31 Reviews for Ai Love Hair

Consultations (1)
Hair (1)
Makeup (1)
31 Ai Love Hair Reviews

Ai and her team did a fantastic job for myself (bride), my mom and my 3 bridesmaids. Ai was patient with me during my 2 pre-wedding trials. One the wedding day, her team (3 people in total) was prompt in the morning (6:30am) and worked fast (done in 3.5 hours). Their work was gorgeous and turned all of us into natural-looking but glamorous versions of ourselves. Ai’s hair techniques are especially great! My hair (with fresh flowers) stayed up all day and as was my makeup. Really happy I went with Ai and her team!

Profile Picture P, 10/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai is amazing ! She worked with me extensively to figure out the best hairstyle for my wedding. Her makeup application is flawless and expertly applied.

Profile Picture Anita, 10/2/16, 5 Reviews
2.6

I used Ai last month for my wedding makeup and hair. While Ai took notes during the trial, she did not following them closely. She confused my request with another clients. I did not feel that Ai was easy to work with. I also came out with uneven eyebrows and orange colored streaks on my face. My husband noticed during our first look pictures. How embarrassing!

Also Ai charged me an extra $200 fee for transportation! My venue was one hour away, but I still thought that it was ridiculous.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5463538, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai and her assistants were amazing, not only I love the way I looked on the wedding day, my two moms and six bridesmaids looked stunning on that day. I am truly please with the services that I received from Ai and grateful for her professionalism and her talent in making an ordinary person into a princess on her wedding day! Thank you so much and I will definitely recommend to friends who are/will get married!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Hair

I could not be more happier with hair and makeup services provided by Ai. She did my, my MOH's and my mother's hair and makeup and all of us were extremely happy with the results. I received so many positive comments about my hair and makeup. I wanted my makeup to be not too heavy (more natural) yet still glamorous with my dress, and she did exactly that. My hair was so beautifully done that even my father, who never comments on how my hair is, just loved it and couldn't stop commenting about it. It was easy to schedule both the trial and the wedding day with Ai as she and her assistant were very responsive to e-mails and Ai even called me to follow up to make sure everything was ok. The trial was done in a beautiful hair salon in midtown NY, which was very convenient for me. In addition to her technical skills, she was such a wonderful person to work with; she arrived on time and completed her work on time, and was very professional, responsive, friendly and flexible. I would recommend Ai for anyone seeking beautiful hair and makeup as well as wonderful experience.

Profile Picture Chiharu, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Some of my friends said they would love to hire Ai on their wedding day after they saw my makeup and hair. Ai was friendly and easy to work with. She arrived 15 min. early on my getting-ready venue so I didn’t need to worry about the time.

Ai also did my mom’s and mother-in-law’s makeup and hair. They both loved her amazing work. Ai created a nature but yet stunning look for me. The make-up was flawless and stayed for a long time. Thank you Ai for the wonderful service. The makeup and hair was definitely memorable on my wedding day.

I would recommend Ai to everyone I know. : )

Profile Picture User5325807, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai and her assistant did my, my mom's, and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup for my wedding day. Ai was great to work with from the trial to the wedding day. I actually changed my hairstyle choice the day of the wedding and Ai was so flexible and was able to capture what I wanted perfectly. I received so many compliments saying my hair and makeup was just right - not too much and not too little. She made me feel and look like a star for my big day. I would recommend Ai without any hesitation for any bride! Thank you, Ai!

Profile Picture Nancy, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai was very professional throughout the entire process. She gave me some ideas during the makeup/hair trial and was very helpful in narrowing down the options. The day of, she arrived early to set up, and was also very accommodating when we added hair/makeup for an additional person last-minute. She also stayed later than the original time so that the photographer/videographer could get the shots they needed. Ai was really easy to work with and I was very happy with my hair/makeup for the day!

Profile Picture Sandy, 5/20/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai and her assistant did an amazing job on hair and makeup for me, my 3 bridesmaids, mom and mother-in-law. I did a trial with her prior to booking. For the trial, she did two hair and makeup looks. On the day of the wedding I choose one of the looks and she was flexible in making some changes to the hairstyle. For everyone else, she had them show a photo of the hairstyle they wanted. They did a great job on the hair and the makeup. They showed up on time and worked throughout the morning to get us ready in time. I think her prices are reasonable compared to other vendors and would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture User4369044, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai did makeup and hair for me and makeup for my mother and mother-in-law for my wedding in June 2014. She did an amazing job - despite me not having time to do a trial before the day of the wedding, she looked at a couple photos I sent her beforehand and gave me beautiful, natural makeup and a hairstyle that lasted all night.

