adamkentphotography Reviews

adamkentphotography 3
adamkentphotography 4
adamkentphotography 5

Dorothy · Married on 07/05/2014

Our first impression of Adam while reading his reviews on Weddingwire.com was that we he was a very talented professional in his business. However, the most positive reviews of Adam could not come close to describing what a truly special individual he is both as a photographer and a person. From our initial meeting with him we felt very at ease and this carried over to the engagement photos and especially the wedding day. His interacted with us very easily on a personal level which made 'posing' for the camera much more natural, our smiles genuine and not forced. Adam displayed great flexibility when we had some ideas on settings which may have not been ideal light for photography but nonetheless he and his assistant, Josh, went along with the plan and were able to produce some very beautiful memories for us. As an example, after we left the main photo session at a garden area we decided on the spur of moment to take some photos on the Pacific Coast Highway near Point Mugu Rock while on our way to the reception. He produced some photos that were fantastic and well beyond our expectations. Through the engagement session, wedding and reception Adam and Josh provided Dorothy and I some very memorable and gorgeous photos. Lastly, we feel we received an exceptional value, some superb memories captured on film (or pixels) and a person who we would consider a good friend.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Kay · Married on 06/21/2014

I was impressed with Adam from the very beginning. I found him through Wedding Wire. I was getting married on a beach; so I was looking for a photographer who was familiar with that setting and the outdoor lighting, etc.. I sent him an inquiry through his Web site, and he called me within about two minutes. That blew me away because some other photographers took a few days to respond to me. He was very helpful over the phone and explained everything thoroughly, and we worked out a price and package that was in my budget. My one splurge on this wedding was the photographer. (When my wedding dress came in under budget, my mom said to me, “Now, you can have the photographer you wanted.”)

Fast forward to the day of the wedding. I had booked Adam for eight hours, from 1:00-9:00. He showed up at the venue early and was ready to go when my bridal party and I arrived. His wife, Lacey, was his assistant photographer. You must have two photographers! The variety of pictures and viewpoints are outstanding. Although I was fortunate to get married on the beach where photography is allowed from every angle, I know, if we had gotten married in a church, some of these shots wouldn't have been possible. Adam and Lacey were wonderful. They were fun to work with. They were so friendly, and my friends and family also commented about how smoothly everything went.

When Adam sent me the pictures, I cried from how beautiful they were. I couldn’t believe it. I was able to live that day over again. He captured the day perfectly. He has a great eye for the little details, like photographing the rings, even my shoes, garter, etc. The pictures were so vibrant and full of life and exactly how I remember that day being. We have received so many compliments on these pictures. I would definitely recommend Adam. I asked my husband whether he wanted to add anything to this review, and he just said, “He takes amazing pictures.” You can’t go wrong with Adam Kent as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Heather · Married on 06/15/2014

Adam was amazing. It's been a couple of months since my wedding, and I think the best decision I made (other than my husband!) was choosing Adam as my photographer.

He was very professional, and very personable. He made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. He had great advice which helped the whole process run very smoothly. organized to the max!

If you are hesitant and are reading this review- stop thinking and give him a call. Thank you Adam!!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Adam Kent was AMAZING!!!! We are both shy... he made us feel SO, SO COMFORTABLE and SMILEY. We had so much fun during our engagement session. By the time our wedding came around, we ended up owning the camera :) Our pictures came out so good, he captured genuine emotions. His camera tells a story, everything from the background, the décor, the way he directed our steps.... just beautiful.... He is not a photographer, he is a MAGICIAN ... we didn't think our pictures could possibly be that beautiful and he made it happen!! He was such a fundamental part of our special day, the guidance we received from him, he was so super nice to our families, he knew how to keep us calm though out the whole day, his experience is second to none, he is very fairly priced for all the experience and knowledge that he brings.
    We give him 11 out of 10.... way above and beyond his job.... we absolutely love him!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/30/2014

