Aevitas Weddings Reviews

Aevitas Weddings 5
Aevitas Weddings 6
Aevitas Weddings 7

Shanna · Married on 06/11/2016

I don't even know where to begin. Henry is just amazing. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met and he's super easy-going which helps if you're like me and don't like having your picture taken! We first contacted Henry right after we got engaged as we wanted to do engagement pictures, hoping that would lead into wedding pictures. Of course it did! Our engagement photos were stunning and we actually had a lot of fun that day!! And we got a sneak preview just a couple of days later, which was great.
    Leading up to the wedding day, Henry made sure that he knew exactly what was going on; he was in constant contact and we never felt stressed, wondering if we made the right choice. Photographer is SO important. We even had a skype session with him and our wedding planner about a week before the wedding so that everyone was on the same page and knew the expectations. Even our wedding planner commented and said in all the years she's been doing this, she has yet to meet a photographer who was as detail-oriented and responsive as Henry! He wants to know everything and more importantly, he wants to know what YOU want. And he delivers. He even scoped out our venue before the wedding to get some ideas for pictures! On the wedding day, he was on time and professional. Very courteous with everyone he came into contact with and not pushy or overbearing at all. His assistant was equally professional and talented! My Dad, who is a retired cop and trusts no one, even said that Henry was a good guy :-) Our pictures were fabulous. We got a sneak preview about a week later (that is super fast, trust me) and ALL of our edited, high-res pictures about 3 weeks after that. Again, super fast! I have heard horror stories of people waiting months for their pictures, having to hound their photographers. Henry managed to get everything I requested and then some. Highly recommend Aevitas Weddings; they are THE BEST. Thanks, Henry!

Sent on 07/26/2016
  • I

Isil · Married on 06/03/2016

Henry at Aevitas exceeded our expectations. The quality of his photography was envied by a couple friends who got married shortly before us. His service was also excellent and was a significant help to our event running smoothly

Sent on 09/19/2016
  • Z

Zhiping · Married on 05/08/2016

One of the best decisions for our wedding ceremony was to have Henry as our photographer. When we first met, he was really friendly and considerate. He asked very detailed questions and walked us through the timeline on the wedding day in 15 min slots. After we booked with Henry, he frequently followed up with us and always replied to our emails promptly.

We were lucky enough to have both Henry and his wife Charlene on our wedding day. They worked nonstop from us getting ready to the ceremony then to the reception. We even came to a point that Henry told us "let me know when you want to stop coz I can not stop once I started shooting". I rarely meet someone who is this passionate about his job. After the wedding, many of our guests asked about our photographer and told us that this is the most dedicated photographer they even met in many weddings they participate.

We received our high res photos just two weeks after our wedding. They were organized very well in an online gallery where you can download them to your local hard drive or order albums. All of the photos are carefully selected and edited. I love the color, lighting, angle and especially the people's emotion that were well captured by Henry. We can not wait to share these photos with our family and friends.

We'd like to thank Henry for such a wonderful work and we highly recommend him as your wedding photographer if you are still looking for one. Choose him and you will never regret for this decision.

Sent on 06/29/2016

kaitlin · Married on 05/06/2016

I was just looking through my wedding pictures the other day with friends, and I wish I could express how happy they made me. Henry and his wife worked so incredibly hard to capture every special moment on my wedding day and the results are truly stunning. From our rehearsal to the ceremony to the reception, he not only captured me and my fiancee (now husband), he really was able to encapsulate the spirit and energy of our wedding weekend. Not only were the pictures technically wonderful — well lit and beautifully framed — but Henry really provided me with memories of the most important day of my life. Also, they couldn't be a kinder more lovely couple

Sent on 02/11/2017

Aneesa · Married on 04/09/2016

Not only are Henry's pictures amazing... he is an absolute pleasure to work with as well. We first met Henry when I found him on Wedding Wire and asked if he would be interested in doing our engagement photos as an "audition" for the wedding. I signed us up for a marathon 4 hour photo shoot. By the end of it, we were exhausted! Henry's positive attitude and love for art kept us going. That night, we knew that if the pictures turned out as beautiful as the rest of his work, we would definitely need to have him capture our wedding. At the wedding, he brought his beautiful wife Charlene (who works with him). They are a great duo. Their direction in the pictures was super helpful and their personalities were a terrific complement for the day's activities. Not to mention, all of our pictures turned out GORGEOUS. It's taking me a while to pick "favorites" because they are all so good! I definitely recommend Henry for your event. He does not just take pictures, he captures moments and memories which is worth much more than just a photo.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Michael · Married on 03/26/2016

