Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting Reviews

46 Reviews for Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

46 Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting Reviews

Stephen · Married on 07/28/2018

Arlene Marcos planned our wedding and greatly exceeded even our heightened expectations. It seemed flawless, everything was planned and executed on brilliantly. People in our wedding party said they had never seen such a detailed timeline, leaving nothing to chance, and tight organization. She managed all aspects of the wedding. Vendors, venue and contacting all wedding party members to make sure everyone was prepared. Given our busy lives and travel schedules, she constantly looked for new ways to help us for the wedding. On the wedding day, she had everything meticulously planned, even providing water and snacks for the wedding party during the day between photo shoots. I would certainly recommend her as a wedding planner, Arlene is the best !

Sophia · Married on 07/07/2018

Arlene was absolutely fabulous as our wedding coordinator! She was extremely organized and made us feel as ease throughout the process of planning our wedding. She helped us stay on top of deadlines to make sure everything would run smoothly, and helped us think of many details that otherwise likely would have been forgotten. We felt so relaxed on our wedding day knowing that we were in the best hands and that everything was being taken care of. Arlene struck a perfect balance of calm energy and efficient productivity, and she helped make our day so special! Thank you!

Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 1
    Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 2
    Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 3
    Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 4
    Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 5

Karen · Married on 06/16/2018

Look no further!! Arlene and her team with Ah New Beginnings, was the best decision we made for our wedding.

Arlene is all about organization, communication, and attention to details. She is accommodating, attentive/timely (quick with responding), and overall - VERY on top of it! It is obvious that Arlene has many years of experience and really is passionate in what she does. Arlene is great and so were her assistants. Shout out to Ana Rita for all her help keeping everything run smoothly on day of & for being soo sweet (: Thank You!

During the whole planning process, we were mighty impressed with how ahead of the game Arlene was. Arlene sent us with friendly reminders to ensure everything was taken care of. She was many steps ahead, not to the point where it was stressful, but just enough to keep us on track with making sure things got done.

The timeline drafting was extremely helpful, even so were the checklists and spreadsheets. Arlene guided us through everything, it was all straight forward & made things organized, thus less stressful.

The spreadsheets were PERFECT tools to help plan our wedding. All details for our big day, everything you can imagine all in one place (spreadsheets). These were constructed over time by gathering info little by little.

It amazes us how on top of it all Arlene was, from the planning & on our wedding day!

We had nothing to worry about on the day of. We were comfortable because we built tremendous trust in Arlene and on the day of, we just let her handle all of the details. Arlene and her team took charge, it worked out so beautifully.

Again, we plead you to stop your wedding planner/coordinator search now & let Ah New Beginnings take care of your worries. It’s true, as the motto says “you dream it, we plan it” you WILL enjoy it.

Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 6
    Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 7
    Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting 8

ken · Married on 02/24/2018

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator! I liked her and felt completely comfortable with her being our wedding coordinator right after our initial meeting/consultation. She knew exactly what she was doing, had a calm/gentle demeanor, was completely on top of everything, was a pleasure to work with, gave us tons of advice as the wedding planning moved along, and we even became friends in the process. I wholeheartedly recommend her to everyone!

Kendra · Married on 10/01/2017

I have worked with Arlene before as her Assistant, but I had not seen the full extent of her work until I got married myself this fall. I'd heard that she was an attentive, incredibly detailed, and thoughtful Consultant, of course. These things are true, but she is also a great partner and advocate for each couple, as well. Arlene patiently checked in with us as we planned the many, many details of our event to keep us on track, and she even stepped on items that we simple did not know how to handle. Her professionalism and compassion got us through some sticky situations as the day drew closer, and she ensured that everyone had a fantastic experience, including our guests, wedding party, and our vendors. I can't tell you enough how important and meaningful it was to us to work with Arlene (in fact, securing her services was the first thing we did, once we'd nailed down the venue and date), and I couldn't imagine our wedding without her!