Adam was delightful to work with from the start. My husband and I started with an engagement photo session in January. I had to cancel the morning of the shoot and Adam rescheduled with no complaints or hesitation. When we did arrive for our shoot he made us feel comfortable and excited. My husband and I had never done a photo shoot together so we were both nervous about everything coming out well. Adam gave us great direction the entire day and we ending up LOVING our photos. We had a lot of difficulty choosing the photos for our Save the Date since they were all so good.
    For our wedding Adam took out all of the guess work. He helped us come up with a timeline that made sense and he called me ahead of time to confirm everything (where as other Vendors I had to call them). On the wedding day, Adam arrived early and dressed professionally (I've seen photographers show up to weddings in inappropriate attire). Our bridal party was running late, but he was flexible with the timeline and adjusted to keep it stress free. Throughout the day his energy kept us all smiling and laughing. I hadn't realized how much time you end up spending with the photographer on your wedding day, but it's a lot, they're basically part of your bridal party. Adam is very charismatic and has a great personality. He fit in with our group like an old friend. My husband and I both agreed that without him as our photographer our day wouldn't have been the same. If you're looking for a wedding photographer I can guarantee Adam will capture all the small moments and details, even the ones you don't see.
    Adam told us 4-6 weeks for the edited photos, but sent me them in less than half the time! And they're perfect! You can see some of them on Instagram @brittanygallardo
    I would highly recommend Adam Kent for your events.

Sent on 06/15/2014

Lily · Married on 05/10/2014

Adam is a fabulous photographer. Not only is he incredibly gifted with his camera, but he is a joy to work with. Adam provided my husband and I with so much guidance through our wedding and during the planning process to make sure we had the best experience possible. He does a wonderful job of capturing the special moments of your day; most of my favorite photos are the candid ones he took. Adam listened to everything I wanted and always gave me his honest opinion, but was more than happy to do exactly what I wanted. Choosing Adam to be my photographer was one of the best decisions I made for vendors and I hope to be able to use him to capture other special moments in my life.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Katie · Married on 04/18/2014

Adam is so talented and professional! His work is beyond worth the price. If you want the most beautiful wedding pictures ever, hire Adam!!!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Han · Married on 03/29/2014

Be prepared to be blown away by Adam's work. No joke.

We used Adam for our engagement photos and wedding and I'm still patting myself on the back! Adam was professional, but was fun and funny the entire time. Kept me and my (now) husband calm when our family and nerves were starting to get to us. Made the entire experience a breeze with his expertise and experience. If you want the kind of photos that you can hang on your wall and remember the exact feeling you had when you were dancing the first time as husband and wife/ the moment you hugged your best friend when she knew was so joyful for you/the moment when you danced with your dad and he was so proud-- hire Adam. I'm not kidding. You will not regret it.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Jennifer · Married on 03/15/2014

I was referred to Adam from a friend whom had Adam as his photographer at his own wedding. I researched his work & read his reviews and was very impressed. My husband Rich (then fiancé) called and talked over an hour on the phone about our stories, learning & sharing about one another. Adam really understood how priceless the pictures on your wedding day are. We had to book with him that night!!! It was the first thing we bought and so glad we saved that portion of our budget for photography by Adam. The day of our wedding We had him and an assistant shoot so that Adam could focus on those moments between Rich & I and the assistant could focus on the guests and details we might otherwise have missed out on. He was so calm & very easy going. And the pictures!!!!!! Where do I even begin??? I received then edited & ready to order in only 3 weeks and wow. I was blown away. As we looked over the photos it was like we were at our wedding day again and I teared up. He captured our perfect day in such an amazing way. They are beautiful pictures and I plan on ordering just about every one! I will definitely be recommending him to everyone of my friends whom gets married in the future. He was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding.

Sent on 04/11/2014

Keleigh · Married on 02/24/2014

What can I say I have known Adam for years and had recommended him for a friends wedding. Her pictures turned out so amazing and when my turn came I had no doubt in my mind he was going to be my photographer. He knows how to capture moments and edit images like you stepped out of a magazine which is exactly what I wanted. I'm so grateful to know him and to have had him a part of our special day. Thank you Adam!!

Sent on 03/16/2014

The absolute single most important thing when planning our wedding was finding the right photographer. We wanted to be sure that the pictures would be spectacular, but equally as important, we wanted to make sure we "clicked" with the photographer. Our search began and ended with Adam. His pictures are stunning, which anyone can obviously see just by checking them out. More importantly, he completely put us at ease and was SO fun to work with! The engagement session was so much fun and much necessary as it helped calm any photo nerves and camera shyness before the big day. We were blown away by our engagement pictures!

