Addy Photography Reviews

74 | Jacksonville, FL

74 Reviews for Addy Photography

Brittany · Married on 11/17/2012

Cliff was wonderful! His attention to detail and helpful suggestions were outstanding. He even came to our rehearsal (because he had never been to our venue) so he was familiar with it on the day of the wedding. We couldn't ask for a better photographer. He even provides helpful hints and tips to the whole wedding party to make sure your pictures turn out even better! We would recommend his services to anyone looking for a high quality and reasonably priced photographer.

Sent on 02/26/2013

Absolutely freakin' awesome! Loved, loved, loved these two! Can't imagine anyone else could have nicer, more professional, or more fun to have at a wedding. I really appreciated how nice they were to my 3yo daughter, who can be a major pain in the butt. Oh, and the pictures were awesome, too!

Sent on 10/29/2012

We were extremely satisfied with Cliff & Samantha photographing our wedding. Very professional and pleasant. We enjoyed Cliff's calm yet efficient taking of the family portraits, which is usually the least enjoyable part of the day. His sense of humor really made it somewhat fun. The photos, of course, are beautiful.

Our original photographer dropped out on us at the last minute. We were extremely lucky that Cliff also had a wedding fall through at the last minute and was available. I can't imagine a better photographer. We highly recommend him.

-- Becka & Aaron

Sent on 11/21/2012

Madelyn · Married on 07/07/2012

Great photographer! Cliff and his daughter did a terrific job for us. We really liked how they worked, no bossing us around, just shooting things as they happened. Even during the family photos, Cliff just put us into very natural feeling poses, not a bunch of weird uncomfortable stuff.

We also felt very comfortable with Cliff, they were more like family members than hired guns. This really helped us loosen up and just be us.

And we really like the results! Very beautiful photos and lots of interesting "little" stuff we didn't get to see during the day.

We can't recommend Cliff Addy Photography enough.

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • User2591980 · 2+ years ago

We were totally satisfied with Cliff Addy's work on our wedding. He was very responsive in the months leading up to the wedding (which was more than I can say about several of our other vendors). On the day of the wedding, he was totally professional yet funny and engaging, especially during the family photo time. We really appreciated his lighthearted approach, I've been to other weddings where the photographer was a grouchy dictator just bossing people around. Cliff was always upbeat and fun.

Of course, the reason you get a photographer is the end result. We are very happy with our wedding photos, so many beautiful pictures. I'm amazed that several of my friends and relatives took pictures using their "really good" cameras yet their pictures look NOTHING like Cliff's. He's a pro and makes a living doing this for a good reason.

My husband and I strongly recommend Cliff Addy Photography for your wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Victoria · Married on 05/04/2012

Cliff was a great photographer! There were certain poses that I wanted that he was sure to remind me of through the busy night of our wedding. The album I received was beautiful and beyond my expectations. Even the disk and case was personalized! I wanted our pictures done outside after the ceremony and although we were running out of daylight, Cliff made the adjustments and my pictures turned out wonderful!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Kelli · Married on 03/02/2012

My husband and I have been so impressed and pleased with Cliff Addy doing the photography for our wedding. We had a very non-traditional ceremony and reception planned and worried about finding a photographer who was as flexible and creative as we are. Cliff (and his daughter) were absolutely up to the job. His response to every "can you ..?" question was "absolutely, whatever you're up for"! We loved his style of working during the wedding, very efficient, tons of suggestions (he should be a wedding planner), very proactive in keeping us on time and going the right direction. He was great during the family portraits at posing and directing people, very efficient yet friendly and nice about it. And the end results were great, so many fun and interesting pictures. We can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 07/07/2012

Carroll · Married on 02/11/2012

Did a wonderful job! So very happy with our photos. We really appreciated Cliff's calm demeanor and sense of humor on a very stressful day. Just got our album, even more beautiful than I imagined. Can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Heidi · Married on 02/10/2012

We absolutely loved Cliff! He was great before, during, and after the wedding. We really appreciated his input during the planning. Wonderful on the actual wedding day, even with several "challenges" ;) And he's been so wonderful during the design of our wedding album, which is turning out to be amazing! We already got one beautiful canvas print that hangs over the fireplace of our new home, a wide photo of the sunset on the river that brings back so many wonderful memories every time I see it. We couldn't have been happier with our choice of photographers.

Sent on 09/27/2012

Sheila · Married on 09/24/2011

My husband and I were very pleased with Cliff Addy providing photography at our wedding. As an older couple (40s) we had a very simple, somewhat non-traditional wedding at a friend's house. We were concerned about the ability of the photographer to create good photos when the "normal" elements of a church, reception hall, etc weren't present. Cliff and his daughter (who is charming and sweet in her own right) handled the situation with no problem. We were quite pleased with the non-traditional, informal portraits Cliff captured of us after the ceremony. While the photos of the ceremony, getting ready, etc were quite nice, it was these special inimate portraits of just the two of us that we really loved.

