Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting Reviews

Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 5
Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 6
Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 7

B · Married on 04/06/2014

Arlene did an amazing job coordinating my wedding last month! The months and weeks leading up to the big day, Arlene was consistently organized, reliable and efficient with all the details. She always maintained a calm and positive attitude which helped me stay at ease as well. My friends and family involved with the wedding also expressed how much they enjoyed their interactions with her. My wedding would not have turned out so wonderful and fun without her help. I recommend Arlene to anyone preparing for their wedding!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Sarah · Married on 02/15/2014

Arlene is great. Whenever we needed advice or recommendation, she was quick to respond with helpful information. Adding to her communication skills, she would always make sure that if there was any questions, that she will be there to help us day or night. At the day-of, she was very detailed on how our wedding was going to be and we knew we were in good hands with her. We cannot express how much help she has done for us, and we are so happy that she was there to help us celebrate our dream wedding.

Sent on 03/16/2014

To say that Arlene from Ah New Beginnings went the "extra mile" would be an understatement. Arlene went the extra 2,438 miles (to be exact) to flawlessly coordinate our wedding held in Washington, DC on December 7th, 2013!

After stellar referrals from close family and friends, my groom and I reached out to Arlene in late spring and we were thrilled when she agreed to coordinate our east coast wedding. She was so organized, detailed, and a fun professional to work with from day 1. We had our first "google hangout" video chat with her in May and she immediately put us at ease and made the whole planning process fun and enjoyable. We had another video chat to help us prep for our rough draft timeline which she created and sent to everyone involved (bridal party, volunteers, vendors, etc.) one month in advance, leaving plenty of time for changes, clarifications, edits. It helped us envision the entire day!

My groom and I were particularly impressed with Arlene's phenomenal communication skills. She kept every person (vendor or wedding party member) in the loop after sending the final timeline the week before our big day. She even followed up with personal calls/texts to ensure everyone was on the same page. She truly went above and beyond. She made sure to visit our reception venue before our rehearsal to get a better feel for how the reception would flow. Our guests raved about how everything was so organized especially with regard to shuttling guests around DC (not an easy city to navigate).

Throughout our big day, Arlene reminded us to have fun and she truly took care of the rest. We would highly recommend "Ah New Beginnings" to any couple (especially those having destination weddings)! Her expertise and experience will leave you calm and having the best time of your lives on your special day. That is a priceless gift that no one else could give!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Heather · Married on 10/19/2013

Arlene is fantastic to work with. Her attention to detail and her calmness over what can be a very stressful wedding planning process have helped my husband and I arrive at a memorable, fun, and enjoyable wedding. I honestly don't know how she remembers so many details but she does it with such grace and ease. Arlene Marcos has my highest recommendation for a wedding planner!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Arlene was fantastic! Everyone was amazed at how detailed everything was leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day, and the proof was in how smooth everything went the day of the wedding.

My husband initially suggested hiring a month-of wedding coordinator as we would both have a lot of out-of-town guests, and we wanted to be relaxed and enjoy spending time with them - not running around doing last minute details and dealing with calls from vendors. I don't know if you can fully relax before your wedding, but we definitely were not dealing with details of the wedding and knew those details were in Arlene's capable hands.

Having such a detailed itinerary sent out a month before really enabled my parents, his family and our other out-of-town bridal party members feel more in touch with what was happening, with what to expect, and have someone to go to for any questions. This didn't happen overnight - she really took the time to get to know what we wanted for our wedding, ask questions and provide suggestions from vendors, to look and feel, to overall preferences. All of this helped her build out all of the necessary details for the very thorough itinerary.

I manage events and major projects for work, and therefore can be very specific with what I want and how I want everything to look. Knowing she had our best interest in mind and really knew what we wanted, allowed us (me) to be hands off leading up to the wedding and still have the wedding of our dreams. The day was amazing!

