Active Entertainment Reviews

Active Entertainment 5
Active Entertainment 6
Active Entertainment 7

Megan · Married on 09/08/2017

Active couldn't have been the more perfect DJ for our wedding. Joe checked in with us several times before the big day to make sure everything was what we wanted. He took care of everything from us walking down the aisle until the last song of the night. He even brought us water while we were on the dance floor. He made sure everyone was having a blast. Hands down the BEST DJ out there!! Thank you so much Joe!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Active Entertainment's reply:

Megan, Thankyou for the great review....we are so glad we were able to be apart of your very special day! Your family & friends really know how to have a great time. We love when are wedding are as fun as yours was. Thanks again, Dj Joe

Cindy · Married on 08/18/2017

We received so many comments at our son's wedding what a great DJ we had! Joe's great at involving everyone while making the bride and groom the focus of the event. Awesome entertainment and top notch equipment. Active Entertainment is the BEST!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2017

Joe made us feel so special on our big day! He kept everyone dancing all night. He was always making sure we didn't need anything! From our first meeting to leaving at the end we made us feel important and amazing!!! Thank you for everything Joe!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

We had DJ Joe for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing! Everyone loved the set up and how engaged he was with the guests! We definitely recommend Active Entertainment for your event!!! Thank you Joe!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/17/2017

We used Active Entertainment for DJ services, uplighting and photobooth for our wedding. Chuck was our DJ and he was wonderful! He spent time meeting with us twice before the big day to make sure all of our expectations and needs were met. He is so experienced and had such great ideas for the reception.
    Chuck was very detail oriented. He checked on me in between the ceremony and reception to make sure I had enough to eat and drink, and even got me a plate of appetizers after pictures. He made sure to take the crowd into account when playing music. He covered all genres and every age-level was satisfied! We received many compliments on the music selection and Chuck's fun delivery. Chuck was a true professional; he recovered very nicely when a cord blew, and fulfilled my mom's request to have light-up leis available during dancing.
    The dance floor was never empty during the reception (which was definitely fear of mine). The photobooth was super fun, and the uplighting looked gorgeous. Chuck worked with our decorator at the venue to make sure everything was perfect.
    Thanks so much, Active Entertainment and Chuck Spencer, for making our wedding reception so fun!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Christina · Married on 10/08/2016

We have been to a lot of weddings in the past few years and DJ Joe has been the best! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day, even days after we are still getting compliments! Thank you Active Entertainment for making our day that much better!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Carlie · Married on 10/01/2016

Wedding 2016

Joey Fila made my wedding&rehearsal the success that it was! I had forgotten to invite my officiant to the rehearsal dinner 😳 So Joey went through the whole process for us (like it was his job) until we got it down! Then on wedding night he worked so hard setting up the lights to make the room look magical. He made the event personal to my guests (suggested playing other newly weds first songs), got everyone up to dance&made sure it was a good time. Im so glad i chose Active Entertainment for my special day!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Anna · Married on 08/20/2016

Active Entertainment was amazing! Jeff Henning was accommodating, friendly, helpful, flexible, and did an excellent job being our DJ. He was very outgoing and wanted to do whatever we wanted. The only thing I would have changed is giving him the exact list of songs we wanted to play.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Brianna · Married on 07/30/2016

DJ Joe was amazing! He did a fantastic job at our wedding! Would highly recommend him to anyone. Very personable and friendly and did everything we asked him to do!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Mary · Married on 06/17/2016

Joe and Jeff were the most tentative people we have ever met! They were nice and assuring that our special day would be nothing less than PERFECT. They made our wedding night more than we could have ever imagined. I don't think there is anyone better then them! Everyone at our wedding kept saying what a great entertainment we had and our dance floor was never empty. If we were to ever have another event, we wouldn't go anywhere else. Anytime we needed to get ahold of them, they were very responsive and met with us every time we asked to meet. They are very laid back and really showed us that they truly cared about us and our night. It was very nice to get to know them and now we consider them our friends. Active entertainment makes you feel assured about your night and they will make sure you are satisfied 110%. Their customer service skills go above and beyond! Thank you so much for everything you did for us! You are all our friends and family talk about!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Boone · Married on 06/11/2016

Jeff did a great job listening to our concerns and accommodating every one of our needs. I would definitely recommend Active Entertainment!

