Airbrush Beauty At Your Door on location make-up & hair Reviews

196 | Stamford, CT

196 Reviews for Airbrush Beauty At Your Door on location make-up & hair

Lauren · Married on 07/02/2016

Donna was great! She was very flexible when scheduling my hair and makeup trial. She is down to earth and I was very happy with her service. My makeup will look great on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/20/2015

bernadine · Married on 10/25/2014

Donna, Victoria, and Angel were a great team. Donna decided to bring an extra hair person to make the day feel less rushed and it made quite a difference. Donna's makeup application was fantastic and looked flawless in photos. Victoria was not the original person set to do my hair but I am so glad she was the one that ended up doing it because it looked even better than the trial and than I imagined it could, Donna has a lot of energy and will keep everyone in good spirits.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Donna did a beautiful job on my bridal make-up and on all of my bridesmaids. She created a very natural yet enhanced look for each one of us. Her prices were very reasonable and affordable for everyone in my bridal party. She came to us the morning of the wedding and did the make-up for a total of 9 women. Since our day started quite early, Donna offered to come back in the evening during the cocktail hour to touch up my make-up and any of the bridesmaids that needed it. This was extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend Donna for bridal make-up; she's a lot of fun and does a beautiful job.

Sent on 12/23/2013

3.5

Donna was great. She made me laugh the day of my wedding and kept me calm. The airbrush application is so light that i did not realize i had makeup on. It lasted ALL day/night yet was easy to wash off at the end of the night. Donna really understood what i was looking for and made my makeup look natural like i wanted and enough to work with photos. She talks through options with you and makes suggestions you may not have thought of yourself. I highly recommend Donna and will use her services in the future for that fancy party i may go to some day :-)

Sent on 10/03/2013

Donna was great in providing what I needed & then some - she was insightful and respectful of how I wanted to look in photos and gave me a look that looked like me and not someone else. Am looking forward to future events and working with her & her team.

Sent on 10/22/2013

3.5

Donna did a wonderful job with makeup for our wedding. She made everyone look beautiful, and the make-up lasted all night! She uses high quality products. Her hair assistant Lacey was absolutely outstanding. She did a phenomenal job, and everyone was finished in plenty of time. Donna did bring a male assistant along. It made getting dressed a little awkward, so the girls had to bring their dresses to their rooms, rather than getting ready together. We would absolutely recommend Beauty at Your Door!

Sent on 07/11/2012

3.0

Make up looked great and stayed for the duration of the wedding. Give yourself a lot of time in the morning for hair and make up so you're not stressed over your time line. Donna has a ton of make up and airbrush looks great. Will travel to anywhere you are if you get ready at a salon or at home.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Maggie · Married on 08/08/2014

Donna and Victoria (hair) were so sweet, energetic and accommodating! I was so nervous about the way I would look as I do not wear makeup or do up my hair.. ever. I also hate myself in pics. BUT all the pics I saw so far I've loved! They both put me at ease and made me feel and look fabulous!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Monica · Married on 10/03/2015

3.5

Donna and her team did a beautiful job with hair and makeup for my wedding in October! My makeup looked so natural, exactly what I asked for, and stayed on the entire night. I got many compliments about how I was glowing. Angel did my hair and she was wonderful! My hair was exactly what I wanted and stayed in pretty well the whole night even with tons of wind and dancing. My bridesmaids also got their hair done and looked great! Donna even did some of their makeup free of charge! I am so pleased with how beautiful we all looked in person and in pictures!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Caryn · Married on 11/11/2012

3.0

Donna and her team were available throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding. They travel to where you are which is incredibly helpful and makes things much easier so you can do hair at the same time. The airbrush is good and it helps everything stay on throughout the wedding but Donna and her team come to the site to touch up after the ceremony.

Sent on 12/26/2012

Anne · Married on 10/09/2011

3.5

Donna and her team were wonderful the day of our wedding. They were very flexible and she even brought more stylists with her since the number of people getting hair and makeup done grew during the last week before the wedding. We all felt beautiful walking out the door!

