About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

268 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

1 User photo

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians 1

bonnie · Married on 09/19/2014

Gary (owner) at About Music Pro is hands down the best DJ-Musician we have ever experienced at a wedding! He was the DJ and musician for two of my relatives who recently got married and their dance floor was packed all night long. When it was my turn to get married, we knew we had to talk to Gary! We still met with a few other companies, but About Music pro definitely had the best rates and a good vibe. Gary was super friendly and great to work with. We truly feel like he's an expert in his field. Gary was flexible and responsible. He followed up with us when necessary which we really appreciated and he helped us add a few creative touches like songs for the ceremony and for our introductions and first dance. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night and everyone was talking about what an amazing party we had. We gave Gary about 10 "must-play" songs and then gave him the freedom to read the crowd and choose the rest of the music. I've had so many people ask me for his play list because they loved the songs he chose! If we had to do it all over again, he would 100% be our DJ again! You honestly can't go wrong with him!

Sent on 10/01/2014

lori · Married on 09/14/2014

We had Gary for our wedding and reception and he was simply amazing! Gary was our DJ and part of the string trio and he was extremely professional and approachable. He was the perfect host for our ceremony and reception. When it came to getting people on the dance floor, he not only kept the party going all night, but also was able to capture our music taste perfectly based on the sample music list we provided prior to the wedding.b We got tons of compliments on what a great DJ and String Trio we had and can't wait to refer Gary from About Music Pro to others!

Sent on 09/17/2014

lauren · Married on 09/05/2014

We worked with About Music Pro for our wedding and they were spectacular! Our DJ was so high-energy the whole night and made sure he got name pronunciations/order of bridal party, perfect, and the music played was just what we wanted. He kept all of our guests happy with requests, He really did a fantastic job and we got a ton of compliments from our guests. This company was really easy to work with and even gave me the DJ's cell number to get in touch for a last minute detail I needed to confirm. Super job. Thanks again!

Sent on 09/10/2014

jenelle · Married on 08/30/2014

About Music Pro is the best. Gary was a great help in planning our agenda and song selections and making us feel comfortable through the whole process. Our ceremony and cocktail guitarist was Eric and he played our entire request list flawlessly. Our DJ & MC was Ed and he was absolutely amazing. Not only is he super friendly, but also he was so helpful leading us through the wedding reception. The mix of songs he prepared was perfect and would highly recommend him. If you read this, Thank you Gary, Ed & Eric.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Heather · Married on 08/16/2014

Gary was so professional. We appreciated his quick responses via phone or email. He took the time to meet with us up front to get a feel for us and our music interests as well as idea of how the reception would flow. We gave him a playlist for the cocktail hour and reception and he abided by them. The volume wasn't too loud through the night. People could still have conversations and he wasn't on the mic at random times other than the times he needed to be, for party announcements.
    Gary was affordable and had lights to add to the package so we didn't have to go and use another vendor. Thank you, Gary!

Sent on 08/27/2014

andria · Married on 08/15/2014

I wish it was possible to give About Music Pro more than five stars. They were AMAZING! Our DJ & Musician Gary was communicative and excellent at his job. He quickly responded to all out emails and phone calls in the months and weeks leading up to my wedding, and when it came down to the day, he was so engaging as our emcee and ceremony musician and so good at his job as a DJ, that friends and family are still raving about our music to this day (weeks later). Judging from the other reviews, all of About Music Pro DJs & Musicians are wonderful, but I have to say, if you get the privilege to work with Gary Rich, you should know you are extremely lucky. Thank you, Gary!

Sent on 08/21/2014

mellissa · Married on 08/02/2014

Gary was the best DJ/MC and musician for our wedding! He was so easy to work with. He definitely got it right. The music at our ceremony and reception was perfect, and our guests were so pleased, even with the music played during dinner! After dinner, Gary got the party started and everyone danced all night. He was awesome and we would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ and musician for their wedding. He was so flexible too- we didn't get him our songs for the father/daughter and son/mother dance until the night before, and he was still able to make sure our night was seamless and flowed just right.

