Aggie's Bakery and Cake Shop Reviews

200 | Milwaukee, WI

200 Reviews for Aggie's Bakery and Cake Shop

Julie · Married on 11/12/2011

Aggies bakery did our wedding cake for our November wedding. We actually had two cakes, a travel themed cake to match the travel theme in our wedding and a beautiful traditional cake. I would recommend them to anyone for their wedding. There personal touch is great, someone sat down with us and sketched out our cakes and offered suggestions. I gave her free reign to go off of a picture for the travel themed cake and it turned out beautifully from the suitcases on top to the fondant cities we had been to. And the traditional cake was wonderful. She made beautiful fondant flowers that cascaded down the cake. We had a chocolate cake with raspberry filling that was delicious and a marble cake for the travel themed one. Everyone loved them and as a bonus they were reasonably priced compared to other bakeries we looked at and the cakes, in our opinion, tasted better. I would highly recommend this bakery!

Sent on 02/29/2012
  • Gary&Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2011

Fantastic!! When my husband and I walked into our reception our eyes lid up like a kid in a candy shop. It was everything we excepted.

Sent on 06/19/2012
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 09/17/2011

Our wedding cake was absolutely fantastic! Our guests kept going back for extra slices! It was moist and they decorated the cake beautifully. They also were pretty easy to stay in contact with in regard to any concerns or questions we had in regard to their services. The one thing that we are not sure about is if they actually made the cake three different flavors (each tier was suppose to be a different flavor) as we had initially asked them to do along with three different fillings. My husband thinks they only did two different flavors. We did not really get a chance to taste much of our cake because there was so much going on for us that night but it was very good from what we did have. However they did a fantastic job and we got many compliments from our guests in regard to our cake and how delicious it was! I would highly recommend this vendor to others.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Jody · Married on 09/10/2011

My cake was beyond perfect, thank you!

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 08/13/2011

The best cake in wisconsin! Can do just about anything you want for a cake. Their cake is so moist and delicious. Our wedding cake turned out beautiful. Everyone at Aggies is so wonderful and provided us with the help we needed to make sure our day was special. I loved when we met with them for a tasting they were very personal, easy going, caring. They provided us with a tray full of treats along with coffee and drinks we liked. A delight to work with!

Sent on 08/31/2011

Lisa · Married on 06/24/2011

Beautiful and delicious!!! My guests were impressed and everything looked perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2011

Mary · Married on 06/04/2011

GREAT GREAT GREAT! LOOKED GREAT. TASTED GREAT. ENOUGH SAID.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Holly · Married on 12/18/2010

My cake was beautiful and very tastey! I got so many compliments. They really saw the vision I had an were able to make just what I wanted. My Mom, who was kind enough to pay for the cake, said it was money well spent. I still have people ask me where I got my cake from, and I am glad to tell them to go to Aggies!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Tanisha · Married on 11/13/2010

Try the cupcakes as an alternative to wedding cake. They are delicious and were a hit! We set up a "kids korner" so that none would be wasted, (you know how kids like to eat the frosting and not the cake.) They have wonderful layouts, and are very creative. The staff are all very friendly. Great Place!!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Laura · Married on 10/23/2010

Our cake was beautiful and Debbie (the wedding coordinator) was great! The cake was delicious, you could tell it was different from other wedding cakes, never frozen etc.

Sent on 11/09/2010
  • Shakira

Shakira · Married on 10/09/2010

I have to say------> I love the staff @Aggies, their cakes are so amazing good. My guests asked me who made my wedding cake (on October 9, 2010) because that was the best wedding cake everrrrrr!!! Since I tasted my cake I stay buying cakes for special occasions. You have to try it.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Leah · Married on 09/25/2010

Aggies is the best!
    We had an excellent cake taste testing and were able to see many pictures and talk with the main person in charge of all wedding cake orders.
    The cake was gorgeous and moist and super cost effective compared to other places we looked at!
    They were able to deliver and set up our cake to our hall the afternoon of the wedding.
    One of the best parts is that on our one year anniversary they include a fresh replica of your cake! No frozen year old cake for us!!!! :)

Sent on 10/07/2010

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2010

Our wedding cake was more than I could imagine! We had 4 layers...
    bottom layer: white cake, rasp filling and cheesecake
    2nd layer: pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling
    3rd layer: white cake with chocolate chips
    top layer: banana cake with french van. cream

Then the groom's cake was choc cake with french choc. cream and decorated with a golf theme.

We did all buttercream and they filled in the spaces on the wedding cake with fresh flowers. The cakes were so fresh, we could not have asked for anything better!

