Airlie Reviews

Airlie 3
Airlie 4
Airlie 5

Katie · Married on 09/08/2017

Airlie is a gorgeous venue. Shiloh was a delight to work with and very responsive to all my constant questions & emails. She did a super job with all the details and I felt supported along this journey. I loved the idea of the price covering all food and beverages as well as dressing rooms & a wedding night room included. I left off 1 star on the quality of service as the staff was way to quick to pick up food plates even while people were still eating and drinks when people were not finished but simply on the dance floor. The plated food was excellent and received many compliments on how delicious/tasteful were the selections. I would not hesitate to use this venue again when my other kids ever decide to get married!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Anita · Married on 07/28/2017

Quade worked at making sure everyone was satisfied & happy! He is all about quality service. Airlie has wonderful accommodations for people, lovely gardens and lanes, excellent food with garden-grown produce. Being at Airlie is a memory-making occasion!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Robin · Married on 05/13/2017

Shiloh Wilfrey, the wedding coordinator, is exceptional. She knows her business, highly professional, and follows through promptly on everything. She helped make decisions and never surprised us with extra charges. Airlie is an exquisite venue especially if you want a destination feel for your wedding without having to go anywhere! The grounds are gorgeous and perfect for an outdoor wedding in the English garden and pictures all over the grounds, , the staff are excellent, the food was great and the entire planning process and the day itself went perfectly with NO stress or surprises. Being ale to stay at the venue allowed all of our guests to continue the party for the whole weekend.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/13/2017

From the moment we stepped foot on site, we loved the atmosphere and amenities available at Airlie. What sold me was not only the breath-taking scenery, but the ability to make our wedding a weekend-long event. We had many out of town guests who stayed at Airlie, so our celebrations continued even after the wedding was over. We got married on May 13, 2017 and we are still beaming from our experience with Airlie and their staff. Shiloh Wolfrey made the planning process easy -- she is quick to reply to calls/email and was very willing to make our vision happen. The Airlie staff was very accommodating to several of our specific requests, and was even flexible when rain threatened the outdoor ceremony plan. I could not recommend Airlie more!

Sent on 06/01/2017
  • Daniella

Daniella · Married on 12/10/2016

Everything about Airlie is just beautiful! I fell in love with it as soon as I discovered it researching it online. The pictures show how gorgeous it is, but when you see it in person it takes your breath away! The venue is so picturesque, perfect for those wedding portraits to last a lifetime. The food is absolutely delicious! Locally grown organic food, with a menu that is different from any of your other typical wedding venue. The food is well seasoned, beautifully presented.
    Most of our guests came from out of town so they stayed at Airlie a couple of nights. They had an amazing time and very enjoyable stay! They are all still talking about how perfect of a venue it was for our wedding and that they would love to go back one day! The staff at Airlie is very pleasant and very helpful through out the whole wedding planning process.
    We can't wait to go back and have a weekend get away again.
    My big advice to future brides, is keep a detailed list on where you would want your photos taken if your photographer has never been there before. The day of the wedding you wont be able to think of any of the details you want because there's a million things going on in your mind! Also, let the kitchen know how to cut your cake.... The only downside I had at the venue was the wedding cake slices where little birthday cake slices. I ended up having 2 extra sheets of cake left over.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Andrea · Married on 11/12/2016

We could not have been happier with our wedding experience at Airlie. I really feel like having my exact same wedding elsewhere (same time, energy, and money spent) would have been only a fraction as nice because Airlie brings so much with it. The food is the best wedding food I've ever had, the historic home and formal gardens are so charming, the grounds have a grace and beauty to them that is unmatched, the pavilion is a fantastic spot for a wedding reception, and guests can stay right on property so that transportation is not needed as part of the wedding celebration.

Shiloh was our Airlie coordinator and she was BEYOND AMAZING. She was so responsive and helpful at every turn for the months leading up to the wedding. Then the day of the wedding everything was so smooth under her organization, she was cool as a cucumber and handled everything with such grace.

The rest of the Airlie staff were also fantastic. Matt managed much of the food and drink staff and he was outstanding. We were taken care of at every step and everything was done to make sure things were just perfect. Our guests made several comments to me about how friendly, attentive and on-point everyone from the Airlie staff was.

Overall we could not have been happier with our Airlie experience. Shiloh and the Airlie team do an amazing job and guests raved about how much they enjoyed both our wedding and their time at Airlie.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Dorothy · Married on 10/01/2016

My daughters wedding was held here on Oct. 1, 2016. Beautiful site! So many options!
    Guests do not have to travel at all as site is able to accomadate your guests and your plans.
    The staff is top notch! Shiloh did a great job and worked alongside our wedding planner, Quaid Coxsey, seamlessly! We were blessed to have both!! What a team! The chef helped us create a unique menu and food was really good!! Even the bartender created a signature cocktail for the bride and groom. The service here is impeccable!
    Rehearsal dinner was a welcome "Roast & Toast" under a tent at the smokehouse where yes, a pig was roasted!
    Held ceremony in the garden and reception at the Pavillion. Smooth, beautiful transition of spaces.
    Our bride and groom were so happy!!
    Shout out to all who made it happen...Great job!

