Aimee Custis Photography Reviews

31 | Washington, DC

31 Reviews for Aimee Custis Photography

We literally cannot recommend Aimee highly enough. She met with us personally go over a shot list and timeline, and beautifully balanced making suggestions to produce more beautiful pictures while also respecting non-negotiable aspects of our timeline, which she readily worked around. On the day of, she balanced keeping us relaxed, wrangling our wide array of spirited family members, and unobtrusively capturing what seemed like every moment of the day. She consistently went above and beyond to ensure that we were comfortable in front of the camera, which is a feat in and of itself. We received our photos quickly and they were beyond anything we could have imagined. We LOVE them and have gotten too many compliments to count about them. We were beyond lucky to have such a dedicated, professional, talented, and fun presence in our wedding. Aimee and her team were incredible, and we will continue to recommend them to family and friends for any and all photography needs!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Aimee Custis Photography's reply:

Thank you! The only thing better than being showered with such warm praise is having the honor of documenting your wedding in the first place. I consider myself so fortunate to be able to make such a connection with my couples. I hope you treasure your photos forever!

Aimee was PHENOMENAL to work with. Incredibly organized, timely & energetic. She helped us anticipate lots of little wedding related details beforehand that we may not have thought of (without being pushy or stressing us out), and her & her team were a truly fun presence on our wedding day. Easiest vendor I worked without throughout the entire wedding process, and everybody LOVED the photos (which she posted online within a week!). Her rates are much better than going through a traditional photography studio, and you get a much more personalized experience.

Sent on 05/12/2014
  • User3895727 · event on: 01/18/2014

Aimee was truly a pleasure to work with. She is very talented and returned our engagement photos very quickly. I have been recommending her to friends and will keep doing so!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Aimee and Kian were great - very professional and prepared, and the photos turned out beautifully!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Carolina · Married on 06/29/2013

Aimee was our photographer for our wedding and engagement photo shoot. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera (something we're not very good at) and it showed! She even tailored a package for us based on what we needed and wanted (something not many other photographers would do). Aimee was a true professional throughout the whole process (weddings can be stressful!) and made sure to clearly communicate all the details which made the actual wedding day so much easier for all of us. And we love the final photos!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Kat · Married on 04/13/2013

Aimee was just all around great! I have a pretty busy work schedule, and trying to plan a wedding and at the same time book times for getting to know the photographer was really chaotic. Aimee made it really easy, and was very flexible.

I am also amazed at her professionalism. There was a hurdle when family members booked an additional photographer the day of the wedding, but Aimee was very calm and adapted quickly to the last minute change. She worked well with the other photographers and that speaks volumes for her professionalism. She really does make a point to make it about the couple and not about the circumstances. I've seen incidents at other events where a similar situation happened, and the photographers just fought with each other the whole time. They made it all about an artists' ego and not the event around them. I really appreciated that even though it might have been an awkward time, she pushed through it and made it work.

She turned around the photos very quickly and I am really happy with my photos. I plan on being a repeat customer for other life events, and would recommend her to my friends. I had a wonderful experience with Aimee. I am not very comfortable around cameras, but she was able to work with me and I became comfortable with her.

Aside from just the great personality and professionalism, she has a great eye and will look at something uniquely. Your pictures will be lovely. If you are unsure what shots you want, she will help you form a list and give you some suggestions. I really thought she was the best, and she calmed down a very nervous bride that's not photogenic anyway.

Sent on 01/07/2014