Melissa · Married on 06/29/2017

Where do I even begin? Basically at the end of my wedding I wanted to marry Arlene because she was so amazing! I hired Arlene for day of coordinator. Words seriously cannot express my thankfulness that I have for Arlene. She is EXTREMELY detail oriented, patient, kind, listens to you and the list goes on. She caught things that I overlooked; she calmed me down when I was frazzled. She has this gracious, humble demeanor that I have only ever seen very few people have in my lifetime. She gets things done without screaming at people and being rude. Her 3 assistants that came with her were absolutely amazing as well. Her assistant Alex was by my side the entire day making sure that everything was running smooth in hotel room and making sure I was comfortable. My wedding would have seriously been complete chaos without her and I am forever grateful she was put in my path to bring my Pinterest board wedding to life! She put together the most detailed timeline in history that even my family was amazed by and still talks about now. She created a step by step, hour by hour timeline for us, coordinated my rehearsal, did a venue tour, spent countless times/hours responding to my emails and texts, and calmed my nerves when they were high. She is so efficient and punctual, always early to everything. Arlene will NOT let you down and I can promise you this, guarantee this and if you are even slightly thinking of hiring a wedding planner or day of coordinator please do yourself a favor and hire Arlene and thank me later! Arlene only had 1.5 hours to set up everything and all my DIY tables and she executed flawlessly! You have already spent the money to have a wedding, so do yourself a favor and spend just a bit more to guarantee that your special day that you have spent so much time and money on will go flawlessly. It's worth every penny, TRUST ME! I love you Arlene and I'm sorry for all my crazy requests and high expectations, I cannot thank you enough for saving our day!

Ricky · Married on 06/10/2017

Arlene made our wedding run smoothly and gave us the greatest gift of all, being able to enjoy our wedding day. She made everything ran according to the plan, kept us organized, and made our wedding experience amazing. We definitely recommend her.

Anne · Married on 05/27/2017

As expected, Arlene and her team's hard work was very well executed from the day of our wedding rehearsal up to our wedding reception the following day. Within the last month of our wedding preps, when things started to get hectic, I had few requests/changes that I brought up to Arlene and she carefully listened and considered all of them even though it was different than her usual procedure and her years of experience in the wedding industry. She laid out pros and cons of my requests (one of the reasons why I love her!) and in the end, after I made my choices/decisions, she made sure to accommodate all of them. I understand that most couples have different preferences/ideas for your big day and it is truly helpful that Arlene is always upfront in making sure that you are aware and realize possible effects/outcome of those ideas.
    Finally, on our wedding day, Arlene and her team over-delivered on everything. If the groom, myself or anyone in the wedding party had a request, they were always quick enough to respond and complete the task. I naturally tend to worry about the littlest thing which was one of the biggest reasons why I hired a wedding coordinator but having them behind the scenes, surely made me enjoy every single moment of it. It's true what they say that the day goes by soo fast, BUT, because of Arlene and her team, I was able to really BE present with my family and loved ones and remember every detail to this day and be able to relive those once in a lifetime memories over and over again.
    To solidify these raves, after the wedding, a few family members commented on how hardworking Arlene was and her team. This includes my father-in-law, who has I think has very high standards when it comes to service ratings.
    The hubby's note" "Arlene is a seasoned professional and handled herself and her team as such. In planning the most important day of our lives, we really benefited from her calm demeanor, wealth of knowledge and attention to detail."

Marilyn · Married on 01/12/2017

Arlene was such a tremendous help in the months leading up to our destination wedding!

Her organizational skills and attention to detail is what ultimately prepared us for our big day. She was thorough and concise specifically with our timeline, a clear indication of her many years of experience as a wedding consultant. She thought of every detail imaginable that would ensure our wedding day was seamless.

She was great with communication on all levels. Not only did she provide insightful advice and suggestions throughout our wedding planning process but she also served as our voice in communicating all of the details to every individual involved in our wedding. Our destination wedding included an extensive list of vendors and Arlene ensured that everyone was aware of the timeline for all of our wedding events.

