Above and Beyond DJ's Reviews

88 Reviews for Above and Beyond DJ's

Above and Beyond DJ's 1
Above and Beyond DJ's 2

Victoria · Married on 05/28/2016

I want to be authentic with my review of Greg Haynes (Above and Beyond DJ's). That being said, let's start with how we found him. We met Greg in person at our venue a year prior to our actual wedding date. We found his reviews online and decided to meet him to see if he was "our" DJ for our big day. One thing that my husband and I asked one another in the wedding process was what are our "must haves". One of our "must haves" was to dance as much as possible, with great music playing, and our guests/family/friends having a great time on the dance floor. We shared this with Greg and he made both my husband and I very comfortable/excited about our big day. He was thoughtful, listened intently when needed, and provided his opinion (but always ensuring it was our way instead of anyone elses'). We decided to ask Greg to provide his services on our big day in May of this year. He happily agreed and he didn't disappoint. He provided us with an itinerary a few weeks before, asked for our "must have" songs to be played, father/daughter and mother/son dances, etc. He even asked what our favorite drinks were. Down to every detail, Greg was on point and provided us with STELLAR services. He met us after the ceremony with drinks/appetizers all while we were preparing for pictures. At the reception, he ensured the night went smoothly, keeping requests from our guests in line with our expectations, asking us if we needed anything each time we walked past him, etc. Bottom line, we are thrilled that Greg was there to help us celebrate our big day.

My husband and I are both review junkies, and we appreciate reading constructive, but helpful reviews to determine who to use, where to go, what items to buy, etc. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR...use Greg as your DJ whenever you can. He won't disappoint you.

And Greg, if you read this....thank you for giving me and my hubs the best day of our lives. Cannot thank you enough for all you did.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Andrija · Married on 05/21/2016

Working with Greg was easy, affordable and enjoyable. Everyone had a blast at the wedding. He was able to perfectly time all the songs, make sure the dances were kept to pace, and even help coordinate the toasts. From the first meeting to the last goodnight, Greg was a true professional. Top marks all around!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Michael · Married on 05/14/2016

Greg Haynes is absolutely fantastic! His prices are extremely reasonable, he kept everyone dancing all night, and he ended up being a built in wedding planner on the side. He truly went "above and beyond" to ensure that our wedding day would be perfect. He came out to our venue before the wedding to see the space and to give suggestions, and then during our wedding he did much more than stand behind his set-up and play music; he made sure we always had a drink in our hand, he brought us plates of food during our pictures, and he made all of the announcements for us. With Greg there, we felt like we didn't have to worry about anything. He provided a lot of great song suggestions, but he also opened it up to us if we wanted to customize anything. He has been DJing weddings for several years, and you can clearly tell through the service he provides. Book him; you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/22/2016

William · Married on 04/23/2016

My wife and I were married in Virginia at the end of April 2016 and we had a perfect day. The ceremony was beautiful and from the very first note of the first song, I had trouble controlling my emotions. Greg did an excellent job of finding, editing, looping, and transitioning the songs that we selected for our special day. Everything went off without a hitch and we could not have selected a better DJ for the event.

From the first time we spoke with Greg, it was obvious why he chose the name "Above and Beyond" for his business. He insisted on a face to face talk to get to know each other, discuss our interests in music, and provide an abundance of information about his experience. We got along so well that we spoke at length and lost track of time and almost ended up arriving late to an appointment we had later in the day. He assured us that he could work with as much or as little information as we wanted to provide and immediately put us at ease. He also provided input on some non-music related topics to help with planning in other areas of the wedding.

For the ceremony, Greg worked with us up until the last few days before the wedding to incorporate all of our song changes, edits, and requests. For the reception, we provided him with a number of songs that we wanted to hear, some of our favorite genres and eras, and let him do the rest. Our family members and friends loved the music, had a blast, and I was thrilled with the number of people dancing and enjoying themselves. We even got a few family members up and onto the dance floor that I never dreamed would dance at our wedding. Greg even worked with us on a few special songs that we would only play if/when someone specific was on the dance floor.

Greg was a preferred vendor for our wedding venue and now that we've experienced his talents first-hand we completely understand why. Thank you for helping to make our wedding day a perfect occasion.

