68 Reviews for Airlie

Tents (2)
Event Rentals (1)
Limited Bar (1)
Aisle Markers (1)

Airlie makes magic happen! Every detail of my daughter's wedding went just as she had dreamed despite the weather. My worries about the change to tenting the ceremony and the cocktails were completely taken care of by her team. The ceremony looked amazing; the lanterns, candles, and flowers, were even more magical under the tent with the rain. Our worries that the cocktails had to be moved to the Pavilion and the decorations would not be there were somehow magically taken care of. The reception was beyond beautiful; just gorgeous in every way. Guests raved about the food, the venue, the band. It was a beautiful evening.

Shiloh has a very demanding job, but is able to handle it with a smile and gracious calm. We were especially thankful for that as we were a bit frenzied by the rain. Our reluctance on the day of to take the weather’s lead was, I am sure not unusual for Shiloh, but I am grateful that she was direct and professional. She stated that the guests did not know our vision which was on-target and made all the difference in our thinking of alternating plans.

I can’t thank Shiloh enough for making this entire planning process a pleasure. Airlie should never ever lose Shiloh!

Profile Picture Aileen, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Airlie was pretty perfect from start to finish. Shiloh and her team run a tight ship and all of the boxes were checked along the way. From the tour months before, tasting, walkthrough, rehearsal day, welcome party, wedding day and reception - all were all executed flawlessly. Our guests most enjoyed spending the weekend together onsite. The Airlie property is picturesque and very well maintained. They try to locally source much of the food on the menu, which was also a big hit. We also credit Shiloh with recommending us to our day-of-coordinator Amanda at White Pumpkin. In fact, all of our vendors were well versed with the Airlie property and staff, making everything easier. We plan to spending the weekend at Airlie for our anniversary weekend next May.

Profile Picture Shane, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The entire wedding weekend was amazing! The staff at Airlie were always more than willing to help all my guests and myself. They were kind and patient and went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. The food was outstanding. My guests are still talking about the food at Harry’s and how the food at the reception was the best wedding food they ever had! And last but not least Shiloh was my wedding coordinator throughout the months leading up to the wedding and I could not have been more lucky to have had her! She is the most patient and kind person and Iam so grateful to have had her help me seamlessly through everything. Thank you again to everyone at Airlie, we will definitely be back for anniversaries to come!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 4/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Airlie is by far the best venue I have ever come across. I searched for weeks, at least viewing 30 venues in my area, and nothing came close to Airlie. It's absolutely beautiful! As soon as we arrived I knew it was the place I wanted to remember the rest of my life. They have it all; multiple ceremony space, reception areas, amazing food, drink, accommodations on site, and activities galore! The staff is amazing, so helpful and kind. I worked closely with Shiloh and Quaid, the event coordinators, and they are outstanding! They made sure everything went perfect on our big day, and we can't thank them enough! Love Airlie, and we plan on visiting for anniversaries and get aways in the future!!

Profile Picture Mallory, 10/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

No other venue in the DMV can hold a candle to Airlie! We had guests from 15 states and 5 countries, so we wanted the wedding to be not just a few hours, but a full weekend getaway. Our guests raved about the natural beauty, delicious food, and relaxing atmosphere. Some stayed for 4 days! Our ceremony was in the formal gardens and the reception was in the pavilion. Everything was perfect. The food was super local, fresh, and fancy. Best quality wedding food I've ever had. The pavilion is a beautiful space and everything was set up flawlessly the night before. The gardens were a beautiful setting for the ceremony and cocktail hour and guests loved wandering an discovering something new around every corner. I basically picked my venue based on what the photos would look like and Airlie has THE MOST gorgeous and varied backdrops. The best thing about Airlie is the people who work there. Everyone went above and beyond to make my day special and run smoothly: champagne was delivered at lightning speed, and the lady at the front desk even drove into town to get my package to the post office because I had just missed their mail pick up. Shiloh is a treasure. Sweet, organized, composed, responsive--I don't know how she does it! She took careful notes throughout and everything was set up exactly as I requested. She answered my MANY questions throughout the process and coordinated many complex aspects that other brides don't bother with. It's astounding how warm, friendly and relaxed this place is. 100% would choose again for my next wedding! haha jk.