Sent on 10/23/2011

A · Married on 12/28/2011

3.5

Great makeup done by Donna. And Theresa's hair was beautifully executed as well. Happily recommend her (and Theresa) to anyone for their big day or any other dressy event. :)

Sent on 01/05/2012

Shidara · Married on 07/07/2013

Donna was great very responsive and easy to get a hold of. She called me on my wedding day to find out if i needed anything and got there early and was already setup by the time i arrived. She remembered i had oily skin and brought oil blotting sheets for me to use throughout the day. I initially did not like the makeup done at my trial but I sent Donna pictures of what I was looking for and she gave me exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. She even bought new products. My matron of honor was also pleased with her makeup. The only complaint was that I wished she had used lipstick instead of just liner so that it last longer, she did however leave me the liner for touch ups.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Adriana · Married on 11/28/2009

Make-up Service

Sent on 12/28/2009

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2012

3.8
      3.5

Donna does GREAT makeup! Donna did my bridal airbrush makeup for me the bride, my sister the matron of honor and my mom. My guests actually commented on how beautiful all three of us were with our makeup. Donna knows how to perfect the makeup so it looks natural and shows up in wedding photos without appearing overdone. My husband said how much he loved my makeup and he hates when I wear makeup at all! Getting my trial done was a hassle, as Donna called me two days before my trial saying she needed to cancel my trial to fit in another bride who's makeup artist cancelled on her last minute. Therefore, I had to reschedule my trial to accommodate another bride which was kind of annoying and a hassle since I had to drive 1 and 1/2 hours to her house for my trial since she was unable to meet in a neutral place for the trial. Donna did throw in free lashes since I had a poor experience with another makeup trial at another salon, so that was nice of her. Donna has a big heart and loves to help all her brides. She did wonderful on the day of my wedding coming to my hotel room and was right on time for the big day. Donna also did great helping to calm my nerves on the wedding day and helped me organize all my wedding party so I could get ready and put my dress on since I was running a little late. Hiring Donna Puma to do your makeup is definitely a bridal experience, that you won't regret.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/07/2018

3.4

50 minutes late for the start of our Wedding

While Donna did a good job she had poor time management and underestimated her time with doing makeup for 7 Bridesmaids, mother of the bride and mother of the groom and myself the bride. She started doing makeup at 12pm and the wedding start time was 4pm. She started doing my makeup at 4pm and spent more time on the bridesmaids then myself the bride due to running late. Donna is very nice and social but her conversations are one of the reasons why she was so behind in time. My husband and I figured out the math and our wedding was six hours and she cost us $5,000 due to her poor time management. I would advise any bride who uses Donna to discuss time management so they are not late to their own wedding. Due to being late the evening was very rushed and this is something my Husband and I will never forget.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Hi Jessica,
    Congratulations again, I’m sorry you feel that way but I was at the Venue at 11am waiting and everyone showed up late,people were added on the day of, I did you second to last because you were getting your hair done, i sincerely apologize that you feel that way. Me and my team pride ourselves in making sure everything is done in a timely manor.
  • Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 06/22/2012

1.0

I would love to say I highly recommend Donna, but unfortunately I cannot. Her makeup is stunning. She did a beautiful job on my makeup as well as my bridesmaids, mother, and grandmothers. One of my grandmothers had recently fallen and had a black eye as a result, Donna did a great job covering it up and making her feel good. Everyone's makeup stayed on the whole day and night.