Arlene played an important role in contributing to the success of our big day and for that we are forever grateful!

Jacki · Married on 10/22/2016

Arlene is an amazing wedding coordinator. She and her team did such a great job at our wedding.

We were introduced to Arlene through a common friend. We heard wonderful things about her. After our first meeting, our first impression was that she was very easy to talk to. She gave us great tips on how to go about our marriage planning. She was also very helpful in providing us vendors that we can chose from.

As the time came closer, she was very much involved and was very organized. She helped make sure that the vision we had come through. There was a smooth flow of events during our rehearsal dinner and on our wedding day. She has an excellent staff who were there and ready to make sure that the timeline was met. Much to our surprise, our wedding was beautiful and a success. We received so many positive compliments from family and friends. Overall, we have nothing but good things to say about Arlene and her team. We had a wonderful experience working with her.

Joel · Married on 10/08/2016

Arlene totally exceeded our expectations as our day of coordinator. Her organization, professionalism, and attention to detail made her the ideal choice for our special day. We met with several other wedding coordinators, but on the day of our initial consultation, my wife and I knew that Arlene was a perfect fit.

During the months leading up to the wedding, she periodically checked in with us to make sure that our vendors were in place, and that everything was running smoothly. When we had questions, she was only a text, call, or email away, and she was always very quick to respond to all of our inquiries. It was during this time that we worked with her to develop a master timeline that handled all of the details. She worked closely with not only the vendors, but with all the friends and family that played an important role. Arlene made sure that everyone knew his or her responsibilities during the event, and contacted everyone to ensure they were in the right place at the scheduled time.

With over a decade of wedding coordination experience, I’m sure there are very few, if any, hurdles she hasn’t run across. When the big day finally arrived, she worked efficiently behind the scenes with her two assistants. Ultimately, my wife and I had and amazing time, and the event flowed without any major roadblocks.

Arlene is truly passionate about what she does, and it is apparent in her work. She is an absolute sweetheart with a solid work ethic. My wife and I are so glad to have found her, and would wholeheartedly recommend her to any couple. Our only regret is that we didn’t hire her for full coordination. This likely would have kept our stress levels low during the planning stage, and helped us stay within budget.

Heng · Married on 10/01/2016

I would give Arlene my most enthusiastic recommendation. She did an incredible job with our Oct 1 wedding. She did multiple things well. First, she is very nice, responsive, helpful, resourceful, and just a pleasure to work with.

She was extremely organized. From day 1 she helped us think about the timeline of our wedding. This escalated in detail as we approached the wedding till we essentially had an almost minute by minute play-by-play outline printed for us (11 pages long) for the two days surrounding the wedding. She obtained contact info for all the important people and made sure everyone who had a part to play in the wedding, including relevant vendors, had a copy. While it was painstaking to make this happen, it paid dividends the day of the wedding, as within the limits of real life, everything went off smoothly. vendors, band knew where to be, etc. Superb

Arlene was very resourceful. Great suggestions for our band and for ideas for how to make the wedding look. She went above and beyond, and even though we hired her mainly as a day-of-wedding planner, she ended up being much more than that.

She was always, prompt, a pleasure to work with, and she just seemed like she really wanted to help us. When we had some mishaps with vendors/venue on the day of, she pitched in and started helping set up the tables for our guests. She minimized our work and worry on the wedding day so that we could enjoy it. She was enthusiastic and pleasant, and we would hang out with her.

What more can I say?

Monique · Married on 08/06/2016

My husband, Daniel, and I would highly recommend Arlene. She is super organized, professional, and responsive. We originally hired a different wedding coordinator but when we hired Arlene she went above and beyond our expectations. Arlene met with us several times to develop a detailed timeline and made sure to follow up with all our vendors and people involved in the wedding. On the day of the wedding we could truly relax because we knew that she had all the details handled. This made our wedding more enjoyable and fun for us! We highly recommend Arlene!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Ah...New Beginnings Professional Wedding Consulting's reply:

Thank you Monique and Daniel. It was my pleasure to coordinate your wedding. You two are both wonderful to work with.

