Airlie Reviews

Airlie 3
Airlie 4
Airlie 5

Elizabeth · Married on 04/18/2015

Airlie was the absolutely perfect venue for our wedding. All our guests loved the setting, the food, and the service. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Laura · Married on 11/01/2014

We held both the ceremony and reception at Airlie Center this November and both events were exceptional. The Airlie Staff was wonderful and the venue is gorgeous! In additon to being Mother of the Bride, I was also the wedding planner and so I can rate the entire process as well as the event itself as seamless and perfectly executed. Our Airlie event manager, Lisa, was wonderful and the entire staff, including the chefs (great food!) and support staff did a terrific job. Several of our guests stayed the night at Airlie and we have heard nothing but compliments from them. Our events at Airlie exceeded our exprectations and our daughter told us it was the "wedding of her dreams". We are highly satified with the Airlie Center and their staff.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Catie · Married on 07/05/2014

I am so thankful we decided to have our wedding at Airlie!! There are several areas to hold weddings at but the entire facility is absolutely gorgeous! Brittany was our coordinator and I honestly could not have pulled off such an amazing day without her help. She was very responsive and helped me through so much of the planning process. Brittany was very upfront with what we could and couldn't do at Airlie which I really appreciated. When it came to the day of, all of the staff were so helpful and attentative to us. Especially when it came to helping the bridal party get from one area of Airlie to the next.

The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch thanks to Brittany and the staff's help. Everything was so beautiful! The pictures we have seen so far are truly amazing! The food was fantastic - all my guests continue to rave about it! Thank you again to everyone at Airlie - especially Brittany!!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Sara · Married on 06/28/2014

This place is the gem that you never new was so close to DC! It's such a great spot - formerly a 1200 acre plantation, it has expansive grounds and best part - 150 rooms! So - everyone can stay on property. It's like a little retreat for you and your family. There are tons of activities and spots to check out - formal gardens, butterfly garden, bicicyles on property for guests, fishing (they provide the equipment), skeet shooting, their organic garden where their produce is grown for the food, among many other things. We used the Smokehouse for our Rehearsal Dinner and the formal gardens/pavilion for our wedding. The staff was amazing to work with - particularly Lisa , Michael, and Floyd. They provided us with incredible service and made the weekend so special for my family and friends.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/17/2014

I had my wedding at Airlie in May 2014 and couldn't have asked for a better venue for my rustic/vintage wedding. At the beginning of my engagement, Airlie was the first venue that I checked out- as soon as I saw it, I knew that's where I wanted to say "I Do"!

Brittany Carey was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and was always available by phone or email to answer any questions I had. She made me feel very relaxed and stress free as the date approached because I knew she had everything under control.

On the day of, all of the staff at Airlie was very friendly and helpful. I had an amazing time and everyone complemented the food that was catered for the wedding.

I would definitely recommend Airlie to anyone looking for that perfect outdoor wedding venue!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Julie · event on: 01/12/2014

Lisa Albert and her staff did a fabulous job setting up and serving for my husband's surprise 40th birthday party. I would recommend them to all my friends for a great party. It was professionally done and the wait staff couldn't have been more friendly. Very pleased.

Sent on 05/06/2014

Shawn · Married on 09/14/2013

My daughter's Airlie wedding was magical and exceeded all expectations!

Beginning with the pre-wedding preparations, Lisa Albert was instrumental in helping us plan where and how the various parts of the wedding could be orchestrated. She was professional in every way and was full of ideas that made the wedding even nicer than we could have imagined. In addition, Lisa was extremely flexible and even allowed us to move the rehearsal dinner to the wonderful smokehouse tent—just one week before the event!

The weather was spectacular on the day of the wedding and having the wedding service in the lower garden with the chairs placed in the round made for a warm and moving ceremony that brought many guests to tears. The cocktails in the upper garden were lovely and I hear the appetizers were amazing. Fortunately, Lisa thought to arrange for a special tray of food to be brought to the Spanish Steps for the parents and bridal party as we finished up photos! The dinner in the Pavilion could not have been more lovely—the combination of a beautiful couple, wonderful company, twinkling lights and stars in the dome, fun music, and great food made for an incredible night.

I cannot say enough about the thoughtful staff. The front desk staff, servers, electricians, AV, bartenders, etc., all were top notch—and I knew that on the rehearsal and wedding days the staff had every detail under control.

