Adelaide's Cakes Reviews

12 | Glendora, NJ

12 Reviews for Adelaide's Cakes

• Koch Bride

Siobhan · Married on 09/12/2014

We absolutely loved our cake from Adelaide's and really enjoyed working with Stefanie. Our tasting was really fun and Stefanie provided us with plenty of cakes to try.

The tasting is unique to what other bakers offer as you are provided with over a dozen different cakes (about 6 bites of each kind) and then a dozen different fillings (buttercreams, jams, and spreads). You have the ability to put the different fillings on the cake pieces yourself and Stefanie does give you a few suggestions as well.

Our cake was more beautiful on the day of than we could have imagined and we were so impressed with everything. Our wedding was in Philadelphia and I'd highly recommend Adelaide's to any Philadelphia bride. Many of the bakeries within the city limits would charge 3x more for a lesser cake.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

AMAZING!!!! I cant say enough about Adelaide's....Stefanie is great! Our wedding cake not only looked perfect but tasted fantastic! Everyone raved about how good the cake was...and specifically said it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted! Everything is delicious...so good that we had a hard time deciding on what flavor to go with so we decided on 1 for the cake and 2 more flavors for cupcakes....plus macaroons and brownies which are the best brownies that I have ever had!!! Money well spent!!! Yumm :)

Sent on 07/09/2014

ashley · Married on 05/01/2014

My guests said this was the best wedding cake they have ever had! Everyone took cake home and ate is for the next two days! We were in LOVE with this cake. Lemon pound cake with raspberry filling and italian buttercream, i ate it two days later and it was still better than any other cake ive ever had!!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Hitasha was WONDERFUL. She captured EXACTLY what I was looking for my husbands surprise grooms cake. She was so flexible to schedule tastings and kept in touch with me throughout the months we were planning this together. She made me feel so comfortable throughout the whole process and everyone at the wedding was FLOORED by the cake. It was a "bread and butter" cake and people were even trying to pick it up because they thought it was real bread and butter!! They had no idea it was cake! We ended up making personalized boxes for our wedding and our guests got to go home with a piece of chocolate banana grooms cake, and they all loved it, there was not 1 piece left! :-)

Sent on 01/05/2014

Adelaide's was recommended to my mother by a friend of hers, and I am incredibly thankful for the recommendation! My husband and I were in and out of Adelaide's several times during the whole planning process. Each time we were there, no matter how busy they were, they always took the time to talk to us, answer our questions and put us at ease. The tasting was absolutely delicious and they even helped us come up with some options for the final cake/cupcake design and display! Everything turned out wonderfully and we can't thank them enough!

Sent on 11/25/2013

I LOVE the staff at Adelaides. They took my idea and made the most beautiful cake!! Way beyond my expectation. They took two themes and combined them into this beautiful, perfect cake. It tasted absolutely delicious and the price was exceptional!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Shirl · event on: 07/13/2013

I was so pleased with the cake I ordered for my son's party to celebrate him going off to boot camp for the Marines! I e-mailed a picture of the Marine Corp "Eagle, Globe & Anchor" emblem, and the final product was absolutely perfect!! Hopefully, they will add a pic to the gallery because it was so wonderfully done. The customer service was spectacular and I will highly recommend Adelaide's to everyone I know. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Andrea · Married on 07/12/2012

I highly recommend this bakery. My guest's couldn't stop talking about the cake-- from the fact it looked so perfect they couldn't believe it was real, to how great it tasted!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Lots of awards yet very humble easy people to work with-cake was equally beautiful and yummy

Sent on 09/26/2013
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/28/2010

Hands down my favorite vendor appointment - the cake tasting! With our catering contract, the cake was included if we went to one of the 3 included bakeries, after doing a little research on those i decided to look elsewhere. I found Adelaide's almost by accident, her website is cute and its not far from our reception so I called and made an appointment for a tasting. Stefanie asked me what flavors I had in mind and I had any thing special I wanted to taste. I asked her about a Bailey Irish Cream flavor and she said she would see what she could do. When my mom, aunt, cousin (aspiring baker) and I came in for the tasting we were overwhelmed by the cuteness of the store and the amount and kinds of cake we could try. Stefanie brought out a tray of about 20 kinds of cakes and at least 2 dozen frostings. She had 4 irish cream samples to try out. We ordered a 3 tier cake with 3 different flavors (pina colada pound cake, raspberry & cream pound cake, Bailey's Irish cream pound cake) to feed 100 people and a sheet cake (Chocolate peanut butter). Stefanie was awesome to work with she loved the design i decided on and even made us 3 huge peony sugar flowers. She always responded quickly by email or phone whenever I had questionsand i sent her a bunch on inspiration pictures. When I saw the cake the day of the wedding I was blown away it was perfect and so pretty. I almost didnt get any because at the end of the night there was NONE left. but one of my guests was nice enough to give me her take away box. We didn't save our top tier so i plan on ordering another small cake again and again and again and again until we tried each flavor.

Sent on 09/10/2010

katherine · Married on 10/09/2009

The cake was beautiful, better than I could have asked for. Everyone compliment on the freshness of the cake, it was so moist. One of the best cakes I have had.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Jacki · Married on 10/10/2009

it looked and tasted great and was delivered right on time

Sent on 10/11/2009