Above and Beyond DJ's Reviews

Above and Beyond DJ's 1
Above and Beyond DJ's 2
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/26/2012

Let me just start by saying Greg is not just a DJ. He is basically your personal assistant for you entire wedding. From the minute my husband and I stepped out of the limo Greg had every base covered. He had our favorite drinks in hand and even waters for the both of us as we were out in 90 degree weather taking pictures on a golf course. He made sure our entrance into the reception was everything we wanted and he executed it perfectly! He made sure we actually got a chance to sit down and eat during the wedding and also continued to have drinks appear in our hands exactly when we needed a new one. But most importantly he had everyone on the dance floor and made sure we were having a great time! He fit right into the wedding like he was a family friend that we had known for years. I really cannot say enough good things about Greg! And as I am the oldest of 7 children I am sure we will be using his services multiple times in the future! Thank you so much Greg!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Above and Beyond DJ's's reply:

Katie

Thank you so very much for the kind words. I had a blast at your wedding and I am so glad you had a great time as well. I look forward to seeing you six more times LOL!!!

tony · Married on 05/19/2012

Greg from Above and Beyond DJs did an amazing job for our wedding on May 19th, 2012. He communicated with us up until the day of the event. He played everything that we asked him and was very flexible to work with. 100% professional as well. We would definitely recommend Greg for any events. Thanks Greg!!! Anne & Tony

Sent on 06/04/2012

Greg was amazing. He went above and beyond to make sure our day ran smoothly. The music was perfect. He played everything we wanted to hear and added his own choice of songs to make us dance the night away. He made sure we had everything we needed and wanted, drinks, food etc. Greg was very perfessional and is the perfect man for the job! thanks again for making out memories of our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Kristen · Married on 09/24/2011

Greg Haynes with Above and Beyond DJ'd provided music for our ceremony and reception. I was so happy with everything that he did. He came early to set up, music at the ceremony was perfect. I was so surprised that he even brought us drinks during the cocktail hour while we were off taking pictures. He always made sure to check in with us and help us keep track of the events at the reception. He came up to me at least 5-10 minutes before the cake cutting and asked me if we should push it back or keep it on time. He was VERY fixable and made the reception a piece of cake. I was so happy with everything. I would recommend him to anyone anytime and if I ever needed a DJ he would be the first person I call!

Sent on 10/02/2011

Michelle · Married on 09/09/2011

Greg Haynes did an excellent job DJ'ing our wedding! My Husband and I were very happy we chose Above and Beyond DJ's!!

Throughout the entire process, Greg was very responsive to e-mails and even met with us on several occasions to go over our expectations and music options. He was very professional and played everything that we wanted and nothing that was on our "do-not-play" list. Although we had a list of songs to play, we gave Greg some flexibility based on what the "crowd mood" was and he didn't disappoint! He really paid attention to the "temperature" in the room and played what the crowd was feeling at the moment. We were literally on the dance floor ALL night!!

And talk about service! Greg made sure our drinks were never empty - and even went through the buffet line with me to ensure I didn't spill anything on my dress.

I couldn't complain about Above and Beyond DJ's if I tried!

Sent on 10/02/2011

Erin · Married on 07/09/2011

Greg Haynes of Above and Beyond DJ'd our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with his service. He arrived way early to set up a sound system for our ceremony, he sent us out walking down the aisle - he kept everybody on time and adjusted as necessary. He brought us drinks throughout the day, even carried my plate through the buffet so I wouldn't spill anything on my dress! He really went Above and Beyond!

I gave him a dinner playlist which he stuck too and his reception dancing mix was amazing - he really reads the crowd and played the right kind of songs to keep people on the floor the whole night. We ended up paying the venue extra to lengthen the reception because everyone was still having a fantastic time by the time we were supposed to leave! Greg's goal is for you and your guests to have a great time - not to have them notice all of his announcements. I was afraid of corniness, cheesiness or 'used car salesman' type stuff when looking for DJ's but Greg put all my fears to rest - professional, attentive, fun, and really kept the party moving - no one was bored and guests have been raving about how fun it was!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2013

We had Greg DJ our wedding last Saturday and we were so pleased with the music and entertainment. Greg was so helpful in planning and helping us organize the day. He coordinated with our day-of wedding coordinator to make everything run smoothly. When a song played that had a curse word, he immediately adjusted the music so that no guests could hear, and he checked through the rest of the tunes to make sure we were all good (my husband and I are big hip-hop fans). We would highly recommend for a smooth wedding and a no-hassle big day. You're definitely in good hands with Greg!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Above and Beyond DJ's's reply:

Sarah thank you so very much for the kind words. You and Jake were great to work with as well. Yes sorry about the bad word in the song, I tried and tried to find a clean version of that song but that was the best I could so I tried to fad it out. Once again thanks for being a great bride and groom.
  • Luice

Luice · Married on 08/05/2012

We worked with Greg Haynes from Above and Beyond DJs based on a friend's recommendation.

Greg doesn't look like a DJ, what I mean is he looks like he'd be more at home in a suit than at a club. And I was a little intimidated to talk to him at first. But he's very friendly, chatty and professional. He's done many weddings before and you can really tell he loves his job and is very committed to it. We didn't fear that he would flake on us or forget something important.

He worked within our budget and music choices. He isn't only serious about his role as a DJ but also in helping anyway possible to make sure the wedding was great. He helped keep us on track during the reception when we were getting pulled in many directions by photographers, friends and family, he got us drinks when we arrived at the reception and saved us some appetizers from the cocktail hour since we missed it. The music selection was good, it took awhile to get people to dance but once they started, it was a party!

As with all vendors you need to be very clear with what your expectations are and what you want and Greg was great at meeting those expectations.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Renee and · Married on 09/07/2013

Greg's smooth approach and attentiveness meant we had very few things to worry about, and he blended well with another MC to make our wedding reception memorable beyond our wildest dreams. He took care of us, ensured the dance floor never emptied, and added class and charm to the night. Thanks, Greg!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Aishah · Married on 12/03/2011

Greg was a phenomenal DJ, and like his company name alludes, he is passionate about being more than just a DJ. He has his own professional career in addition to DJing so it was great working with someone who works extra hours to pursue a true passion of his. He was easy to work and plan with and on our wedding day, he was right there to bring us our first drinks, etc. He is big on making the event as fun and smooth as can be, but all the while keeping the spotlight off of him as an individual. Great guy.

Sent on 02/16/2012

Erin · Married on 07/30/2016

This DJ company was very flexible and able to help out with a special video presentation at our reception!

Sent on 08/24/2016
  • User3912050 · 2+ years ago

very punctual listens to your needs very likable

Sent on 02/17/2014

Sam · Married on 08/04/2012

I was most impressed by Greg's handling of the various special requests that we had. He was very good about playing the laundry list of songs we wanted, was attentive to the requests of my brothers who were playing guitar through his system as the bridal party walked down the aisle, and was very accomodating to the belly dancer we had perform during the cocktail hour. Nothing phased him in the least. We had a fantastic time. He's an old school DJ and lets the songs speak for themselves rather than remixing them himself.

Sent on 09/04/2012