The reason I cannot say I highly recommend Donna is her lack of professionalism, responsiveness to my concern, and flexibility. She and her hair stylist were supposed to show up at 11 am, giving 11 people plenty of time to get hair and make up done. However, she called me at 11:30 to tell me they would be late because another bride called and needed hair and make up done last minute. I did not even have a chance to voice my concerns or ask what "late" was. (To be fair, this bride didn't have these services because they cancelled on her last minute. However, instead of saying she was booked already and giving her another contact, Donna took the job). She ended up being 90 minutes late with our hairstylist coming even later than that. Unfortunately, it was not enough time for everyone to get ready on time and we were more than 20 minutes late. Since we were late, I had to rush getting my dress on, missed out on taking photos with my bridesmaids before the ceremony, rushed through pictures with family and friends, and was more than 30 minutes late to my reception.

After the wedding, my mother was convinced she paid too much for services. Donna did not help me with this, her hair stylist did. It took three email exchanges before Donna acknowledged that taking the other bride seriously impacted the service I was provided with.

I appreciate her acknowledgement, although a bit belated, and I appreciate her attempt to make her tardiness better. She provided a discount for makeup for everyone, except for me-the bride. However, these attempts do not make up for being so late, stressed, and missing out on numerous photos.

However, her make up is beautiful and it will last. Hopefully, she will not be late.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Airbrush Beauty At Your Door on location make-up & hair's reply:

I was there in plenty of time do the make up, it was my hair girl who also left your extensions in Fairfeild and had to go get them, I take my job very serious and this has never happened
    Ii feel terrible you know how important my brides are
    Congrats on new marriage I wish you all the happiness in the world

2.5
      2.5
      1.5
      0.5

We used airbrush beauty. and although we all came out beautiful we really cannot reccommend Donna. She did not accurately allot enough time for hair & makeup even after detailed conversations, time lines, head counts - it was so scattered we should have started hours earlier. The last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day is rushing around, so we were so pressed for time and stressed out. she spends WAY too much time talking and about personal life things not everyone is comfortable chatting about. Feedback from all our ladies and grandma is she really needs to be quiet and focus on doing her job - makeup. There is no need for her to be running around and doing other things, she easily wasted an hour and a half worrying about other things that did not concern her. She also did not work well with our video grapher who requested her assistance, if you have an opinion different than hers she is not very pleasant. She appeared to be doped up on some type of drug when she came to our church - very hyper and all over the place. she was disruptive and making guests feel uncomfortable. It was the one vendor i really regret using, cost is Very affordable and the work is great but really, VERY unprofessional. Her hair girl - Lacey out of Morristown,NJ is AMAZING however and would reccommend her seperately.

Sent on 08/23/2014

Airbrush Beauty At Your Door on location make-up & hair's reply:

I'm extremely upset and need to some research regarding this review.. 1st of all I do not go to the church. 2nd We all have different personalities 99% of my brides like my staff. I have been in this business for a long time and have learned that the priority is to keep the bride calm and happy and finish in a timely manor. The Videographer in many occasions has a vision which I respect, to keep moving me and asking us to step away it creates a distraction and time is of the essence. With that being said I require to speak with the photographer and other vendors so the bride is ready and we are on the same page. Thank you and wish u all the happiness in the world
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 12/21/2019

1.6

Poor communication

I truly dislike writing negative reviews. But if someone had told me prior to contacting Donna that it would have been so difficult I wouldn't have wasted my time.
    Originally, I was so excited to work with Donna. Months ago, she assured me that she would be able to do my make up for my trial on the day of my Bridal shower.
    Fast forward to a week before my shower, we planned to talk on Friday at noon during my lunch break. She never picked up her phone, didn't answer text messages, and failed to even email that she wasn't available at the agreed upon time. Finally, later that afternoon I get her on the phone and she assures me she will able to travel to me early Saturday to do my makeup.
    Tuesday before the shower I tell her my address and suggested time.
    She then informs me SHE was waiting to hear from me to tell me she won't be able to come up to me! As soon as she found out she couldn't make it up she should have said something.
    I am completely in awe of her lack of communication and professionalism. She offered to set me up with one of her friends whose work I have never seen.
    I am extremely disappointed and am now in a rush to find someone else.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi Marissa
    We started talking a while a go and you wanted hair and makeup then just makeup which is fine , and I told you my location, you said I’ll just have to get up early, I always try to accommodate my clients. I texted and called you through the month to confirm, you were flaky. You never filled out the contract, I feel bad but you got really nasty towards me on the phone ,and text. I wish you the best of luck.

