Affairs Extraordinaire by Marta Reviews

44 | Baldwin, MD

44 Reviews for Affairs Extraordinaire by Marta

Julia · Married on 08/31/2018

I was convinced that I didn’t need/couldn’t afford a wedding planner. I’m super type A and had planned every single detail of my wedding. Although my friends and family were concerned that I wouldn’t be able to handle it all, it was my officiant who ultimately convinced me to contact Marta. I am so glad that I did. I booked her as my day of coordinator but she really started coordinating months before my big day. She spoke with all of my vendors, created and managed my timeline, and ran my rehearsal the night before. She was super responsive to all of my emails and even met me at venue beforehand to get familiar with it. And about all of those details I worked so hard on... I arrived to the venue on my wedding day to see my vision come to life. Everything. Was. Perfect. And I didn’t have to worry about a thing. She even managed hiccups during the wedding itself. When I realized that I had relatives who were getting tired and I hadn’t scheduled the buses to leave until the end of the reception, I spoke with Marta and she set up an earlier trip to the hotel- and I didn’t even have to leave the dance floor. I mean- WOW! Hire Marta. She will allow you to actually enjoy your wedding day!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Jordan · Married on 08/11/2018

Marta was everything we could have dreamed of an more. We went back and forth on whether or not we really needed her, but realized that we needed someone to help keep us organized and keep our heads on straight. Marta helped keep us all in line, handled any situation that was thrown our way, and made sure that all other wedding affiliated people were accounted for and in there designated areas. The day of the wedding she arrived at my home earlier then all others and began prepping and decorating since this was a home/farm venue. We could not imagine doing it all without Marta, we love her!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/23/2018

My wedding was at home and we were unsure of how we were going to pull the whole thing together on the day of the wedding, until we met Marta. Marta was of great assistance when needed prior to the wedding but the day of she was worth her weight in gold. She set up and decorated both my ceremony and reception just as I described. She truly brought my dream wedding to reality!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Ruthie · Married on 06/10/2018

Marta is amazing!! She was available last minute to coordinate the details of our wedding and we couldn't be more thankful we had her there! She is prompt, organized, and thorough, ensured our event ran smoothly, and minimized the stress level as much as possible! Thank you so much again, Marta! We are so glad you were a part of our special day!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Amelia · Married on 05/12/2018

She’s wonderful! Knowledgeable and very willing to help anyway she can! Always on the ball when things are due! All around great person! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Kelly · Married on 04/07/2018

We've just started with her, but Marta has been so nice and helpful in helping me organize everything to make the wedding day completely stress free!

Sent on 01/03/2018

SALLIE · Married on 01/20/2018

Marta is such a pleasure to work with. She not only saved my wedding (many times by me forgetting many things) but she put her heart into my wedding as if it was her own. She's a true pleasure to be around and makes sure your day is as special as you've ever dreamed it could be. She helped me plan my entire wedding in month due to my mother's health. If you are wanting a stress free, amazing experience Marta is the way to go!!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2017

Marta is every bride's dream come true, a real fairy godmother! She completely took all the stress away from me so that my parents, husband, and I were able to completely enjoy the day! At the end of the reception, my brother-in-law had misplaced my father's keys and Marta was able to get her assistant to take my Dad back to his hotel room to grab his spare key. I also had some issues the week of our wedding with some of the vendors. All I did was write her a quick email and she called me immediately and had it all worked out within hours. I am so happy I chose her and even happier that she was available for my wedding day!

Bob and Lisa (Bel Air, MD)

Sent on 10/08/2017

My mother suprised me with hiring a wedding planner. She had me pick between two. The other person had several more reviews than Marta but what made me pick her was she was more flexible, and was much more friendlier than the other coordinator, she has done weddings for a long time whether it was catering, cakes, etc. So she knows first hand on what to ask or look out for with other venders. She was available via email anytime and responded back to my emails quickly and even was available during her vacation if I needed her. We actually had majority of our wedding planned we just needed minor details and the day coordinated. I wish we hired her way earlier. We tried cutting costs as much as possible but this is one vendor to not cut costs. Everyone needs a wedding coordinator!! Also she has a bunch of decor and supplies for weddings. If she had what you needed she didn't charge us extra. We used some of her table linens for the DJ and photobooth and that saved us 10 each. As our caterer was going to charge us. I let her have the freedom to decorate our wedding the way she wanted we just gave her the supplies and everything turned out wonderful! She made a great timeline and made sure all venders had one and our Begal pay, always checked in on us during the day, and took our decorations home with her and we picked it up a few days later when we came back into town. Also we had an issue with where we originally booked our rehearsal and she was willing to help with the situation. Marta was absolutely wonderful for our wedding! All our guests and other venders just loved her! We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/27/2017