Sent on 02/15/2011
  • W

Ashley · Married on 08/28/2010

I loved the cake. The ladies that work were are so helpful. I don't remember how many times I changed my mind about the cake and they were so incredibly nice. They didn't hassle me or give me a hard time cause I couldn't make up my mind. Everything was wonderful. I would definitely recommend them to everybody! Good luck!

Sent on 01/19/2011

Jennifer · Married on 02/20/2010

This place was great, they made me feel so good. I cant remember her name off hand but she gave me some great ideas to add to the wedding, it was honestly like having another mom helping give ideas for the wedding, the cake was beautiful and everything i wanted!

Sent on 04/12/2010

Valerie · Married on 02/14/2010

I received nothing but compliments of the cake, both for the beautiful appearance and the taste!!

Sent on 03/09/2010

K · Married on 05/24/2009

Aggies makes the best cake I have ever eaten. They made cupcakes for my wedding and they were fantastic! I wanted several different flavors and fillings and this was no problem at all. They were on time for setup and made sure the cupcakes looked fantastic. I got so many compliments on our cupcakes. I would recommend Aggie's to any bride!

Sent on 10/26/2009
  • W

Megan · Married on 05/08/2009

Are wedding cake was extremly spectacluar. I went into the bakery with an idea that they turned into a comnplete masterpiece and they had the best prices around...I got so many complements on my cake that I will definatly use them for every big event!!

Sent on 12/06/2009

Heather · Married on 06/21/2008

Amazing cake! Not only did it look beautiful, it was delicious which is not always the case. Everyone should get their cake from Aggie's.

Sent on 07/26/2008

Kaitlin · Married on 10/06/2007

I was more than satisfied with Aggie's. Aggie meets with you personally to first get an idea of what you would like. She then sets an appointment with you for cake testing. She has many many to choose from. They were all so great it was hard to decide. She also is very open and flexible with your cake design. She did an awesome jobs with ours, she made the cake match the pattern on my dress. Also, her prices were more than reasonable. We got enough cake for 250 people for $244.00! Her cakes are delicious and beautiful....she also makes you a fresh anniversary cake when you bring in a picture of you and your husband/wife cutting the cake!

Sent on 03/19/2008

Mary · Married on 06/30/2007

Our initial cake plans fell through and with just a month and a half before our wedding, Aggie was happy to sit down and meet with me. The cakes are moist and are rich in flavor. My now husband isn't too fond of cakes but really enjoyed the cakes by Aggie! She was very accommodating and was able to incorporate my own design ideas into our cake. Our wedding cake was beautiful and we were able to accommodate our guests different tastes with different flavors on each of the tiers.

Sent on 10/30/2007

Jessika · Married on 06/09/2007

We wanted a cupcake cake with different kinds of cupcakes with different fillings and Aggie did an amazing job! The "cake" was so incredibly beautiful and everyone loved the fact that it was made of cupcakes. And they were incredibly delicious! Aggie was reasonably priced, was able to change things for us at the last minute, and was always around when we needed to get a hold of her. This was the best part of our wedding!

Sent on 11/19/2007

Nicole · Married on 08/25/2018

We hired Aggies to do our wedding cake and the wedding cake was beautiful, and delicious. They delivered the cake on time. They told us that we just needed to place all decorations for the cake on the cake table and they would set up the decorations for us. My mom went to look at it right before guests entered our hall and the water fountain was all messed up so my mom had to assemble it.. My mom was upset with Aggies and our venue for not setting it up and having her do it for them. Other than that, it was a good experience!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Aggie's Bakery and Cake Shop's reply:

Hi Nicole - Thank you for the great review, but just so you know we did not supply the fountain, nor did we know that you were going to have a fountain set-up with your cake. Typically we do not set-up / install anything that is not provided by us but sometimes we can accommodate that request but only if we know in advance. We actually stopped offering fountains about a year ago because of all of the problems that are associated with them. Regardless, thank you for the great review and your business, we appreciate it!

Brandy · Married on 04/07/2018

We ordered a cake to cut and cupcakes for all the guests and cheesecake cupcakes for the wedding party less than 2 weeks before the reception. Everything looked and tasted great! Definitely worth the money-especially the turtle cheesecake cupcakes!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Deidra · Married on 03/11/2017

Aggies Bakery was everything. The tasting was amazing we decided on a 3 tiered cake with the top as red velvet and the bottom as marble. I had no cake left and everyone was asking for leftovers. The design was a purple to grey ombre it was beautiful. I can't wait to get the 1yr anniversary cake.

Sent on 03/20/2017