After 5 Events Reviews

38 | Buffalo, NY

38 Reviews for After 5 Events

Kevin · event on: 01/03/2014

Gabby @after 5 events helped make my proposal and engagement party amazing. Her professionalism, ideas, and support made the evening something special. I came to her with a very broken idea, and she made it a reality by finding the perfect venue and making everything happen within my budget. I would recommend her to anyone planning an event even if they were prepared to do it on their own. This was by far the best service I could have asked for.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Nick · Married on 11/05/2013

Gabrielle helped me plan the perfect proposal and took care of ALL the tough details. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. She took care of planning the location, the photographer, preparing my hotel room, and arranging all the small details. All this at a totally reasonable fee. It was peace of mind for me and made a nerve-racking experience so much smoother. Can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Jordan · Married on 10/12/2013

Gabrielle is awesome and so helpful in the wedding process. Our wedding was perfect, and I had nothing to worry about! She's the woman for any event planning job :)

Sent on 11/14/2013

Marisa · Married on 09/21/2013

Gabrielle was amazing! Our wedding turned out to be exactly as I imagined it because she helped me bring all of the ideas I had in my head to life. I was so stress free because I had so much faith her - and if she was stressed at all, she hid it very well! She was so easy to work with and she and her husband, Matt, are a power team!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Jaime · Married on 08/10/2013

After 5 events was so wonderful to work with! I loved the different packages that i could choose from as i was unsure of what planning i could do on my own. I chose the ceremony package and Gabby helped make my ceremony run so smooth and stress free!!! All of my guests were commenting on how wonderful, nice and professional she was! Thank you Gabby! I was a stress free bride!!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

After 5 Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jaime! It was a pleasure helping you with your special day and what a GORGEOUS ceremony it was!! :)

katie · Married on 07/20/2013

Gabby was AMAZING every step of the way. There is absolutely no way that everything would have gone as wonderful and as smooth if I did not have her to guide me along. I highly recommend for brides to look into her services! She offers different packages for you to choose from and I'm sure you will find one that is right for you. I am sure you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/13/2013

After 5 Events's reply:

Thank you so very much Katie! It was a pleasure working with you and your loving family. It really was a perfect day. Thank you for letting me be a part of it! :)

I can not say enough good things about Gabby & Matt at After Five Events. They made my day run so smoothly and everything came out wonderfully. We had day of coordination services, but I felt as I had a full wedding planner all the way through. Gabby checked in with me each month and offered to help how ever she could. She made final calls to all vendors and made sure everyone was on track. She and Matt are highly professional & a joy to work with and honestly I hesitate to even use the word work as it wasn't work at all if that makes sense. My father in law was raving about how well they treated him and how well everything ran. They even successfully tackled a bustle on my dress from h*ll and did so with a smile. They helped coordinate everything from ceremony to our sparkler exit at the end of the night. Thanks to all their hard work I really got to enjoy our wedding day stress free. Thank you Gabby & Matt!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

After 5 Events's reply:

Thank you so very much Elizabeth! I am so happy that we were there to help you with your special day. You and Don are such a loving couple and I will always remember his father daughter dance with Lottie :)
    Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon!!!

Justin/Tam Tam · Married on 06/29/2013

From start to finish, Gabby was a terrific resource and a tremendous guide. Early on, we were concerned about finding the right vendors and getting good deals on everything from rentals, music, food, etc. She was straightforward with what vendors we should use, what value she could get from them, and scheduling. She set up a timeline that was very helpful to let us know at what point we should be at, which really helped to make the wedding process more relaxed. She was available anytime we needed questions or advice, up to the very last minute. During the stressful last weeks, she took control of all the scheduling and last minute details. The rehearsal and day of services Gabby and Matt provided really made the difference. We had heard a lot of stories about couples not being able to enjoy there wedding because of the hectic atmosphere, but we had a totally different experience. They were able to organize the activities and guests and take care of all the details that allowed us to just enjoy the day. Overall, we felt that Gabby's services were a great value from beginning to end.

Sent on 07/23/2013

After 5 Events's reply:

Thank you Tammy and Justin! Your wedding was such a wonderful experience. It was the perfect setting, so very unique, and I will always be in love with your amazing dress :) I also will always remember the uniqueness and how cool it was when you toasted with the 100 year old scotch to symbolize the "blending" of 2 families. Thank you for letting me share it with you!