Before the wedding, Ai and her assistant Lori were very responsive via email as well as very flexible (we were originally scheduled to do hair and makeup for all 3 people but had to cancel hair at the last minute due to scheduling conflicts).

The morning of the wedding, Ai showed up right on time and finished right on time. Despite some nerves and lack of specific guidance from the bridal party, Ai was always professional and made sure that everyone ended up with makeup they loved. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User4316806, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I spent over a year planning my wedding down to every detail and researched many different vendors before selecting Ai Love Hair, and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. In particular I was looking for a hair and makeup artist who knew what was best for Asian hair and skin. Not only is Ai (and her assistant) super friendly and informative leading up to the big day, but Ai is also incredibly talented and flexible. I scheduled a trial with her a few months before the wedding to test out two different hairstyles and makeup styles. After seeing so many pretty options online I wasn't sure what would look best on me. When the big day came, I decided to go in a completely different direction from the two hair styles that I tried before during the trial. I explained to Ai what I wanted conceptually, and when she was finished I couldn't believe how perfectly she had captured my vision! Not only was my hair perfect, but my makeup was also flawless and all of my guests commented how natural it looked. She also did a beautiful job on my two bridesmaids and worked very quickly and efficiently. Our hair and makeup lasted all day until the wedding ended at midnight. I highly recommend Ai Love Hair to all brides-to-be!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/8/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai and her assistant, Ukumi did makeup for me and my six bridesmaids and they were great! They were on time and thorough and even when they were running out of time, they still stayed longer just to make sure everything was perfect. She is friendly and easy to work with. I definitely recommend her for asians who need a great makeup artist. She is worth the money versus the Chinatown makeup artists that are $50pp but make you look like a pale ghost! Totally worth it!

Profile Picture User3749157, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I would recommend Ai to all my friends and family. She is extremely talented, and I felt like my most beautiful self on the day of my wedding. The makeup and hair lasted all day long and I received lots of compliments. Ai is also very friendly and wonderful to talk to. I would love to work with her again.

Profile Picture User3410146, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai and her team did an amazing job. I felt like Ai really listened to what we wanted and was so accommodating. She's really sweet and easy to talk to, which makes the time just fly! I didn't know I could look like that. Very happy!

Profile Picture Julie, 4/13/13, 5 Reviews
4.7

Ai did an amazing job at my wedding! She made me feel beautiful while still giving me a natural look. I don't wear very much makeup on a daily basis so I wanted the makeup on my wedding day to still look like me. Ai did two different looks for makeup and hair during the trial. She was a good listener and spent a lot of time making sure everything was perfect, even during the trial. On my wedding day, her and her assistant were on time, came prepared with the pictures from the trial and exceeded my expectations. I got so many compliments from my friends and family on how nice I looked. I highly recommend Ai for wedding hair and makeup.

Profile Picture User2876760, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai did an excellent job doing my hair and makeup for my wedding day. Prior to the wedding, I had a trial with her and another makeup artist, and it was an easy choice to pick Ai in the end. Ai spent so much time with me during the trial, trying the two different hairstyles (hair down and then hair up) and two makeup looks (more natural and a little more dramatic) that I asked for. She was sweet, patient, and meticulous, taking notes and photos to keep track of each look. After I booked her, communication was easy via email and Ai or her assistant would respond relatively quickly to any questions I had.

On the wedding day, Ai even did a facial massage for me before starting the makeup, and it was very relaxing and helped to calm me down! Everyone complimented me on how I looked, and I felt so comfortable even though I don't normally wear makeup at all. Before the wedding, my husband had worried that I would look very different than how he was used to seeing me, but on the wedding day he said I still looked like myself and looked beautiful. My updo stayed up and in place all day, and I was so happy with it. My bridesmaid, who also doesn't wear makeup ever, ended up being really happy with her look, and she said that it didn't feel like she had a lot of stuff on her face.

