AJ Edwards : Singer. Acoustic Guitarist. Reviews

52 | Amesbury, MA

52 Reviews for AJ Edwards : Singer. Acoustic Guitarist.

AJ Edwards : Singer. Acoustic Guitarist. 1
AJ Edwards : Singer. Acoustic Guitarist. 2

Rebecca · Married on 10/03/2015

AJ provided the music for my wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and lunch reception this past weekend. From first message to goodbye at the venue, he was excited, easy going, and an absolute delight to work with. He was more than happy to learn a couple of songs that we requested for the ceremony, and he played them flawlessly. The last thing my dad said to me before we started our walk down the aisle was, "I'm SO glad we got AJ! He's amazing!" There is a quality to AJ's voice that just makes you feel warm and happy, and that feeling really filled the room as he played. I would happily recommend him for any wedding ceremony or reception - he will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Sean · Married on 10/03/2015

I could write a novel about why AJ was absolute perfection. This guy is a pro beyond all pros. First off, he was so easy and friendly to deal with and made this process a piece of cake. His quality of music and song list could not have been more perfect. We didn't have to give him any guidance while playing -- he just knew exactly what to do and how to feel out the crowd. We honestly had guests raving about him throughout the night and into the next day. I highly recommend booking him. You won't regret it. I can't wait for the next chance when we can book him again!

• ANGELA

ANGELA · Married on 09/26/2015

AJ is so awesome! He played our ceremony and cocktail hour. He's extremely talented and was a pleasure to work with. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a guitarist/singer at their wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Paul · Married on 09/19/2015

AJ performed at our wedding ceremony last weekend and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. AJ is an extremely talented singer and we were blown away with how well he was able to learn some of our special request songs (even including a Celine Dion song...sorry about that one AJ).

AJ was very easy to work with, extremely professional, and very reasonable with cost. He was extremely accommodating in incorporating a handful of songs we'd asked him to learn specially just for our wedding. All of our guests also agreed that he was a terrific addition to the day.

We would both highly recommend AJ to anyone. He is not only a great singer, but is also an extremely nice person and felt more like another friend at our wedding than just someone performing at it.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Jenalee · Married on 09/12/2015

AJ performed during the cocktail hour at my wedding this past September. I have heard nothing but RAVE reviews about his performance in the month since. The venue was really cool and as guests walked in, there was AJ with his guitar as everyone made their way to the bar. It was really magical. His singing is amazing and he set the perfect tone for guests to unwind before the reception. But better than all of that was AJ's genuinely nice personality. We had talked with a lot of vendors leading up to the wedding and never met them in person. It was the same with AJ. The difference with AJ is he made an effort to say hi to my husband and I and have a quick chat that felt really genuine. Many vendors just show up, do what they're contracted to do and leave. AJ made us feel like it meant something special to him to be a part of our wedding day just as much as it meant something special to us to have him there. To top it all off, my husband had asked AJ (only the week before the wedding) if there was any fleeting hope that he might learn one additional song to play ('Don't Lose Your Love' by Ivan & Aloysha - great song!). AJ was able to learn the song and during the craziness of all the cocktail hour greetings we were both still able to tune in and hear it. I'd definitely recommend AJ to any friend/family member in search of a performer!!

Sent on 10/08/2015

AJ played the ceremony music for my wedding in Newport, Rhode Island a few weeks ago. We worked with some pretty amazing vendors but AJ was absolutely the best. He was the easiest to work with, so pleasant and fun to be around, flexible, and most importantly, incredibly talented. He took the time to understand exactly what we wanted for our ceremony music and executed better than we could have imagined. He even learned a specially requested song for me to walk down the aisle to! His beautiful indie-ish singer/songwriter voice created the perfect romantic and mellow vibe I had wanted for the day. Throughout the process AJ was extremely responsive and clear which made working with him a breeze. I would book him again in a heartbeat and highly recommend him to friends.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Jacquelyn · Married on 08/28/2015

One of my absolute favorite parts of our wedding was having AJ perform during our rehearsal dinner and during the cocktail hour!! He was outstanding! I had heard AJ play before so I knew how great he was and wasn't surprised AT ALL by how much praise he got from all of the guests at both events! Everyone was asking who he was and saying how much they loved the music he played and how incredible his voice is! AJ is such a nice guy and was so easy to work with. He sent a list of cover songs he performs and gave us the option to choose which ones we wanted. It was a great song selection and AJ, being the great artist he is, does such an incredible job of taking some songs and making them his own. I'll never forget the awed looks of our guests when he would put his own twist on a song and they loved it! There were also times when the whole crowd was clapping and singing along too. We're so grateful we had AJ perform for our rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour - he made these two events so much better! We would VERY highly recommend AJ for any wedding or event where you'd like live music!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Kristie and Kayne · Married on 08/22/2015