We gave Henry a tough challenge. An outdoor wedding at sunset overlooking the ocean. So many things to contend with and opportunities for a poor showing. Henry was AMAZING through it all. Not only does he create shots that are truly bridal-magazine quality, but his calm and friendly guidance/advice was a true asset in planning our day. Extremely flexible with his time as well, always working to earn your satisfaction.

Not only that, but everything about the SHARING process with friends and family was EASY. No BS watermarks to deal with or 3 month waits to see shots. All of this for what I felt was a reasonable price as well. Amazing work Henry.

Would HIGHLY Recommend.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Carly · Married on 02/20/2016

Henry is a ROCKSTAR! Nothing but 5 star all around, he truly made our wedding day so special. Every single photo is fantastic, and he was such a pleasure to work with. Always remained calm and made us feel so comfortable. We would use him over and over again and highly recommend to anyone getting married! THANK YOU HENRY!!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

I want to let everyone know how much we loved our photographer: Henry @Aevitas Weddings
    The Aevitas Weddings entire team were UNBELIEVABLE for both our engagement and wedding photos-of course pointing all fingers to the main photographer, Henry. Henry's website is comprehensive and you can really get a feel for his style and professionalism. He has reasonable prices comparatively to people in his caliber. A little backstory: we got married in February and had specific religious considerations. Henry was very organized and wanted details on every aspect of the wedding from important family member's names to the steps involved on a cultural level so as not to miss anything. We had a few meetings to make sure everything was discussed fully. He also asked for a list of the "must have" photos which made the process easy and fluid. Henry is so kind and patient and our engagement photos were spectacular! Charline and Henry made my husband and myself feel like we were in our natural element, like we were hanging out with friends. For our wedding pictures, they were respectful and efficient. Henry takes high quality and artistic pictures-which we love. We cannot wait to see our professional album. Believe me, Henry is not your average wedding photographer. Along with his professionalism and beautiful pictures, he is SO kind and patient and seems to really care about making the best memories last. I couldn't recommend Aevitas Weddings any higher. Thank you so much HENRY AND CHARLINE!
    ~Aliza and Adam

Sent on 07/01/2016

I was recommended to Henry by two other couples who also had the privilege of working with him. We wanted to meet with him prior to selecting him for his services to go over his packages and pricing. When we met him and saw his work, we knew that we wanted him to photograph one of the most special moments of our lives. Henry is so professional and such a kind person. Throughout the wedding planning Henry always stayed in contact to talk about planning the engagement session as well as the wedding day. He is very strategic and definitely does his research for the best places for pictures. When our wedding day got closer, he reached out to us to go over the wedding day timeline. He provided me with so much great information. He also wanted to ensure he had a list of all of the photos I would like with each side of the family or other special requests.

For the day of the wedding, of course everything was hectic. I ended up running late with my hair and makeup. We had a timeline to go by since we chose to do the "first look". We needed to make sure we were ready to take pictures, but I was running about an hour behind. Henry was very calm and did not waste any time in waiting as he continued to take pictures. He was seriously the best person you could ever work with. He is so patient and kind.

We had the opportunity to work with Henry's colleague Brian as well. He was taking photos in the grooms getting ready room. There were so many great moments that he was able to capture. He really did a great job and I was so happy to be able to have those pictures.

My husband and I were so extremely happy to see our beautiful pictures that Henry and Brian did. They came out so beautiful!

If you are reading this post, seriously look no further. This was the best choice we could have made when it came to making decisions for our wedding day!

Thank you Henry!

