Absolute Entertainment Reviews

860 | Hanover, MD

860 Reviews for Absolute Entertainment

We were so pleased with the service we received from our DJ - Brandon Renninger. I would highly recommend him for your event. His attention to detail was over the top and he ensured that we were well taken care of during our amazing wedding day!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Katy · Married on 09/19/2015

Jami Grandt was our deejay and she was absolutely amazing. Knowing she was a a teacher and after meeting her in person, a comedian, I felt completely stress-free knowing our day was going to be well organized, choreographed, and exactly what we had planned. The greatest gift among many she has, is the ability to judge the crowd. I personally hand selected so many songs, which she played many if not all for the most part. But she gauged the crowd and selected songs off the cuff that got everybody on the dance floor. So many people complimented our music, and if it wasn't for Jami's taste and brilliant mix, the memories might not have been the same. She even gave us a CD with all our top specialty songs; I listen to this daily. I'm greatly appeciative of everyone at AE that brought our vision to life. Thank you all so much-your the best!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Absolute Entertainment was absolutely delightful. I originally had booked my DJ 8 months before my wedding and was super excited about it. Well about a month and a half before the wedding I got a phone call that my DJ was unable to do my wedding and then I got in a complete panic. How was I supposed to find a reliable DJ at a reasonable rate a month and a half before my wedding? I then went to my venue's website and found Absolute Entertainment which was a recommended vendor (they also had great reviews on here). I contacted them by email and received a response almost immediately. I spoke with John Paul Berry on the phone and he was so great in helping me out and picking which DJ suited us the best. We had Steve Hartka and he was great! We spoke with him numerous times beforehand and he was able to understand the kind of vibe we wanted for our ceremony and reception. We received multiple compliments on the music and overall had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend absolute entertainment, they are so easy to work with and have a variety of DJs to choose from.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Kimberly from Absolute Entertainment is THE BEST!!!! She is a pleasure and so much fun to work with. Not only did she help pick music for those specific moments that you wont even think about but she helped organize when they should happen. That was the biggest help! I cant thank her enough. Because of her my wedding went very smoothly. And of course the music was awesome!

Sent on 09/21/2015

It was a great time and DJ Gary was awesome.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Just got married last Saturday, and Peter K was awesome! He met with us prior to the wedding to discuss the types of music we are looking for. I loved that Absolute Entertainment provided an online planning tool so that you can add song requests & a timeline of events. Peter paid attention to every detail and made sure to make our wedding a fabulous one! I don't think there was a moment where the dance floor was not full. Everyone from all ages were gettin' their groove on all night long! Many of our guests complimented how well the DJ was and that the music was awesome. He was given a challenge since we had Persian, Greek, and Latin American music requests yet he managed to tie everything together so beautifully. My sister-in-law even got his card to DJ her High School Prom! I would highly recommend Peter K & Absolute Entertainment to DJ your special day. We were told our wedding was the best wedding anyone has been to from our guests. Thank you everything!!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Kaet · Married on 09/05/2015

I cannot sing enough positive praises for DJ Adam Dutch. Our wedding reception was truly the time of our lives, and not just for us, but for our guests, as well. Our guests, ages 6-98 all had a blast! Adam is fantastic at getting all ages on the dance floor and keeping everyone dancing, ALL NIGHT! Couples in their 20 and couples in their 40s and 50s said it was the best reception they'd ever been to and I am confident that a lot of this had to do with Adam and how fantastic he is. The music was incredible, there was not a single lull or drag. He kept everyone wanting more. I could not have imagined the night going any better and thank you just doesn't seem to be enough. I HIGHLY recommend Adam for any event. He is adaptable, flexible, professional, understanding, great to work with and he truly knows his music and how to read a crowd!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Laura · Married on 09/05/2015

John Paul was absolutely wonderful. From the very beginning, he listened to me and my husband about what we were looking for music wise, he responded promptly to all emails and calls, and was very helpful when we were stuck on song choices for different parts of the reception. The entire night of the wedding, the music was fabulous and everyone was having a great time dancing. We only gave him a few songs on the must play list and few on the do not play list, but JP got our styles and tastes and did an amazing job.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Greg · Married on 08/29/2015

DJ Adam Dutch Durham did an outstanding job DJing our wedding. With both of us being heavily into music, my wife and I had some rather detailed instructions and expectations as to what the music portion of the night would entail, and Adam met all of our needs in spades with professionalism. He was realistic with our suggestions, honest with what would work and what would not, and was quick to respond throughout the entire planning process. The dancing section of the night was slightly shortened due to everything else running long, but Adam was able to make every second count as he seamlessly weaved through his set and kept everyone happy and dancing. My wife and I are stoked that we chose Adam, and we would definitely recommend him and Absolute Entertainment to anyone planning a wedding in the greater Chesapeake area.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Courtney · Married on 08/22/2015