I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 12/10/2013

Maya · Married on 08/24/2013

Arlene from Ah, New Beginnings is amazing! We got in touch with her about 9 months before our wedding because we were planning it from afar and thought we could use someone to help coordinate. From the first phone conversation, she showed incredible professionalism and organization. She immediately locked into what we were envisioning and helped make it a reality. In those months leading up to the wedding we exchanged emails and met in person to lock down the details on one of my trips to the Bay Area. A month before the wedding, she sent us and everyone involved in the wedding (other vendors, family members, and friends who had volunteered for various tasks) a rough timeline. We made some minor changes and a week before the wedding, everyone had a detailed timeline and knew exactly when/where we needed them. It was amazing how smoothly every thing went! At our wedding a few weeks ago, my husband and I did not worry about a single detail because we were in Arlene's and Kalisha's (her assistant) hands. We held the reception at my parents' house and having Ah, New Beginnings coordinate allowed allowed our families to enjoy the wedding and not worry about anything at all. The wedding was perfect, thanks to them.

If you are considering having a wedding coordinator, you should not hesitate for one moment and work with Arlene. i cannot recommend Ah, New Beginnings highly enough!!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Eula · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband was a bit reluctant when I initially proposed enlisting the services of a wedding planner.

We had decided on a destination wedding in the Caribbean on the beautiful island (and my husband's homeland) of Tobago. I am so grateful we used Arlene's services! She was nothing short of amazing in helping to coordinate all the details of the wedding with almost 200 guests. This was particularly complex since, as one could imagine, there were many moving parts including different time zones and needing to assist with accommodations for our guests.

The wedding turned out beautiful and Arlene played a large part in ensuring all of the details of the wedding executed smoothly. Our day of planner was unable to attend in person and we had to have the assistance of a friend/guest fulfill this role. Thank goodness we had Arlene's detailed timeline with the schedule of events. She meticulously covered every single detail making it easy for anyone to follow!

I highly recommend Arlene for those grooms who want to minimize the stress of their brides!

Brides, you will not regret investing in Arlene for her organizational skills, attention to detail and personable approach. She is excellent with follow through allowing you to stay engaged (no pun intended) while mitigating the stress.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Editha · Married on 04/28/2013

The best wedding I've been to and it was mine! Thank you so very much Ahnewbeginnings / Arlene!
    It was a perfect wedding, couldn't believe how so smooth the wedding went. Flowers, decorations, food, ceremony, DJ, decorations........All perfect! I have and will continue to recommend your services.
    Arlene, you are truly a professional, you have redefined the word "Wedding Coordinator"

From Edith and, I thank you!

P.S. your assistant did a great job

Sent on 05/01/2013

We loved Arlene! We knew from the beginning that we wanted to hire a month-of wedding coordinator. We decided to go with Arlene because she just fit with our vision of our wedding. We were impressed with how comfortable she made us feel and that she really tried to get to know us during our initial consultation. She is like an aunt!

She helped craft an extremely detailed and put-together timeline that really helped us visualize the big day, so much so that my mom actually cried when she read it!

During the actual wedding, we didn't have to worry about anything because Arlene was a step ahead. My mother-in-law loves to say that Arlene has a gentle, non-intrusive manner and great attention to detail that really helped make our wedding special. Having Arlene allowed all of us to really just have fun and enjoy the day.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2012

You don't know what goes into a wedding until you go through one yourself, because that one special day, involves months and sometimes years of planning!

Enter Arlene and "Ah...New Beginnings"!! We are so grateful to of had the services of Arlene. With her attention to detail, great organization, adaptability and ability to effectively communicate, we were able to make the most of our special day. Most importantly, we were able to take everything in and just ENJOY! We've heard of horror stories where the bride and groom were bombarded with questions/tasks from their vendors, wedding party, venue, hotel, limo, photographer, etc. etc., to the point where the bride and groom's special day turns into a day of stress, frustration and work.

This was not the case with Arlene. From the moment she presented her wedding coordinator packages, we already knew the high quality of work and professionalism we would receive. Her timeline for our wedding was so detailed, that everyone in our wedding party knew exactly what to do, and kept a copy of it in their back pocket for reference! She works hard and loves what she does, and it shows in her service.

