About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

256 | San Diego, CA

256 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

stella · Married on 11/19/2016

DJ Gary made a huge impact on our wedding day, and we can't rave enough about him. We'll give it our best shot though. Gary met with us before our wedding, took all of our suggestions no matter how random, and filled the gaps perfectly with his own ideas. He is very professional! His music choices are creative and flow perfectly and he was brilliant at "reading the room." We are so thrilled that we found him and that he was available on our date. Our wedding day wouldn't have been the same without him. Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/22/2016

amy · Married on 11/18/2016

I was very pleased with the customer service at About Music Pro. We used them for our Wedding last month and I will definitely use them again. They took the time to listen to exactly what I wanted for my wedding. They are attentive, responsive, and proactive. Their staff is so friendly and professional. They know music and they know how to get people up and dancing. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/15/2016

kristy · Married on 11/13/2016

About Music Pro provided music for our wedding. We were extremely happy! Gary was our DJ and pianist and he did an amazing job! He was very polite and engaging with everything. He played beautiful piano at the ceremony and cocktails, we had many comment on what an exceptional talent he was. All the music selection was exactly what we wanted and the atmosphere was tremendous! The music Gary played led the to several dance offs during the reception we had an incredible time that we will never forget! Thank you guys! Especially thank you Gary!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Carli · Married on 11/12/2016

I hired a duo violinist and DJ through Gary and could not have been happier with his service and team! Gary made the process extremely stressless. The violinists were beautiful, and the DJ was awesome and super fun. Everyone was on time and very professional. I highly recommend About Music Pro for weddings or any type of event. Thanks again to Gary and his awesome team!

Sent on 12/02/2016

beth · Married on 11/11/2016

We used About Music Pro for our wedding a couple weeks ago. The process was very simple. The timing of the ceremony and reception music was perfect. The music selections he added fit in perfectly with our style. Our DJ/MC was great! He announced all the events that made the party flow nicely. Most of people at our wedding were on the in the dance floor throughout the night. One of the best parts was he played the songs we wanted and left the ones off that we did not want played. Awesome experience!

Sent on 12/03/2016

diane · Married on 11/06/2016

We hosted a wedding in downtown San Diego this past month. We used About Music Pro and could not have been happier. We had Gary as our DJ and musician he was amazing. He was very professional and high energy DJ and musician. He had absolutely everyone on the dance floor. Including my 90-year-old grand mother. He gave us a heads up on every event before it happened. Gary really ran the whole reception from wedding party entrance to first dance, cake cutting, garter and bouquet toss. He made sure that the dance floor was full and everyone had a great time! He made the night and we are so happy he was part of our special night!

Sent on 11/27/2016

cara · Married on 11/04/2016

We used About Music Pro for our reception in San Diego at the Hotel Del. We were very happy with our our musician and DJ. He kept our guests on the dance floor all night, and everyone had a great time! He played everything we asked him to (and didn't play anything we specifically asked him not to play), and the company itself always responded timely to all of our communications. We don't live in San Diego, they made out of town planning super easy We would use them again and recommend them. Thanks again for making our wedding reception a great party!

Sent on 11/20/2016

debbie · Married on 10/29/2016

Our DJ and musicians from About Music Pro, Were purely phenomenal they exceeded all our expectations!
    As a company they were very easy to work with -- specifically Gary Rich. He was helpful and very resourceful he match us to a DJ and musicians with all of the qualities we were looking for. There was a point in the wedding that somebody said to me, "WOW !! -- I don't think anybody's NOT on the dance floor right now." Enough said. They were awesome!

Sent on 11/13/2016

miley · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I were really excited to have Gary as our DJ/MC at our wedding. We saw him at a friends wedding and knew he would do an awesome job! He put a lot of effort and priority in making sure we had a great party for our friends and family. When we arrived, Gary Rich pronounced all of the wedding party names correctly and smoothly transitioned from our entrance song to our first dance song. He picked the perfect music for our Rat Pack/crooner request. He did a great job adjusting the schedule when we got a little behind, but also kept things moving along at a good pace. My husband and I and our friends love to dance, and Gary played so well to the crowd. He played every song on our must have list, but he also took really fun requests from our friends. Our friends are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding, and Gary was a huge reason for that.

