Absolute-DJs Reviews

67 | Springfield, OH

67 Reviews for Absolute-DJs

Mikaela · Married on 06/20/2015

Doug and April are the best! They went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect and boy did they exceed our exceptions. We had a few hiccups when it came to the weather since we had an outdoor ceremony and reception, but they were so flexible when it came to coming up with a plan B. Absolute DJ Services where very easy to work with and made our wedding day stress free. They kept the dance floor full throughout our whole ev

Sent on 06/22/2015

Chris · Married on 06/20/2015

Our DJ, Tom was super professional and easy to work with. He helped make our wedding day stress free and fun!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Gary was our DJ and he did a fantastic job! We had guests get his information for their upcoming weddings!

Sent on 07/28/2015

I had people at the reception asking for the djs info for their upcoming weddings

Sent on 10/22/2015

Lori · Married on 06/06/2015

Doug and April were absolutely fantastic! We have been to numerous weddings in the past and no other DJ can even come close to doing what they did for us. I would highly recommend Absolute-DJ's for any event, especially a wedding!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Shannon · Married on 05/23/2015

We had Tom Potts as our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing! He kept everything going smoothly, even helped us find our champagne and glasses before the toasts started because the event staff didn't have them at the table. He went above and beyond and kept the dance floor full the whole wedding! Everyone still talks about how much fun our wedding was and we are thankful to Tom for that! He was great to work with and would definitely recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Absolute DJ's is absolutely the best! They are super professional and have years of experience. You wont have to worry about a thing as a bride or groom.

Sent on 05/16/2015

Doug did such a great job of being the DJ and MC for our wedding! We sat down with him about a week before the wedding and walked through the entire evening with him. He knew exactly what we wanted to happen and when we wanted it to happen. He even gave us some tips on some of the things! The night of the wedding we didn't have to worry about anything, Doug took care of it all. He even came up to us just before every piece and made sure we were ready for it before jumping in. The night ran so smoothly, and we would definitely use Doug again!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Absolute-DJ was awesome!! They were very professional and fun to work with.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Debbie · Married on 09/20/2014

Doug Haney and Tom Potts are wonderful to work with. They are very much customer service/satisfaction focused! Very easy to select songs and add to play list. Professional and kept the party going and the dance floor full from the first song to the last! They are very easy to do business with also! Highly recommend them if you want a fun party! D. Schmidt

Sent on 09/30/2014

I cannot say enough about Doug Haney and Absolute DJs. My husband and I were very impressed from the first meeting with his online tools for selecting music. Absolute DJs had tons of great music to select and even got some custom songs for us for special dances. Doug was a tremendous Emcee - he really kept the flow going and was super organized! Doug has a great style and personality that really made the reception fun. Doug helped us pick great music for dinner and was on-point for all of our unique aspects of the reception. Doug took requests but still played the music we really wanted. And, Doug asked us before playing a song with foul language, which helped us get the song played later in the night when most of the people who might have been upset were gone, which made everyone happy! If you want a great reception, just call Doug at Absolute DJs.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2014

Doug was the most amazing DJ I could have asked for to help us celebrate our wedding. I literally cannot say enough great things about his business and him personally. When I spoke to him on the phone while talking with DJs for the wedding, he was extremely professional; I also enjoyed how he was able to make a few jokes and made it seem like I was talking to a friend. I knew as soon as I spoke to him that's who I wanted as my DJ. His online planning tool made everything during the planning process easy, and our meeting a month out made me feel extremely comfortable and that we were ready to party. During the wedding, he and April went above and beyond by helping out in every aspect, which I am extremely grateful for. The fact he exceeded my biggest request (having people dancing all night, from my 2 year old cousin to my 84 year old Grandfather and Great Uncle) is what created the best night ever. Doug, thank you for everything! I highly recommend his services!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/18/2014

Kevin and Doug were a pleasure to work with for our wedding reception. Not only do they play great music, they coordinate your entire reception. The whole evening was orchestrated by our DJ so we didn't have to. Kevin was fun to have as our DJ!

Sent on 09/07/2014
  • Keri

Keri · Married on 08/24/2013

From the minute I met Doug at a bridal show I knew he was the DJ for us. Doug and April did a wonderful job for our wedding ceremony and wedding reception music. They know how to get the party going and will go above and beyond to make sure the Bride and Groom has the best wedding day possible. My fiancé and I would highly recommend them to any future bride and groom to be. You wont be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Tiffany · Married on 08/17/2013

Doug and April were absolutely amazing! They are very professional with every little detail. The whole night went smoothly. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. The uplighting looked fantastic as well! We received so many compliments on how awesome Doug was/is. I have already recommended Doug and his crew to a few of my friends that are getting married and I will continue to highly recommend them to everyone who is in need of a Dj.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Megan · Married on 06/15/2013