To balance the review, things Airlie could improve: the getting ready suite could use an update to add mirrors, large windows, and make it more photogenic; bartenders refused to pour straight shots (this may be VA law, but we were a Russian wedding, so it was a problem); not a fan of the giant fan in the pavilion; and tbh 22% is a very high service charge. All were minor and could not begin to dampen our best day ever!

Profile Picture Elana, 8/5/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware

Airlie came highly recommended to us by some friends who celebrated their wedding there a few years ago. When we chose this venue for our daughter's wedding, they certainly didn't disappoint! Every attention to detail was spot on from Rehearsal Dinner to the Wedding Reception. Shiloh Wolfrey and her staff could not have been more accommodating. Our guests raved to us about the incredible food and the cheerful attitude of the entire staff. They also enjoyed continuing the celebration at the on-site pub after both the rehearsal dinner and reception. More than half of the guests were from out of town and it was so convenient for them to stay on site. If we had it to do all over again, we wouldn't have changed a thing! Look no further than Airlie for your big event!

Profile Picture Carla, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Airlie was an absolutely fantastic place to hold our reception. The food was unbelievable, and our POC, Quaid, was on top of everything and super responsive to any questions we had. Everyone who attended the wedding raved about how beautiful Airlie was, and we can't wait to see how our pictures turned out from the gorgeous grounds at Airlie! Airlie's "all-inclusive" model also made the whole planning process much easier, as we didn't have to hire a separate caterer or bar staff or worry about set-up/take-down at all. Airlie isn't cheap - although we got a slight discount by doing our wedding on a Friday, and I know they also offer off-peak discounts - but it was worth every penny. Highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Just had my wedding at Airlie. It is truly a top notch venue. The staff was very kind and willing to do anything we asked. If you go to tour ask for Shiloh she is amazing. From the first appointment to the day of she took care of everything for us. This was truly an all inclusive venue that goes above and beyond at everything. I would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Alec, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Outstanding experience. We had an amazing wedding and thanks to Shiloh Wolfrey, planned only in 5 weeks, everything worked out perfectly and without a hitch.

Profile Picture Katerina, 10/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Extremely easy to work with, very timely responses, gorgeous place!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As an event planner myself, I appreciate other event planners and venues that take the time to really anticipate every need of their clients and guests. Working with Airlie was such a breeze from the time of the initial booking, to the execution of the event. They thought of every little small detail and took away a lot of the logistically headaches that are often associated with weddings. Shiloh was our event planner and she was incredibly responsive, detail oriented, and easy to work with. Airlie is a BEAUTIFUL venue and all of our photos look incredible. We even toured Airlie in February when the grass is dead and trees have no leaves and it was still so beautiful. So thrilled we chose this venue for our wedding.

Profile Picture User6993294, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful or perfectly executed. Every detail was handled expertly. Our event coordinator and sales person Shiloh Wolfrey thought of everything before we did! Thank you thank you!

Profile Picture joyce, 9/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Airlie wedding could not have been more perfect! Having a venue that you know 100% knows what they are doing is the best thing you can ask for. We worked with Shiloh as our coordinator, and I can't say enough wonderful things about her responsiveness, professionalism, and talent. If you haven't visited Airlie- do it! If you have, then I can't imagine you are on the fence about selecting them as a wedding venue. There is truly nowhere more beautiful in the area! Having hotel accommodations on property, as well as an abundance of activities for your guests, shuttle service to and from lodging buildings, a pub, amazing restaurant, not to mention the beauty of the entire property, makes it the all around most amazing wedding experience for both you and your guests. We got so many compliments, and had guests tell us how they were going to plan their next weekend getaway there! The gardens were the perfect spot for our afternoon cocktail hour, providing shade to keep guests comfortable, and such a classy gorgeous environment. We had our reception in the pavilion, which also could not be more beautiful with the decorative lights, wooden structure, and the large eco fan. Airlie is the perfect serene environment to set the mood for a wedding, and the photo opportunities there are endless! With the professionalism of the entire staff, our wedding day went off without a hitch, and was completely stress free and enjoyable for us! We could not be any happier with our choice!

