedding planner. She listens to what the bride wants and makes it happen. There are too many details for the bride and her family to take care of alone. Anita makes everything possible.

Sent on 02/13/2011

Courtney · Married on 10/03/2009

Anita helped make my special day so much more enjoyable! I could not have done it with out her. She was super organized and professional. We didn't have to worry about a thing!!!!

Sent on 02/20/2011

Kimberly · Married on 05/07/2011

I would recommend Anita to other brides looking for a wedding planner. Anita is very experienced and knowledgeable. She was able to provide me with suggestions of reputable vendors she had worked with in the past. She also worked well with seeking out new vendors and insuring they would be reliable. She ordinated all the meetings with the vendors took notes at the meetings and knew what questions to ask. Throughout the planning process Anita keep a file of all the vendors’ information from our meetings and a budget. Most people will tell you when planning a wedding that everything is not going to go as planned, but honestly with Anita as my wedding planner everything turned out perfect. The day of the wedding was a dream. Anita was very professional in handling all the coordination of the vendors, making the day run very smoothly. Anita was available to talk with any time day or night throughout the process. Anita has been in the business along time and has a great reputation. She is great at what she does and she truly loves making brides happy.

Sent on 07/31/2011

Megan · Married on 12/18/2010

Anita was so great to me and my mom during my planning process! Most brides told me that I would not remember a single moment of my wedding day and it would be over in a flash. Well, it sort of was over before I knew it; however, because Anita was there I was able to relax all day. We were constantly ahead of schedule. After pictures I was even able to take my dress off, put on a silky white robe, and sit and have wine with my mom and bridesmaids for a whole hour. We listened to music and laughed. Everything ran so smooth and it was the day of my dreams. Even my not-so-involved fiance had a BLAST and shed several tears of happiness. I know that things would not have run so well without Anita. If she hadn't been there, it would have been me or my mom who was running around like mad-women. We left that job to Anita! :) I suggest EVERY BRIDE have an Anita on her team!

• Greta

Greta Sandy · Married on 10/26/2019

Anita is the best!

Anita was absolutely wonderful! We spent a year and a half planning our wedding and she was there each step of the way. Our original plan was for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, but just over a week before the wedding weather forecasts predicted rain and we had to change everything. Anita helped us (read: me) stay calm and did everything to ensure that our rain plan was just as beautiful as our original would have been.
    The actual wedding day was seamless. She was with us from the early morning when we started to get ready and all the way through the night. She attended to every need we had and then some! Her careful planning, attention to detail, and thoughtfulness really came through to create a beautiful celebration of love. We couldn’t be more thankful for Anita!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Sara · Married on 10/12/2013

Anita was just incredible.

She was so personable, and intentional. She was always available, very organized, on top of everything. My wedding would not have happen if it weren't for Anita, because of her my day was magical and stress free!!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Rachael · Married on 08/13/2016

Anita was absolutely invaluable. Not only did she plan my wedding with expert level professionalism and organization, but she also used her connections in Birmingham to help me find the vendors I wanted for the best price. Worth the price!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Caitlin · Married on 12/20/2014

3.5

Very helpful! definitely worth the price!!

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • Kristina

Kristina Wilburn · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Wonderful wedding experience with Anita

My wedding exceeded my wildest dreams and it wouldn't have happened without Anita. She curated the best vendor team and collaborated with us and them to create a seamless wedding experience. Anita is wonderful to work with and can turn stressful situations into manageable moments.

Sent on 03/15/2020

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2009

Anita was unbelievably helpful! She was very knowledgable and provided me with many options so I could choose what was right for me. She took care of everything on the big day so we were able to just relax and enjoy! We could not have had our dream wedding without her expertise!

4.2

Anita was very flexible in planning our wedding - especially with us being out of town bride/groom. She fought for us with some of our vendors and introduced us to all of our FAVORITE vendors (chef bob for catering, melissa bogardus for makeup).

We were very budget-conscious, so I don't think we got to experience that part of Anita. She was more the "dreamer" in this situation and we were the "realists." She did try to keep our vision in mind when introducing us to vendors and in our meetings with them.

In terms of day of wedding coordination, I think this is her strong suit - she really seemed confident and calm and collected during this whole process, allowing me and my groom and our families to enjoy the events of the wedding weekend.

Sent on 03/09/2014