Sent on 03/12/2016

Sarah · Married on 12/05/2015

I had the pleasure of using Henry as my engagement and wedding photographer. I can't sing his praises enough! When I first found him on the Internet while researching photographers, I was blown away by his gorgeous, vivid photographs! I showed my fiancé (at the time) and he said there was no way we could afford him. I decided to contact Henry anyways and got a response almost immediately! He was so friendly and professional and was willing to work with my budget for my wedding! He answered all my questions thoroughly and even answered questions I did not even know to ask. I knew I was in exceptional hands with Henry. We added a last minute engagement shoot which he happily shot, it was our first time meeting and the weather that day was 100+ degrees that turned into torrential rain. He was so calm and collective and knew exactly how to shoot in those conditions. My fiancé and I were so impressed by him, professionally and personally, he acts like your best friend which made the shoot very comfortable. We received the photos within a few days and we loved them all! I couldn't wait for our wedding day! We met a few weeks prior to get the proper timeline and he has this worksheet you fill out of your family dynamics so that he can be well prepared for a smooth and efficient portrait session. The day of, he brought his beautiful wife, Charlene, to help out. They both made sure we were on time and everything went without a hitch! He captured such beautiful moments and I can't thank him enough. My guests loved him, he was such a gentleman when it came to taking photos, not getting in people's way, not fabricating ingenuine moments. All photos were beautifully edited, I had goosebumps looking at them. Thank you so much, Henry and Charlene! You two have made an indelible mark on my and Bobbys marriage!

Sent on 01/22/2016
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 10/17/2015

In summary, five stars without a doubt, if I could give Aevitas Weddings more than five stars I would! If their photojournalistic style if your cup of tea, contact them asap and you will not be disappointed.

Photography was the second vendor we booked after securing our venue and wedding date. So it was very important to us and we were willing to set aside a healthy budget for it. It is an "investment" ;) I will not be afraid to admit Yelp guided a lot of the vendor searching and Henry Chen Photography (now Aevitas Weddings) popped up on Yelp with stellar reviews and ratings. Ultimately, I let my now-husband decide as he was particularly drawn to Henry's style. As we were planning our wedding from out of town (six hour drive away), we did not have the luxury of visiting local wedding vendors in person as often as we wanted. We appreciated Henry's quick and detailed responses to emails. He also accommodated us with Skype sessions so we could at least meet virtually and have a good conversation. He seemed genuinely interested in us as a couple and was very friendly and approachable. He worked with us on our wedding package as we had already done a casual engagement shoot. He offered to substitute in more wedding day coverage instead. Hooray!

We did not meet in person until the actual wedding day. We instantly recognized him and he introducted his assistant/wife Charlene. Both of them are so easy and nice to work with. They were easily able to capture bride and groom getting ready shots between the two of them and accommodated all of our requests for certain poses and even acquiesced to my mother's nagging requests for certain group shots. They worked very quickly and efficiently. We finished our first look and portraits well before the ceremony. My husband I also noticed that Henry worked very well with our videographer even though they just met for the first time that

Sent on 01/18/2016

Tammy · Married on 10/09/2015

We greatly enjoyed working with Henry! His attention to detail and eye for a great shot makes him an outstanding photographer. We are so pleased with our photos and know that they will provide us with a lifetime of great memories of our special day. He went above and beyond our expectations. Even though we had seen his sample work and how fantastic it was, we were still blown away by the artistry of his work for our wedding. We highly recommend Aevitas Weddings! Thank you Henry!

Sent on 01/21/2016

Linh · Married on 09/27/2015

Henry and his wife photographed our 2 day wedding in September 2015. He is worth every penny. When my husband and I first saw his photographs we immediately gravitated towards his style and artistry. They were phenomenal to work with and helped us get through the 2 day multicultural affair seamlessly. Our families felt very comfortable with both Henry and Charlene. They both put my jitters on the day off the wedding at ease. They are professionals who are highly skilled in what they do. Their personalities just gelled well together and with us. The photos are spectacular. They captured the essence of our wedding, the Sangeet, and Tea ceremony. Every time I look through our photos my heart melts. We are looking forward to getting pay wedding photos done with them soon.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/12/2015

We could not be happier with the job that Henry and his wife did at our wedding. They were consummate professionals, made sure that they got all the right shots, but fit seamlessly into the day without being a distraction. They were always on time and they helped us manage the day and keep all of our different events on time in conjunction with our wedding planner. They did a very good job of arranging the photos that we asked for and also took wonderful candids throughout the day. We were thrilled to receive the photos after the wedding and we got to see some of the first ones just the week after when we were on our honeymoon. We could not more highly recommend Henry.