We love what Arlene has done for us and recommend her services to anyone that wants to make the most of their special day!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Shannon · Married on 07/07/2012

Arlene is fantastic! We did not initially plan to go with a wedding planner, but realized that it would put a major damper on our wedding to have to facilitate it ourselves on the day of. Enter Arlene/"Ah New Beginning." That was the best decision we could have made. We hired her to help us coordinate on the day-of the wedding, and she went miles above and beyond our expectations.

Arlene is extremely organized and thoughtful. Her attention to detail is unmatched by anyone we have ever met...combined. She was extremely responsive, in terms of communication. We never had to wait more than a day for a response from her; most often she responded within minutes or hours. She is very pleasant to work with because she is very warm, kind, and flexible. She was able to work with the many people involved in the wedding -- parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen, vendors -- and could give them an extra push when needed without seeming pushy. Arlene tirelessly worked to ensure that the day flowed smoothly, and it did!

Before the wedding she sent emails with dozens of questions that we had not anticipated. She made sure to get multiple forms of contact info for each person involved in the wedding so that communication could flow smoothly. SHe put together an agenda for the day-of that left no room for miscommunication or misunderstanding. On the day-of she arrived early, coordinated with all the vendors, and from the time she got there to the time she left at the end of the night, she kept a watchful eye to make sure that every detail was executed flawlessly.

Even after, the wedding, when we discovered that we had not saved a copy of our program for our own scrapbook, it turns out that Arlene had saved an extra, just-in-case.

Our wedding was amazing, and we have nothing but great memories of our special day. Arlene was largely instrumental in the success of the day. We highly recommend her services!!!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Stephen · Married on 07/23/2011

"Arlene has a service that creates an enjoyable time for many. Coming into the first consultation, there were candles making the room glow with a presence of peace and tranquility. It really helped us feel at ease, since we were so nervous and didn’t know what we really wanted for our theme of the wedding. She sat us down and told us some ideas of what we really need for our wedding. She would go over our budget and helped us to see the breakdown of costs of everything we needed and extras of what we wanted. From this moment on, we knew that we would have an amazing wedding and didn’t need to worry with Arlene as our wedding planner.
    The most memorable part of our wedding was how the wedding day ran so smoothly. We had no worries of what to expect or if something would go wrong, but had great confidence in Arlene that our wedding would be a beautiful and very memorable one. From the time my wife walked down the aisle, to the time we left with bubbles flying around us, we will never forget our wonderful wedding."

Sent on 09/12/2011

Melodie · Married on 10/30/2010

We are very grateful for your expert orchestration of our wedding day. We consider ourselves blessed to have had the privilege of working with someone who translated our vision with such style, grace and professionalism. EVERY detail exceeded our expectations. We sincerely thank you for making our wedding day dream come true! Thank you for your encouragement, patience and support through the entire process. Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding, we could not have had such a great time without your help. You are the best! We can't thank you enough.

Sent on 12/10/2010

Cheryl · Married on 10/29/2010

"Arlene is an extraordinary and dedicated event planner. We had the opportunity to work with a creative and professional planner who helped us through from start to finish. We saw first hand her passion for not only creating great events, but also making it a successful one. We had trouble down to the last minute on our seating arrangement and we were impressed on how well she handled it. Arlene is highly attentive to her clients, easy to be around, and fun to work with. We’d not only love to work with Arlene in the future, but we’d also be glad to recommend her to anyone looking for an event planner."

Sent on 09/19/2011

Valerie · Married on 10/16/2010

Planning a wedding is not an easy thing to do and can be stressful yet fun at the same time. When it had finally become our time to tie the knot, I made sure that whatever our budget ended up to be, a wedding coordinator would be included no matter what. I wanted to make sure that we would be stress free on the wedding day. And honestly, it was truly worth it. I looked online for wedding event planners and stumbled upon "Ah...New Beginnings." I set up an appointment and my husband Manuel and I met with Arlene. We loved her from the start! Arlene was very sweet and really knew what she was talking about. What we loved is that we felt so comfortable with her and that she emphasized how the wedding is a celebration of our love for eachother. Arlene took wedding planning to a more personal level and not just "all about the numbers."