We highly, highly recommend Cliff to anyone needing a quality photographer for their wedding.

Sent on 12/31/2011

Chyenne · Married on 07/30/2011

Cliff Addy was everything I could have wanted in a photographer. Very pleasant, professional, always on time, UNBELIEVABLE photos. The wedding day was such a blur, I swear I don't remember half of it. But Cliff's photos (over 2,000 of them!) showed me everything I had missed. Some of the pictures just make my heart ache, they're so sweet. I can't recommend Cliff enough.

Sent on 12/13/2011

The thing that really struck me when meeting with Cliff Addy the first time was his confidence, he comes across as someone who really knows what they're doing. And he backed up that confidence with superb service and wonderful photographs. We were absolutely sure at every point of the leadup to the wedding, the day of the wedding, and afterward that we made the right decision for our photographer. Cliff asked many questions to make sure he could provide what we wanted. He and his daughter attended our rehearsal to ensure they were familiar with the layout and flow of our wedding ceremony and coordinated with our bridal party to ensure great photos. They were wonderful on the day of the wedding, working quickly, professionally, and efficiently. We were consulted about the design of our wedding album and given a chance to request changes (none needed, it was perfect). The day we got our album was magical, such beautiful work that brought back so many memories. We simply can't relate the full story of how great the Addys were. So many of my friends have tried to cheap out and get a friend or some beginner off of Craigslist and ended up with really inferior photographs. It's a risk you should not take. Cut other things if you must, but make sure you hire a photographer with the experience, skills, and professionalism of the Addys' caliber.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Tina · Married on 06/11/2011

Cliff Addy was an absolutely awesome photographer. Despite somewhat bad weather, he created some of the most beautiful wedding photos I've ever seen. He and his daughter worked very hard the entire day, I don't see how he was able to even drive home after all that exertion! Cliff is so easy to work with, very flexible and accommodating with some of the crazy requests from family members. He was also very, very understanding about one of my very immodest bridesmaids who got a little tipsy and crude during our preparation time.

I am completely and totally happy with Cliff and I recommend him to anyone I meet who's getting married.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Ginna · Married on 12/11/2010

Cliff photographed my wedding in Dec 2010. We were extremely pleased with him and very happy with the results. Because I was finishing my degree in another part of the country, I had to trust my mother to book the photographer, which made me somewhat nervous. However, I found Cliff to be a perfect blend of warmth and professionalism. Some photographers I've been around are too intrusive, trying to be "one of the girls", but he had an excellent sense of when to speak up and when to blend into the background (mostly blending). The actual photos are very nice, a nice mixture of traditional shots and candid fun stuff. I really like the soft, romantic look he was able to achieve. I just saw the draft of my album, I'm now anxiously awaiting the final product. I really appreciated Cliff getting my input into the design, helping make it truly "my" wedding album. I would highly recommend Cliff Addy Photography.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Alison · Married on 11/20/2010

First off, I need to apologize to Cliff for taking so long to write a review for him. He was so wonderful that I feel guilty I didn't come here to sing his praises before now!

Now, with that out of the way, I have to say that you'd have to be nuts not to want this man photographing your wedding. If you've been to his website, you know how amazing his pictures are. Well, let me tell you, as talented as he his, he's even better as a human being. So professional and yet so warm, it was like having my big brother in the room with me. Not only is he an amazing photographer, you know he genuinely cares about making your wedding day the best it can be. He and his daughter were absolutely perfect and got the most amazing, funny, and tender photos of the wedding.

OK, that's it. Amazing photographer, super-duper person, hire him!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Samantha · Married on 03/13/2010

My husband and I had met with a few other photographers before running across Cliff's website online. After reading a little bit about his technique, we decided we would contact him and set up a time to meet. When we first arrived at his house, he informed us that our wedding date was the only Saturday that was open in his books for the entire month of March... this is of course very important in choosing a photographer, making sure they are available :) As we spoke with Cliff, we realized how dedicated and passionate he as about his work and the weddings that he has been a part of. Hearing him speak about his past weddings let us know just how special he felt to be a part of one of the most important days of two people's lives. We truly connected with him and one of the things that I loved most was when he informed us that he was not big on staging shots, he liked to get the shots that truly captured the moments of happiness of the day. Also, how many photographers can you book and expect two to show up on your wedding day? On our wedding day, we had no worries or fears because not only was Cliff there to be our photographer, he was also an incredibly helping hand the entire day. He did not rush anything with us and he captured everything perfectly. I could not have imagined choosing another photographer for our wedding. Now we have received our wedding album and everyone that I have shown has been nothing short of amazed at the product. Flipping through our album brings tears of joy to my eyes each and every time because I feel as if I am reliving our wedding day. I highly recommend Cliff not only based on his talent, but also on his personality and compassion towards the art of photography!