On our wedding day, Adam and Matt made the photo experience a complete blast! They were organized and efficient, and didn't miss a beat when it came to catching the most important moments of the day. Our pictures are more amazing than I could have dreamed! Adam truly has an eye for catching incredible shots, and the editing took the photos to a whole new level. The photos are so vivid and perfectly capture the emotions of the day. Going through the pictures, we felt as if we were living our wedding day all over again.

Beyond the pictures, they were so much fun to have at our wedding and it truly felt like they were part of the group by the end of the night. I can't say enough nice things and our friends can't stop talking about how much fun they were! Thank you Adam!!!

Sent on 03/07/2014

cathy · Married on 01/11/2014

Adam is great! Hes passionate, honest, and cares about making sure the wedding is fully documented with photos. He caught every special moment at the wedding and was fun to work with. We received our pictures quickly, and couldn't be happier. Also, he doesn't post his name all over the pictures like the other photographers do. He just asks that if you post them, you refer him as the photographer. We were very lucky to book with Adam and we plan on using him for our future events.

Sent on 02/23/2014

I'm usually skeptical when I see a vendor with all five-star reviews, but in this case, Adam and his team have earned every star. They were both professional and fun - a combination that made for a wonderful wedding. They had the experience to know what types of shots would turn out best - and the flexibility to allow us to suggest our own. Everyone's loved the photos we got back, and we have gotten nothing but compliments about how they treated everyone with respect and a smile.

Very highly recommend :)

Sent on 12/13/2013

Dawn · Married on 11/02/2013

Adam Kent is a true professional with a very artistic eye. Adam was able to capture the most incredible moments for us on our wedding day. In fact, he captured THE SHOT for us. We had a destination wedding in the Eastern Sierra. It had just snowed two days prior to our wedding. Here we are standing on a large rock on the lake with the snow covered mountains providing the backdrop. It was breathtaking! When this photo got posted on a social media site, the comments read like this "this is the most beautiful photograph I have ever seen". We now have that moment to remind us of our perfect day, our love of the mountains and our love of each other. We can't thank Adam enough and look forward to working with him again in the near future... anniversary photos!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Christy · Married on 10/19/2013

Adam was an amazing photographer and extremely easy to work with. He was also very helpful, as he was the one to help tie my corset and bustle my dress. I loved working with him and would and have recommended him to others. Extremely satisfied with Adam and all of the photographs we received.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Cameron · Married on 10/12/2013

When my now wife and I were planning our wedding, we didn't have the slightest idea on where to start, especially when it came to a photographer. Luckily we had been invited to a close friends wedding where we were able to do a lot of idea brainstorming for our wedding. It was there that we got to see AK Photography in action. And at one point during the evening AKP took a quick shot of me and my then girlfriend from across the room. A few days later AKP contacted me with that picture. My wife and I were so happy with what we saw from that one picture that we decided to start doing some research on his Photography business for our wedding. After reading a few reviews and looking at some sample photographs we were sure we found the right photographer. And WE DID!!! AK Photography was more than accommodating with some of our more out of the box requests and nit-pickiness. AK Photography did a more than fantastic job of capturing the entire night on camera. After looking at our pictures we were literally able to re-live the day from the very start to the very end. Its a relief to know that all we have to do is look at our wedding pictures and we will be able to relive the whole wedding. AK Photography did exactly what we wanted and we have so many great memories caught on camera. Perhaps my favorite part is that we get full size/original pictures on file to do whatever we please with.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Carolyn · Married on 09/28/2013

We planned our wedding in a relatively short time frame and on a moderate budget so we had to rely on friends and family for help in finding vendors. We were very lucky that some close friends had just had a family wedding and recommended Adam highly. I reached out to him and he was responsive and was willing to find a way to work within our budget. I am so happy that he did. He and his wife both came to the wedding and took photos and they were both such a pleasure to work with. They brought out the best in all of us, which was probably not easy when working with a large diverse group of people on a day that can be a bit stressful. But they were really amazing at making it feel fun and making everyone feel comfortable. I can't tell you how many people complimented me based on his wonderful work. We now have his wonderful photos and they are just exquisite. They capture the day from start to finish - the people, the joy, the love, and the laughter - something that is so very us. And there are so many beautiful artistic shots of things like the rings and flowers that we would never have imagined, but absolutely love. We highly recommend using Adam for any event, but especially for a day like this that you want to be the highlight of your life.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Jared · Married on 09/27/2013

Adam was very accommodating in every way. My wife and I really felt that his passion and love for what he does and what he wanted our day to be was shown from the first time we met him.