Profile Picture User4508049, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

The property is the most gorgeous thing you have ever seen. Our guests raved about the food. But the best thing is the staff! Every request I made got the response..."yes, and at no extra charge." That included special plates for vegetarians even though we had a buffet. That included a birthday cake for the best man. I LOVED working with Shiloh and everyone at Airlie. You have to see this place to believe it. All our out-of-town guests stayed at Airlie and they had a million fun things to do during the day before the wedding. The pool is adjacent to the bar and game room. Some went skeet shooting, or used the complimentary bikes, or walked in the butterfly garden. I really can't say enough about Airlie.

Profile Picture Susan, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

This venue is absolutely stunning! From the moment we walked in and saw the garden we knew it was the place for us!! We met with Tara and everything went very smoothly, she was accommodating as we were still searching venues and didn't rush us in making our decision. Once our decision was made she was extremely helpful and answered any question I had and helped us know what to expect.

When it came to our food it was amazing - it just felt like it took forever to get to try our food - the tasting was three months before the wedding, which we were almost done paying for the wedding. It worked out because like I said it was incredible!!!

Day of we were working with Brooks and they made sure we had met and worked well with my wedding planner - I had as well! As far as I know everything went smoothly - Tara was there for us up until the day of and then it was Brooks! I felt well taken care of and didn't worry about anything. When we arrived the morning of in the old post room everything was amazing! The chairs were all set up for us to get ready, we had drinks galore, and coffee etc! Then they brought us some snacks which were great!! We then got our lunch and that was over the top!!! My girls and I never went hungry!!!

I have heard nothing but great things about the stations buffet and cocktails. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it was the perfect wedding!! I would recommend them to everyone and it was well worth the cost to not have to stress over every little detail!!!!

Profile Picture Stacey, 5/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Airlie is the hidden gem of Northern Virginia! It is everything you could want in a wedding venue - gorgeous grounds for both your ceremony and reception, accommodations for family & guests, on-site catering and rentals, and the best staff imaginable. Airlie is beautiful in every season- the team will work with you to find the right space for your wedding, no matter the season or the size of your party. Shiloh, our Airlie contact, was the best - she was incredibly professional and prompt with her responses to my many questions! Airlie definitely knows how to run events beautifully. We didn't have to worry about a thing because we knew they had it covered. Day-of, Shiloh and her staff would check in to make sure we didn't need anything and to ensure we were satisfied. We could call the front desk at any time while getting ready that morning and someone would bring us whatever we needed. We definitely felt like Airlie was cheering for us and so glad to have our wedding weekend there.

We loved starting off our wedding weekend with s'mores at the pub! It was so fun to have our families, bridal party, and out of town guests join us to hang out in the pub and game room on Friday night. It is so convenient to walk around Airlie - from the rooms to the manor house or the Pavilion is all in walking distance, but you can also hop on a bike or call the manor house and someone will come drive you! That was very convenient for elderly guests. It was so fun that our wedding guests could walk to and from all the wedding activities and we didn't have to worry about hiring transportation. The manor house, formal gardens and the Pavilion are incredible venues to have your ceremony & reception - they are so unique and absolutely stunning.

Finding Airlie was the easiest and best part of planning our wedding. It felt like a destination wedding as you can spend the weekend celebrating with family and friends, but it's less than an hour from DC! Airlie is truly the best!

Profile Picture Sally, 4/9/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I start... we were SO HAPPY with Airlie, from start to finish! We worked with event manager, Tara Henson, at Airlie and we were beyond happy to work with her. She made the entire process fun and went out of her way to make things work specifically for us.

We understand that we are only one of numerous weddings at Airlie every year, but everyone there made us feel like royalty, as if we were the only ones getting married there. That said, you can tell that events are their business - they were absolute pros and everything went seamlessly, even when locations had to be changed last minute due to weather.