Sent on 01/05/2017

My husband and I got married here last month in the gardens and had our reception in the Pavilion and we have no complaints about it at all! It's a beautiful venue! Our guests loved the venue and food, and we obviously loved the beautiful grounds, that's why we chose it! It is pricey but you get what you pay for and they're high quality. If you don't have a problem paying the price for Airlie you can't go wrong here! Your pictures will be beautiful and it's a great outdoor option if you're not really into the barn thing, like us.

Overall they made our wedding day perfect. We worked with Tara, she was always super responsive and helpful in answering the dozens of questions I sent her, especially in the last couple weeks before the wedding. We also rented the Smokehouse for our Rehearsal Dinner the night before, which was fun because all of the wedding party was able to stay right on the property.

Also, we liked the "LOVE" sign they have put up on the hill and their tradition of couples putting a lock on it...we left our lock and will for sure visit on our anniversary to see our lock still there. :)

Sent on 06/15/2016

Jeffrey · Married on 05/17/2014

The Airlie was an incredible venue. It has now been a few months since the wedding and it is still brought up in almost every conversation by family. The grounds were amazing and the sales/planning staff were great. Lisa was our venue contact and she made it simple and convenient. She also help us with our many changes to the head count and menu. (Which if you are planning your wedding you should know are unavoidable). The catering staff was polite and professional and met all of our requests. The property is amazing, our only regret is that we did not book an extra few days to enjoy the property. I highly recommend booking 2 of the cabins, one for each of the wedding parties so that they have a place to meet and get ready for the event. I also loved the smoke house and outdoor area behind it for our rehearsal dinner. We almost had to kick people out of both the rehearsal dinner and wedding at the end of the nights they were having so much fun! The Airlie is not cheap (not over the top, but was priced higher than a few of the venues we compared it too),but if you want the wedding that your family and friends will remember for a lifetime, it is the place to book.

Sent on 08/20/2014
  • W

Wiiliam · event on: 12/07/2013

Great venue, delicious food, friendly staff, flexible logistics!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Airlie's reply:

Hi William,

We hope to see you again for your 2014 Holiday party.

Kind Regards,

Airlie Management
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 07/03/2010

I fell in love with Airlie as soon as my fiance' showed it to me the weekend he proposed. Thankfully my Mom did too when we brought her a few months later. It is a little more expensive then other venues, but it is worth it since everything, but the dj, florist, cake, and photographer is included. The food is fabulous!! We had a buffet dinner but they offered to serve us (the bride and groom) to help keep things moving. The staff was accommodating and willing to answer questions before hand, but sometimes you had to wait a couple of days to get a response. We received nothing but compliments about our wedding and we had a great time ourselves too :)

Sent on 07/20/2010

Carrie · Married on 06/27/2009

Airlie Center is a fantastic venue. It is absolutely gorgeous, they give you your pick of where you would like the wedding and where you would like the reception, Tina Gray is wonderful to work with - did I mention it is gorgeous? We had guests constantly commenting to us both during and after the wedding about how beautiful the venue is. They provide the food and alcohol and the food is incredible. Many people told us it was the best wedding food they ever had. It is fresh (much grown from their own gardens) and very well prepared. I have a gluten allergy and they were very accommodating. It is quite expensive for the area, but I would say well worth it.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Sydni · Married on 10/04/2015

I grew up about 10 minutes down the road from Airlie, but never actually knew what Airlie was until I began looking at wedding venues. As soon as we arrived, I knew that Airlie was where I wanted to get married! It is a beautiful, tranquil, and natural place. Our wedding coordinator, Tara, was wonderful to work with. She went out of her way to help make our wedding lovely. I really appreciate everything she did for us. Originally, our wedding was set to be held in the garden, however, we were rained out. Having Tara there to coordinate our rain plan was great -- it ended up being a seamless transition and just as lovely as the garden. The reception was also wonderful. Airlie's pavilion is absolutely stunning. The food was wonderful and the service from the staff was great. We were very happy with our choice to get married at Airlie!