The wedding was spectacular!

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are so glad that Lisa and the rest of our staff could make exceed your expectations and make your daughter's wedding magical.

Heidi · Married on 09/14/2013

Wonderful place for a wedding, great staff, service level was excellent and food was terrific!

Hi Heidi,

Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you on property again soon.

Dawn and Steve · Married on 08/31/2013

"Let's do it again!" That's what we all said. The bride and groom, both sets of parents, as well as all the wedding party and guests. It may have been warm, but it was beautiful. Everyone beginning with Lisa and our first meet to the hospitality of all...greeters, hotel staff, chef, servers, drivers, even the grounds people were wonderful, and made all of us feel special. The memories we made in this celebration of Erin and Spenser has made me give numerous couples Lisa's name. There is no better place to make these memories on your wedding day...weekend, then
    THE AIRLIE!

Hi Dawn,

We are so glad that everyone enjoyed Erin and Spenser's special day. Follow us on social media so that you and your guest's can hear about the exciting things coming up at Airlie.

Airlie Management Team

I worked with Lisa at the Airlie Center. She was very helpful in coming up with options to keep the event within my budget, but in no way diminishing the vision and expectation that we had for a beautiful and elegant experience for the bride and groom and our guests. The food was excellent and plentiful! We were able to choose buffet items that suited everyone's palate, as the bride and groom are vegetarians and we had guests with various dietary restrictions. Lisa was accessible and worked well with me and our wedding planner to work out the logistics and other details or our event.

Sent on 03/17/2014

Hi,

We are so glad that Lisa and all of our staff could help make the special day everything you hoped for.

Kind Regards,

Lindsay · Married on 06/22/2013

We had the most wonderful experience planning and having our wedding celebration at Airlie last June! We made a whole weekend of it, having our rehearsal dinner on the patio at the Smoke House and then the reception to the wedding in the Pavilion and surrounding gardens. Lisa was such a pleasure to work with and was available for any questions, requests, late night emails, etc. The food was delicious and the catering staff was very accommodating of our specific food and liquor service requests. While Airlie is just a few miles away from our house, we felt that we were away on vacation celebrating our wedding with all of our close friends and family being able to stay on the grounds as well. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests and are so glad that you chose us to celebrate your special day. We hope to see you on the property again soon.

Maureen · Married on 05/31/2013

Our wedding at Airlie could not have been more perfect. Brittany is a true professional-patient, competent, confident, flexible, creative and lovely to work with for your special event. Brittany has the experience necessary to make valuable suggestions in addition to working well with all personality types. Brittany was always available for questions-we had a lot-she made every effort to make me feel like I was her only client-she was so responsive. Brittany was flexible to creating our vision and thinking outside the traditional wedding box. Her experience also helped to create a perfect event on a tight timeframe. One of the most important things is how honest Brittany was with what could and could not be done--not much could not be done. She was always true to her word and took time to ensure she double checked before promising something she could not deliver. Ask for her wedding planning worksheet first--it is so wonderful and made me think of many details that had never occurred to me--much easier than making your own or using one from Pinterest.

Our guests still rave about the wonderful setting and delicious food. We look back fondly on the day and are so appreciative of Brittany, she was able to create our vision. Our wedding was the first using the new tent at the Smokehouse--we booked it without seeing the tent and the tent was better than described. Airlie offers everything you need - our guests loved that we continued the party at the pub afterward. We were recently back for a weekend over Valentine's Day-the property is lovely even in winter and of course the food was over the top. A great place to bring any foodie who likes local food with a twist.

Hi Maureen,

It makes us so happy to hear that you felt your wedding could not have been more perfect and that you enjoyed your stay over Valentine’s Day weekend. We are working on more specialty dinners and hope that you will join us again soon.

Trish · Married on 04/27/2013

Absolutely beautiful. I had barely any decorations because in early Spring the venue is waking up with awesome greens and other colors of nature. I had so much fun working with the people there who were knowledgeable and very flexible. Best day of my life so far!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Kim · Married on 09/22/2012

Lisa Albert was our sales manager at The Airlie for my daughter’s wedding on 4/25/15. Lisa was wonderful to work with and very responsive to my emails; she was so accommodating and knowledgeable about the property. Shiloh, our F&B Manager and the rest of the staff and front desk staff were also terrific – they all worked so hard to make our weekend run smoothly! This is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL property in which to hold a wedding. It is scenic and rustic with beautiful stone walls, stone bridges, rolling hills and beautiful landscape. Lake Stanley provides a wonderful backdrop for photos, as well as the Spanish Steps on the back of the main Airlie House.

