ACT 3 Catering Reviews

87 | Seattle, WA

87 Reviews for ACT 3 Catering

Kim · Married on 11/23/2013

I hired Act 3 to cater and bartender my November wedding at the Kelley Farm. Donna was awesome to work with and helped to create my wedding day vision. She met with me several times and helped me to pick out and create a beautiful buffet table. The food at the wedding was great, we had some leftovers (and some people had seconds!), the servers and bartenders were great too. They provided snacks for the wedding party and offered us a special treat for being active military. Choosing Act 3 was one of the best wedding decisions I made and I would highly recommend them to others.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Candi · Married on 07/27/2012

one word....EXCELLENT! I would highly recommend ACT 3 for catering. Prices might seem a little high, but the care they took and the presentation they did at our daughter's wedding was well worth it.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Great food, great service, great price! They don't make wedding cakes anymore but they did make the most amazing cakes so I'm glad I was able to have them do it. Their prices are the most reasonable I was able to find and you couldn't tell from tasting the food. All of it was amazing! We got all the leftovers and they were good 1 week later! Yum!!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Lindsay · Married on 12/12/2010

I have had a great time working with Act 3 catering to figure out my AHR. No finalized details yet, but their communication has been amazing!

Sent on 03/18/2011

Jenny · Married on 05/29/2010

This caterer was wonderful to work with. Kelsey is the wedding planner and she was very responsive and easy to get a hold of.

Their food is absolutely spectacular. They have a beef and onion crostini appetizer that is delectable!! Their food is reasonably priced and the portions are generous. We had a plated salad with a buffet dinner. They were very responsive to work with me on how to present the salad dressing options so the vegetarians didn't feel singled out. They also found dishes for me at the eleventh hour to put the candies in after I couldn't find anything I liked.

The service was impeccable. The waitstaff and the bartenders were quick to pick up plates and to serve drinks. The bartenders were very quick and there was rarely a line that I noticed at the bar.

They have options for you to serve your own alcohol if you like, but their selection was fine with us, so we used their open bar service. You pay per person and then they get as many drinks as they can handle. The cost per person is close to what two drinks cost, so it was much cheaper to go that route than to pay by the drink or the bottle.

If you're going to book them, try to schedule your booking during one of their monthly tastings. They offer incentives during their tastings to book right then. We got a free chocolate fountain (something we never could have done otherwise - they're surprisingly expensive) for signing up at the tasting.

The only bad thing was that the chocolate fountain didn't work, so it turned into chocolate fondue, but everyone got their chocolate fix, so they were happy. And it was free so I can't complain about that - if I had paid $1200 for it, I would not have been happy.

Sent on 06/16/2010

Corey · Married on 02/18/2010

What a nice catering service which had expertise in catering weddings.Act 3 Catering did a good job for our wedding and were real easy to explain what we needed.

Sent on 03/09/2010

Sherri · Married on 05/02/2009

ACT3 did a wonderful job at my wedding! The servers were the nicest people and the set up and food were WONDERFUL! We got a lot of comments on how good the food was and also on the set up! Would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 02/01/2010

Brandy · Married on 03/22/2009

Act3 was fabulous. The food was great and their servers were nothing but polite. They also were responsible for the changing of the room from ceremony seating to reception seating which they did flawlessly. This was the main thing I was worried about, (taking too long, not getting the right things on the tables etc...) but they were SO fast and the tables were setup exactly how we had specified. It took them not longer than 10 minutes to have everything great. They also let us keep all the leftover food (which some caterers do not do) and all the leftover cake. I really cannot say enough about how good their service and food were, they are definitly 5 stars for sure!

Sent on 04/07/2009

Maiana · Married on 08/25/2007

Act 3 Catering was absolutely amazing. They not only made me feel comfortable about being a picky bride (changing small details here and there) but made specific things I wanted that weren't offered on the menu. We had a tasting at their location and were really treated with the utmost customer service. On the day the food was incredible. We had a breakfast buffet with mimosas and it turned out beautifully. The servers were constantly checking in with my husband and I to see if we wanted another mimosa, or if we needed a light snack in between socializing at different tables. They were really amazing especially for the price tag. We shopped around and met with three other caterers before Act 3 and can't believe the difference between their prices (ridiculously high) and their customer service (extremely low). Act 3 never once made me feel like anything was impossible.