Sent on 08/14/2014

Gary and two other musicians played at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and they were fantastic. The music was great and flowed really well. Gary was also extremely responsive via phone and email which was very reassuring. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a musician! He's great!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

abby · Married on 07/27/2014

A little over a week later and people are STILL talking about the DJ and Band for our wedding. Gary Rich and his Band were super cool and handled all our requests. We had Gary’s Band and he DJ’d on the breaks. They rolled with all of the many punches our wedding threw at them. They did every request, and like one of the guests noted, they actually played off the crowd. Not only did they have the dance floor jam packed all night, they kept the flow of the party smooth from beginning to end. These guys are truly the best!!! Thanks Gary!

Sent on 08/07/2014

jenny · Married on 07/26/2014

Gary, at About Music Pro was very professional, personable and great at helping us plan our wedding. His music library was excellent, too. When I asked him for some obscure stuff, he had it. He guaranteed to have all my requests, and he did. I would highly recommend him and his company to any of my friends (already have) and to you reading this as well. Can't recommend About Music Pro enough.

Sent on 07/31/2014

sara · Married on 07/20/2014

Gary Rich was my wedding DJ and Musician and did an AWESOME job! The dancing never stopped and everyone had a blast. We had so many compliments on the music and everyone had a great time. I have memories to last a lifetime!
    I would recommend About Music Pro for any event. They were amazing and Gary was a huge musical talent.

Sent on 07/24/2014
  • User4212022 · 2+ years ago

Gary played guitar throughout my ceremony and cocktail hour. He then was the DJ for my reception. He kept things moving very smoothly. People were out on the dance floor the entire evening. Gary also stayed an extra hour and played because the party was still going.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Kristin · Married on 04/05/2014

Gary was great to work with and did such an amazing job. We planned an out of state wedding so never actually met up with him until the day of the ceremony. Planning from across the country was stressful but he was so easy to get a hold of and helped us put together a plan minute by minute of how the ceremony and reception would run. For the ceremony he played guitar on the beach instead of playing music and it was simply beautiful. As for the reception, he picked up on exactly what kind of music our group likes and played songs that set the mood perfectly. It made everything flow. I would a hundred times over pick About Music Productions for the music and recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Allison · Married on 02/07/2014

I had Gary from About Music Productions play guitar for my wedding ceremony, DJ the cocktail and reception, and provide lighting for inside and outside of the venue. From the very beginning, Gary was professional, kind, and listened to what I wanted. The event was beautiful and flawless -- the lighting looked wonderful, the live guitar music at the ceremony was great, and the music during the cocktail and the reception was exactly what my husband and I wanted. I HIGHLY recommend Gary and About Music Productions!!!!

Sent on 03/09/2014

jen · Married on 01/25/2014

About Music Pro did a phenomenal job at our wedding up in San Diego. They worked with us before the wedding to get an idea of what we wanted and he delivered 100%. There were some sections of the wedding that we were flexible on and they provided excellent suggestions and advice. They were responsive, punctual and extremely professional.
    Gary played guitar beautifully during the procession and recession. He did all of the sound for the ceremony and it went off without a hitch. Everyone could hear everything and there was never an instance of feedback. The weddings officiate even remarked about how easy it was to work with Gary and was impressed at Gary’s ability to get the sound set up so nicely. Gary did a tremendous job with his 5-piece band during the reception - he really read the crowd and played music that parents, friends and children all danced to. People got down! It was so fun! Thank you for making our day so special. Jen & Alex.

Sent on 03/27/2014

jessie · Married on 01/18/2014

We found the perfect wedding DJ/MC! My husband is European and I am American, so it was very important for us to find someone who was familiar with music that would appeal to our multicultural guests. We're so glad we found About Music Pro, They were GREAT and kept the party going all night! Our DJ Gary knew what songs to play to keep the dance floor packed! We received many compliments on his music and style. Our venue had some restrictions on sound levels and set up, which initially worried us a bit, but Gary from About Music Pro was able to set up his equipment and make sure everything ran smoothly without any issues.
    Oh yea, and he was a really nice guy’s too :)

Sent on 03/20/2014

For my wedding, About Music Pro did a great job. They understood what I was looking for musically and executed with much success. Their music kept the audience going, longer than I had anticipated (a plus!). Additionally, they followed my instructions to a tee. They were responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. I'd recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 04/10/2014

We had About Music Pro do both our wedding ceremony and our reception, and could not be any more pleased. They were totally flexible with us, and really took the time to work with us on our music. We had several requests and suggestions, and they were able to successfully incorporate those into the program, while still doing an excellent job of keeping the crowd engaged, having fun and on the dance floor. We met a couple of times on the phone to walk through our asks/ expectations and come the day of the wedding didn't have to give the music another thought - we just had a lot of fun. Highly Recommended!!

