Aevitas Weddings Reviews

Aevitas Weddings 5
Aevitas Weddings 6
Aevitas Weddings 7

Samantha · Married on 03/07/2015

Working with Henry on our wedding was a great experience. Photography was one of our top priorities and it was important to us to find a professional who would be flexible, answer all of our questions, and really listen to what we wanted. And, since the photographer is the one vendor who is with you all day long, it is important to make sure you have someone you can trust and who can remain professional and calm. Henry was that and more; he worked with us on pricing so that we could have two photographers for our day, he was prompt and responsive, and very organized, letting us know exactly what he needed from us to ensure our day ran seamlessly. On top of that, the photos he captured were really amazing. There are so many different types of photos to choose from that satisfy all different facets of our friends and family. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and highly recommend his services!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Jeremy · Married on 02/21/2015

Henry Chen Photography starts with Henry Chen and ends after a fantastic experience and spectacular results. First of all, when we met Henry at his studio in Long Beach, he was warm and genuine about getting to know us as a couple, how we met, etc. He was also very passionate about photography and how he could be a part of a couple's most special day. We knew shortly after meeting Henry (and of course, after seeing his portfolio online) that he was the perfect man for the job. And considering how pivotal great photographs are, we chose well. Working with Henry and his wife, Charlene, on our wedding day was an absolute joy. Not only were they encouraging and positive, but they calmly but steadily led us through the day. We never had to worry about big moments not being perfectly captured (they were!) and they were flexible about adding some shots along the way, never rattled or annoyed by the spontaneity. They were consummate professionals, calm (and keeping US calm during a typically stressful event). And best of all, I will always look back and happily remember Henry and Charlene not just as a great photography team but two valued guests at our small, intimate wedding. If you're in the market for top notch photography, you will be thrilled that you reached out to Henry Chen Photography. We sure were and always will be with our decision! Thanks, Henry and Charlene!!!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Sim · Married on 02/15/2015

Henry was by far the most valued vendor I worked with while planning my wedding. I came across his work from a co worker's wedding pictures and thought to myself this photographer really captures the moment. Henry was the first vendor I chose, by far the most important because I had nothing planned NOT EVEN THE DATE! He guided me through the process by asking me questions and often times encouraging me to think about what is important to me. I honestly felt like I had hired myself a wedding consultant as well! Seriously this guy was there from the beginning to the end. There's so much more I can say about Henry but I'll let you figure out for yourself! Bottom line awesome to work with and MY PICTURES CAME OUT GORGEOUS!!! Fast turn around time too!!! Choose Henry. You can't go wrong.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Jennifer · Married on 01/08/2015

PART ONE (WE JUST HAVE TO)...
    We first knew Henry from a family wedding. First thing to say was he was very kind and calm. He has this aura of where you just knew that taking photos with him was going to be fun an. When I (bride) saw the photos of my now sister in law come out, I was just in awe on how impressively beautiful they came out. Kriss & PJ highly recommended Henry to everyone just in case anyone was to get married. I have seen so many wedding photos but the work of Henry is just beautiful, and I thought to myself “one day, when I get married, I only hoped I would have someone whose skill in photography would be exactly like Henry’s”. Eventually, I did get engaged. However, we were to have a destination wedding so we thought Henry was not possible to be our photographer. Nevertheless, we talked about doing our engagement shoot early and without a second thought, we immediately contacted Henry. We just knew he had to be the one without even looking around and asking others. He was so very prompt in responding to emails and you can just sense in his he has such a warm heart and is very sincere. He loves what he does, talented and very passionate about his work. That is exactly what any couple should seek for in their photographer, I guarantee that. I asked if he travels outside the country to do destination weddings. Our wedding was to be in the Philippines, and when Henry said he would go, we felt so ecstatic. To have someone like Henry to capture those precious moments in life is truly a blessing. From the day we met, both my husband and I instantly had full trust in Henry.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Jennifer · Married on 01/08/2015

PART TWO---(Jennifer Colegado & Pam Colegado; wed January 8 2015 & April 12, 2015)
    With the months prior to the wedding, he kept everything cool and collected. He never wanted to stress us out since he already knew planning a destination wedding was difficult. Another great quality he possesses. The big day came; Henry was the first one there. Again, always precise with time to make sure nothing is missed. He would work around people, was so down to earth and friendly, my whole family loved him! They have never met a vendor who was so professional yet made everyone feel comfortable with him. One thing that struck us the was when we had encountered an obstacle when it came to the photos after the wedding day. Even with hindrances, it is unbelievable that Henry was so honest to tell us what had happened. Not any one would go all the way to make a couple pleased. We got our photos, couldn’t believe that what we were looking at was our photos! Magnificent from beginning to the end, and each captured a real true moment. Few months later, we had the chance of working with Henry again for our post wedding celebration here in the US. It was quite fun and light hearted cause our families, both my husband and I see Henry not just as photographer, but a friend dear to our hearts. We will always be appreciative and thankful for everything he has done and will be looking forward to having Henry do another wedding in the years to come. Maybe a renewal of vows? :) All the best to you Henry!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Rebecca · Married on 12/21/2014

I wish I could call up every single couple that is looking for a photographer and recommend Henry. From the get-go, Henry would respond within a day, usually within and hour, to my emails, and was always so positive, patient, and helpful!
    He helped us set up a timeline for the wedding day photos to make sure that the day went smoothly and perfectly, which it did! I've never had professional photos taken, and Henry and his amazingly sweet and funny wife Charlene (who is also his second shooter!) made my now-husband and I, and our giant families, feel comfortable and happy during the entire day. And, of course, the photos turned out beyond breathtaking, but don't take my word for it, go look at his blog! We're Rebecca and Aaron on 12-21-14 :) his work absolutely speaks for itself and you'd be making a mistake not to have Henry as a part of the most important day of your new life together :)

Sent on 05/15/2015

Alexander · Married on 12/06/2014

I still recall the initial moment we met Henry like it was yesterday. Henry had invited us to meet him in-person at his photography studio, and to kickoff our conversation, he started by asking my fiance and I open-ended questions about "How we met". This is truly what differentiates Henry from all the other photographers out there. A lot of other photographers might have similar skill sets, but they don't understand the importance of deeply connecting with the couples they're taking pictures of and finding a way to weave that couple's personal interests and story into a memorable catalog of pictures! Henry is an expert at this, and throughout both our initial meeting and all of the subsequent working sessions we had that followed, he always had a strong interest in learning more about who we were and how we fell so deeply in love with one another.

The resulting final product was a mesmerizing set of photos. My wife and I are both relatively young and he did an awesome job capturing the exuberance of our youthful personalities (i.e., our wedding had a totally jam-packed dance floor that he weaved in and out of to capture some incredible portraits of all of our young, wild and free friends). As an added plus, he provides the electronic versions of all photos in a very user-friendly personal wedding site he creates for each couple that allows them to view each of their respective moments in a story-like timeline of events (i.e., Getting Ready => Groomsmen/Bridesmaid Portriats => Ceremony => Reception).

Overall, I have nothing but positive things to say about Henry! He was truly a pleasure to work with and delivered great quality photos in the end. Picking our wedding photographer was considered the most important decision during our planning process, and I'm happy to say that we definitely feel we chose the right person to capture our beautiful day! =)

Sent on 07/18/2015

Henry has become more than a wedding photographer for me and my family. He has done the pictures for 2 of our weddings and we consider him and his talented wife Charlene friends. Henry's attention to the details in each moment show through not only in his incredible work ethic but also his professionalism and his amazing pictures. I know that there is never a moment missed with Henry behind the lense. He did our engagement pictures in March 2014 and was wonderful, there were so many great pictures that we couldnt possibly ever narrow down a favorite. I would highly recommend (And Do repeatedly) Henry to everyone. He is simply amazing. A joy.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/18/2014

Henry Chen FAR exceeded both mine and my husband's expectations for a photographer for our engagement photos as well as the most special day of our life...our wedding day. Henry was fun, professional, outgoing, kind, caring, a TRUE master at his craft, and the list goes on and on. I have nothing but 5+ STARS for Henry (and his wife) in every area for capturing some of the most special moments of our lives so far. If you're looking for a photographer to capture memories and moments that will last a LIFETIME, look no farther...Henry is the ONE! Henry- thank you for everything that you've done and STILL continue to do... our wedding has come and gone, but our photos are forever, and we continue to look back on them with massive smiles and happiness. THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Monica · Married on 10/10/2014

During our consultation, we found Henry to be very professional & engaging. He had an entire powerpoint set up & gave us a presentation of his services. I could tell he was very organized, methodical, and thorough, and he definitely put time into preparing for our meeting. When you're dealing with the chaos that is wedding planning, these things matter. What's great about Henry is that he gives you the whole package-- professionalism and talent! He was flexible with his services and was able to sightly alter a package deal to better suit our needs. He was just a joy to work with.