John Paul was wonderful to work with. We gave him a very eclectic list of music preferences, and he played them all (even if he had to search for them). Our guests were able to dance the night away!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Gordon was amazing! From consultation to the day of, he was professional, knowledgable, and super fun to work with!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Alex · Married on 07/18/2015

Ryan Walburn from Absolute Entertainment is the best wedding DJ out there!!! A DJ can make or break your entire reception, and we received tons of compliments regarding Ryan & Absolute Entertainment. He took the time to understand our very particular must-play songs, worked with us to design our reception and make it flow, and was just all around a fantastic DJ & person. Thank you Ryan & Absolute Entertainment for everything!!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Marisa · Married on 06/27/2015

We had Peter K. play at our wedding, and we was perfect! He was the best DJ-played great music, took requests, and he was engaging. The crowd was dancing the WHOLE time. We had so much fun, and Peter was awesome. The company and Peter were super easy to work with from day 1. We had a contract signed pretty fast, and Peter was in touch with us to see what kind of music we liked. I would definitely use this company-so easy to work with and great people! Thanks Peter!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Topher · Married on 06/27/2015

Jami did an incredible job with everything. The music selection was exactly what I hoped for, and my wife and I received compliments on the music from many of our friends and family. She was incredibly responsive and helpful via email and in person leading up to the wedding, as was everyone else we interacted with at Absolute Entertainment. Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Rory · Married on 06/20/2015

Jami was the DJ for our wedding and she was a pleasure to work with. She was helpful, friendly, and patient with us and had wonderful suggestions. Working with Jami definitely made the wedding planning go much more smoothly. And she did a wonderful job on the day of! All of our guests were very happy with the music and everyone had a great time. We definitely recommend Jami and absolute entertainment.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Megan · Married on 06/13/2015

Ken rocked it out! We signed the contract the day we interviewed him. Our music was tailored to our style. Ken and his crew was professional, fun, entertaining. Two months later I am still hearing how everyone loved the music. Ken is highly recommended. This isn't the first time a family member hired Ken and Absolute Entertainment. He also uploaded candid shots of our wedding the next day to Facebook. A gift from him to us. Must Hire!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Desiree · Married on 05/30/2015

My new husband and I could not be more pleased with our DJ Ryan Walburn!!! One of the most important things to us was the DJ because they get the party started and keep it going...and I can say Ryan totally did!! He made the night so memorable and fun for every single person. We have gotten so many compliments on him! He really did make our wedding reception so memorable and I could not have asked for a better DJ!

***AbsoluteEntertainment also provided uplighting for our reception***

Sent on 06/14/2015

Ken and Gordon did a great job. We had a mix of American and Arabic music, and they had no trouble working with us to make it all go smoothly. We were impressed from the start, when Ken did a demo on the spot for us in their office. We knew we were going to be covered. Everyone -- of all generations and cultural backgrounds -- were dancing all night. Plus, Ken went above and beyond and took a ton of beautiful photos throughout the entire event that were a great compliment to our photographer's.

Sent on 07/19/2015
  • User5320434 · 2+ years ago

Adam was AWESOME! Worth EVERY Penny. You have to have him DJ your wedding, he's not cliche, he gets EVERYONE dancing, and his mixes are GENIUS!!! He will make your wedding one to remember not just for you, but everyone in attendance.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Andrew · Married on 05/22/2015

John Paul was very professional from the beggining he explained everything that would happen from his side in detail and was great on the night everyone was up dancing and had a good time.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Absolute Entertainment provided ceremony and reception music for my wedding. They were fantastic. My DJ, Steve Hartka, was very organized and provided exactly what I requested. I sent him custom music lists and requested that specific artists must be played during the reception, and he provided. He was on-time, friendly, and was happy to play songs requested by my guests. He seemed to be very good at "reading" the crowd and knew what genre of music to stick to. I will certainly call this company again should I be in need of DJ services.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Sharon · Married on 05/09/2015

John Paul is amazing! He had a great handle on everyone there and what to play. Would recommend him and the company to anyone in need!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Lindsey · Married on 04/18/2015

Amazing! Great job guys! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Sean · Married on 03/21/2015

Ken and his staff are exactly what every engaged couple are looking for in a DJ and MC. They know what they are doing and can advise any and all aspects to your comfort level.

Sent on 04/01/2015
  • User4382092 · 2+ years ago

DJ Gordon was great to work with- he accommodated us at every turn. During the dinner the speakers hadn't been set up correctly and he quickly resolved the problem. We had a great night and he did a fantastic job. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 04/04/2015