The Formal Gardens are beautiful for an outdoor ceremony, but they also provide an indoor space for bad weather. The octagonal shaped Pavilion is wonderful for the reception with all the glass doors, which can open, surrounding the room. The Airlie is a one-stop place for weddings and it was so nice to have all the conveniences in one place. We held our rehearsal in the Formal Gardens and then the rehearsal dinner at The Smokehouse. The Smokehouse is so beautiful next to the water. They have Adirondack chairs surrounding the fire pit and they provide corn hole and other games.

The guests rooms are all on the property. I rented the Grooms Cottage – one of the 2 cottages on the property. It was little pricey, but it was worth it to have all my family together. Four of us shared the cost of the four rooms, so that helped.

There is also a pub, pool and exercise room on the property. They provide bicycles all over the property that anyone can use. Everything is there is one place…you couldn’t ask for more! Everyone just walked to all functions on the property and didn’t have to move their cars. Guests checked in on Friday and left on Sunday. Breakfast is provided each morning in the main Airlie House dining room.

The Airlie Center is truly a magical place!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Natalie · Married on 04/24/2010

We LOVED Airlie. The facilities were beautiful inside and out - even in the rain. They were very flexible in moving our event from outside to inside the day before the wedding (due to weather). The service was excellent and responsive. We rented their cottages and had most of our guests stay on site so that we could have brunch with them the next morning. We also had the rehearsal dinner on site. Everything was flawless.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Jose · Married on 01/03/2010

The staffs during the reception were very professional.They were wonderful and all my guests loved and enjoyed the food!What can I say? Airlie has charm, sophistication, and a laid back atmosphere that I would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 02/01/2010

Claire · Married on 09/12/2009

Airlie is absolutely gorgeous and was the perfect venue for our outdoor wedding. The staff was extremely professional and made sure the event ran smoothly from start to finish. Being able to have all of our friends and family stay on-site was a huge advantage. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/29/2009

Noelle · Married on 05/23/2009

The Airlie did a wonderful job with our wedding and reception. Tina Gray was so easy to work with and always answered my endless questions. All the staff at the Airlie the wedding weekend were very helpful and I didn't hear anyone complain about anything. The food at the reception was amazing! While the venue is pricey, it is worth it!

Sent on 06/17/2009
  • U

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2008

The Airlie Center was perfect. The venue was gorgeous, which was our primary reason for booking with them, but the people who work at Airlie are even more wonderful than the venue. Tina Gray, the event coordinator, was fantastic to work with, kind, and flexible - very flexible. The chef was also very flexible in helping us to create a menu that was not only very tasty (one of my guests said our dinner was the best wedding dinner he had had in 30 years) but also within our budget (which was not very large). The staff that worked the wedding were attentive and professional. I simply cannot say enough good words to describe our experience with Airlie, and I would wholeheartedly recommend to them absolutely everyone.

Sent on 09/24/2008

Carrie · Married on 04/21/2007

Absolutely beautiful location. Very accomodating, flexible, and friendly.

Sent on 08/27/2007

Glapion · Married on 10/22/2017

My now husband and I discovered Airlie in February 2017 and immediately fell in love with it (yes, the place is gorgeous even in the dead of winter). However, after visiting several beautiful venues all over Maryland, DC, and Virginia and finding them lacking for one reason or another (e.g., price, sour/grouchy/rude staff, lack of parking, lack of handicap accessibility, distance from the airport etc.) we were hesitant to get our hopes up. In the end, having our wedding at Airlie was one of (if not the best decision) we made with respect to our wedding. All of the guests we spoke to had a great time and absolutely loved the venue. Many folks have stated that they plan to return for their own weekend get-aways and one of my Bridesmaids is even considering having her wedding here. In addition, we plan to return for our anniversary next year. The natural beauty of Airlie house and the well maintained grounds also make for amazing pictures.
    For context, we planned and paid for our wedding ceremony and reception ourselves so having friendly, professional, competent staff was a must. (Especially as neither one of us had experience planning a wedding or major event.) That being said, one of the best things about Airlie is Shiloh Wolfrey (Airlie's catering sales manager). Shiloh is hands down awesome to work with! She is a genuine, responsive, down to earth individual who really appears to enjoy her job and takes it seriously without being sour.She was good about staying on top of her email and letting you know when she was going to be out of the office or unreachable due to another event. She also shared innovative tools with us like "social tables" which helped us plan and visualize our reception. I can't stress enough the value of good staff as they can make or break your event. Airlie has it all: great staff overall, beautiful grounds & reasonable prices (for the DC metro area).