I'm the type who has a hard time letting others take control and I believe Arlene was able to sense that too. Hehe. She helped us pick the right package for her and kept in mind our budget. Arlene was a wonderful resource during the planning and was very helpful and prompt when I had questions. As our wedding got closer, Arlene was in constant contact making sure everything was going smoothly and checking to see if we needed anything. She produced the most detailed timeline I have ever seen! I know for sure that I wouldn't have been able to do that on my own. Arlene also communicated very well with all of our vendors and kept them informed with our timeline. She even kept our families on schedule....and that's a miracle for us!

The day of our wedding was absolutely....FABULOUS, MAGICAL, ROMANTIC and FUN! It seriously was. Arlene and her team were there on time and had everything running like clock-work. I was not worried or stressed whatsoever. I had even forgot to make a snack pack for our town car after the ceremony and Arlene was sweet enough to make us a little bag of healthy goodies to munch on. We definitely appreciated that! Manuel and I enjoyed our day so much. It really was everything we hoped it would be and more. Our families and friends had also mentioned to us how the wedding went well and was put nicely together. My mom was so happy that she didn't have to worry about a thing on the big day.

We highly recommend Arlene to anyone who is planning a wedding. It's such an important day and having the kind of support and expertise that Arlene has can make it even that more special. She's extremely organized, listens to your concerns, knows what she's doing, is on time and sooo sweet. Hiring a coordinator is defintely worth it....especially if it's Arlene.

From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU SO MUCH Arlene! We appreciate all of the hard work and time that you put into our wedding. It was unbelievable and truly a celebration of our love (12 years worth! hehe). Thank you thank you!

Sent on 11/11/2010

Angelin · Married on 09/18/2010

Our wedding was just last weekend and I'm still on cloud 9. Everything exceeded our expectations, thanks to the help of Arlene and her assistant. Right from the start, I noticed that Arlene was highly organized, detailed, experienced and pleasant to work with. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made. Our wedding day was completely stress free. She took care of all of the details and logistics at the church and reception venue, including the setup and decorations and dealing with the vendors and banquet managers. Arlene truly helped us focus on enjoying every minute of our wedding day--which we completely did! I highly recommend Ah...New Beginnings!

Sent on 09/27/2010

Angelica · Married on 09/12/2009

Planning a wedding could be very stressful... but when you have a well organized wedding planer, she will take the weight off your shoulders.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Julie · Married on 07/19/2008

To all brides,

The word I would use to describe my wedding is “perfect”. Every single, minute detail was spot on, and Arlene played a big part in that. She met with me and my husband several times before the wedding and devised an incredibly detailed timeline. She contacted all of my other vendors and made sure that everyone knew when and where they were supposed to be. She also reminded me of tasks that I would have never thought of. For instance, she ensured that we appointed someone to take gifts to the car at the end of the night, a small detail, but one and many others that made my day worry-free. Arlene and her assistant were present from the time the first vendor arrived to the end of the wedding and made certain everything ran smoothly. Honestly, I did not once have a worrisome thought or concern the entire day. Arlene gave me every confidence that the day would be perfect and in fact it was. Our wedding was not only incredibly enjoyable for us, but also for our families who could participate in the entire day without distractions. Overall, I would recommend Arlene to anyone and everyone who is planning a wedding. She is professional, organized, and experienced.

Sent on 08/28/2008

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2008

When coordinating our wedding, Arlene did an exceptional job! I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. From the very beginning, she made me feel at ease with all the planning that was ahead. With six and a half months to plan, Arlene helped me stay on top of the planning with regular e-mails and phone calls to follow-up. She helped me stay sane all thoughout my engagement and planning process! The day of the wedding ran smoothly because of the incredible timeline that she spent countless hours working on. Her calm and loving spirit was with me up to the moment before I walked down that aisle. Looking back at my wedding day, I can't imagine how I could've done it without Arlene! I would highly recommend her for any bride!

