95 Reviews for About Weddings

Setup (17)
Cake Stands (11)
Cake Toppers (4)
95 About Weddings Reviews

Patty from About Weddings was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was recommended to us by our venue, Harmony Hall Estate, after we had contacted a few other cake vendors with no luck. I’m so glad it worked out that way and we ended up with Patty! She was very responsive with any emails I sent her and was so helpful in designing the look of our cake...we had no idea what we wanted it to look like. With her guidance our cake was absolutely gorgeous! And soo delicious!!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/5/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Patty is wonderful! She responds so quickly to emails at all hours of the day/night, which is very helpful when you’re trying to nail down details! We were sold after our cake tasting. So delicious! We had a simple 2 tier cake and 3 flavors of cupcakes - butter yellow, chocolate chip, and pink champagne with strawberry filling. We barely had any leftover! I didn’t get to see Patty when she delivered the cake, the setup was so perfect. She stacked them nicely on our crate and ladder props exactly as I imagined! Also, she attached directions on the box of how to freeze our cake for our 1 year anniversary! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Shauntelle, 11/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

About Weddings
I am the owner of Harmony Hall Estate and Karen’s Catering, LLC., over the past 31 years I have had the honor of helping thousands of couples make their wedding day dreams come true. Selecting the vendors for our wedding day was no easy task! I have worked with some of the best wedding vendors in Central PA and a few that are not so good. So when it came time for John and I to plan our own wedding we had a long list of vendors to consider. You could say I am extremely picky and quite opinionated; I have seen a lot but I really had no idea about what style of wedding cake I wanted. Our wedding cake not only had to look beautiful but be tasty! I have worked with Patty for many years and have not seen a cake I didn’t like. Not only are her cakes beautiful but delicious. So this one an easy decision for us! Patty was extremely helpful in helping us pick the perfect design for our wedding cake. Once again, Patty pulled out all the stops! Our wedding cake was spectacular. We had offered our guests multiple wedding cake and cup cake flavors to choose from. Our guest are still raving about how beautiful our wedding cake was and that they couldn’t decide which they liked better the wedding cake or the cupcakes: so many yummy flavors and fillings to choose from they had to go back for seconds.. and even thirds. If you are debating on whether you should get a wedding cake or wedding cupcakes I strongly suggest you get both! I would highly recommend About Wedding to bake your dream wedding cake and cupcakes. Thank you for making our wedding day dreams come true! Karen & John

Profile Picture Karen, 11/18/17, 15 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We knew right away when we met Patty that we wanted her to make our wedding cake. She was so sweet and thoughtful during our tasting, and we loved the design that she created for us. Not only is she the sweetest person, her cakes are beyond delicious too. We had two different flavors, chocolate with peanut butter filling, and vanilla with caramel apple filling. Both were phenomenal, and I can't wait to eat the top tier in a year. Our cake was so beautiful and elegant, and we could not be happier with the service we received.

Profile Picture Katie, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

it's been 4 years since I got married and I look at pictures of my wedding cake and I'm still so happy about it. She was able to get the vision from my head and make it a reality thank you so much for this amazing memory

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Abeer, 10/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Patti was extremely helpful and very thoughtful. At the initial consultation, she really took the time to forge my fiancee and I's vision. She made a beautiful and DELICIOUS wedding cake. We got a tiered cupcake cake with the 6 in round top. The cupcakes were amazing. I've heard nothing but wonderful things from our guests about the cupcakes. The lemon filling is sooooo good, I cant get enough of it. The cake was beautifully decorated, everything we were looking for. I'm amazed at how it turned out, we were blown away- so beautiful, almost too beautiful to eat. The chocolate cupcakes filled with chocolate cream were my favorite but the lemon filling is also very good. Moist cake, smooth icy and beautifully decorated and arranged- it was perfect, no complaints. I highly recommend About weddings!

Profile Picture Tamara, 9/9/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Patty was wonderful every step of the way! She was so helpful when it came to choosing flavors, allowing us to try a few before we decided! She is very flexible, attentive and is amazingly talented! Our cupcake tree and small tier wedding cake turned out better than I could have imagined! She had our colors down perfectly and decorated it exactly how we wanted. They not only looked great, but they tasted wonderful! Definitely recommend the chocolate chip with pb! I'm so happy we chose Patty to make our wedding cake, id recommend her to every bride in the area!