Sent on 11/20/2007

Heather K. · Married on 11/21/1998

I had to post a review for this phenominal company!! My hubby and I got married back in November 1998 and had Terri D's Catering(now Act 3) do all the food for our wedding. Almost 13 yrs later, people are STILL commenting on how great the food not only tasted, but how beautifully everything was presented. I think that is the best compliment such a great company can receive!! Terri and her staff were a dream to work with. You won't be disappointed for chosing Act 3!!

Heather & Kyle
    Puyallup, Wa

Sent on 11/08/2011
  • Bri

Bri S.

Amazing choice for our wedding!

Markelle and the group with Act3 were amazing to work with and we heard nothing but wonderful feedback on the food served at our wedding! The staff was so kind and professional and everything went so smoothly. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/22/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for you kind words! We make it our top priority to make sure your day runs smoothly. We wish you all the best!

Alexandria · Married on 08/19/2016

Act 3 catering was easy to work with and always flexible to meet my schedule. During the tasting they went above and beyond, offering my family and our own individual plates for tasting--we did not have to share any of it! During the time of my engagement Dawn was easy to get a hold of for last minute details, and at my wedding Liz was a rock-star. I am hard pressed to find a time where I have felt so taken care of my people I hardly know. The wait staff was amazing as well and man oh man, the food was delicious! Each steak filet and chicken breast were cooked to perfection!
    They are fantastic and well worth what we paid!

Sent on 08/21/2016

ACT 3 catered my wedding at Sanders Estate, and everything about the experience - the food, service and staff - was superb!

They were the only catering company we looked at that sat down and did a personal tasting with my fiancé and me. The prime rib was to-die-for, and our veggie friends said the portobello mushrooms were delicious. Donna and Janice were so easy to work with and very knowledgeable throughout the entire process, and the service staff and bartenders the day of the wedding provided excellent customer service. Highly recommend ACT 3 if you're looking for high caliber food and service for a reasonable price!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Amy · Married on 07/14/2013

The food was a hit! we left with very little left and everyone had their fill. I was happy with the variety and portions. The staff was very accommodating and they did a great job setting up to match my theme. I would recommend them.

Sent on 07/25/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2012

Act 3 catering was a good choice for us, even though it was not much of a choice. (our venue exclusively worked with them). In terms of responsiveness and flexibility, I could not have asked for more. The servers were so nice and sweet at the wedding and the women I worked with prior to the wedding never got made that I changed the menu like 7 times. I also changed the alcohol plan several times and everyone was super patient and nice about it. The food (beef strogonoff) was delicious when we went to the tasting, but I hate to admit it tasted nothing like the tasting at the wedding. I kind of anticipated this but I was still a little disappointed because they reassured me that it would taste exactly the same at the tasting. If anyone reading this has eaten bad beef strogonoff, you know why I was concerned. It was just a bit bland, but hey when you are cooking for 100 people, thats what happens. However, everything else made up for this. All the other food was great and people were raving about the wild greens salad, the house punch, and I personally really liked the rustic hearth bread.

Sent on 07/31/2012
  • Julie

Julie H. · Married on 07/19/2019

Wedding reception catered dinner.

We appreciated the personal and punctual responsiveness of Act3 catering to meet our needs, particular our budget and the tastes of our guests and bridal party. They were flexible when we discussed our unique choices, giving honest, but courteous suggestions or feedback when we made changes. Their deadline of two weeks prior to event worked well for us since we sent out invites for RSVPs for dinner later than planned. They had a great menu for children that was tasty and classy! They even factored in extra food in case we had some last minute or surprise guests.

Sent on 09/25/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Hello Julie! Thank you for such detailed feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your time working with us as we know wedding planning can be stressful. We hope we eliminated some stress for you! We wish you all the best!