Sent on 05/15/2016

Wesley · Married on 11/07/2015

Greg was just what we were looking for and wound up being just what we needed for our wedding! He was incredibly flexible since our ceremony was not in the same place as the reception. He was punctual and polite to everyone involved. He stopped us often to ask our opinions but was not overbearing. He ALWAYS checked with us before doing anything and he was especially helpful reminding us of another thing to be ready for (toasts, introductions, first dances, etc.) I sent him requests for songs up until the day before my wedding and I never heard that he couldn't help. He even mixed a special song for my dance with my dad. He was absolutely perfect and I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Deidre · Married on 10/11/2015

Greg Haynes was the DJ for my daughter's October wedding and he did a phenomenal job! I couldn't have been happier. He played the right mix of music, timing our song playlist based on the mood of the crowd and flow of the reception agenda. He was flexible enough to even support a last minute request for a "karaoke" segment for the young crowd as the reception was winding down. I felt like I had a built-in wedding assistant throughout the evening as he kept everyone on cue and at ease. The newlyweds and guests, young and old, just loved him. Greg was the consummate professional and I wouldn't hesitate to hire him again!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2015

I found Greg because he DJ'd a friends wedding and I knew right then that I wanted him to be the DJ for my wedding. We really can't say enough great things about Greg. He made the entire process simple for us and was always there to answer questions and help plan for our big day. During the wedding, he was extremely fun, professional and we knew we could count on him for anything we needed. The dance floor was packed all night and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had! I will always recommend Greg to anyone I know who is planning a wedding. Thanks again, Greg!!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Miriam · Married on 09/13/2015

Greg DJ-ed our wedding and was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was incredibly responsive, and he made us feel very relaxed leading into the big day. At the wedding, he met us after the recessional with drinks, and he was very attentive throughout the night -- always ensuring that we had something to drink and eat.

What's more, working with Greg was fun! He joked with our friends and family, was quick to take requests and was genuinely friendly. We were lucky to have had him as a part of our big day!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Meredith · Married on 09/06/2015

Greg was a fantastic DJ. For the value, we couldn't have asked for better. He was flawless with his set-up before the ceremony and I could hear the music at all times, but it never seemed too soft or too loud. Greg was like a back-up wedding coordinator, constantly asking if we needed anything. Although he didn't play all my requests (in his defense, I had many) I think he did so based on the mood of the crowd, and in hindsight he probably saved us from the dance floor being evacuated. Very easy to work with--thank you for everything Greg!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Jillian · Married on 07/25/2015

Greg was amazing! He was very responsive to all our e-mails and questions and put together a great wedding timeline for us. He was very helpful during the reception, always making sure that we had full drinks! He was also flexible when we changed the timing on a few things to let guests enjoy the view outdoors a little when it got a little cooler outside. He played all songs requested and kept the party going!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Greg was fantastic! He was very reponsive leading up to the wedding and really worked with us to find uncommon music and provide some great suggestions for the reception! He was more than our DJ and made sure we always had drinks and food and that everyone was having a great time. We could not have asked for a better person to DJ our wedding and we are thrilled that we found Greg and his company to help make our wedding the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Greg was great. He responded quickly to all of our questions and requests and made things easy for us during planning. He provided the sound equipment and music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception - and everything went smoothly and sounded awesome. Believe it when he says he does more than just play music, I'll never forget him chasing us down to give us drinks after the ceremony when our photographer was leading us off for photos. To sum it up, Greg's a great guy and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/24/2015

Greg was so amazing at our wedding. I feel like he's not just your DJ but he's almost your wedding coordinator that day, making sure your day is going perfect and that you're happy. We had a few annoying requests and last minutes changes and his answers were always "sure sure sure". He was funny, flexible, accommodating, professional and just perfect. I would strongly recommend him to anyone and everyone who's looking for a DJ.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Natalie · Married on 05/09/2015

Greg Haynes was the DJ for our wedding in May. We could not have asked for a better one! He was extremely responsive to all my emails before the wedding and the day of was perfect! He was very attentive to my husband and I and kept our dance floor full for the evening. He is great and I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/02/2015

Greg was awesome! He helped make our reception the party we hoped and planned for. Leading up to the wedding, he was professional and responsive, offering to help in any way. The day of, we didn't have to worry about anything. He took care of us the whole night and made sure the dance floor was never empty! We highly recommend Greg in every way! He was a GREAT value, but more than that, he truly went above and beyond to make our night special without being the center of attention. Book him!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Bradley · Married on 11/01/2014

From the moment we first met Greg we knew we wanted him to host our wedding day. Believe the reviews! He is professional, responsive, dependable and makes you confident that everything will be PERFECT. He did an amazing job and we received nothing but compliments from our guests. He has great ideas to help you in your reception planning and does everything to make your day smooth. Every time we turned around he had a drink or snack ready for us...doors being held open? Greg was doing that too! It's like there were 3 of him wandering around quietly making everything flow perfectly! We couldn't have made a better choice...Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU Greg!!

Brad and Michelle

Sent on 11/02/2014

Chelsey · Married on 10/04/2014

Greg was great - his reviews don't lie. He's very pleasant, professional, and on the wedding day he was on his game. He was there early and completely setup before I arrived for photos, and was sure to have drinks in hand for bride and groom. Very reasonably priced, and well worth the money. He instills confidence that your party will go off without a hitch. Very pleased with my choice to use Above & Beyond.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Luke · Married on 09/28/2014

Greg is very adaptable to your special day. We noticed that he is able to follow direction if your wedding day is going to follow a strict schedule, he's also very good at filling in space in the event of a less strict schedule that requires some assistance. He's also very flexible and capable of adjusting events and flow in order to make up for lost time. Greg did more than we expected in regards to the entire wedding. For example, he ensured that we were able to enjoy some of the h'orderves while we wrangled the family & friends for pictures, as the DJ he seemed "invisible" but his music and MC Skills were what shined through. He was highly recommended to us by two other weddings that we attended and he did not disappoint.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Aileen · Married on 09/07/2014

Greg was the Dj for our wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased. He truly does go above and beyond what a typical does. He was always catering to my husband and I the entire night. He made sure that we received drinks during cocktail hour and appetizers while we were taking pictures outside. The music was great and everyone had an awesome time dancing at our wedding. Thank you for everything Greg! I truly hope you consider above and beyond if you need a Dj for any event!!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Greg Haynes is simply the BEST DJ I have ever had in my life. He goes above and beyond, literally! He not only DJ's he goes a step further to make the process and the wedding day smooth! The pricing is on point and honestly you get WAYYY more than what you pay for. He is a rare find that keeps the spotlight on your special day and making the wedding spectacular, leaving guests with that wow factor.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Carly · Married on 08/31/2014

Greg was amazing to work with. He never missed a beat whether is was playing my favorite song or helping me get a stain out of my dress. He truly does go above and beyond. I've had so many guests say my wedding was the best they'd been to because they never wanted to leave the dance floor! He also did a beautiful job with my ceremony music and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Tracy · Married on 08/30/2014

My husband, Andy, and I could not have been more happier with choosing Greg to be our DJ for our wedding. Greg was very reliable and extremely flexible; we had some last minutes changes and he was able to accommodate to them as requested. Also, somehow the song suggestion list got lost along the process prior to wedding and he did not receive a list until a day to two days before and was very patient and great about it. He kept things professional, but added so much fun and excitement to our reception and was able to keep the party going. He also came loaded with handy things, like, bandaids, ibuprofen, gum, etc. He had great communication before and throughout the entire night and offered lots of help. He didn't turn the night into about himself like some DJs do. Overall we were extremely pleased with him and his service, and would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Above and Beyond DJ's's reply:

OMG Tracy. Thank you so much. Your wedding was so much fun. Thanks for allowing me the pleasure of sharing your very special day. Let me know if you ever need anything.

Willauren · Married on 06/27/2014

We learned about Greg and Above and Beyond from a friend who had worked with him in the past. When we first met with Greg, he was very friendly and professional. At that point, we hadn't thought about a schedule for the evening, so Greg suggested a schedule based on his experience. As we got closer to our day, Greg was very responsive to us and to our planner when it came to getting details nailed down for our day. He arrived very early to the venue to eliminate any potential issues with traffic/etc. He setup his systems for our outdoor ceremony and our reception in a separate location. Greg was friendly and professional throughout the evening and played great music that really got our guests dancing. I'm pretty sure Greg was the first to hand us our first drinks at the start of the reception when he noticed we hadn't gotten any yet. I would definitely look forward to working with him again and would recommend him to friends. Thanks Greg!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Greg was really the key in making our wedding as great as it was. Everyone had a BLAST dancing and he and my wedding coordinator collaborated to make a seamless transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. We are SO glad we hired Greg to help us. He is probably one of the most upbeat person and really knows his weddings. I recommend him to ANY bride!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Kat · Married on 05/25/2014

Greg was absolutely fabulous!!!!! We have zero complaints, the wedding ceremony music was perfect, he brought us drinks in between photo shoots, he kept us on time, he kept us aware of everything the guests were doing, he made awesome announcements, and kept the party going all night long!!! I would recommend Greg to anyone!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2014