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Absolutely love Patty! She is so open to ideas and trying new things. Completely customized my dream cake!

Profile Picture janelle, 7/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cake Toppers

The wedding cake was stunning. She also provided extra boxes for the layers to go home. I am so glad we ordered a huge cake, because it is delicious and it was nice to actually sit at home and have time to enjoy it. Her gumpaste flowers were flawless and she copied the design we chose in every detail Absolutely gorgeous cake!

Profile Picture Veronica, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Patty was absolutely perfect to work with. I am so lucky to have found her! She went above and beyond to make sure she gave me exactly what I wanted and within my budget! She is creative, she has so many options to choose from, she's fun to work with and her cakes are delicious and gorgeous! All my guests raved about the cake! Best decision you will make!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Prior to the wedding, my wife and I looked at and researched numerous vendors for our wedding cake. None compared to Patty at About Weddings. From the beginning, Patty saw our vision. She was extremely affordable (the cheapest we looked at) and made the BEST cake (the best we tasted from ALL vendors we went to).

Seeing our cake being set up on the wedding day was awesome. She exceeded our expectations and made a beautiful cake. As for how the cake tasted... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN ANY BETTER!!! All of our guests raved about how tasty the cake was and they enjoyed it so much, there was none left :)

Profile Picture Lyndsey, 5/27/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot say enough good things about Patty and About Weddings. My daughter had another cake baker lined up and when it came time to discuss design about a month before her 10/21/16 wedding, she ran into issues. The baker couldn't provide what she was looking for so it was back to the drawing board and quickly. I took to the internet and poured through my options and found Patty. She was wonderful from the minute I heard her voice on the phone. My daughter and I went to her shop and knew we found our baker. Her professionalism, experience and knowledge was exceptional. She worked with us and designed Katie's dream cake. It was gorgeous...just what she wanted. What we loved about Patty was she was very honest and told us what would and wouldn't work. She had us sample our three favorite flavors and let me tell you, they were to die for. Her pricing is very reasonable and affordable. She is a true decorator and her skills are showcased in the many sample cakes she has on display in her shop. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. Thanks Patty!!!

Profile Picture User7351950, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I can not say enough great things about Patty and her business!! I actually met with her after being disappointed by the service/lack or professionalism of another local bakery (Sweet Confections). I wanted to have cupcakes at my wedding, which was discouraged at the other bakery. After meeting with Patty, she was extremely professional, prepared, kind, and accommodating to what I had in mind and added her professional input without being too pushy or overwhelming. The tasting session was fantastic and she even gave us the leftovers to take home. The finished product was amazing and the cupcakes were beyond delicious- we got so many compliments! She set everything up for us and picked up the cupcake stand following the wedding. She also limits the amount of weddings she does per weekend and it is very obvious that she is dedicated to make your wedding desserts a priority. I would HIGHLY recommend Patty for your wedding cake, cupcakes, or whatever you have in mind for your wedding day!!

Profile Picture Anne Marie, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I can not begin to say enough great things about Patty at About Weddings. My fiancé and I went and had our cake tasting and we were hooked. We tasted 3 cakes with 3 different fillings and it was over, I was sold. Her homemade cakes were so moist and flavorful and the homemade fillings were just spectacular. I couldn't get enough. Patty was so kind and accommodating and our fall cake turned out just beautiful. We only just got married in Sept. and I am already wishing it was a year ago so I can dig into our top layer now. Thank you Patty for the amazing and beautiful cake for our wedding, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Choose About Weddings, trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Karen, 9/17/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our cake was amazing!!! Patty was extremely helpful in picking out the style of our cake and the flavors. We weren't sure the number of people we would be having so she gave us pricing on different counts. Patty was amazing in reminding us to have flowers ordered. Everyone loved how the cake tasted and how beautiful it looked.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/4/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

This was by far the best cake I have ever had! Patty was wonderful to work with and my wedding cake came out just as I had envisioned it to be. Because she is not a walk in bakery where everything is mass produced, you can taste the exceptional difference. I went to several bakeries to find the perfect cake and by far About Weddings is the best. Thank you!