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • W

Samantha · Married on 05/22/2010

Airlie is absolutely beautiful and I definitely recommend it as a venue for your wedding. Airlie essentially permits you to use their entire grounds for your wedding. We planned on having our ceremony in one part of the formal gardens, cocktail hour in a different part of the gardens, and reception in the dinning room of the main building. We also had a back-up plan for rain: the ceremony would be under the permanent pavillion and cocktails in conference room in the main building. The bride and bridesmaids are given a room on the second level of the main house to use all day for getting ready, etc. We requested that the wedding party, family, and all overnight guests be placed in the same hotel/lodge on the grounds and, because there were no other events at Airlie that day, Airle was able to accommodate us. The arrangment was very convenient. Your guests will like the fact that they do not have to drive from the ceremony to the reception and that they can book a room at Airlie to stay overnight. The food was SO good. My guests said that its was the best they had ever had at a wedding. Airlie's Special Events Manager, Tina Gray, was extremely professional and made time to meet with us in person on three separate occassions. She and her staff are very organized. The one problem that we had on the big day was handled by Tina as soon as she was contacted. It started to pour 2 hours before the ceremony and some staff members were refusing to move the guest chairs into the pavillion. One of my bridesmaids called Tina at home and within minutes, the chairs were moved. Everything after that went smoothly. Because of the weather and a car accident on the highway to Airlie that held up our guests, we started the ceremony a half hour late. Airlie still gave us a full cocktail hour and 4 hours of open bar, even though we had thrown the timeline off.

Sent on 07/15/2010

Heidi · Married on 09/04/2004

What a beautiful location. And we couldn't beat the all inclusive package. The food was wonderful, the staff was great and we had a blast. We still get compliments 4 years later!

Sent on 05/06/2008
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/11/2017

Our wedding was an amazing a beautiful day. But, I cant give Airlie 5 stars. The reason I am giving them 4.5 is because of Shiloh. She was such a pleasure to work with and we could not have planned a wedding in 3 months without her. The land is beautiful and I felt so confident about our day going into it. Shiloh helped us to lay out everything exactly as we wanted it, we had a perfect rain plan in case of bad luck- thankfully we didn't need it- and we had every detail planned. Unfortunately Airlie staff must not have gotten the message. Signs were not placed directing our guests where to go until 45 min after the ceremony had started- and thankfully so because my last name was misspelled on it! Our tables and chairs for the reception weren't set up until an hour after we had agreed they would be- and for a morning wedding with a 10AM start time- that hour meant that some of my guests had to help set up the decor! Some of the tables had black linens on them- when I chose my color scheme of forest green, ivory and blush I didn't envision how bad black would look but I got an eye-full at my reception. The tent walls were left down after me asking several staff the day before to make sure they were opened, so I was totally ignored. Shiloh and I had worked so hard on the perfect day and Airlie staff were just not motivated to carry that out. Overall, I would recommend Airlie because, goodness it is gorgeous and the food is incredible, but I would HIGHLY recommend you have a wedding planner there to ensure your vision is actually carried out by the staff.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Shannon · Married on 09/08/2007

3.5

Beautiful location, environmentally friendly and just wonderful. I truly wouldn't change a thing about my wedding and probably have my venue, the Airlie Center, to thank.

Sent on 11/05/2008
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/01/2018

4.2
      3.5

The venue itself & day-of service is a 5/5! Gardens are breathtakingly beautiful & pavilion is perfect. Adorable cottages. Food is wonderful; farm to table from their property. Banquet staff did a great job.

My review isn't 5 stars because of issues we had with Shiloh. Reviews said she was so responsive and although she was very sweet, I never found that. She took a long time getting back to us confirming the date. Queen/Queen rooms are all off the main property and limited. Not a problem, but we were never told that. These were never added to the block and were told they were sold out - 9 months in advance? She promised to notify me if any opened. Never heard back until I asked and all of sudden multiple were available. Never received a response from the director of reservations after reaching out to multiple times. Shiloh got a new job 1 month out - fine, but we were only told less than a week before her departure. It was frustrating we had no warning so close to our wedding. But Quaid took over, did an amazing job and was really responsive!
    Airlie can feel expensive ($2,500 ceremony fee, 22% service fee) but overall its totally worth it. Airlie was the type of venue I'd always dreamed of. We had the best wedding and I wouldn't change a thing about it!

Future couples: ask lots of very detailed questions up front & be proactive. We did this, but still ran into issues. Have a plan for photos if it rains, there aren't many good indoor spots. We did a first look before the rain started but didn't have a backup. Ask for Quaid if there's more than one wedding manager! You can buy beer & wine from Harry's for afterparty in cottages.
    Airlie: Ditch the pavilion fan, its ugly. Provide list of guests staying under the block - I work in events, its standard practice. Allow for welcome bags or volunteer alternate options, wedding day after ours used them but I was told a flat no. Add a second bar to minimize wait times.

Sent on 09/21/2018

C · Married on 10/08/2006

3.5

Beautiful venue; a bit costly, but worth it!

Sent on 08/27/2008
  • Kasey

Kasey Stodola · Married on 07/20/2019

3.8
      3.0

Airlie Is Beautiful, However...