Sent on 11/21/2015
  • O

Ochia · Married on 09/02/2015

Henry is beyond amazing! He's great at was he does and he's an incredibly nice guy. He really got to know me and my husband, our relationship, and our family dynamic to make sure he captured all of the most important moments with our favorite people in a very natural way. I'm so grateful for him. I have a plethora of amazing, perfect shots to put up everywhere. You can't go wrong with Henry!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Absolutely the best wedding vendor we had for our wedding!!! My husband and I got engaged May 2014 and as an excited fiancee, I quickly did my research for all of my wedding vendors, and got our date set for 8/29/15. I researched online and yelp and I can honestly say that no one comes close to how beautiful and emotional the photos that Henry from Aevitas Weddings can capture. We live in NYC and our wedding was at the Montage in Laguna Beach, CA and even with this long distance, Henry was always so accessible and responsive (very impt!!) My husband and I skyped with Henry- he was thorough and sincere and super organized!! We knew things were meant to be when Henry, coincidentally, had a shoot in NYC and he offered to take our engagement pictures in the big apple without charging any travel fees (some people might try to get more out of you, but I'm telling you guys, he's the best!) Coming up on months before the wedding, Henry would always check in and even give us helpful hints about the big day. Our wedding day was perfect! It went so smoothly because Henry gave us a timeline and really likes to make sure he captures all the special moments! And in the end, we truly can't thank Henry and his wife Charlene for capturing our special day! Every time friends, and family see our photos, they are just in awe with the quality. Quick turnaround for the wedding photos after the wedding was a plus! Coming from a picky girl from new york/orange county...I'm truly happy we went with Aevitas :)

Sent on 01/26/2016

Terri · Married on 08/14/2015

We planned our wedding and reception from overseas. Henry was fantastic, communicating promptly over email and setting up a couple of Skype calls at a time that worked for us (with a fourteen-hour time difference it gets a bit crazy). He took the time to give us a great overview of how we needed to plan out our timeline for the day, and guided us towards what questions we needed to ask and what we needed to think about.

We booked Henry to photograph our wedding reception, which was a week after our wedding ceremony (which was in Yosemite). So, we didn't have a super jam-packed day, but we definitely wanted the getting-ready shots, and family portraits. Henry helped us set up a good timeline for when we needed to be finished with hair and make-up, how much time we needed for 'dress' shots, and getting portraits and such taken before we were swept up with our guests, and it all worked out really well. He even found time at some point to sneak into the reception room before the guests arrived and get shots of the flowers, cake, and tables.

In one of our meetings beforehand we had already given him the lowdown on what family members would be there, and what pictures we wanted to have (aunts, cousins, maternal/paternal extended family, etc.) We ended up with all of the family shots that we wanted, and Henry did a great job of capturing lovely moments for us. His super detailed organization in the months before the big day meant that we felt confident from overseas with what was going to happen, and we are very happy with the photographs we received from Henry. He was timely in his turnaround with getting us our pictures, too.

We definitely recommend Henry and Aevitas Weddings!

Sent on 01/21/2016

Jenni · Married on 07/25/2015

My husband and I believe that Henry and Charlene are the best wedding photographers in all of Southern California! They were extremely nice, organized, professional, and put us at ease from the start. Henry was very comprehensive in his planning for our wedding and was always timely with his responses. We had a wedding with over 400 guests, and we heard many times that Henry and his team were very respectful and delightful photographers. The things we mentioned before are just the icing on the cake because the photographs we received were of a quality like none other. The word that comes to mind is: amazing! Henry, Charlene and Natalie more than captured the joy and beauty of our special day! Thank you, Aevitas Weddings!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Nikki · Married on 06/27/2015