We had AJ Edwards perform for our cocktail hour at our wedding last month, and he was exceptional!
    He was very professional and versatile in his song repertoire. We had heard him play before so were very confident in his talent and performance skills, and our guests were complimenting him all night! We chatted back and forth before hand and he sent us a list of cover songs he does, which was a very big and eclectic variety spanning decades and genres of music! We were able to hand select what we preferred to hear, and he played just that and was very accommodating. We would highly recommend AJ for any wedding or event where you'd like live music!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Cecelia · Married on 08/14/2015

AJ is amazing!! We could not have chose a better performer for our ceremony and cocktail hour! He is incredibly talented. Our guests loved AJ and we have got SO many compliments on him! He was so easy to work with- calm, professional, and polite. He was very responsive and helpful. We asked AJ to learn "Latch" by Disclosure but we wanted him to sing it slow and he nailed it! We highly recommend AJ!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2015

Booking AJ Edwards for our wedding entertainment was the BEST decision we could have made. From day 1 of planning, AJ was super easy to work with (from timeliness of securing a contract, to immediate response to ANY question we had, to making sure our day was going to be just how we'd hope). I knew instantly from his knowledge and demeanor that we were in good hands!
    AJ played for our ceremony (and even as the crowd began to take their seats, per my mother's "on-the-spot" request), our cocktail hour, and even through our dinner. He is incredibly talented and knows how to engage a crowd, playing the perfect mix of contemporary and classic hits.
    I have such fond memories of our recent wedding day and nearly all of them include the beautiful performance done by AJ. When reminiscing with family & friends, it is clear that AJ provided that extra special touch, which made our day a stand above the rest.

Sent on 09/07/2015

AJ did a phenomenal job at our outdoor wedding and cocktail hour on June 6, 2015. We requested The Beatles' Something for the bridal entry, Pear Jam's Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town for the bridesmaid's processional and Tom Petty's Learning to Fly for the recessional. We were also extremely happy with his ability to keep the crown going at the cocktail hour. My wife and I would highly recommend AJ for your wedding or other event. Not only was the music great but he was very easy to work with.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Marilyn · Married on 06/13/2015

AJ was fantastic. He provided both ceremony and cocktail hour music and everyone raved. He is the easiest guy to work with - he had to learn a new song for my processional and it was no problem, no hesitation. He knows a variety of music and he was reasonably priced (he was much better than some other, higher priced folks we reviewed). Quick funny story - my wedding planner recommended AJ. I listened to him and watched videos on-line and selected him as the best and representing exactly what I wanted. I didn't consult my fiancé. Separately my fiancé went to a local restaurant/bar about 2 weeks later and came back raving about this singer and how we just HAD to have him and he took his info. I regretfully informed my fiancé I had already hired someone. Yep - same person - AJ!

Sent on 10/01/2015

AJ performed at our ceremony and cocktail hour during our October 2014 wedding. We could not be happier with the level of service and professionalism he provided. What he offers was exactly what we were looking for. AJ worked with us to create an individualized feel for our event. He was very flexible and responsive.

We cannot thank him enough for being part of our wedding day. His confident calm demeanor and genuine enthusiasm added a special element to our experience. We both love his sound and his music became a signature part of our day. AJ truly helped us put a stamp of our style and interests on what has become one of our most memorable days.

Sent on 01/23/2015

AJ was amazing! He played ceremony and cocktail hour acoustic music for our wedding. We were beyond thrilled with his music selections and his renditions of our selections. He was easy to talk to, followed up with us, showed up on time and honestly, I never worried about him during our whole wedding planning process or the actual day :) He was a trooper and made the 3 hour trek to our venue and played through the pouring rain. We had multiple guests ask us for his contact info. after the wedding. Lastly, his voice is amazing. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Laura · Married on 08/02/2014

I got married on August 2, 2014 at the Coonamessett Inn in Falmouth, MA. I really wanted a guitarist that could play and sing "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison as I walked down the aisle. I searched for guitarists for weeks until finally a wedding coordinator I knew recommended AJ. I knew from the moment I listened to his beautiful voice that this was the musician I had to have. I contacted him and he immediately got back to me and was so flexible with my vision for the day. He was so nice, personable and easy to work with! On the day of the wedding, I remember the doors opening and the most beautiful voice filling the room singing Into the Mystic. It was one of the most beautiful and memorable part of my wedding. Guests were talking about his remarkable voice and talent for the entire night. AJ sang and played through the cocktail hour and my only regret, was that I did not hire him to stay and play/sing my first dance with my husband. I work at the Seaport Hotel and I would recommend AJ to any bride that was looking for someone with the voice of an angel to play at her wedding. He is actually already on our Preferred Vendor List!

• Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 05/17/2014

AJ was a recommendation from someone's who's opinion I hold very highly- my brother, a fellow musician. His voice is spectacular, he did a wonderful job playing, and we loved his song choices, which were both contemporary and older. He was friendly and responsive, calm and collected which is always nice when you're a stressed-out mess; hugely talented. Everyone loved him. Acoustic guitar was definitely the way to go and most certainly more our style than violins or a harp. Our entrance song was Landon Pigg "I fell in love at a coffee shop" and our exit was Aloe Blacc's "wake me up" both which he played with vocals and there was not a dry eye in the place. Just spectacular, thank you!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Beautiful voice. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2013

AJ Edwards was a phenomenal addition to wedding day! AJ played for our ceremony processional and during our cocktail hour. He helped us create a personal, romantic, and fun ambiance for our guests, and even took the time to learn a special song for our ceremony. He is such a talented musician and everyone loved having him there! Even days later, our friends and family are talking about how great he was at the cocktail hour and ceremony. In addition to being an incredible guitarist and vocalist, he is kind, friendly, and approachable. He was such a pleasure to work with throughout our planning process and I would strongly recommend him to anyone :)

Sent on 09/26/2013

Lindsey · Married on 08/24/2013

AJ is a truly gifted musician and singer. My husband and I found relatively unknown songs and requested he learn them, rewrite the music for a guitar and his voice. He was beyond professional. He was/is incredible. All of our guests requested his info, not because they were planning their own weddings but because they want to buy his cd. AJ isnt only a wedding singer, hes a great musician that's going as far in this industry as he chooses. On top of all of this, as if it weren't enough, he's a great guy. Responsive, professional and very personable.

Ivan · Married on 06/15/2013

AJ was fantastic. Really nice guy and very easy to work with. Very quick with responses and very reasonable with our timeline. We wanted to do something a bit different than a quartet for the ceremony and cocktail hour so we chose AJ based upon reviews. During the wedding and even weeks after, we've had family and friends come up to us raving about his performance. I would highly recommend AJ!

Sent on 09/23/2013

AJ played at our surprise wedding and he was amazing! He was great at communicating and arrived early to set up and make sure that we were happy w everything. He even learned our wedding song and played and sang it better than the actual artist! Our guests loved him and he took requests from them as well! I would def hire him again! Thank u AJ!!

Stephanie · Married on 11/10/2012

All I have to say is I LOVE AJ, he is an amazing singer. When AJ sings I have to stop everything to listen to him. My sister and her husband also had him play at their wedding, and we have had him play at some private parties. We also try and see him whenever we can. I suggest having him play some of the songs that he wrote himself.

AJ is very professional punctual and reliable. You really can't go wrong hiring AJ.

Christie · Married on 09/29/2012

We hired AJ to perform our ceremony music & cocktail hour music. To say he is incredible would be an understatement. He was professional, friendly, responsive and of course talented! He was willing to learn a few songs for us which was amazing. AJ is a true talent. Our wedding was enhanced by having him there. We are still getting compliments about the music. He is amazing. AJ always got back to me, worked with me to create the perfect ceremony music, and was genuinely happy to be a part of our special day.

Sent on 10/06/2012
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 07/27/2011

Aj is a friend of my husbands. Both of us knew we wanted to have Aj play at our vow renewal ceremony. He did an amazing job. My bridal party walked down the aisle to "Falling in love at a coffee shop" by Landon Pigg. I walked down the aisle to "Something" by The Beatles. When the ceremony was over, we exited to "Fight or Flight" by Aj.

I loved having my own unique wedding music, it was definitely different than any wedding I've ever been to!
    Aj did a fantastic job, and I'd recommend him to everyone!

Melissa · Married on 09/11/2010

I was lucky enough to stumble upon AJ playing at the bridal shop where my mother and I were shopping for my wedding dress. We were lucky enough to book him for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and would it again and pay 10 times as much he's that good! Since that day he has been a part of many many milestones in my and my families lives. Including my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary.
    He is a crowd pleaser from the yongest to young at heart. I can't say or recommend him enough.