Sent on 07/11/2008

Vanessa · Married on 07/10/2004

Absolutely wonderful service, Arlene is a perfectionist down to every detail, and every MINUTE of the wedding. Our event was flawless because of her! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 06/26/2008

verna liza · Married on 06/11/1994

Thanks to Arlene, our wedding day was worry free. She made us feel relaxed enough to be able to enjoy the day and afforded us time to spend the day with our family and friends. She orchestrated our wedding like a seasoned pro and her attention to detail enchanced the experience for our guests making it a memorable event for all. Arlene lends an easy going presence and her expertise is invaluable to any event.

Sent on 06/26/2008

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2011

There is so much to consider as a bride, and where to spend your money is definitely at the top of the list. Enlisting Arlene's services was easily the best check I have written on behalf of our wedding.

When we started planning our wedding a year ago, I wouldn't have thought of myself as the type of person who would need a coordinator. I'm pretty organized, pretty low maintenance, and I don't mind applying a little DIY effort to a big event. But seeing as how I was planning a wedding in San Francisco from our home in Washington DC, having an expert on the ground seemed the best way to go. We couldn't have been more right!

Even if we weren't so far away, it turns out that being "low maintenance" also meant I had NO idea what I was really looking for in an officiant, a florist, a photographer, a cake baker, or even a venue! Arlene helped us sort through the myriad of professionals in the area, making recommendations whenever we needed them. We even asked her whether the contracts sent our way looked standard, or if the prices we were being quoted seemed within reason, and she was happy to oblige.

It so happens that even AFTER having selected your venue and vendors, your menu, your colors, and your entertainment, there's still more planning to be done! Who knew? Arlene helped fill in the details of our wedding weekend (rehearsal to after-party), walking us through each step of the event. Her incredible attention to detail really helped us envision our wedding before launching into it. Because the truth of the matter is, you don't really get a dry run. No matter how much you plan in advance, you don't see your wedding come together until it's happening, and Arlene was there to ensure that everything ran smoothly. Hiccups were really only hiccups, the trains ran on time for both rehearsal day and the day of the wedding. Arlene effortlessly coordinated our guests returning in waves on our shuttle bus, made sure our taco truck was parked in the right place for midnight snack offerings, re-routed our lion dancers so that their opening performance would occur inside sheltered from the cold and wind... the list goes on.

How do you know you had an excellent coordinator? The bride and groom didn't see anything but a seamless night. If there was ever a problem, we never knew about it. The whole wedding was fantastic, and a THOUSAND times less stressful than if we had chosen to go it alone.

Thank you, Arlene, for your immaculate professionalism, cool head, patience, and most of all, your support of our big day. Our wedding was an unforgettable occasion, in all the best ways.

Jennifer and Roy

Sent on 09/01/2011

Max · Married on 08/06/2017

3.0

Arlene was fantastic! We didn't even know where to start once we picked our venue, and Arlene allowed us to live our lives like normal people, because we could trust her to make sure we had figured out the important details! It all wouldn't have come together without her!

The only reason the "Value" section is 3 stars instead of 5 is because we did not pay for her services. The bill was covered by the Father of the Bride, and it was not disclosed to us, so we have no frame of reference when it comes to the value. We also have no frame of reference for what a wedding planner usually costs, so even if we saw the bill it would be hard to comment. It could be excellent value or terrible value and we'd have no way of knowing which, but everything we did know about: Quality, Responsiveness, Professionalism, and Flexibility, were TOP NOTCH! I wish the website would let us select "not applicable" for the value rating. Get pricing from Arlene and make up your own mind about the value, and know that this is really a 5 star review of her services.

Thanks again Arlene! -Jessica & Max

Sent on 10/19/2017

Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to give me a review Max and Jessica. :>) I also appreciate you explaining the reason behind the 3 out of 'value' review.

As long as you were happy, that is what matters to me. Jessica's father was very kind to hire me so the both of you could enjoy your wedding day a little more and not worry about the details.

Thank you again! It was my pleasure to be your coordinator.