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2019

Sadly Disappointed, Very Unprofessional

My experience with Donna initially was great! She was quick to respond and get a contract together Donna was very helpful answering my initial questions, sharing example photos of her teams work and had similar/competitive pricing with other vendors I contacted. So I decided to hire her team for my big day!

The trial took some time to schedule, didn’t end up meeting each other until 3 weeks before the wedding. She cancelled at the scheduled time of first trial because of a rain storm that was passing through and only lasted about 30 minutes. Always had excuses, the power went out, her apartment flooded, traffic, her personal health issues, etc. Her team is not local and some travel from NJ/NY, which of course comes with delays from traffic and other travel obstacles.

At the trial, she was unprofessionally speaking to her hair associate. Made some unnecessary racial remarks about her and other people from her team. My hair ended up in a coarse straight mess, nothing like the images I shared and not even curly. I requested to know how I should prepare my hair on the day of to make sure my hair would hold a curl better for the wedding day. I received a text the night of the wedding from Donna at 3:30am, unfortunately waking me up and was unable to sleep and get the rest I needed the night before my wedding day.

At trial, due to being almost an hour late, Donna mentioned her team comes to town the night before the day of the wedding. Unfortunately that was not the case on my wedding day, they began their morning in Jersey. She scheduled another wedding that same morning which ended up effecting our timeline. Originally said we would start at 10am, then changed to 10:15. I get a call at 10:15 that they will be there 10:45. Did not show up until about 11am. First thing she does walking in is go for the breakfast spread I put out for me bridal party and family. Of course I would have no problem sharing with her and her team, just should not be priority when running late.

Again on the morning of the wedding day she was unprofessionally speaking to her staff and making racial remarks, just unnecessary. As I sat in the chair to get my make up done, she proceeded to grind her crotch vigorously on my leg in a joking manner, honestly it was just gross and off putting. She proceeded to do my make-up and did not follow what we discussed at the trial and we had to re-do it. A handful of the bridesmaids had to get back in the chair to fix up poorly done make-up. After hours of prep and 3 rounds of curling my hair, the result was basically straight hair. I did not feel like a bride on my big day and just honestly I am not looking forward to getting the pictures from my photographer. We were an hour late to the venue due to Donna’s tardiness. I was unable to take a lot of the photos I intended with my family and bridal party and that is something I cannot get back.

I am not typically a public reviewer and am only sharing my experience to help future brides. A lot of time, work, and money goes into planning a wedding and to feel your best after all is said in done really makes the day. I did not feel bridal and had a mini breakdown from the stress of being delayed to the venue. She did try to make things better by comping some of the charges but saving a couple bucks cannot get back the memories we had to give up. Overall I do not recommend working with Donna due to the lack of professionalism.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Amanda
    I’m sorry you feel that way, I am not racist, unfortunately I was in the other room not able to see what was going on with hair my brides are very important to me. I’m sorry again I guess you have to blame me since I own the business, I made a poor choice, I should have put a different person on to do your hair. I gave you a discount and I’ll refund the full amount of hair,.
    Regards

1.0

This is rating her team of hair specialists. The entire bridal party received the worst, messiest, coated in hard hair-spray up-do's. I wish I hadn't paid $85, since I had to take it out and re-do it myself afterwards. I honestly wonder if these "professionals" were ever trained in hair styling.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Airbrush Beauty At Your Door on location make-up & hair's reply:

I looked my email which I keep. Idid not do a wedding 10/18/13. With that Being that said and the fact you can't give your name or call me to rectify the situation, confuses me and leads me to believe that it is false. Writing a review is very important but if you were that unhappy please contact me so I could have rectified the situation.