Marta Markline-Kastner - AFFAIRS EXTRAORDINAIRE by Marta, is the BEST of the BEST Wedding Coordinators. I hired Marta to basically be my "Day of Lady", "Go to Person" for my Daughter's wedding day. I can't even begin to express how wonderful this woman is! She was truly my guardian angel for this whole process. There was nothing that she didn't take care of. Everytime we met to go over everything for the wedding, she would take notes and NEVER missed one detail to anything we requested of her. Steve, nor I had to deal with any issues or problems that may have occurred the day of the wedding, because Marta took care of EVERYTHING. She worked her butt off. She was on point for every aspect of the rehearsal, the ceremony, reception and cleanup. With it being a rainy day it was questionable up until 10 minutes before the ceremony was to start, as to whether it was going to be inside or out. After setting everything up finally inside, the rain stopped. My husband turned to Marta and said "Are we doing this inside or out?" He said she looked shocked at first, since she had just moved 150 chairs indoors, but Marta looked at him and said "Whatever Samantha wants." Less then 5 minutes later Marta had the 150 chairs, all the aisle and alter flowers back outside and all the guest seated and ready to start the big event! She even took photos during the entire event and sent them to me the following morning, knowing that I would have missed things throughout the day. She was even in on the surprise with my daughter, son-in-law, husband and son, when my son dropped to one knee to propose to his girlfriend. She got pictures that are priceless to me. I feel like I have known Marta for years, like she is a dear friend. If you are planning a wedding or ANY kind of special event, you DO NOT want to be without Marta!!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Macy · Married on 05/20/2017

Marta was GREAT! She's very detail oriented and get stuff done even in a short amount of time. I would HIGHLY recommend her for any event. She fixed every problem we had not only on the wedding day but, leading up to it and even after the wedding. She's very easy to work with her can do/I got this personality. She helped relieve much stress off of my mother and I. Marta's service was GREATLY appreciated.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/13/2017

Marta was great! She was so helpful before the wedding and always answered any emails right away! I felt at ease the day of the wedding when she was with my now husband and his groomsmen assuring they would be on time and dressed :) She even took home all my decorations and any misc items left at the venue and held them at her house while we were on our honeymoon. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Joanne · Married on 09/17/2016

I had an amazing event planned by Affair Extroidinaire. Marta, our complete event planner, was amazing in what she did and ALL she did, and better yet at a really good price that fit our budget. Very calm, yet on the ball and kept everythi,g moving without a step out of place. She planned every aspect...food, music, photgrapher, everything.
    If I need again, which I will go this route with pretty much any large event I may have, I'm using Marta to,handle all of it and I'll be passing her name on.
    Thanks Marta

Sent on 11/09/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/10/2016

Marta was so wonderful. We had no idea what we were doing. She took away all of the stress and made it so easy for us to just focus on the day. Marta made my dream wedding possible and totally exceeded our expectations. You can't not have an extra ordinary wedding without Marta!!!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Katie · Married on 08/13/2016

Marta is fantastic! She made everything on our special day run perfectly, I was able to contact her and she would respond instantly! She made everyone in the wedding party a detailed timeline (with things I never would have thought of) which made everyone on the same page so that the day was well put together. She even made multiple trips to meet with us, as well as came to help us set up/clean up at the venue. On the wedding day she was very calm and organized so I had no stress, she made sure everything ran smoothly. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding, you won't regret it!!! :)

Sent on 08/23/2016

Amazing pricing for everything Marta did. My wedding went so smooth and I got to sit back and enjoy time before and after the big day without all the worry. I used her for all of my wedding AND honeymoon accomidations, and all I can say is WOW!! Thank you AE!!

Sent on 05/30/2016
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Draayer · Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Working with Marta was hands-down the best decision. As a very organized person, I didn't anticipate needing a planner but quickly realized I was wrong. Marta was kind, thoughtful, and so fun and warm to work with. She was great at taking my vague ideas and turning them into an absolutely beautiful wedding. And she was great at recommending vendors that fit with my style and price! Highly, highly, highly recommend Marta to anyone.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Affairs Extraordinaire by Marta's reply:

Thank you so very much Caitlin. It was such a pleasure to work with you. I am so happy that your vision came true on your wedding day and how beautiful everything turned out. Wishing you both all the happiness in the world as you begin your lives together.
  • Macklyn

Macklyn · Married on 04/13/2019

Extraordinarie

Marta helped execute our wedding, she worked hard the day of, made things less stressful for us. Well organized, held multiple meetings, very detailed and help us with items we had not thought of.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Affairs Extraordinaire by Marta's reply:

Thank you Macklyn and Josh. It was a pleasure to work with you both. Wishing you all the happiness in your lives together.