I would highly recommend Arlene as a wedding planner. She is extremely professional, responsive, and resourceful. My husband and I recently got married in San Francisco. We had a short engagement and busy work schedules and Arlene was really helpful to create a meticulous schedule for us, and followed up with us to make sure that everything was in place for our wedding day. She helped find us an alternate florist, (Yvette, at Plainly Floral in Redwood City. Highly recommended, Yvette's amazing!) when our initial florist fell through less than 2 months to the wedding! Arlene was incredible the day of the wedding and helped make our wedding so wonderful. Also, Arlene is just a really sweet and genuine lady! Having had a couple stressful interactions with vendors that fell through, it really makes all the difference to have someone you can count on. Thanks for much Arlene!

kristina · Married on 04/08/2016

Kristina and I really wanted to thank you from the bottom of hearts. We had such a great time on Friday and everything went off without a hitch! Thank you for spending time on the timeline, making sure everything was set and also setting everything up on the day of. We appreciate everything you have done for us and we can't thank you enough! Every detail was just beautiful! I can't believe how unbelievably fast time flew on Friday. One thing that I took away from what you said to me and kept reminding me of was "enjoy this moment and take it all in." Every time I felt overwhelmed, I reminded myself of what you said, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and took in each moment.

THANK YOU for being there for us! We absolutely could not have done this without you!

Daniel · Married on 10/17/2015

Arlene was a fantastic wedding planner, and in all likelihood we would have been lost without her. Her assistance leading up to the wedding and in particular her day of coordination were top notch. Both my parents and my new in-laws felt that having her there really allowed the wedding to flow and they (as well as my wife and I) could just enjoy the wedding. Leading up to the event she made sure all relevant people were informed of all details and was on top of all outstanding items that needed to be taken care of. I have no idea how we would have planned all of the details without her. I would definitely recommend Arlene to anyone who's thinking of a wedding coordinator.

Arlene gave us recommendations for many

Lindsay · Married on 09/05/2015

This is really lengthy so if you don't have time to read, just know that I definitely recommend!!

I'm so thankful we booked Arlene for our September 5th wedding. With my fiance and I both in new jobs, taking off any extra time wasn't really an option. On top of her many years of experience, Arlene is also Mentor Program Director for the Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants. If her services don't meet your budget, she's happy to recommend another coordinator that she mentors. However, after our first meeting with her, I knew she had to be our coordinator. I knew our wedding would be in good hands with Arlene.

She's very professional and detail oriented. Not only did she work out our timeline, she made sure that every person that is part of the wedding, every bridesmaid, groomsman, vendor, what have you, was aware and understood what their role is, what needs to be done, and when. I couldn't imagine having to coordinate with everyone on my own! I know a lot of venues come with day-of coordination, ours did as well, but it's nothing compared to what Arlene did for us.

She was there for every random question from start to finish. She acted quickly when I broke my ankle on the day of the wedding, and went above and beyond for us on the day of. Despite the setbacks, we were still able to have an amazing wedding day with Arlene's help.

Celeste · Married on 06/20/2015

I would HIGHLY recommend Arlene to any bride no matter what size the wedding. From the very first complimentary meeting I knew I had to work with her. Even before hiring her she gave so much valuable information and tips for wedding planning and keeping things organized. I hired Arlene for the month before and day of service. I can't tell you how happy I was for doing that. Things tend to get more stressful right before the wedding and Arlene was so on top of contacting vendors I really was not worried at all. She creates a very extensive timeline for the day of your wedding, which was fine by me since I knew she would make sure everything went exactly as we had planned, which it did! Like I said Arlene is ultra organized but not in a crazy in-your-face way like some might expect from a wedding coordinator. She has a way of managing people and weddings almost in a behind the scenes sort of way. Arlene is also awesome at communication. The weeks before the wedding I don't know how many times I texted or emailed her asking her silly questions about table settings or other details, and she always responded in a timely manner and had an answer. I could go on and on about how marvelous she is and how thankful I was for hiring her, stop searching now, you will not be disappointed!