I cannot emphasize enough just how well deserved all this positive, perfect record feedback is for Aevitas Weddings (formerly Henry Chen Photography). Henry shot our engagement photos, and he and his wife shot our wedding photos. It has been a year and a few months since the first consultation and through that time, Henry was consistently responsive and helpful and assuring. If you visit his website, the photos speak for themselves. What these reviews speak to even more is his undeniable professionalism balanced with truly caring for the people he works with and knowing that their stories matter. I was not particularly the easiest bride on the wedding day as I had a nasty cold and feeling utterly miserable in a corset and heels, as we all do. But Henry and Charlene were patient, sympathetic and kind, and worked quickly through portraits. Then throughout the rest of the day, I hardly knew they were there sometimes but getting the photos back, they had captured every amazing candid moment I could have wanted to see and more that I would not have thought of. I am so grateful to the two of them for everything they've done so that we can preserve memories of our entire engagement period and the wedding day for years to come. I would recommend Aevitas Weddings in a heartbeat and argue that there is no better value out there than what you will find with these incredible photographers.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Jonathan · Married on 06/06/2015

We did our Engagement Photos and Wedding Photos with Aevitas Weddings last year. Working with Henry Chen and his wife was an awesome experience. The pictures turns out amazing, and our wedding album is also very good.

Henry would go above a beyond making sure your special day go well as planned. He could even double as a day of coordinator! He made sure everything is on time without missing any important shots and moments. He also would stay behind and provide extra hours for any other worthy shots needed to be taken. For our engagement shoot, Henry gave us 10 hours total with 1 extra hours, and I think for our wedding day he stayed for total of 12 hours. It is definitely well worth the money.

After the shoot, Henry was very prompt with delivering the pictures and they were easy to share and download for you own usage. I would love to see if Henry would do our baby pictures too because I would definitely go with Aevitas.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Elina · Married on 05/24/2015

Henry's talent is unbelievable. He and his team photographed our Indian wedding and reception and we couldn't be more pleased. They showed up on time; captured all details we were hoping they'd include in the photos; and the turnaround time on sending our high-resolution photos was unbelievably quick. Henry and his team are such a pleasure to work with - our friends and family were very complimentary. We highly recommend including an engagement session with Henry a few months prior to your wedding - you'll have a lot of fun and really get to know Henry before your special weekend. Hire Henry Photography - they will deliver results beyond your expectations! Viral & Elina

Sent on 10/23/2015

Bob · Married on 05/15/2015

Henry and his team provide top quality service and photography services for weddings. He indeed makes your most important day, feel just like that! I recommend his services to anyone looking for perfect photos at fair pricing. Call him!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Steve · Married on 05/09/2015

Choosing your wedding photographer is a huge decision. There are so many photographers out there, it can be very difficult to make a decision. It is also a fairly significant expense, so you really want to know you are getting someone who is going to capture all the special moments.

My wife and I are so happy and lucky to have found Henry. From the moment we had our first meeting, we knew he was the one for us. From the first emails we exchanged all the way to the weeks after the wedding, Henry's professionalism was unparalleled. He was so responsive and proactive throughout the entire process. It was like having a wedding planner and photographer all in one. It reduced our stress level significantly to have a photographer that was so on top of everything. Henry guided us through the whole process, start to finish.

I don't want to overlook Henry's ability to make you feel at ease. He had a very stress-free way of setting up beautiful and creative shots. Henry flawlessly integrated himself into all the craziness of the wedding ceremony and reception. Throughout the entire event he was right on point with all the various types of shots we requested during our planning discussions. But there were so many amazing moments that Henry captured throughout the entire event totally on his own. He knew exactly where he needed to be and when.

Choosing Henry for our wedding was by far one of the best decisions we made. If we had to do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing. We strongly recommend Henry! He is a talented professional!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Jason · Married on 03/21/2015

We used Aevitas Weddings for our engagement and wedding photography. We were referred to Aevitas by our wedding planner Cindy at Mad Love Events (who we also recommend). Henry and his assistant did a FANTASTIC job! Henry was very professional and made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. He answered all our questions and address any concerns promptly. We didn't have any worries on our day. He captured our memories for us to keep forever. He even ripped his pants getting the perfect shots! He got our pictures to us with in a few weeks after the engagement session and wedding day. We could not have been more happy with Henry and his work. We highly recommend Aevitas Weddings for any couple looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 07/08/2015

m · Married on 03/14/2015

Let me start with the fact that I changed my WEDDING DATE so I can have Henry as my photographer. This alone says it all!
    He's professional, super responsive and genuinely cares for his clients. Henry calmed my nerves, gave plenty of tips on how to get the best pictures, and most importantly made sure we enjoyed our big day. Thank you for everything :)

Sent on 06/28/2015