Lindsey · Married on 06/08/2019

1.4
      3.0

She was a No Show!

In first meeting Marta she was very kind, accommodating, and knowledgeable in this modern wedding market, which we were not. We needed someone to help us. She promised us we had come to the right person, how special and organized our wedding day would be because she is on top of it all and she uses a very strict itinerary on all of her past weddings she had done. She even suggested our wedding venue to us so that it would fit our tight budget. We immediately trusted her so we went ahead and hired Marta as our planner/coordinator. She offers 3 service packages: Minimal, Moderate, and Full Wedding Planning Package as well as Ceremony and Reception Coordination. We booked her ‘moderate’ services package with the ceremony and reception coordination as well as the venue she had suggested to us. We even changed the wedding date we originally desired to the following weekend so that Marta would be able to attend and coordinate our wedding. She told us she was already booked for the original date we wanted, which a year out was totally fine with us we completely understood.
    As time went on during the planning process and our wedding date approached, she became very difficult to contact and speak with. She did not respond to our initial emails in a timely manner and we would have to stay after her in order to get a response from her. We then started to feel like we were bothering her as if we were ‘nuisance-clients’ to her or something, which should not be the case because we paid her good money in prompt installments for her services. In fact, we had many other wedding vendors that we did business with tell us how easy and flexible we were to deal with and that we were not difficult or needy at all during our planning processes. Marta did decide to respond to us, she was very short in her emails, not detailed in the answers to our questions and was very aloof. We were fearing that our wedding would just be thrown together in the 11th hour. This must be how moderate package clients are treated.
    We had 2 separate face-to-face meetings with her after we had hired her services (These meetings were required of her in the moderate package contract we agreed to). Both meetings with her felt rushed, but at the end of each meeting, admittedly they did feel productive. Each meeting lasted approximately 1 hour. We left both meetings with feelings of positivity, confidence, and excitement. This was a big reason of our disappointment at the end. We would consistently have to remind Marta at each meeting of what we had already discussed with her previously. We did not expect a miracle from her, but we did expect her to show up to our wedding...Marta clearly had other priorities this wedding season and our wedding was not high on her list. We did not get a sense of being taken care. Maybe she was going through personal struggles during this time and if so we would have worked with her and completely understood but she did not tell us anything other than at one point she broke her wrist…? Anyway, when our wedding day finally rolled around, MARTA DIDN’T SHOW UP! SHE GHOSTED US! She sent her daughter Kara in her stead (side note: Marta’s daughter Kara was very nice though) and another assistant we had never met until the actual day! So all along we had been meeting with Marta and then in the 11th hour we were now being forced to work with her daughter Kara, who tried her best but had not been brought fully up to speed on everything. The Bride had to refer to her own itinerary repetitively to line up the wedding party correctly, make sure we were on time starting the ceremony, and were left roaming around the venue on arrival wondering where we were supposed to be. In fact, servers at our venue started to jump in and help organize us at times. Marta never bothered to tell us herself that she wasn’t planning on coming to our wedding, we had been left to just find it out on our own! It turns out she had double booked another wedding on our day and decided to go service the other wedding instead of us, even after we changed our date with her over a year prior when we first met! She never once told us, during our time with her that she had a second wedding the same day as ours!
    Look, we are not ‘bride/groom-zillas’ here, we realize the world does not revolve around us, but some good old fashioned honesty from her would have been very nice! I’m sure the other wedding was a bigger ‘to-do’ than our humble 90 guest wedding and was a bigger portfolio boost for her business than we would have been. I guess this is just how she decides to conduct her business for moderate clients. Alas, I’m sure there was some fine-print we missed. Also, since Marta decided to ghost her paying clients on their wedding day, of course there were several annoying yet admittedly small mistakes made in communications between Marta, her daughter Kara, and our Reception DJ. Such as many names being pronounced wrong, incorrectly, mixed up, and did not match the actual people who were entering the room during wedding party introductions. We felt like we had been fooled and she treated us like chopped liver during the entirety of the process! We were left feeling disappointed by her lack of transparency. Despite all this, we did feel like our wedding was a lot of fun and a great success but that is a credit due to our positive attitudes throughout. If you’ve read this far, I will finally digress, just please think twice about booking Affairs-Extraordinaire to handle your big day!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Affairs Extraordinaire by Marta's reply:

It is very unfortunate that you felt this way. This is the only review I have received of this kind. Unfortunately, some of the notations you made were not in our control(neither Kara or myself). I was at the venue the day before and did stop by in the morning as well to see that all was ready to do.