Profile Picture User7155390, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From the first time we tried the samples at the bridal showcase, we were hooked. The professionalism was and extra bonus! I loved everything about the experience with Patty at About Weddings. The cake tasting was wonderful. She's very helpful with design and the taste is amazing and I'm not a cake fan. When we walked into our reception, as soon as I seen our cake, I was thrill. I remember say "look at how great my cake looks" it tasted just as great as it looked. Thanks Patty for being apart of our wonderful day!

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

There are no words to even begin to capture how beautiful our wedding cake turned out! Patty was so flexibile to work with, was quick to respond to any questions we had, and was extremely professional! Our wedding cake turned out to be one of our favorite elements to our big day! She brought our vision to life, and the cake turned out even more beautiful than we had pictures! All of our guests raved about how tasty it was too! I highly recommend About Weddings to any bride or groom looking for exceptional service and a cake that will complete your day!

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was completely customizable and it came out gorgeous, not to mention that it was delicious. I was so happy with the entire experience with this baker. Truly a one of a kind experience.

Profile Picture Marissa, 6/18/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Toppers

I can’t say enough great things about Patty, owner of About Weddings. We met with her to decide on wedding cake flavors, colors, styles, etc. At first I was very overwhelmed by all of the options, but Patty was so helpful in giving us her professional opinion and suggestions. We got to sample various flavors. She even allowed us to pick up more flavors to sample because we couldn’t decide- they were all so good! We ended up choosing 3 different flavors (our guests really loved having choices!). We chose chocolate chip (my favorite!), classic vanilla, and marble. Patty went out of her way to pick up the flowers for our cake from my florist the day before the wedding. Patty’s cakes are high quality with rich flavor and are very reasonably priced! I highly recommend using About Weddings for your wedding.

Profile Picture Casey, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Patty, was the best baker ever!! She made the most delicious chocolate raspberry wedding cake! The cake was so moist and delicious. Everyone at thereception wanted to know where I got the cake, I had the most pleasant time with my husband at the cake tasting and I can tell you that what you taste at the tasting will taste the same on your wedding cake.

Profile Picture Angelica, 11/21/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cake Toppers

My fiance and I met with Patty about our wedding cake for our wedding on 10/10/15. We had been to a few other bakeries and were not happy with the prices nor the presentation of their offerings. Patty was different - she not only sat down and talked to us about all the options with her cakes, she showed them to us in photos AND 3D styrofoam models so we could see how large the cake would appear in person. We were going to go with a 3 tier cake, but after seeing the model, decided on 4 tiers. Patty drew out the vision we had for the cake design, and even sent me home with a copy of the drawing! When I let her know we weren't getting fresh flowers for the cake, she created flowers out of fondant at no extra charge.
My fiance I I were very excited about our hexagonal/circular 4 tier cake that combined 2 different cake flavors, 2 different fillings and an amazing (non-gummy) fondant that tastes more like a sweet buttercream... But, it was even more amazing when we saw our drawing come to life on our wedding day! :)
We chose the pumpkin spice cake with white chocolate filling alternated with marble cake with chocolate filling. We got a ton of compliments on the taste, the way the cake looked, and even the cake stand itself! It was absolutely gorgeous and tasted amazing.
You can tell that Patty is very invested in what she does, she puts her heart into it and takes care of her customers. She was on time with all of her delivery and we had absolutely no issues or complaints. I'd recommend About Weddings and Patty to any bride!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Patty is such a sweet lady, I enjoyed working with her to make my cake! Prior to your appointment she finds out what you'd like to try and once you're there she gives you and your spouse-to-be time to enjoys her 'tester' cupcakes without hovering over your shoulder. Once you know what you like, she tries to be very flexible with your cake so it's exactly what you'd like it to be. And everyone LOVED the cake!

Profile Picture User4836834, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! Patti did an amazing job! She was so easy to work with and was extremely friendly!!

Profile Picture User5423514, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was GORGEOUS and soooo delicious!! The owner was very enthusiastic and excited about doing the cake for our wedding. And very affordable!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/4/15, 3 Reviews