Even though Ai's services were a little out of my budget, I decided to splurge, and it was well worth it. I'd recommend Ai to anyone looking for hair and makeup services, and especially to people who are not used to wearing makeup!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/23/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai and her assistant were wonderful to work with. She is really talented and knows what she is doing. I got a package for bride + 2 others and also selected makeup service for my 7 bridesmaids. I woke up late and we were running 15-30 minutes late, but Ai did a great job without compromising the quality of her work. She knows how to create natural and bold looks. All the bridesmaids were happy with her work as well.

Profile Picture Angela, 6/9/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai is professional and knows how to make client so relaxed. On my wedding day, she arrived on time, made me look (and feel) beautiful! I've received a lot of compliment through the day. I would highly recommend Ai for her fantastic job!!! Thank you so much Ai!

Profile Picture User2506124, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was very pleased with the overall quality of service. Ai and her assistant were incredibly flexible with my requests and the make up and hair came out beautifully. Ai is a pleasant person that will put you at ease on the big day!

Profile Picture User472996, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai was great. I was very worried about hair & makeup for my wedding as I have thinning hair but Ai was excellent and did a wonderful job--she was friendly, very talented and meticulous with her skill. I don't really wear a lot of makeup or glam myself up very often but Ai left me feeling beautiful, glamorous and like myself on my wedding day. I was very pleased and am so glad I booked Ai for my special day. And regarding the previous comment about unprofessionalism, I didn't experience any of that--Ai was very professional and friendly during the trial and my wedding day. No regrets from me. I would easily book her again.

Profile Picture Pansy, 4/28/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

She is very easy to work with and very professional. She is really good at recommending what looks good on you...pushing the limits of beauty without making you look like a completely different person. Great artist!

Profile Picture Erica, 4/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai and her team did an exceptional job, starting with my first hair trial through the last minute before the ceremony. She is very talented, creative, and detail-oriented. She never rushed her work - she made sure my hair and the bridesmaids' hair was picture-perfect and our make-up flawless. She took each individuals unique bone structure, skin coloring, and tastes into account to create a look that fit each of us. She was prompt to arrive at our hotel the morning of the wedding and stuck to the schedule we decided on prior to the day. Great value for the work she delivers. Since the wedding, I've started to go to Ai for my regular hair appointments. She is a very talented artist and I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Jill, 2/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Working with Ai was one of the best experiences of my life. She gets booked very early, so please keep that in mind, but she was highly professional, patient, a hard worker and a great problem solver. Her style is by default very natural and light, but she can work with anything. I went to her several times for hair tests and each time she treated it like the first time. She's very meticulous and takes careful notes AND photos for recordkeeping/reference so there are no surprises day of. It's been a delight to know and work with her, and my bridesmaids also said that was the best makeup/hair person they have dealt with, and want to use her for their future events (this is not a lie, I was asked to pass along Ai's contact info to them after my wedding).

Profile Picture joan, 9/3/11, 1 Review
1.4

Upon initially visiting Ai for my trial hair and makeup run for my wedding, I thought that my wedding day experience would be equally satisfactory. However, my opinion immediately changed based on her unprofessionalism, and downright rude attitude on the day of my wedding.
She was extremely uncompromising when making even the most minor adjustments on my hair and makeup on the day of my wedding. The most appalling part of the day was when she called my cell phone three times on the morning of my wedding to question the tip we gave her!! Absolutely unprofessional to say the least and unacceptable. She added to the a tremendous amount of stress to the morning of my wedding and gave me a sick feeling in my stomach as a result of her poor attitude and unpleasant demeanor. I would NOT recommend her as a hair/makeup artist. Her fees are extremely high and do not reflect the quality of her service. For the amount she charges, I would expect flawlessness. This did NOT occur.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Keri, 7/2/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ai was my 4th hair/makeup trial and I was so glad that I found her. When I went for the trial, she did 2 different hair and makeup looks on me. One look was one I wanted and another she played around with. I loved both styles. She spent a while on my trial and I didn't feel rushed. I booked her on the spot.

The day of our wedding, she was on time and her and her assistant finished mine and my bridal party's makeup according to the schedule that we discussed. They are sweet and friendly and do amazing work. My hair maintained its shape throughout the whole day and so did my makeup. She did such a great job that my sister booked her for her wedding as well! I would definitely recommend Ai for anybody that's looking for their hair and makeup done! Thank you Ai for making me look and feel beautiful on our wedding day :)

Profile Picture Evita, 6/17/11, 2 Reviews