From the food (both rehearsal and reception), the lodging, the on-site "shuttles" at your service, and the amazing service from every person, we were "wow'd" and so were our guests. We received so many complements on how wonderful our venue is, and we're honestly hoping to crash someone else's wedding there we loved it so much!! :-)

Profile Picture Whitney, 10/30/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation
Services Used: Aisle Markers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Airlie was the absolutely perfect venue for our wedding. All our guests loved the setting, the food, and the service. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

We held both the ceremony and reception at Airlie Center this November and both events were exceptional. The Airlie Staff was wonderful and the venue is gorgeous! In additon to being Mother of the Bride, I was also the wedding planner and so I can rate the entire process as well as the event itself as seamless and perfectly executed. Our Airlie event manager, Lisa, was wonderful and the entire staff, including the chefs (great food!) and support staff did a terrific job. Several of our guests stayed the night at Airlie and we have heard nothing but compliments from them. Our events at Airlie exceeded our exprectations and our daughter told us it was the "wedding of her dreams". We are highly satified with the Airlie Center and their staff.

Profile Picture Laura , 11/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so thankful we decided to have our wedding at Airlie!! There are several areas to hold weddings at but the entire facility is absolutely gorgeous! Brittany was our coordinator and I honestly could not have pulled off such an amazing day without her help. She was very responsive and helped me through so much of the planning process. Brittany was very upfront with what we could and couldn't do at Airlie which I really appreciated. When it came to the day of, all of the staff were so helpful and attentative to us. Especially when it came to helping the bridal party get from one area of Airlie to the next.

The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch thanks to Brittany and the staff's help. Everything was so beautiful! The pictures we have seen so far are truly amazing! The food was fantastic - all my guests continue to rave about it! Thank you again to everyone at Airlie - especially Brittany!!

Profile Picture Catie, 7/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is the gem that you never new was so close to DC! It's such a great spot - formerly a 1200 acre plantation, it has expansive grounds and best part - 150 rooms! So - everyone can stay on property. It's like a little retreat for you and your family. There are tons of activities and spots to check out - formal gardens, butterfly garden, bicicyles on property for guests, fishing (they provide the equipment), skeet shooting, their organic garden where their produce is grown for the food, among many other things. We used the Smokehouse for our Rehearsal Dinner and the formal gardens/pavilion for our wedding. The staff was amazing to work with - particularly Lisa , Michael, and Floyd. They provided us with incredible service and made the weekend so special for my family and friends.

Profile Picture Sara, 6/28/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at Airlie in May 2014 and couldn't have asked for a better venue for my rustic/vintage wedding. At the beginning of my engagement, Airlie was the first venue that I checked out- as soon as I saw it, I knew that's where I wanted to say "I Do"!

Brittany Carey was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and was always available by phone or email to answer any questions I had. She made me feel very relaxed and stress free as the date approached because I knew she had everything under control.

On the day of, all of the staff at Airlie was very friendly and helpful. I had an amazing time and everyone complemented the food that was catered for the wedding.

I would definitely recommend Airlie to anyone looking for that perfect outdoor wedding venue!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/17/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's Airlie wedding was magical and exceeded all expectations!

Beginning with the pre-wedding preparations, Lisa Albert was instrumental in helping us plan where and how the various parts of the wedding could be orchestrated. She was professional in every way and was full of ideas that made the wedding even nicer than we could have imagined. In addition, Lisa was extremely flexible and even allowed us to move the rehearsal dinner to the wonderful smokehouse tent—just one week before the event!

The weather was spectacular on the day of the wedding and having the wedding service in the lower garden with the chairs placed in the round made for a warm and moving ceremony that brought many guests to tears. The cocktails in the upper garden were lovely and I hear the appetizers were amazing. Fortunately, Lisa thought to arrange for a special tray of food to be brought to the Spanish Steps for the parents and bridal party as we finished up photos! The dinner in the Pavilion could not have been more lovely—the combination of a beautiful couple, wonderful company, twinkling lights and stars in the dome, fun music, and great food made for an incredible night.

I cannot say enough about the thoughtful staff. The front desk staff, servers, electricians, AV, bartenders, etc., all were top notch—and I knew that on the rehearsal and wedding days the staff had every detail under control.

The wedding was spectacular!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Shawn, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Wedding Planning

Wonderful place for a wedding, great staff, service level was excellent and food was terrific!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Heidi, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning