Advantage DJ Reviews

Ima · Married on 10/19/2013

From: Ima Moore
    Making Strides against Breast Cancer
    Committee Chair

Mark it was a pleasure working with Mark during our 1st Annual Breast Cancer Campaign /Walk on October 19, 2013. Everyone talked about Mark the DJ, and how he engaged the crowd and kept the crowd very upbeat throughout the entire event. The services Mark rendered for the American Cancer Society’s event was excellent. He was professional in your dealing with us whether it was by email, phone call or text messages. He was always on time and prompt in responding to phone calls and showing up on time for meetings.
    We thank you so much for your dependability and more importantly helping to make our event the best one yet in the Antelope Valley. It was the expertise Mark brought to this event, by being a good Master of Ceremonies and the DJ services, which we are so looking forward to working with Mark again. We want His services again this October 2014 for the 2nd Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” Walk at Maria Kerr Park.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Amy · Married on 07/31/2015

Mark is a true gentleman and a terrific DJ. He gave us great value and was set up with his equipment on time and ready to go. He was fun at the reception and allowed my daughter to do her own dj set for a bit. He is very personable and knows how to get your guests up and dancing. Hire him!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Kathleen · event on: 06/29/2015

Easy to work with and is very trustworthy

Sent on 08/14/2015

Advantage DJ's reply:

It's always a pleasure working with you and Linda for Lone Pine Chamber of Commerce events.

Mark at Advantage DJ was professional and easy to work with. He did a great job with ceremony and dinner music and kept the party going with dance music a well.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Hilary · Married on 09/22/2018

3.5

Excellent DJ! Great music! Kept the party flowing!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Ben · Married on 10/18/2014

3.5

Mark is the best Master of Ceremonies I have ever met. He worked very hard to make my event awesome.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Advantage DJ's reply:

Thanks Ben, your event was very unique and working through all the details was very helpful. Thanks again

Christine · Married on 05/10/2014

Mark provided the music for a small lakeside wedding at Convict Lake and at the reception held at Laurel Ridge. Despite the winds, cold and even snow flurries he was professional and attentive to our guests He managed to find music that keep our guest (ages 10-87 dancing all night. From Neil Young Harvest Moon for the first dance, fun with Motley Crue, Bruce Springsten, The Twist, Kung Foo Fighting for one of our friends, Milli Vanillia as a joke, Cupids Twist and finally capped it off with The Standell's playing Dirty Water (yes, Boston is my home. Mark had it all and I would definetly recommend him for your event.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Advantage DJ's reply:

Your family was great and I also had a wonderful experience.

Len · Married on 10/31/2015

Did a great job at our Halloween event.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Advantage DJ's reply:

Thanks we love the Xantarra Resort and every year Karaoke gets better and better

rich · Married on 12/26/2018

4.2

Mark did a great job with supporting our Rotary Gala Event to raise funds for student scholarships. Well done mark!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • User6038279 · event on: 12/04/2015

2.5

I hired Mark as our DJ for a company Christmas Party. I had never used his services before but the venue that hosted our party had used him. I paid him prior to my party in the amount of $450.00 ($400 fee+ $50 tip). He got there a little before 5pm and was scheduled to stay until midnight. During the night he was invited to eat dinner with us - $50 a plate paid by my company. overall it was a good evening. For the most part, he had all the songs we requested, he played lots of karaoke songs (I am not too fond on karaoke so I asked him to stop playing them). My only issue was towards the end of the night I asked if he would stay an extra 30 minutes so we could continue to dance and he wanted more cash. After a small debate he agreed to stay- no extra charge. Mark was professional and courteous, it was very easy to schedule services with him. I was able to reach him on the first call every time. He arrived on time and was prepared. I would recommend he get more modern music or request that ahead of time. he seemed to play lots of older music.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Advantage DJ's reply:

Thank you, I appreciated the meal and the request for overtime pay is standard after the contract time expires. As A courtesy I was pleased to offer it for free. As your crowd was mostly over 30 I played a rock and appropriate dance set. Thank you again for a fun evening

2.0

DJ Mark was a great host! He was funny, well spoken, quick witted, and charming. However, he did play many songs from my DO NOT play list, and did not play the songs that I requested during certain portions of the night. Overall he kept the party going.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Advantage DJ's reply:

Thanks for the review and critique. I will always have the critical songs for the ceremony and formalities. I do get song requests, sometimes as many as 4 or more pages more and quite often just before an event. I have spent $$ on downloads for requested music. I review them and try my best to fit them into the flow. I also try to play requests from guests so perhaps that is what happened. I'll integrate your feedback and work on improving the show. Thanks

Bill · Married on 02/01/2014

Mark is very energetic and professional. He has top quality equipment, and does what he says he will do.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 05/19/2006

1.6
      1.0
      2.5
      3.0
      1.5
      0.0

Lost our songs and threatened to sue us.

Sent on 04/28/2008

Advantage DJ's reply:

This client played me with the "Christian" religion card and the military we "have no money" card and I granted them a big discount. They spent it on limousines and then complained about everything and asked for their money back. I refused and they wrote false reviews and that's when I had to threaten them with a lawsuit for slander. They also lied, I had their first dance song