Since getting engaged, every vendor/family member/friend that we talked to wanted to know colors and dresses and flowers and locations and bla bla bla. Logistics. Henry was different. The first thing he asked us when we sat down, before the business talk started, was how did you meet? What attracted you to each other? He wanted to know us. By knowing us, he could do his job better. That touched us and we realized it wasn't just about our business or getting a deposit out of us. He recognizes that yeah a wedding is a business transaction but more so, a MARRIAGE was happening. LOVE was happening. And that mattered to him.

Leading up to the wedding, Henry was so on top of everything. He's absolutely a Type A personality so no detail went unnoticed. He's amazing at getting back with emails (even when he's out of the country) and I never felt like my incessant emails were bothersome to him. For being so young, he's profoundly professional and runs a great business.

As far as the wedding day itself, he was such a gem. He kept us on track time-wise, recognized when we needed rescuing from our guests, and really went above and beyond. Overall, choosing Henry really was the best wedding decision we made throughout the wedding planning process. All the work a couple puts into wedding planning can be lost without a great photographer to capture it. Henry will not disappoint!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

I am only nearly 9 months late in writing this review, but time flies after the wedding! We received our wedding album recently and oh my, it just replayed the big day so perfectly! First and foremost, we were SO happy and delighted with Henry's service!! Dealing with vendors during the wedding process can be overwhelming and stressful but the experience with Henry was smooth and fluid. Henry was always well organized, detailed, responsive (always replied to emails within 1-day), personable, professional and just darn creative! His photos were beautiful! They captured emotions, action, settings, you name it he (and his wife, Charlene) snapped it. I was in awe of the MANY priceless moments they were able to capture. Whether it was our engagement session or our wedding session (and despite the conditions - it was unusually cold day for our e-session and a heat wave passed through for our wedding day), he delivered stunning photos along with such a great demeanor giving us such a comfortable experience!

I'd like to add that even after the wedding, Henry was still delivering great service. He worked diligently with us along with his designer to finalize our wedding album. Although we made tons of changes, there was no hesitation on his end to accommodate them.

THANK YOU, HENRY!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Michael and Anita · Married on 09/28/2014

[Anita...] Henry is FANTASTIC. He’s on point from beginning to end. I’m so glad Henry was able to capture our special day. We knew from our ‘skype’ chat that we would be able to rely on Henry and not have to worry about our pictures. He is so energetic and always has an eye for detail. He showed up on time and was aware of his surrounding and knew exactly where to take pictures. He mingled in so well with other guests. Henry is so personal and so friendly he was part of the big day. [Michael...] Every single person who see’s our pictures is blown away by them. I could not be happier with the results. Henry and his colleague Gonzalo were brilliant on the day. Full of life and energy, personable and professional too. And always looking to get the very best shot. The highest recommendation from me - 11 out of 10!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Jeannie · Married on 09/14/2014

Choosing a wedding photographer was extremely important to us. It was the first thing we looked into the minute after we chose our date and our venue. I live in the Bay Area (NorCal) and without a doubt, the San Francisco Bay Area has some talented photographers. We came across a lot of great work but one evening, we stumbled upon Henry Chen's website. His style and his portfolio immediately captured our attention and we knew we had to inquire further. During our first phone call, we discovered that Henry had just finished up a wedding shoot at our venue in Carmel Valley. What are the chances? It was like bells were ringing and the sun was shining down. The answer was clear - Henry was the one!

During our skype consultation, we realized that for such an incredibly talented artist, Henry was very humble. He was kind, very passionate about his work, and overall a very positive person. It was an easy decision and we hired Henry right away.

For our wedding day, Henry and Charlene were bright and early and were ready to get right to work. Henry did an excellent job working on capturing the wedding details while the girls and I got ready. He worked so well with our other vendors and was very flexible and accommodating but still maintained to stay on schedule to ensure we captured everything. Charlene was such a sweetheart and just as talented; and together, they couldn't be a more perfect team. It was without a doubt, a decision made right to hire these two.

Having Henry and Charlene as our wedding photographers - to capture the intimate moments of our wedding day, to capture the story and the emotions behind it all was very special and we were honored to have them a part of our story. THANK YOU HENRY AND CHARLENE!