Jean · Married on 05/09/2015

I would highly recommend Arlene for any bride/couple in need of wedding coordinating!! Arlene was one of the first vendors we booked for our wedding - after doing research on this yelp and hearing all the rave reviews, I was confident in her services. And after our first meeting it was a done deal! She is super duper organized and detail oriented - traits very much needed in planning/coordinating a wedding! Also, booking other vendors was made easy from her list of recommended referrals. I can't imagine having done our wedding without Arlene... She has a very patient and calm demeanor and very personable and really genuinely wants things to go nice and smoothly for the bride and groom which we really appreciated! On the day of it was nice to have peace of mind knowing there was someone behind the scenes making sure things were going on time and according to plan, etc. That took a real stress load off of us which was great. I am so thankful for everything she did for us on our special day!!! It was so wonderful and we are so happy with how everything turned out. I'm not a review posting kind of person but I just had to sign on for my first review just to share what a wonderful person Arlene is... Thank you Arlene!

Chris and Eve · Married on 10/11/2014

We were able to experience Arlene's style in person when we attended a friend's wedding. When it came time to choose a wedding coordinator to help with our celebration, Arlene's name was top of mind. Throughout the planning and celebrating, Arlene's attention to detail stood out. Leading up to the big day, Arlene was pleasant to work with, while still keeping us on track for a successful event. We highly recommend her services.

We got married 10.18.14 at the SF Zoo and hiring Arlene was the best move we could have made. I had 90% of the wedding planned on my own, but was missing lots of the tiny details. What we needed was someone to take care of the timing of the wedding, vendor management, and offer expertise on day of coordination. She promised me that we would have no worries on our wedding day and that it was our job to enjoy our big day. I was so impressed with how she delivered that promise. I didn't need to worry about unexpected guests, where they were going to sit, what time speeches started or when to cut the cake. She made our wedding seamless and it exceeded my expectations. Thank you Arlene for making our day perfect and memorable.

Camille · Married on 08/02/2014

Arlene was so great! So great at communicating amongst all the vendors and myself, as well as taking care of all the little details on the day of the wedding (as well as everything leading up to it). It was so great to have someone to turn to whenever I had a question or concern. She even took care of problems that I had no idea were happening!

For example, my reception was on a HUGE yacht, and one of the guests got very sick. She was able to make sure the boat docked and paramedics could attend to him without most of my guests even knowing there was an issue. On top of that, she even made sure it didn't cause any delays with the other night's events! Thank goodness for her, or I might have turned into a bridezilla!

Arlene was an absolute pleasure to work with! She is very patient and understanding and detail-oriented to boot! She helped me in short notice get my thoughts together and execute on a wedding reception in 4 months time. She asked all the right questions to make sure I was thinking about the right details and scheduled the day down to the minute so that everything would run smoothly - and it did. Was a wonderful experience working with her and my party was great, thanks to her support.

B · Married on 04/06/2014

Arlene did an amazing job coordinating my wedding last month! The months and weeks leading up to the big day, Arlene was consistently organized, reliable and efficient with all the details. She always maintained a calm and positive attitude which helped me stay at ease as well. My friends and family involved with the wedding also expressed how much they enjoyed their interactions with her. My wedding would not have turned out so wonderful and fun without her help. I recommend Arlene to anyone preparing for their wedding!

Sarah · Married on 02/15/2014

Arlene is great. Whenever we needed advice or recommendation, she was quick to respond with helpful information. Adding to her communication skills, she would always make sure that if there was any questions, that she will be there to help us day or night. At the day-of, she was very detailed on how our wedding was going to be and we knew we were in good hands with her. We cannot express how much help she has done for us, and we are so happy that she was there to help us celebrate our dream wedding.