Sent on 11/02/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2013

Adam Kent photography did an AMAZING job on my wedding photos!! I love my photos and could not have found a better photographer!! Adam was very professional and a lot of fun to work with!! He really captured all the special moments of my wedding. I love looking at all my photos and sharing them with my friends and family. Thank you Adam Kent photography I could not happier!!

Sent on 10/20/2013
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 08/25/2013

Adam Kent Photography is AMAZING! Adam Kent is extremely talented and creative he is able to capture the feeling of the moment in a photo. He makes the photo shoot feel to effortless and comfortable, we first had the pleasure of working with Adam for our engagement photos they were absolutely perfect.

Our Wedding photos..... well I'm absolutely IN LOVE with every single picture. Being able to look at my photos and know the exact feeling I had in that moment is incredible. We will forever cherish our special day Thanks to Adam Kent for his spectacular work.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Gemie & Brent · Married on 08/24/2013

Adam provides a great service--we loved our engagement and wedding pictures! He is very professional and very friendly. He was able to make us comfortable during the shoots and made us laugh the entire time. We are so glad he was our photographer because now we have awesome pictures that will help us remember our wedding day.

Sent on 09/17/2013

tiff · Married on 08/17/2013

Adam was great!
    We got way better and beautiful shots than we expected. Every photo came out really nice and he captured every beautiful moment that we would never remember. Responsible, flexible, professional, easy to work with, and excellent photos; what else would you expect from your photographer? I would definitely recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Leslie · Married on 07/27/2013

Adam was literally a gift from heaven! After a snafu with a family member who was going to take photos, I had to find a photographer within 30 days of the wedding. Found Adam on a service site where I had gotten responses from approximately six photographers. Of them all, his photos showed me what I wanted in my photos: creativity, candidness, and excellent photography skills. Spoke with Adam on the phone and he immediately put me at ease. He is very personable, professional and experienced. He worked with me and we negotiated a fee based on my budget. He made himself available via email and phone to answer any questions. He was willing to work with us (not just for us, but with us!). I actually had my first face to face meeting with him on the day of the wedding.
    He got great shots of everyone! Amazingly, he was quite "invisible" at both the wedding and reception. He worked wonderfully with the wedding party and got both the traditional and "custom" poses they wanted. I was very pleased with the comments I received from both wedding party and guests regarding his professionalism and attitude.
    I was so confident in his abilities, I referred him before I saw a single photo he had taken! Needless to say, I was not disappointed when he sent me the link to over 400 photos.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Adam was wonderful to work with. His great personality and exceptional photography skills captured every moment of our wedding and allowed us to be ourselves. We highly recommend Adam for any event.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Andrew · Married on 07/12/2013

You wedding photography is a big part of your wedding - and Adam Kent Photography certainly delivered.

Their creativity and ability to capture moments as they happen only can come with talent. This is something that cannot be learned (as we saw by speaking with two other photographers before finding Adam). While both Adam (engagement and wedding photos) and Matt (wedding photos) were shooting, they were fun and very funny. They open you up to being comfortable around the camera which in turn makes for better pictures for you.

Plus, listen to his suggestions - he suggested that we take wedding photos before the ceremony (unlike most weddings which attempt to SQUEEZE it into a cocktail hour). We were able to casually (and creatively) take more photos and not be rushed by attempting to squeeze them in a single hour. The pictures turned out great! Adam will walk you through and answer whatever questions you may have from your engagement photos to your wedding day.

Adam delivered the photos two weeks ahead of schedule! Upon delivery, Adam sends you an e-mail with your own link which has the final photos listed in a dropbox style webpage. You can order prints or download them all and print them out yourself. Its easy!

We cannot express how impressed we were with Adam Kent Photography! We highly recommend.

Sent on 08/27/2013