There's no need to look any further - Henry is the best! :)

Sent on 05/14/2015
  • F

Farrah · Married on 08/15/2014

Henry really impressed us before the wedding with his portfolio and then blew us away when we saw our wedding photos. He really made our special day even more memorable. Him and his colleague did a gerat job capturing the key moments of our day and throughout the night without any complications! I highly recommend Henry Chen Photography to all of my friends and family. His photos are different from other photographers who stick to a format of the traditional poses and shots. Henry has a good eye and snaps the shots that you will cherish forever. I LOVE MY WEDDING PHOTOS!
    Thank you again for all your hard work!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2014

Henry is a true artist. He is professional, creative and his work is amazing. He has a gift with playing with light. Our venue was quite dark, but you couldn't tell from the photos. My family said every time they thought this moment would make a great picture, Henry was there. We look forward to working with him in the future.

Some things that we really liked about Henry:
    - he quickly responded to emails and phone calls
    - he would call and email to ensure we were doing ok and get updates on our plans
    - provided us with templates for time schedules and vendor lists
    - kept us on schedule! Even planned in time for us to relax before the ceremony.
    - you hardly saw him, but he captured every moment
    - he knew many of the family members and wedding party by name
    - his editing skills are amazing
    - the number of photos we recieved were outstanding

Gwen · Married on 08/02/2014

Henry is an awesome photographer! I'm so glad that we hired him to photograph our wedding. The pictures turned out great! He has a great eye for getting that perfect shot...all the time. All of our family and friends complimented us on how great our pictures turned out, and one of our friends even ended up also hiring Henry for their wedding after they saw our wedding preview pictures.

Henry was very professional. He was always very quick to respond to emails and willing to work with us to accommodate our schedule and requests. He set up a phone conference with us before the wedding to walk through our wedding timeline and photo schedule. This helped to reassure me that we were all on the same page and everyone knew what to expect when the big day came. And his execution was right in line with everything we discussed.

Thanks so much for everything and capturing all of those wedding memories for us!

Sent on 05/19/2015

My husband and I hired Henry for our engagement photos, as well as for our wedding. We have nothing negative to say about his work or his work ethic - everything was perfect, and he honestly exceeded our expectations! For our wedding, Henry worked with his wife, Charlene, and we were equally impressed for her work. Both of them are incredibly organized yet flexible, friendly, and have an amazing sense for taking artistic photos. It's clear that they take a lot of pride in their work, and put an enormous amount of thought into what they do. Even though my husband and I exceeded our initial budget for photos, it was totally worth the money. If you want photographers who will capture the spirit and emotions behind your day, rather than simply the events that transpire, you should seriously hire Henry! We wholeheartedly recommend him. We would hire him again in heartbeat.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Meaghan · Married on 07/12/2014

I can't tell you enough how much we loved
    Henry Chen. I wanted to make sure I booked a photographer right after we got engaged because a good photographer was so important to me. I found him online and booked him based upon his professionalism through email and of course his online portfolio. This could have gone very wrong for us but he ended up living up to everything I could have hoped for. He helped us set up a timeline for the day. Him and his wife were on time and helped us stay on our timeline. He found amazing places to take pictures at our venue and was open to my ideas. About a week before the wedding I wanted to add more hours and we was very accommodating with that as well. We got the pictures back in a very reasonable time frame and they were everything we wanted. I definitely recommend Henry Chen!

Natalie · Married on 07/03/2014

When it came time to planning our wedding, my husband and I agreed that our wedding photography would be one of the most important things for us. In comes Henry-- We could not have asked for a more perfect photographer to capture our wedding. When we first met with Henry, we knew immediately that he was THE photographer for us. His pictures were absolutely stunning and his artistic style was extremely detailed and vibrant. Each of his photos make you feel like you are reliving your wedding all over again!! Henry is also extremely professional and was a true pleasure to work with. He was probably our favorite wedding vendor! I HIGHLY recommend Henry for anyone looking to have stunning photographs that will create lasting memories. My husband and I cannot wait to work with him again on future photo sessions :)

Sent on 05/13/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 06/21/2014

This review is overdue on event wire, we worked with Henry & his wife Charlene on June 21, 2014 for our wedding. After our consultation with Henry, I knew he would be a good fit for us and would be able to capture those special moments. I really enjoyed working with Henry, he is a true professional and responded to my emails promptly. He was so supportive throughout the wedding planning process and gave constructive feedbacks to help our wedding run smoothly. He maintained contact with our wedding planner and worked really well with our other vendors. I appreciate his organizational skills and talents. Thanks Henry and Charlene for making us feel so at ease during our wedding. We are so honored and thrilled to be able to share this moment with you both. We received so many compliments for our engagement and wedding photos. You truly made our day memorable and also gave us the gift of reliving the special moments of our wedding!