Sent on 09/12/2016

James · Married on 05/14/2016

DJ Chuck was funny and made every effort to make sure both us and our guests were happy. If we should need a DJ again, we're looking here first.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Active Entertainments 'Joe Fila' is the BEST DJ around!! He goes above & beyond and is just so awesome at what he does. He will make your event go smooth like butter! He not only DJs but he takes care of time management and stays on top of everything so that you can relax and have fun. They also have amazing slide shows that you can use, light shows, a photographer (one if the best & top-rated in Michigan) photo booths and more! I would recommend these guys to ANYBODY for ANY event. They have the experience and expertise you want! Thanks to Active Entertainment our wedding reception was fantastic and so much fun! ??

Sent on 05/04/2016
  • Kayla

Kayla Comtois · Married on 02/13/2016

DJ Joe is the BEST in Michigan! 💙

DJ Joe is the BEST in Michigan! 💙 He sits down with you and really hones in on your personal music interests and uses it to create such a FUN atmosphere for everyone! He also gives great advice as far as running the schedule for your whole night! Also, I remember him coming up to me 20 minutes in advance on my wedding day to let me know what would be happening next so I was always prepared. He kept everything running so smooth all night long. He is amazing! We recommend him to EVERY bride and groom. He’s got years and years of experience and he has an awesome reputation.

😍 Oh and his setup/uplighting... ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!!

Sent on 01/26/2019
    Active Entertainment 19
    Active Entertainment 20
    Active Entertainment 21

Audrey · Married on 09/18/2015

Working with active entertainment was a great experience and I would recommend them to everyone! They made sure to go over everything step by step with us and on the day of made sure we had nothing to stress over and ran our reception smoothly. They also provided ceremony music for us and I put my trust in them to choose most of the music it was absolutely beautiful! I could not have asked for better.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Douglas · Married on 09/06/2015

Joe was by far the best DJ I have ever seen or worked with! He answered all of our questions and made our wedding go absolutely fantastic! All of our guests said he was the best they've ever seen or heard. I would recommend him to anyone looking to have a great reception and awesome party! They rocked out wedding all night long! Thanks again Joe and Active Entertainment.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Courtney · Married on 08/15/2015

Amazing service!! We knew after our first meeting that Active Entertainment was going to make our wedding a night to remember! I can't even count the number of compliments we received on their services... Everything was perfect, from the ceremony to the packed dance floor ALL night! So many people told me they danced and they don't ever dance, so obviously good music had them on the dance floor! I would recommend Active Entertainment to anyone looking for an outstanding wedding and for all of their guests to have a blast!! Thank you again for making our wedding go down in the books as one of the greatest nights of all time!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Dan · Married on 07/25/2015

Joe Fila with Active Entertainment was extremely professional to work with, had creative ideas, and was an awesome emcee for the wedding! We would recommend Joe and Active Entertainment to anyone looking for a professional entertainer to get the party started and to keep the party going all night.

Joe played a variety of music, interacted with our guests, and had great communication with us leading up to the wedding and throughout the night which we appreciated.

Up lighting was a part of our package and the lights looked great and improved the entire look of the room.

We met Joe at a bridal show and his energy was contagious! We knew we wanted Joe as our DJ right away and was excited he was available.

Wish we could give him 6 stars!

Thank you!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Laura · Married on 07/11/2015

So many people commented on how they haven't seen a dance floor that packed at a wedding in a long time. You guys kept the party going until the very end. The photo booth was also a wonderful addition and it was packed all night! We have already enjoyed the book of photos with personal messages you gave us. They played the kind of music we wanted and all generations had fun dancing. The DJs took plenty of time planning with us and they never made us feel rushed. You guys did an awesome job and I've already recommended you to other brides. Thank you Chuck and crew for making our night!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Kayla & David · Married on 06/27/2015

We had a great wedding. We had Joe Fila as our DJ and we also got uplighting too. Joe went around and changed all of our blue color to a teal color to match all of our decorations. He also made a first dance mix so we could surprise our guests. He also worked with my sister without us knowing so she could rap her maid of honor speech! It was a great time and I appreciate everything Joe did for us! Thank you Active Entertainment and Joe for making our day so special!