Meghan · Married on 06/22/2013

We knew from the moment we met Gabrielle that she was the planner for us! She greeted us with a smile on her face and was dressed to impress. At our first meeting Kevin and I felt like she really listened to us and took our suggestions and ideas (even if they were crazy) to heart. We had talked to a few other wedding planners and they seemed more enthusiastic about their own ideas than the ones we had. In over a year of working with Gabrielle, I never once felt like she was trying to push her vision or what she wanted and that was really refreshing. We had the style of the event under control we just needed someone to execute all the little details on the day of the wedding. During this process Gabrielle became more like good friend then just our wedding planner. I found myself saying "I can't wait to show Gabrielle a picture of my wedding dress" or "the button bouquets are done... wait until Gabrielle sees them!" She was always checking in to make sure we were on track or if we had any questions. To say Gabrielle went above and beyond our expectations is an understatement. In fact, she saved the wedding on more than one occasion. When our caterer fell through she was right there with other suggestions. She helped us find so many additional vendors like our vintage Photobooth and where to rent furniture even though we signed up for just the Day of Coordination package! Our wedding day was beautiful, amazing, and everything we hoped it to be thanks to Gabrielle and her husband Matt. They really are the "wedding dream team."

Sent on 08/02/2013

Kristen · Married on 12/08/2012

After5 Events made sure that our wedding day was absolutely perfect! My husband and I spend over a year working with them and we couldn't be happier. Gabby is the kindest and most professional person to work with. She went to almost all vendor appointments with us and referred us to many of the vendors we ended up selecting. She is also very creative and hands on during the entire process. She gave us ideas on how to maximize our budget (and kept us on budget!!!), gave us creative design and decor ideas to fit our rustic winter theme, and kept us on track with a month to month time line. The day of our event went off flawlessly [minus the most difficult dress bustle i have ever encountered ;)] because of the After5 Events team. We honestly couldn't have done it without them. They were at the venue hours before the ceremony and reception making sure every last detail was perfect. From the decor items being placed properly to making sure all the vendors arrived on time to orchestrating the start of the ceremony, they were there making sure we didn't have to worry about a thing on our special day. I would recommend them to anyone looking to make sure their event is perfect! Thank you After5 Events!!

Sent on 12/14/2012

After 5 Events's reply:

Thank you Kristen! It was a pleasure assisting you and Aaron with your wedding planning process and day of coordination. You two make such a beautiful and loving couple and you were such a STUNNING bride. Congrats!! :)

Tara · event on: 12/27/2013

After 5 Events transformed the event site into a magical place. The Planner,Gabrielle, was given a series of suggestions and all ideas were incorporated into a wonderful event that was simple yet elegant. I would recommend her and her team to any organization or family that wants to take the labor out of hosting an event.

Sent on 12/31/2013

After 5 Events's reply:

Thank you so much Tara! I had a wonderful time working with you and your caring staff. Thank you for letting me a part of your special event :)

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

I wasn't sure about hiring a wedding coordinator at the outset of the planning process, but I'm glad I did, especially since I planned my Buffalo wedding from out of town. Gabby was very organized, responsive, professional, kind, helpful with vendor recommendations, and flexible to work with. I am very detail oriented and there were certain aspects of the evening, like the music and the "run of show" that I really wanted to unfold a certain way, and Gabby was always patient and never made me feel like something wasn't important! Our wedding party was sizable and Gabby did a great job ensuring the ceremony ran very smoothly. Gabby and Matt both have great dispositions -- they help you feel at ease on your big day, which allows you to enjoy the moment!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

I worked with Gabrielle for about 9 months planning my September 13th wedding this year. We hit it off right away- Gabby is super personable, attentive, thoughtful and really listens to what you have to say in order to make your big day perfect. She was always great at communicating and being proactive throughout the whole planning process. I didn't really have a very clear vision for what I wanted for our wedding and Gabby helped me create one. The day before and the day of the wedding, Gabby and her partner Matt were there from beginning to end making sure everything ran smoothly. They were always quick to ask if there was anything we needed and were never obtrusive. Our wedding ceremony and reception went off without a hitch and I absolutely credit this to the amazing work by Gabby and Matt, in coordination with our venue. I couldn't have asked for a better day or experience and would 100% recommend Gabrielle and After 5 Events to everyone and anyone!

Sent on 10/08/2014