Sincerely,

Jacqueline P

Sent on 05/18/2015

Alison · Married on 05/25/2014

Henry Chen was the photographer for my wedding in May 2014. We first met him in December 2013 at his office in Long Beach. He made this fabulous presentation, but what sold us was his sincerity in wanting to work with us. There are a lot of gifted photographers in Southern California. Chen and his team (including wife Charlene) are not only talented but also a pleasure to work with. They are thorough without being pushy. They're open to your suggestions but as artists, they have the best eye for the perfect picture. Henry also was willing to give us a discount, and any little help goes a long way in a wedding budget!

Our photos turned out beautiful. We're very happy with the entire experience and recommend Henry Chen Photography to all!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Our wedding was in May 2014, and we booked Henry for our wedding and engagement photos. On our initial meeting at his studio, we immediately booked him on the same day due to his professionalism, quality of work, and endearing personality. My husband and I normally wouldn't hastily book a vendor on the same day as we tend to want to speak to multiple vendors before making a final decision. However, Henry took the time to learn about the both of us and we felt very comfortable speaking with him. The relationship and rapport we developed over the months working with Henry really blossomed into something special. His responsiveness to emails is almost immediate and never hesitates to go the extra mile for his clients. Henry has great talent in photography and we are extremely pleased with the final product in both the engagement and wedding photos. We received so many compliments from our family and friends. I would highly recommend Henry for your wedding photography service. You will not regret your choice. He is reliable, responsible, professional, and has a great eye in capturing unique photos on your big day!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Very professional, excellent posed and candid pictures. Felt very confident that he would capture the day.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/05/2014

Aevitas Weddings is truly an excellent wedding photography company. We initially found him on Yelp, but I did not immediately contact him. I didn't think we could afford him, because his work seemed so high end. However, I sent him our story (how my fiancé and I met and got engaged). Henry was so personable in his response and showed us different packages, all of which I felt were reasonable. I made an appointment with him and two other photographers.

There was no comparison between Henry and the others. Henry wanted to know about us, our background, our friends and family. He was all about the celebration of our love and union. Henry seemed to understand what we wanted as if we had been friends for years. Yet he was professional and we knew he had a good eye.

On our wedding day, he showed up early. That was very nice. As soon as we were ready to take pictures, they were there. I was worried that there was not enough time to include it all, but somehow they made it happen.

At the last minute, I requested specific shots that I hoped he could get. Instead of doing a couple of those they did them all! How did they remember all the details? They remembered everything I asked and a few beauties I never thought of.

They discretely followed us the whole evening. You wouldn't even notice him. This was perfect for candid shots during dinner and dancing. If I wanted to get still shots with guests, they were there. Otherwise, they were capturing all the action plus all my requests on my 5-page itinerary. I don't see how they even took a restroom break. It was pictures, pictures, pictures.

One of the most important investments for a wedding is the photographer. Henry did an amazing job. We felt so comfortable working with him. He captured everything we asked for and then he threw in his own unique surprises. His photography and his work ethic is remarkable and professional and we have no regrets at all.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Anh-Thu · Married on 03/15/2014

How did I not write a review for Henry and his awesome services yet?!?!

When my fiance and I were planning our wedding, we both agreed that the top priority regarding our wedding day was going to be photography, and boy, did we hit it out of the park with Henry! During our initial meeting with Henry, my fiancé and I were absolutely amazed with his wedding portfolio. Henry’s work is truly the definition of “photojournalistic.” We both loved how Henry was able to capture all of the raw moments that comes with a wedding day, and best of all, how Henry’s photos depicts a story of how the day unfold. Henry has a great eye for capturing all of his couples in the best light and posing them so that their best features are highlighted.

As all brides will soon find out, planning a wedding can be quite stressful at times. But having Henry as your photographer greatly helped eased that stressed. I loved the fact that Henry was always prompt with all of his emails, and I should also point out that, while I knew that Henry was really busy with other clients, I never felt left out or neglected.

Fast forward a few weeks after our wedding day, and we already have all of our wedding pictures! Our family and friends could not stop complementing how wonderful our pictures are. Our wedding day was pretty long (14 hours) and throughout the entire time, Henry consistently gave it his 100%. Never once did I not see Henry smiling and capturing every little detail from our wedding day. My fiancé and I are so thrilled with our pictures! Choosing Henry as our photographer was one of the best decision we made and now we have absolutely beautiful pictures to remember our special day. Thank you Henry for your AMAZING work! If we had to do it all over again, we would choose Henry as our photographer in a heartbeat!