We had the most beautiful wedding at Airlie in July 2019. The venue’s vibe sits perfectly between elegant and rustic. They let us change the spot at which we were married last minute due to the extreme heat - very flexible.
    On the other hand, our contact (catering manager) changed about 4 times between the time that we booked at the end of 2018, and our wedding day in July. It was exceptionally disheartening to see this happening so often. I even had one tell me she wouldn’t leave - and she left 3 weeks before my wedding! The last woman we had left Airlie two weeks afternoon our wedding. A little weird! Everything still worked out, but there were naturally some miscommunication errors. Still a beautiful venue.

Airlie 6
    Airlie 7
    Airlie 8
    Airlie 9
    Airlie 10
    Sent on 09/02/2019

Airlie's reply:

Dear Kasey,
    Thank you for posting your review on Wedding Wire. We apologize for the numerous shifts in contacts throughout your planning process. There are a variety of reasons that positions are vacated, and unfortunately, turnover in the hospitality industry as a whole is commonplace. It averages about 60% higher than other industries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. What we want couples to know is that there is an entire team of people working to ensure that your big day goes off without a hitch. Everything is documented in our planning system and representatives from each department have a keen understanding of your vision. We encourage clients to call myself (Director of Sales & Marketing) or our General Manager directly anytime there is a concern. We're so glad that everything worked out, and we hope this helps clarify things a bit. Thank you for choosing Airlie as your wedding venue, and we hope to host you in the future.

Sincerely,
    Jennifer Ritter
    Director of Sales & Marketing, Airlie

3.6
      3.0

The Airlie Center was an absolutely beautiful place to have our wedding. When I saw this place for the first time, I knew I was done looking - it was exactly what I wanted! Although the place is stunning, I am not sure that they had the best staff to do weddings. They are mostly known for holding conferences and they just started to do weddings. When they showed us the grounds, they did not show us all of the places that guests could stay. We booked our wedding way in advance and they told us that it is possible that a conference could be held on the same weekend, which was fine. What I did not like was that even though we booked months before the conference, they still placed the conference guests closer to the main house and pub than my wedding guests and I. They put us in the way back where the stables are (not walking distance to the pub that they showed us that we could use- they did not even show us the stables). Also, they did not have a separate room for the bride and groom. We were in the same set of rooms as my family and friends - right next door!
    On another note, I felt that they were not very flexible with things we asked for. They really only have one contact for weddings and she was hard to get in touch with as well.
    All in all, our wedding was beautiful and went without a hitch. I would still recommend Airlie to friends but definitely prep them for some things.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jenna · Married on 07/21/2012

3.4
      2.5
      2.5

The center is beautiful and food is absolutely delicious. The staff is not used to weddings (they typically hold conferences) so there were a few hiccups - rooming in particular was a nightmare. My guests (all couples) were put in rooms with 1 double bed even though other rooms were available. Make sure to sign a rooming contract to avoid this.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/30/2008

3.2
      3.0

We got married in the gardens at Airlie in the summer and we decided to hold an outdoor wedding. The wedding was gorgeous and the gardens where well kept and perfect for our ceremony. However, I felt the flexibility was fair to poor of the staff. I walked through the venue prior to selecting it with staff and I asked and was never shown the rain back up. Two days prior to the wedding they allowed to view the areas!! I was soo disappointed in the rooms and the coldness of the area for my wedding, in the end everything worked out well, but there where lots of last minute suprises. The food was awesome, but very expensive.

Sent on 09/19/2008

Diane · Married on 06/14/2008

2.4
      3.0

Airlie Conference Center was not not very responsive to my needs. I wish had my wedding somewhere else.

Sent on 07/26/2008

3.0

I want to start off by saying, our wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! It turned out to be everything that I wanted it to be and my husband and I enjoyed ourselves fully.

The problem I had, however, was with the time leading up to our wedding. At the start of our engagement, we dealt with Tina...and she was AMAZING! But she was promoted and Lisa came in to take over. She was extremely difficult to get ahold of and made the time rather stressful. I was told at the beginning that Lisa was the "wedding coordinator" at Airlie and yet she did not take care of anything for the wedding. She told me a week after the wedding in an email that she "stopped by and it was beautiful" yet I saw neither hide nor hair of her the whole day.

Airlie is a beautiful place to get married. But it is very expensive. The food was sooo delicious and the new pavilion is absolutely beautiful!! Our wedding was in August and it was about 90 outside but the AC in the pavilion felt amazing--cold even! It would even be great in the winter, I believe. The staff for set up and such for the day of and the rehearsal did a great job!! A few slip ups but I didn't even notice them the day of :) In my mind, the value of Airlie itself is five star. Lisa, however, was far too difficult to deal with. If you live close to Airlie, don't even hesitate. It turned out to be a beautiful day, but if you choose them for your wedding, be alert! I put that I would recommend it to a friend because I would--with warning about the coordinator.

Sent on 09/08/2012