Sent on 10/31/2017

Carl · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I were married at Airlie over Memorial Day weekend and I have to say - it was truly a dream wedding for him and I.

I chose Airlie, "site unseen". I lived out of state at the time of choosing a venue and had to rely on my mom to tour venues on my behalf. I had my heart set on an outdoor garden wedding and was fortunate to come across Airlie. Shiloh was our Sales & Event Contact and was super accommodating and I actually had to Facetime with her and my mom as they toured the grounds. They did a walk through in mid February when it was damp and somewhat ugly out. Even in the winter when nothing is in bloom - it was still gorgeous! I went back in May - a year out from my wedding just to see what the flowers/tree's would look like and it was so lush and green outside.

In regards to contracting and planning, Shiloh was very responsive as well as very upfront with any questions I had. I am also in the hospitality industry and appreciated not having any "sugar coating". She will work with you and will try to be as flexible with your needs as she is able. She totally gets it and definitely has your best interest at heart.

We chose to have a plated meal and attended the pre-scheduled group tasting. This was one of my only concerns as I would have preferred to have it more personalized. Since I had some concerns about the food, I worked with Shiloh in having a private tasting set up - which was exactly what I needed. Both Shiloh and the Chef were there to discuss my concerns and ensure our wedding meal was tailored to what we had in mind. Having a private tasting set up was extremely helpful and everything we had discussed happened day of at our wedding.

We also had our rehearsal dinner at the Smokehouse Tent the night before and it truly was the best way to kick off your wedding weekend!

Overall Airlie was a perfect choice for us and our guests had such glowing things to say about the property, staff and food!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Lisa put together a beautiful rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding party. The tent was beautiful and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Sent on 03/21/2014

Hi ,

We are so excited about having the tent and happy to hear that you enjoyed it for your son’s rehearsal dinner.

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/15/2011

If you want to have your wedding and reception in one place, Airlie Center is a perfect choice. The updated Pavilion is AMAZING!! It is so beautiful and I still get compliments to this day. The gardens are beautiful and a great place for wedding and cocktail hour. Airlie's food was excellent and the service the evening of my wedding was much more than I expected. Tina who was our contact up until our wedding was always available for my questions and really puts you at ease when planning your wedding. In the end, we had an amazing wedding, one which I will never forget and a venue that was everything I dreamed.

Sent on 11/19/2011

Ellie R · Married on 02/22/2019

Winter wedding at Airlie

Daniel and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Neasia and the Airlie team. Neasia was extremely professional and provided quality customer service. I had been out of country just 1 week shy of my wedding day and she went above and beyond for us. She even was willing to jump on a FaceTime call with me during the final walkthrough. I was so nervous to ask her but she was ready and wiling. She even took the time to look over certain decor ideas we had in mind and give us her opinion on latest trends. Our wedding was small and intimate but it felt like a dream getting married at Airlie. The snow on the grounds in the Gardens were breathtaking. I was out of the country for the tasting so I was scared about missing trying the food. It was unbelievable good our wedding night! We had a plated meal package and since we were such a small intimate wedding I was able to look at everyone’s plate and it was all the same. I’m very keen on details like that. The servers were amazing we did have a few people switch chairs last minute but they rock and rolled the service. The only con I would like to add was as my guest were dancing the night away there were a few staff members passing out business cards telling them to email reviews on great the wedding was. I found this out after speaking to my guest and notified Neasia she did sincerely apologized and mentioned that is their normal procedure. All and all I would definitely recommend Airlie I could only imagine how beautiful the property is during the spring or summer.

Sent on 03/06/2019