Sent on 11/04/2016

dawn · Married on 10/21/2016

I am so glad my husband and I chose About Music Pro for all of our music at our wedding. Gary, the owner, was so quick to get back to me whenever I needed information or suggestions. It was great that they had live and DJ combinations packages so I could get all my music in one spot. Our string trio for the ceremony and cocktail were awesome! Our DJ/MC was very organized and helped with the events we had planned. He helped make our day a truly memorable one that we will always remember. What a great time we had! I've already recommended him, and will continue to recommend him to co-workers and friends. Gary met with us twice before the wedding, once for a reception planning and once for our music selections. He was so friendly and he immediately got the exact type of music we wanted at the ceremony and reception. Thank you!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/03/2016

We went with Gary after doing extensive research and noting how stellar his reviews were—and we were not disappointed! He's the best in the area for good reason. He was responsive and helpful during the planning process. (He gave me invaluable advice on the day-of timeline.) He was flexible when we needed to add on extra hours and have him do sound in three different locations of the wedding property. I loved his unobtrusive MC style—it's just what I wanted. He announced the different activities and kept things moving along, but didn't chatter into the mic or do any of the annoying crowd hyping that I've seen some wedding DJs do. He killed it with the music during dancing, and was sure to include the songs on my "must play" list. We would definitely recommend Gary to anyone planning a wedding or other event!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Vanessa · Married on 07/31/2016

First of all - Gary is the best! This review is long overdue (sorry Gary). He quickly responds to messages, great team player with our planner the day of (we hired him independently from our planner), professional, entertaining, talented and kind. He played solo guitar for our ceremony/cocktails then his band joined in for the reception. Everyone (ages 2-94) loved the music and danced (even those that “don’t dance”); the resort staff/servers had a great time too. To this day (1.5yrs later!) our friends/family still mention how much fun they had and the great music that night. Thank you so much Gary for making our day so memorable and being a part of it! More references are headed your way.

Sent on 12/14/2017

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Hi Vanessa & Danny, Thank you very much for your kind words! I hope you are both doing well! I truly appreciate that you took the time to write such a heartfelt review. It was an honor to be a part of your special day and I am truly grateful! Please contact me, anytime, if I can be of service in the future. I wish you both all the best! Thanks again!
    Take care,
    Gary Rich

Gary was the DJ and played the ukulele at our wedding. His ukulele playing during our cocktail hour was the perfect addition to our beachside wedding. His song selection during our reception kept our dance floor alive all night. There was not a moment when the dance floor was empty and our guest kept raving about how great of a job he did. We highly recommend Gary as both a musician and a DJ!

Sent on 10/24/2016

hannah · Married on 06/19/2016

Awesome Music Company! These guys did an outstanding job! With Gary managing the music and the coordination side and DJ Ed performing the DJ/MC duties, we had many compliments about the music! Gary was extremely responsive to our input! Ed was adept at managing requests, and a wiz on the tables. It was so great to relax at our wedding and have fun knowing everything was taken care of!

Sent on 10/21/2016
  • Z

zoe · Married on 06/18/2016

Gary went above and beyond what we had expected! We knew he was totally in sync with our style of music and was super flexible with coordinating very last minute requests that popped up hours and even minutes before our wedding. He provided a string quartet for our ceremony that he was part of that was incredible! I have total praise for Gary and his crew they were able to accommodate so many unexpected surprises so flawlessly. The energy level was off the charts and we've had guests tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I'm confident that without Gary that would not be the case. We will definitely hire About Music Pro to do all events and parties we throw in the future.

Sent on 08/26/2016

skylar · Married on 06/12/2016

We are so glad that we chose About Music Pro! They truly lived up to all of their great reviews! We had a string Trio for the ceremony and cocktails. They played every one of our requests beautifully! Gary was also our DJ/MC for the reception and was incredible at keeping the party and events going. They created a perfect wedding and reception. Thanks you so much to Gary and his crew. You were all awesome!

Sent on 08/12/2016

lucy · Married on 06/11/2016

My husband and I Hired About Music Pro for our wedding this year and had opportunity to work with Gary and his 5 piece band they were by far, the best wedding band we have seen out of the many wedding and events we have attended over the years. Gary and his band take their work very seriously and it shows in the results they get on the dance floor. There is a unique blend of fun and professional in there performance. Gary was an excellent MC when his presence is required, and when it comes to the music! The whole night was magical.
    The band covered a wide rage of musical styles and can read the dance floor to keep the party going.
    I would highly recommend Gary and his band (I already have) if you want a incredible dance party at your wedding!