If anyone needs a DJ in the Springfield/Dayton/Columbus area, you can't go wrong with Doug and April from Absolute-DJ's. When I was looking for a DJ for my wedding, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find someone that would be outgoing enough to get people up dancing. My family isn't too big on dancing, but nobody wants their wedding to be boring! So I came across Absolute-DJ's on weddingwire.com and saw the reviews and after talking to Doug on the phone, decided to go with them because of their great pricing and how outgoing and friendly Doug was. He is awesome at getting back to you if you have any questions through the process before the big day, and he is honestly the reason why our wedding flowed so smoothly from one event to the next. Doug isn't just a DJ, he lets guests know what's going on throughout the evening and was in contact with me every step of the way, letting me know when we were about to move on to the next event. Not only is he basically a coordinator for the wedding, but his DJ services also offer great tools like an online client log in where you can look through their huge selection of music (they literally have every song you can think of) and make your own playlist for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. He also takes pictures during the reception and makes them available to you soon afterwards, which is really nice if your wedding photographer takes forever to get your photos to you. If you're looking for a DJ in the area, I would honestly recommend Absolute-DJ’s 100%...you just can’t go wrong.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Meghan · Married on 06/14/2013

Doug and April were outstanding. I was very concerned with the flow of the reception and Doug took care of everything. He didn't just play music, he kept the night going the way we wanted it. We met with Doug a couple weeks before the wedding and planned everything out and didn't have to worry about a thing during the wedding. He always emailed me back right away and addressed any concerns we had. We had so much fun with them and because of them. He also had an online planning sheet where my husband and I were able to create a playlist of songs we wanted for cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. He was great at getting everyone involved. I give him my highest recommendation.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Linda · Married on 05/18/2013

We had an amazing experience with Absolute-DJs (Springfield/Dayton, OH)! Doug Haney (the owner) was our DJ and we could not have been more happy! We had a meeting a few weeks prior to the wedding where Doug went over our song selection list (which you enter on his website) and offered us advice when we asked for it in terms of the number of fast/slow songs we should request. This was extremely helpful since we weren't sure what balance of slow to fast songs would result in a great party for everyone attending. The day of the wedding, everything went perfectly. Guests commented on the flow of the reception being great, and from my perspective as the bride, Doug ensured that I had nothing to worry about. If I needed to be somewhere to do something (like cut the cake), he just let me know and everything ran really smoothly. Also, it is apparent that Doug really does strive to make his events as enjoyable as possible for everyone in attendance, and especially the bride and groom in this case. He is sincere when he says he considers it an honor to be a part of a wedding reception. He went out of his way to make sure little details weren't missed, like the fact that I wanted a very particular song played first during the dollar dance, for example, so that I could dance with someone in particular during that song. He will also tailor the reception events to your liking, leaving out those traditions you wish to skip or adding new ones that are important to you. Overall, we had an amazing experience with Doug and Absolute-DJs and would recommend them to any bride/groom! We also felt the cost was reasonable compared to other vendors. I feel like we received a great value for this service and an outstanding reception which people are still talking about!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Amy · Married on 05/19/2012

Absolute-DJ's were easy to work with, friendly and provided a service beyond our expectations. I had friends and family say to me after our wedding, how great the DJ was. Kevin and everyone at Absolute-Dj's made our wedding night enjoyable, fun and that much more memorable. If I ever need a DJ service again, they will be the first and only one I call.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Scott · Married on 05/12/2012

Very friendly courteous and professional! I would definitely recommend to anybody needing a dj!

Sent on 06/09/2012

Marla · Married on 05/05/2012

Very helpful especially with things we had no idea how to carry out, including the cake cutting.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Jenna · Married on 05/04/2012

Doug and April for Absolute DJ did a wonderful job being organized in order to run our wedding. They helped us plan out all the details and when it came to our wedding day, they took over and ran with our request. They did a wonderful job and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2011

Our DJ Ezell was amazing! He even sang us a song during out wedding. We def. recommend him to anyone getting married in the future

Sent on 12/18/2011

Absolute-DJs's reply:

We are glad to hear you were pleased with the service and please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.

Barb · Married on 09/10/2011

My guests loved our DJ EZ and the service provided. I would recommend to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 09/22/2011

Absolute-DJs's reply:

DJ EZ comes with over 20 years of experience and is a true entertainer in his field. Anyone can just play music but it takes much more to entertain a wedding reception. When hiring a DJ always remember a wedding DJ can DJ any event type. But a bar DJ cannot necessarily play for a wedding reception. We are more then just a DJ service, we are reception planners as well. Thanks for the review.

K · Married on 09/10/2011

Did a good job in helping us select songs for the wedding and reception. Also, kept the flow of the ceremony and reception going smoothly and as planned out ahead of time.

Sent on 12/21/2011