The Ehrhardt's

Sent on 07/14/2015

Angela · Married on 06/20/2015

Using Active Entertainment for our wedding was by far the best decision that we made. I had contacted another DJ company in the area before calling Active Entertainment. Besides a DJ, my husband and I absolutely wanted up-lighting for our whole venue. The "other" DJ tried to promise the moon, however, insisted that we only needed up-lighting for our head table despite me telling him exactly what I wanted. After going back and forth I knew I had to try someone else. I had called Joe Fila from Active and all of his DJ's were actually already booked up that day, however, they also have up-lighting as one of their services. He knew exactly what our venue looked like and envisioned everything we wanted with the lights. Even though all of his DJ's were booked, Joe did all he could to help me out. He even offered to give me other DJ's numbers in the area that might be available on our day, but said if I couldn't get anywhere with them, to give him a call back. When the other DJ's were also booked, I called Joe back. He offered to give us two of his up and coming DJ's to do our wedding along with the up-lights. Even though these DJ's hadn't done as many weddings as the veteran DJ's, I couldn't refuse. He kept my husband and I in the loop with everything up until the day of the wedding. The week before the wedding, Joe called and said that two of his best DJ's, who were scheduled to do a wedding, were available because the other wedding was suddenly canceled. He put them on to do our wedding with the other two. Active entertainment had everything set up the Wednesday before to make sure everything was perfect. Brad and Jason, the two added DJ's were by far the life of the wedding. The song choices and lighting were spot on. I can't say enough good things about Active Entertainment and would recommend them to anyone looking for each and every service they provide. Thanks for all of your help and for making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Bryan · Married on 06/20/2015

WOW!!! These guys are great! From the moment we met the guys from Active Entertainment at the Novi bridal show, we knew they were the DJ for us. They were very professional and took the time to make sure all of our needs were met leading up to the wedding. Rick Diaz (Ricky D) was our DJ on our wedding day. He did an awesome job entertaining our guests and keeping everyone dancing all night long! We couldn't have asked for a better overall experience. Interview Active Entertainment for your wedding day, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/06/2015

Joe did an awesome job!!! The music was great and with the uplighting my wedding tent looked purple!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Laura · Married on 05/02/2015

DJ's Jason and Brad from Active Entertainment DJ'ed our wedding reception two weeks ago, and they did an amazing job. Everyone at Active Entertainment have been so flexible, friendly and awesome! Jason and Brad were very good about letting me and my husband know what was coming up next (cake cutting, first dance, bouquet and garter toss, etc), so we would be ready to participate. I had also made several picture slide shows for each dance (father-daughter, mother-son, and first dance) as well as a large compilation of pictures of our family and friends who would be there to play throughout the night. We were so happy and excited to see those slide shows being played during each dance and throughout the reception and are so glad Jason was able to do that for us. They took our preferences in to consideration, as well as their expertise, and played a good variety of songs to keep everyone of every age happy. We are still hearing from our guests how awesome of a party it was and how great of a time they had, and a large part of why was our DJs!!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Chelsee · Married on 05/02/2015

Dj Chuck was absolutely amazing!! He went above and beyond all expectations I had when booking my Dj. Aside from keeping our dance floor full and interacting with out guests,Chuck always made sure my husband and I were taken care of. He came up to us constantly throughout the night making sure we had drinks, we're pleased with the music selection, and asking if there was anything he could do for us. We received compliments on Chuck for weeks after our wedding! I honestly can't put into words how pleased we were with the service we received. I will without a doubt recommend Active Entertainment and especially Dj Chuck to anyone and everyone looking for Dj services for any event!

Sent on 05/22/2015