Natalie · Married on 05/10/2014

They were awesome. The food was just amazing and the staff was so nice and went above and beyond what we had expected

Sent on 06/07/2014

Danielle · Married on 05/21/2011

Act 3 was amazing! They help with everything. Donna is the person who helped us. She was so nice and very sweet. She had helpful ideas and was a wonderful listener! The food was delicious. We got to go and have a tasting and sit with the chef for our first meeting. The chef is nice and has a great sense of humor. Her food is perfect too. Donna met with us at the venue to discuss where stuff could go and we took a look around with her. We needed to decorate the tables the night before and they let up pick up the table clothes the day before that. We had our ceremony and reception in the same room, so after the ceremony we had to move tables. The caterers help with this and were very fast. They then set the glasses, napkins, and silverware on the tables. It was as if you blinked the poof everything was ready! The servers were quick to clear items you were finished with and they would bring you drinks if you liked. For the champagne toast they passed out the drinks. They also passed out the cupcakes we had for dessert. We had a buffet dinner and if someone needed help with their plate one of the serves would help right away and without needing to be asked. The prince of Act 3 is great too! They have one of the best priced open bars. The food was priced well too. It is worth it to have Act 3 cater your wedding (or any event). We loved them and if we ever need a caterer again we will be using Act 3.

Sent on 05/30/2011

Amanda · Married on 08/21/2010

Amazing food, good price.

Sent on 09/06/2010

Joey · Married on 08/02/2008

Act 3 provided a great service for us. We spent a little bit more than we wanted to on the food but I would say that they were at very least comparable to other businesses. The servers at the reception were SO sweet and very helpful. We were quite happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 11/13/2008

Jessica · Married on 04/23/2017

We worked with Donna at Act 3 and she was awesome! Catering is definitely one of the biggest expenses for a wedding, and she was very helpful in making suggestions to stay within budget (we loved the 'you bring it, we serve it' bar option). Donna was also very responsive to our questions, and flexible in being able to make any changes/updates to our wedding menu. The staff at the event was phenomenal in ensuring that our family and those in the bridal party had our drinks filled and even walked through the buffet and served us our meals! The only reason we aren't giving a perfect 5/5 score is because we never got our packaged meal leftovers from the food that was leftover (but that could also be a part on the venue as we stayed overnight there, not sure) and because the meat we chose was a little dry compared to what we tried at our tasting appointment, however our guests seemed to still enjoy it. A lot of people commented on how they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres, the selection, and the service. All around great experience! -C&J

Sent on 05/06/2017

Tiffanie · Married on 08/05/2016

Good food and great service. Act3 treated my husband and I like royalty the day of our wedding. Someone was always offering us water, appetizers, drinks, etc. They even carried our dinner plates back to the table for us! Very professional and easy to work with! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great catering company!

Sent on 09/08/2016

The food was delicious! My guests all commented on how much they loved our food. The chef worked with me on my dietary restrictions to make the food enjoyable for my guests as well as something I could enjoy.

We did an alcohol package through Act 3 as well and they worked with our specifications on our preferences. We were pleased with the outcome and price spent.

Sent on 04/01/2013
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 02/26/2012

Act 3 caterings food was amazing. The staff was very professional and hard working at the event. They also have a kids menu which was nice so we didn't have to pay $18 per head for 35 kids when they don't eat all the food anyways.

Sent on 02/29/2012

Brandy · Married on 05/07/2011

3.5

When we were looking for venues, they each had their own caterers that we had to go with. So our location came down to the cost of food and the taste of the food. ACT 3 was amazing to work with. They offered us a wonderful tasting and met with us on several occasions. They were quick to respond to our questions and made changes easily. On the day of the wedding, the food was just as good as it was at the tasting, they had done a fantastic job matching my decor with theirs, and they were polite for the most part. We were told that our guest could have anything on our buffet, however, when our guests asked for both the fillet and the chicken, the servers told them they could have one or the other, and were not polite about it. They also said this to the person who was paying them! Also, we were told we would have enough food for overage and to go boxes. This was not the case, as our last guest table did not get as big of a selection on our buffet as the others. This table happened to my parents' table and they were the ones paying. The cake service was also very slow, and some tables never got any cake. Other than that, the food was great, they are easy to work with, and can fit any budget if you give them one.

Sent on 05/24/2011