Sent on 08/05/2016

mila · Married on 06/10/2016

We had About Music Pro do all the music for our wedding this year. We worked hand and hand with Gary Rich to customize our wedding music to be exactly what we wanted. We had a string quartet for our ceremony, a jazz trio for our cocktail hour and a 10 piece band with a DJ/MC, We also added 20 up-lights and audio video for our reception. Gary and his company not only met our expectations, but they far exceeded it! They produced an incredible event that we will remember the rest of our lives! A major thumbs up to Gary and About Music Pro! Thank you so Much....

Sent on 07/16/2016

violet · event on 06/05/2016

My husband and I had such a great experience working with Gary from About Music Pro DJs and musicians for our wedding! He was extremely flexible and responsive, as well as instrumental in performing and setting up sound equipment for the ceremony and reception speeches. The music was inspiring, and no one could stop dancing! My dad and mom and our friends were loving the song "Uptown Funk" that he played and, of course at the end of the night, people were wanting "one more song!" - Gary knew what to do... ending the night with a sing-a-long to "Don't stop believing" was such a fun moment! Thank you again!

Sent on 07/02/2016

nora · Married on 06/04/2016

Our DJ/Musician Gary Rich was by far the best wedding DJ/Musician ever. Every part of the evening was the musical embodiment of a perfect wedding -- from the quiet music that was playing as the guests arrived, to the never-want-the-night-to-end dance party that had even our parents dancing until the last song. The whole night Gary was playing all the right music and moving the party along so everyone was had a good time! Thanks so much, About Music Pro -- you made our wedding an absolutely unforgettable event.

Sent on 06/25/2016

addison · Married on 06/03/2016

About Music Pro was so helpful and fun to work with! Our Band, "The Blue Daddy’s", were awesome, and Gary Rich was so flexible and helpful and organized. In spite of my lack of direction, Gary and his band members made our wedding exactly what we'd imagined it would be. They accommodated all of our requests and our guests were raving about how perfect and fun the band was. To show how flexible Gary was, he became our DJ when the band took breaks and that really kept the party moving! Overall, About Music Pro is a very professional, approachable, reliable, great option if you're looking for a band with a DJ!!

Sent on 06/19/2016

aubrey · Married on 05/29/2016

Gary Rich delivered nothing less than perfection at my May 29th 2016 wedding. Preparation with him involved nearly countless emails between the two of us, some of which I was definitely embarrassed to send at the most stressful points of wedding planning - but throughout it all Gary was calm, cool, and collected. We also were able to have an awesome meeting in downtown San Diego he suggested, which is now a go-to place for my now-husband and I every time we go downtown. The day of, he acted as wedding planner and kept everything "on track". While we enjoyed it all, stress free, thanks to him. If we ever have another occasion to need a DJ/MC, I know who we will call without hesitation. Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Joyce · Married on 05/28/2016

Other wedding had a lot of genres and there was a timeline for each ,he kept it all flowing.

Sent on 06/05/2016

natalie · Married on 05/20/2016

One of the best decisions I made for our wedding was to hire About Music Pro for my wedding. From start to finish, it was an amazing and stress-free experience. Right after we met Gary (owner) both my husband and I knew they was the right fit for us: relaxed, fun and helpful. And we were right! The dance floor was full the entire night - with everyone from our 5-year-old niece through to my 90-year-old grandpa. They was super helpful in getting us ready for the big day and they were a star during the ceremony and reception(creating the exact feel we wanted). I would hire About music Pro again in a heartbeat. So, so, so amazing!

Sent on 05/29/2016

layla · Married on 05/15/2016

Gary Rich is a wonderful guitarist, pianist and DJ ... I didn’t have a lot of experience hiring a musician and DJ and Gary made it easy! From the first time we met I knew he was the right choice for our wedding. He was very helpful with our agenda and choosing our songs. When it came to our wedding day he played classical guitar for our ceremony and reggae guitar for the cocktail hour. He then switched hats and became our DJ/MC for the grand entrance and first dance. During the dinner hour, he played piano and all of our favorite jazz standards that we had requested. We were blown away by his versatility and professionalism. I would recommend him for all events. He helped make our day incredible and we are eternally grateful! Thank you so much Gary!!!

Sent on 05/22/2016