Sent on 03/06/2014

karla · Married on 01/04/2014

Gary Rich from About Music Pro was total inspiration for everyone at my wedding and reception. He had Guitar and Violin duo for the ceremony and cocktails he was very accommodating with our music requests and played a lot of our favorites. He was our DJ/MC at the reception & guitarist at our ceremony; I was so glad that the dance hall was large enough for everyone. We were all in the dancing moods that night and the dance floor was packed all night long.. Everyone commented how great the music was through out the whole event. I highly recommend!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Gary was very flexible with our wedding that required him to work in two venues. His piano, guitar and DJ skills were excellent!

Sent on 11/24/2013

marie · Married on 08/10/2013

Gary Rich was a fantastic DJ & Musician for our wedding! From the minute I contacted him via email to the end of our reception, he was the perfect DJ/MC and Guitarist for my husband and me, with the right balance between professionalism and fun. Gary was easy to talk to, responded quickly to my questions, never pressured us with sales tactics or music selections, spent extra time scouting our venue for the perfect setup, kept guests entertained and dancing, and made our wedding night run smoothly. I would recommend Gary Rich from About Music Pro to any bride who wants a stress-free wedding with vendors she can rely on.

Sent on 10/09/2013

jessica · Married on 08/03/2013

I am so glad a friend recommended Gary from About Music Pro to me. He Played piano for the ceremony, guitar for the cocktails and DJ for the reception he really made our small, 45 person wedding amazing. Our event had wonderful energy the whole night, and about 90% of attendees even danced! (I had been told by numerous people that at most small weddings only a few people dance.)

More importantly, Gary honored our eclectic music tastes. I wasn't interested in hip-hop/pop/rap music, but wanted acoustic guitar, select oldies, etc. I loved the songs he chose! He played many songs from our favorites list, and sprinkled similar, up-beat songs to get everyone moving.

Gary Rich also worked within our budget. He was very reasonably priced and even offered a discount on custom lighting so we had up-lighting and a large Gobo light. All of this added to a wonderful feel at our ceremony and reception. Also, he was a great Emcee, introducing various aspects of the reception (first dance, cake cutting, etc.) without bothering people or being annoying (like I said, I've seen some truly awful DJ's).

Please, consider Gary Rich for your event! He is professional, classy, warm and friendly. I promise you, he will do an amazing job.

Sent on 10/02/2013

alice · Married on 08/02/2013

Gary Rich was such a pleasure to work with. He was the DJ/MC and Pianist for my wedding and he did a great job. I am a music lover and I love to dance so I had a few requirements for our wedding. I made my own music list, made do not play list, and asked that there were no requests taken from our guests. He made sure to follow all my wants :) As soon as the first song came on the dance floor was packed and stayed that way until the end of the night. He really made our wedding a success.
    One thing I really like about working with Gary Rich was how personal he made our communication. I would send him emails with questions and he always came back with, when's the best time to chat on the phone. He made an effort to have interactive communication and it really made my "wedding planning" easier.

Sent on 09/26/2013

amanda · Married on 07/27/2013

I mean, what can I possibly say that hasn't already been said.. About Music Productions is the end all be all of DJ/LIVE MUSIC companies. Gary, I love you. You put a soundtrack to my dream day and I can't thank you enough. They listen, they care, they take what you LOVE and have the skill to piece it all together in some magical recipe that keeps the people dancing all night. I didn't leave the floor from the first song until the final song because I didn't have to.. the whole wedding was out there. Thank you, thank you, as a bride who may not have the dancing skill, but a passion that can't be beat, you gave me my favorite and most treasured memory.... DANCING MY ASS OFF.. ALL NIGHT! Cheers to you!!

Sent on 09/07/2013

jennifer · Married on 07/26/2013

About Music Pro provided the musicians and DJ for my wedding and they were damn perfect. I'm still not sure how they pulled it off so well: they perfectly blended all of our music requests and desires (which ranged the gamut of musical styles that they did seamlessly and effortlessly. Indeed, during the prep process they were super easy to deal with -- very helpful during wedding planning when all the other details need to be attended and there's some mini-crisis to deal with. There professional nature meant that we didn't worry about the DJ or musicians being ready for our wedding. Thanks again for a super job well done!

Sent on 09/20/2013