Sent on 05/08/2011
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 01/09/2010

You're going to love Cliff Addy and his photography! During the wedding we felt comfortable with Cliff and his team. They had no problem with our suggestions on which shots we wanted added to their photos. Trust me, you're going to have a million to go through. It's like reliving the event through photos. If someone couldn't make it to the wedding, they can be a part of it by looking at all the wedding photos. We were married and took years to finish our wedding albums because of my husbands military move to Germany. Years... I don't know how Cliff didn't loose interest, our stuff and move on. Cliff never had any issues with us taking our time and was always easy to communicate with via email. Now that I have the finished product, it's perfect! And will be displayed for all visitors to see. You won't regret this pick!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Taylor · Married on 12/19/2009

Addy Photography is a great value for your money! Very professional and prompt. Beautiful pictures and ideas. Very helpful with great creative ideas for pictures!

Sent on 03/08/2013

Jennifer · Married on 03/07/2009

Cliff and his daughter shot our wedding and captured a number of beautiful moments. Having both of them shoot from a variety of angles allowed for great creativity and variety in the resulting product. I was extraordinarily impressed by their determination to deliver the promised service despite their both being rather ill prior to and the day of the event. Such determination was a display of commendable professionalism, and the end product was just a beautiful as ever. We felt very comfortable working with Cliff Addy. He is very down-to-earth and provides excellent advice with regarding the wedding and how to best capture the associated memories. He was very accomodating and took every measure to ensure he met our wants and needs for wedding photography. I would highly recommend Cliff Addy and hope to use him myself again in the future for family portraits and the like.

Sent on 03/26/2009

Stephanie · Married on 02/21/2009

I would highly recommend Cliff to any couple or family for photography services. Cliff and his assistant were extremely professional and a joy to be around. Cliff always got back to us quickly with any questions we had, from what to wear for our engagement session to general wedding questions that had nothing to do with actual photography. It is really nice to have someone on your team who isn't tunneled into "their part," he wanted the whole day to go well for us. When my husband and I have a family, we are defiantly going back to Cliff for our family photos (maybe another day on the beach). The short of it is that you can't go wrong with Cliff. Thanks again for all the beautiful pictures and helping to make wonderful memories!

Sent on 03/27/2009

Erin · Married on 09/27/2008

My husband and I first met Cliff at his home office, after getting engaged in March of 2008. We planned to spend the day "shopping" for photographers, as we'd heard horror stories about inflexible, unprofessional photographers and people being left with "so-so" pictures to document their wedding. Cliff spent over an hour with us, taking notes on the details of our wedding, showing us albums, describing what he could do for us, and just getting to know us. He even looked up our wedding date to find what time the sun would set on our big day! We were so thrilled to find someone who we both clicked with so easily. Cliff is very easy and down-to-earth and after meeting with him, we knew we didn't have to look around any more!

Leading up to and on the day of our wedding in September, Cliff and Samantha were 100% reliable and professional. And what's more, we have BEAUTIFUL pictures to remember our big day by. We wanted our wedding to have a very classic and romantic feel, and our pictures truly portray that emotion!

In addition, Cliff and Samantha offer a full day of photography, from 2 different angles. Most companies charge extra for 2 photographers. Cliff's prices are very reasonable, which was certainly important to me, when I was planning my wedding. However, the quality spells pure CLASS!

I would highly recommend Cliff Addy Photography to anyone and look forward to using their services again!

~Erin & Trae

Sent on 03/27/2009

Jenny · Married on 09/20/2008

Cliff and his daughter Samantha were incredible. Extremely professional yet very warm and friendly. On the wedding day they showed up exactly when they said they would and worked incredibly hard the entire day. I loved the way they just hung out with us. After just a little while it felt like they were part of the family.

Of course, the real test is what kind of pictures we got. Well, they were amazing. So many beautiful, funny, and interesting pictures. I've spent so many hours just looking at the proofs, trying to narrow down what I want in my album. It's been 7 months and I still can't make up my mind, there are so many wonderful pictures!

I was really nervous about hiring my photographer, because I've seen weddings almost ruined by jerks. And one of my friends just cried when she got her proofs because they were so bad. If I had know how awesome Cliff's photos of my wedding would be and how great he and Samantha would be personally, I would have gladly paid twice as much.

Don't take a chance, hire the best! That's Cliff Addy!

Sent on 03/26/2009

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2007

Cliff and Samantha did an amazing job. I fell in love with my wedding pictures. They truly have a gift. The majority of my pictures were not posed. They captured action pictures which are much better than posed. They are super easy to work with and made me feel at ease. If you asked me "Would I use them again?" My answer without a doubt would be "yes." I could not have asked for my pictures to turn out any better! Thank you Cliff and Samantha for helping me capture my special day!!

Sent on 03/30/2009

3.8
      1.5

Our photos are beautiful! We had difficult lighting at the ceremony (10:00am on the beach) and at the reception (in a large darkened room). They did an amazing job capturing all of the details. The only negative was that I didn't hear back when I contacted them the week before the wedding. They finally got in touch the day before, but I was worried and looking for a backup just in case.

Sent on 06/17/2016